Transylvania Hostel Reviews

Str. Iuliu Maniu Nr.26, Apt 12, Cluj Napoca, Romania

I loved this place. The staff and owners were lovely and facilitated a really great atmosphere. Perfect location, nice dorm rooms, good facilities. It's the kind of place you end up staying longer than you'd planned.

• 24th Nov 2013

Good location, friendly and helpful staff, and great games room. Recommended!

Hostel Transylvania is great. Staff, atmosphere or location is just perfect. It is kind of small which makes it perfect for just chilling out and meeting other travellers.

The hostel staff was very friendly. The location was great and the showers were nice and warm. I would definitely stay there again.

• 8th Nov 2013

In comparison with other places where I stayed, this hostel should be better. But its situation is very good in the city center. Personal is very friendly and informs you well.

Great hostel, located perfectly in the centre of Cluj. The staff were really welcoming and were extremely helpful with any requests or questions we had. The hostel had a really relaxed atmosphere and great social spaces, unfortunately it was not very full during our stay so we did not meet too many others. Facilities are clean and very comfortable, I would definitely recommend this hostel

Amazing staff...only downside, other stupid guests kept losing the ping pong balls! take a deposit!!

The Transylvania Hostel was great- helpful staff, huge kitchen, great location, and comfy beds...

Good location in Cluj. We stayed in a private room and it was huge. Most of the staff were really helpful! Do the day trip to the ice cave, we were very disappointed that we missed out because it looked fantastic.

I enjoyed my stay here and found the staff friendly and helpful.

Really good location. Staff are nice and give friendly pointers where to go that locals go to (if your interested in that kind of thing). Really good for single travelers and really clean.

Nice place with great staff. Everything was just as one could expect. Would easily recommend to anyone going to Cluj.

A solid hostel. unfortunately the laundry service was down for the couple of days we were there and one of the showers wasn't working to begin with but that's mostly bad luck with timing. Atmosphere is dependent on who else is there but there is a good common room and lounge in the kitchen.

Nice place to stay, rooms are clean, big enough and have lockable kabinets. The staff is nice and knowledgeable about the city and attractions. Big plus for common spaces, especially room with board games, biliard and table tennis, etc. Location in the centre is excellent.

I could not sleep well because of a person who come in the room at 11 pm, return at 5 am and snore untill 2 pm for four days. Doors and windows where kept open when it was very cold, so I purchased two sweaters and cold medicine. Then on the last day at 6 am after being woken up by a total of five people, I went into the kitchen to prepare food. It was in entirely in shambles from the drunks from the night before, with burn't pots and pans. A refund should be in order.

• 18th Sep 2013

I wish you had told us! We could have moved you to a quieter room, closed the window and arranged the kitchen had we known there was an issue. We take a huge amount of pride in our hostel, and we want it to be perfect for all of our guests! We understand that hostels are not the right choice for everyone. Sometimes you just want to sleep and sharing a dorm with others isn’t ideal. I’m sorry that you were disturbed by your roommates. We wish you all the best, and happier travels in the future

what a nice hostel. they are available the whole night, there is a super comfy couch and the staff is really cool. just stayed for one short night, but that was quite nice...

Amazing hostel, super clean, well located, the staff are amazing, and the owners are willing to share anything and everything they know not only about Cluj, but about Romanian and European culture in general. I would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Cluj.

I really liked this place, the staff were fantastic and although not a huge amount of guests, the ones I met were all really nice. The hostel also gives a great walking tour of Cluj and the coffee and cake session with some of the staff is a great wake up in the morning. The place has a real family feel and the staff will be happy to do anything with you. Good rooms and amenities as well.

I had a wonderful time at this hostel! It's perfectly located, right in the center of town, close to everything, (monuments, supermarkets, bars, etc). The hostel is well organized, with nice showers (plenty of hot water), a kitchen, various lounge areas, a great balcony overlooking a garden, etc. What really sets the hostel apart, however, is the superb staff, who were unbelievably helpful and kind - truly above and beyond the call of duty. I can't recommend this hostel highly enough!!

Amazing place. I hope I come back here soon!