Good 1,407 Total Reviews
Good 1,407 Total Reviews
Travel Hostel Amsterdam Located at Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam Noord-Holland 1012 JV Beursstraat 23, 1012JV
63% 1407
52.3749310 4.8968982
    Rooms available

• ellenfarmer
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
19th Jul 2016

Good hostel but very little atmosphere - maybe there could be events arranged to get people out and chatting? Location is great and staff were great as well.

• Malaysia, Male, 25-30
14th Jul 2016
4.9

The heater system was down for the building for 2 days until the day I left. The staff were not so helpful. The toilet was dirty and most of all, i didn't feel secure in the hostel as well as my belongings as the security system of the hostel is not so good, I saw some guests just brought their friends into the hostel without asking for permission.

14th Jul 2016
7.4

The hostal is on an great location but is not so clean rooms has strange smells

• louierowl
  • England, Male, 18-24
13th Jul 2016
4.3

Staff were very rude. No wifi in the room, had to try and connect to a cafe over the road. Ridiculous check out time and policy. Limited security. Would not stay here again, or pay to stay here.

• England, Female, 25-30
11th Jul 2016

Great location and easy to find. Staff were helpful and even offered to change me rooms as a solo female. Lots of people would hang out in the bar area day and night so a decent atmosphere.

• England, Couple, 18-24
7th Jul 2016
5.4

Very basic accommodation, yet quite expensive by European Standards for a dorm. Roasting hot in the summer so we barely slept. Ended up going for 5am walk coz we couldn't bare the dorm any longer. Glad we were only there 1 night.

• England, Male, 18-24
6th Jul 2016
8.0

Bog standard dorm, very sweaty due to only one window in the far corner. Right next to the centre which is ideal for coming home after a night out!

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
2nd Jul 2016
6.3

The BELLS. THE BELLS!!!! Seriously, this place is right beside a church that will have bells going every 15 minutes from the crack of dawn. Bring ear plugs and you should be just about ok. This is generally good advice for a hostel anyways. Lady at check makes you feel like you interrupted her 20 year sleep so I pretended not to know about the 3 night minimum weekend booking and she also doesn't seem to know about it ;)

30th Jun 2016
5.7

I stayed a night and was returning in 2 days so I asked to book a private room and paid in full. Upon my return I was told "I chose the wrong day. It was the following day" "Had I arrived a couple hours earlier they could fit me in but now I was too late." Very poor customer service. I was tired and left scrambling to find another place to stay. No apology, empathy, NOTHING. WASNT HAPPY AFTER THAT EXPERIENCE!

29th Jun 2016
6.6

Very well located hostel, though check your bank account before your staying, because they charge you in advance the first night in case you don't show up but never notice you. I was charged a complete night and I looked at my bank account and saw the charge made by the Hostel, so I emailed them and they told me that I could use that money on my favor and pay just the difference at my arrival, but it wasn't like that. The guy in the front desk told me that he had no control over that situation.