Transylvania Hostel Reviews

Str. Iuliu Maniu Nr.26, Apt 12, Cluj Napoca, Romania

Had a great time and especially enjoyed the balcony and terrace outdoors! Staff were friendly and helpful. They can improve by gradually replacing the furniture by better quality stuff. The curtain came down when I tried to open it and the back panel was falling out of the lockable closet.

Great staff, great hostel, can't wait to come back :)

• 18th Jul 2013
  • Serbia

Great and very helpfull staff. Cosy place all over, especially the garden.

Perfect hostel everything u need. Staff were overbearing (couldn't sneeze without them asking if I was alright) but aside from that absolutely perfect most definitely one of the greatest showers I've had in a very long time felt like I was in a hotel not a hostel. Despite advertising as not including b/f they provide crappy cereal iif you're hungary. Most pubs in Cluj stop allowing foreigners in after a certain time and therefore you're forced to go to 24h pub Jinas. Romanian bakeries:.Mmmmmm!!

Great location, very nice and helpfull staff. One of the best hostels where I ever been!

• 15th Jul 2013
  • Finland

we have been traveling around europe for a month, and this is the greatest hostel we had been at so far. they have the ultimativly greatest showers and great big dorms. you'll get your own locker and key to your private stuff. The staff went out for a drink with us one night and the very next day, the owners went out with us to a romanian rstaurant. we also tried the other hostel in Cluj, but we definitly recommend Transyvania! great location, great staff, great stay!

Best showers ever. Seriously. And the staff is great.

I don't often find hostels where I instantly feel at home like this. The staff was incredibly helpful, the managers were very present, it was clean and friendly. As a lone traveler, I really enjoyed my stay! And of course, it is very central, which makes it even more perfect! This just met all my expectations, and even more!

Great hostel, very well run. Ticks off all the key elements of a good hostel: staff who know the town, location, good social atmosphere. All the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly, right from the owners to the cleaner. They will do everything they can to ensure you have a good time in Cluj.

They don't like to be booked over hostel sites like hostelworld.com. So if you do book here, double check the amount of money they'll let you pay while arriving. Better book directly.

Great hostel, very central and it was easy to socialize. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was clean and quiet, the beds were confortable and the facilities were definitely good. It was a little annoying that the internet didn't work from our bedrooms.

• 6th Jul 2013

Very good hostel where to spend your time in Cluj-Napoca. Staff is very helpful and easygoing and they will help you as much as possible. Rooms are nice and very clean - as bathroom is. Position is very good, between the main orthodox church in Cluj and the main square. I highly recommend it

My girlfriend and I had a great time in Cluj at Transylvania Hostel. The staff rocked, and we partied hard after our somewhat long trip in from Hungary. It was a great way to welcome us to Romania! Thanks a lot!

For some reason Cluj Napoca is a bit off the tourist trail in Romania, despite being a friendly, energetic city with amazing bars everywhere. So Transylvania Hostel was never as full as it should be. Despite that, it's a wonderful little hostel with a lot of space, very clean bathrooms, and perfectly located. The best thing is probably the staff, who, as everyone says, are extremely friendly and chilled out. They were a joy to hang out with. Great place to be and right near some wonderful bars!

Excellent hostel, even for a group as large as ours (13 people)!

• 1st Jul 2013
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Really nice hostel with great and helpfull staff!

• 29th Jun 2013
  • Romania

This place is incredible. Big dorms, the staff were so pleasant and welcoming, free tea. I would definitely recommend staying in this place. To reiterate, really awesome hostel :-)

• 24th Jun 2013

Super central location. Very tidy and great stuff. Highly recommended !

Great location and staff. Also, I really like the bathroom, one of the best I've ever seen in a hostel. Not only modern but also very clean!

Perfect place to stay!