Transylvania Hostel Reviews

Str. Iuliu Maniu Nr.26, Apt 12, Cluj Napoca, Romania

Great place to stay. The guy who checked us in seemed to be in a world of his own. But friendly enough lol. Atmosphere seemed great in the hostel. We were a bit rushed for time so didn't socialise much though. Would definetly recommend.

Best place to stay in town for sure. Quite chilled atmosphere yet there is always someone about to go out and party in the town and the staff makes sure every one is included. It's a great place to base yourself in the best city in Romania.

Everyone is so awesome and helpful!

Great hostel. The staff will give you a free shot in the evenings and then take you out for somewhere to eat and a few drinks, this created a nice community atmosphere in the hostel which makes it a rare find. Staying here will make your time in Cluj a lot more memorable

Security: The main door is always open, so basically everyone could step into the building:-( If you are coming by train be ready for some walking, cause the station is quite outside the center. Staff was friendly and helpful but not towering warm hearted. The staff is organizing every evening a little shot and brings you afterwards to a bar in town. Unfortunately the people around were not really party-people, so it didn't end in much fun.

Hi! The front door stays open during the day for the neighbors, but the hostel is on a different floor and each guest has a key to their room, a huge personal locker, security cameras in common areas, and a vigilant team on duty. The train station is 2km outside of the center with buses to bring you into town, and the hostel is 0km from the city center right in the heart of Cluj! We focus on building a community instead of partying hard, but we like to have fun too. All the best for your trip!

Great atmosphere! Perfect for solo travelers. The showers were the best!! Meeting every night for a shot and heading out to dinner/drinks is a great way to meet people. Thanks Transylvania Hostel!

The hostel was extremely central and I had a great time, the staff were very friendly and they try to organise different things to do each day.

Excellent hostel.. great hostel especialy if u r travelling solo. They do dinners, bars and club nights which bring everyone in the hostel together ! Also games/music room awesome ! Beds bery comfortable, great location and staff. Highly recommend u must stay !!

It´s a nice hostel. It´s in the center and nice area. They were hospitable with us and help us to enjoy the city The hostel it´s located in a old building and it´s really lovely ;) If you travel by car, you could park easy in the area! we enjoy our time there!! And Cluj Napoca is city that you have to visit if you like the alternative art and life.

Absolutely loved this hostel. Great staff. Great facilities. Great atmosphere. Great everything

All the facilities are good and after 10pm everyone has to be quiet so you can sleep. It's NOT a place for hanging out talking/partying late at night, but the hostel makes group trips to town to eat and drink so that you meet your fellow travellers and go party. Very good for meting people. The staff is nice and helpful but for some reason I felt a little awkward at this place, their smiles can seem a bit fake (they're trying too hard) and somehow this awkwardness makes me not wanna come back.

Thank you for your comments! We all choose to work in a hostel because of all the amazing people that we get to meet. The most heartbreaking part of hostel life is the rare moment when we make friends with someone but they think we are only being nice because it is our job. It hurts, but luckily most of our connections are felt from both sides. I hope that your travels bring you many great connections and lasting friendships. That is what hostels are all about. Warm regards from Cluj! –Brian

Coming back again and again, some of the best staff you will meet. Beautiful city, and a free shot of palinka every night!

Very nice staff, they work together with a car rental service that brings the rental car to the hostel for free. People were encouraged to share the food they wouldn't eat during their stay with the others. You can take as much as you want from the 'free food shelf' as well. Everybody is willing to help, location of the hostel is really good. We had no AC but the room temperature was not too high even though it was really warm outside.

Helpful staff, great location and services

• 15th Jul 2015

This has been one of the best hostels I've stayed at! The staff is friendly and organizes daily activities which makes it really easy to socialize with and get to know the other people staying at the hostel. This was my first time traveling throughout Europe alone and I had a blast as I was able to quickly make friends with other travelers and go out with them. The rooms and showers were considerably more spacious and clean than those at other hostels I've stayed at. I highly recommend it!!

• 10th Jul 2015

Nice hostel in a good location

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. You can't beat the location and the staff is just super friendly and helpful. It feels like coming home.

Booked for two nights, stayed for three, wanted to stay for more. Hostel is a tiny bit more expensive than others in Romania. But for the atmosphere alone there is no other place I'd ever stay in Cluj. Evening activities everyday. Wonderfully helpful and fun staff who make it their job to know you, take an interest in you and make sure you have the best possible stay. Can't say enough good things about Transylvanian Hostel. Do yourself a favour and just stay here!

A really good hostel. Clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Very good toilets and showers with hot water. Friendly staff that takes you out to dinner every night. Easy for solo travelers to meet people. When it comes to atmosphere it's one of the best hostels I've stayed at. I would change the common room and put a big table where people can sit and talk instead of in the reception. Also, placed to hang your towels and jackets in the dorms would be nice. I would definitely stay here again.

The garden/terrace is a great place to relax and enjoy some down time in Cluj-Napoca. The private room was spacious and the shared bathroom was very clean. The staff was super friendly and helpful. I highly recommend Transylvania Hostel to anyone traveling through Cluj-Napoca.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7