Trauko's Home Reviews

Gran Vias de las Corts Catalanes 538 Pral, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

I was in a private room for two people. This is not exactly in the same place as the normal rooms. Anyway... The wi-fi is a lie. It didn't work at 95% of the time. The old lady who works there was really unpolite in some moments. She wouldn't let us get inside the kitchen, so the kitchen is also a lie. The staff made an effort to kick us out of the hostel before, much time before, the check out time. The bathroom also have some technical problems. Maybe the nomal rooms are better, maybe.

Really enjoyed our stay here. We paid for a double bed private but clearly it was just two single beds pushed together. Staff were very helpful but the bathrooms were limited. Location was good but not great, a bit of a wall into town and La Rambla. Overall, met all our needs.

We had a comfortable private room here, and the staff was nice. The bathrooms were not very well maintained. Often there was no toilet paper, floors were dirty, and some light fixtures were inoperative. But the room was nice and the bed was comfortable.

Great place great staff. Because I book a week in a private room they put me in a building a couple blocks away still in great location. The room was lovely. Only thing that was because I was a single traveler in an apartment not part of hostel made it hard to meet ppl. I would still stay there away staff were amazing.

Good place, super nice staff!

• 12th Jun 2013
  • Belgium

This hostel was very clean and in a pretty great location, right near El Raval, but a little ways away from La Rambla. It's on a pretty noisy street, and it was IMPOSSIBLE to find. We went to the address listed and saw no signs. We were very lucky that an employee happened to be walking in the building right as we arrived. Since we were in a private room, she actually had to walk us to another building a few blocks away. Very friendly!

Great place and great manager, friendly instructive and really amazing setup.

The Daniel we hope see u again

Loved this hostel! It's in a really cool building within walking distance of all the sights and grocery stores and such, also it was really easy to get to from the airport. Hugo was great and the whole staff was kind and helpful. Having access to a kitchen and washing machine was really nice. Community bathrooms suck, but that's life. Definitely the place I'll be staying if I go back to Barcelona.

Had a lovely stay at this hostel last week. The private room was lovely, although the traffic noise was a little loud and it never stopped. Great location, clean, friendly and just what we wanted. Make sure you take your own towels as bath towels aren't provided and the hand towel wasn't changed in the 5 days we were there, so it wasn't very clean.

• 22nd May 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Trauko's Home. I didn't realize when I booked it it was actually someone's home but I would recommend this place to anyone. Finally a nice big shower with hot water and a full kitchen. Everyone was super friendly and I would love to go back in a heartbeat. I would also like to add it was a little unclear to find with the directions. Because it is a home, my friend and I looked a little lost walking up and down the street trying to find it.

• 19th May 2013

thanks a lot!

a little hard to find at first but right outside metro station first time i have stayed in a hostel and would stay here again had a late checkout at no extra cost

• 17th May 2013

Great location. A very short tram ride to get anywhere. Right next to airport bus stop. Within walking distance to city center. Felt very safe. Locked doors free lockers. Trusted the staff a lot. Free advice and towels and maps and shopping maps. Left our barcelona book there. But..No toilet paper. Luckily we were the only people there other wise the one shower and bathroom would have been a bummer. The one thing is a family lives here. Including a baby. Not a problem for us but just a heads up.

Staff were really helpful and friendly, there was a very nice atmosphere. Very near stop for Aerobus and Metro and only 10 min walk to Catalunia.

I stayed in Trauko's Home on my recent visit to Barcelona. Really liked it:great location-about 10mins walk from both Ramblas & Placa Espanya with a metro stop practically outside the door & on aerobus route.Rooms were basic but clean, with a spotless kitchen open to guests:but what was best of all was the atmosphere-so friendly-Hugo, the manager was a mine of local information & after a day or two it indeed felt as if I was staying in a friends home. I'll definitely return!

Hugo was a superb host extremely friendly and excellent local knowledge

thanks, we hope see you again

Went to see Barça play, worth it to have a quick break in Barcelona, recommended, good location, you have loads around shops restaurants cash machine Sunday market metro stop and town centre is 10 minutes walk away. Really friendly and helpful landlord, gave us a lift very early to the airport thank you, all an all a good stay :)

• 3rd May 2013
  • Hungary

Excellent place greatvalue for money great location. it was perfect. for twenty euros we had (me and the girl i was with) a masisve room a balcony two shared bathrooms and a shared kitchen. it was small as well only 3 other rooms in the flat so not crowded. stay here!!!

• 30th Apr 2013

The owner is very nice and helpful. He speaks good English and provides the information about the city. The place is clean, kitchen is very well equipped, the bathroom is ok. Locations is good.

The one thing that would have helped my stay would have been a clearer sign outside the hostel, rather than just the name on the buzzer beside the door. Or at least make a plate for the buzzer that incorporates colors or a logo or something a little more eye catching.

One of the bathrooms had just water extremely hot and if you opened the cold water, the water tap is what opened (weird). The other bathroom didn't have lock for the shower, just for the toilet, so you have little privacy. Despite these problems, it was a good time there. It is good for spend a couple days.