Transylvania Hostel Reviews

Str. Iuliu Maniu Nr.26, Apt 12, Cluj Napoca, Romania

Welcoming facilities and people! Thanks to the amazing staff New Years and the entire visit was full of awesome memories. If you are looking for comfort, conversation and fun Transylvania hostel is a must!

• 4th Jan 2016

Staff need to be careful who they invite into the hostel, the French friends of one of them were extremely rude, unfriendly and arrogant on New Years eve and this made us not go out with the group. If they were guests there'd be nothing you could do, but these were people that one of your staff had invited in. The American man had a great knowledge of things but others couldn't recommend restaurants or anything and often gave inaccurate information (such as tbat hunedoara was a 2 hour train ride

• 31st Dec 2015

Thanks for the heads-up! When friends come by to visit we do expect them to be model guests. I’m so sorry that a disagreement convinced you not to join all of the New Year’s festivities we planned. It was such a fun night and we all missed having you with us. Our team normally has all the answers, but it is a challenge to find a last-minute restaurant on New Year’s Eve without a reservation. I’m glad you enjoyed the feast we set out here in the hostel instead. Safe travels and Happy New Year!

Love this hostel so much, by far my favorite. There is a great central room for everyone to get to know each other and after a while you all become family. I'd love to know the stats on how many people extend their original planned stays just bc they love this place so much. Staff always takes everyone to dinner everyone night, and usually to the bars/clubs after, yet the hostel itself always stays quiet so you'll never have a hard time sleeping the partying off!

• 30th Dec 2015

Excellent place, great central location. The staff were amazing and I had a great time going out with them.

Maybe they had to put a no smoking sign in the kitchen :)

Thank you for the suggestion. Our hostel is indeed 100% smoke free inside. We invite all of our guests to smoke outside on the balcony or in our garden courtyard, which are both lovely. We appreciate that you took your cigarette out of the kitchen when we asked you to. A little respect goes a long way. Enjoy your trip, and we wish you all the best from Cluj! -Transylvania Hostel Team

friendly and down to earth staff who take you on tours around the city every evening. A properly managed hostel with a lively common room and a good kitchen.

I think this was the best hostel I've evern etayed in! Extremely helpful and friendly staff, one of them showed me all the hostel facilities and I immediately felt like home. Super close to everything and very clean. When I go back to Cluj, I will definitely stay there again!

Very homely hostel that has everything you want in a hostel. You can relax if you like or join them on regular nights out or dinners they organize.. Friendly vibe, nice rooms and facilities and the staff do everything to help you out. They even found me a ride share down to Brasov :)

It was a clean and nice hostel with wonderful staff.

Really perfect hostel. Only thing people might be disappointed by is their breakfast is pretty much just cereal. But heck you should be eating out anyway.

Good location but the atmosphere felt a bit cliquey for a solo traveler But that being said, there were a lot of events planned each night, which showed that the hostel actually made a lot of efforts to make the experience memorable. I'm sure if you come at the right time then it would be amazing.

Brilliant staff, lots of events and chances to socialise. THE BEST showers of any hostel I've been to. Comfortable, solid, quiet beds and plenty of space in the dorms. Well equipped kitchen with free spices and cooking essentials. I'm extending my stay indefinitely.

• 5th Nov 2015

The treasure hunt was excellent, I wish there was an extra star to give to the staff, they're really helpful, and add real value to the hostel.

• 31st Oct 2015
  • Romania

Perfect. Staff is awesome and the people there were great

Good location in the Old Town of Cluj. Within walking distance of countless bars, clubs, and restaurants. Very nice facilities and I love the courtyard/garden area. Only thing I didn't like was that you have to walk through the common room to take a shower. My favorite thing is that staff members lead social events each night, which consists of dinner, bar, then club. Def not a "party" hostel, but this aspect ensures you can meet new people/hang out each night

• 23rd Oct 2015

Great place, plenty of space, pleasant communal areas. If you're looking to check out negatives, as you probably are, I suppose they have taken to capitalism with a little too much gusto, charging for little things other Romanian hostels I stayed at provide for free. It wasnt a big deal but might be for budding socialists (or indeed communists). The staff are all really lovely. Id return.

Really chill vibe and accommodating staff! Wouldn't stay anywhere else if in Cluj 😃

Fun hostel is a good location. Big common areas- easy to meet people. Staff is excellent and always have something going on to get everyone together. Had a great time here!

Great place to stay. The guy who checked us in seemed to be in a world of his own. But friendly enough lol. Atmosphere seemed great in the hostel. We were a bit rushed for time so didn't socialise much though. Would definetly recommend.

Best place to stay in town for sure. Quite chilled atmosphere yet there is always someone about to go out and party in the town and the staff makes sure every one is included. It's a great place to base yourself in the best city in Romania.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7