Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Not a good stay! The staff was not helpful and would not let us cancel our second night. Each staff member told us a different policy regarding cancellations. Their sign said 24 hours but they insisted it was 48. Then the next day they said it was 24 hours but needed to be by phone exclusively. They told us the room would be ready at 2 and when we walked in it was still a giant dump with trash and sheets everywhere! Could barely even walk up the stairs because of laundry bags. Good location tho

Customer service skills need improving. Was sworn at by the clerk for asking for another key since I'd left mine in the room.

Great hostel, staff was friendly and helpfull. I stayed in mixed shared room for 4 people, beds were comfortable, shower and toilets were clean. I have stayed in many differend hotels and this one was one of the good ones, not 5 star hotel but I didn't expect that either. I had really bad luck with my "roomates" in the room, they were smoking inside and didn't care about "common rules", staff tried to help which I appreciate a lot. Good hostel, bad people (not the hostels fault!)

Great location!! Abit dirty but wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Has the best showers in the world!!!!

I wasn't expecting much after reading a few bad reviews saying that the hostel was dirty. But It turned out to be a great stay! The hostel was clean, neat and in good condition. I would defenitely recommend this hostel to others. Great price and location too. Only minus point: Some of the staff members are very rude and impolite.

Good bath, but the door of the shower was broken and it let all the bathroom wet. Good bads and lockers. There's no lift and really steep steps to the 4th floor. The wifi doesn't works in the room, at least no in the 4th floor. But really well located and there's a nice bar at the reception.

good location

• 7th May 2015
  • Turkey

Cheap Hostel, good for students. :)

• 5th May 2015

Guys, thanks for everything, I had fun and I finally could rest, I might stay there again soon. Thanks for the awesome hot chocolate and toast! Haha Have a good week.

People were up in morning and no did anything to stop the noise.

I can understand why there are so many people saying is so dirty, and so many people saying it's ok. The first two days i spent in a room on the first floor, with a bathroom super dirty, and not just because of the other travelers. You can see that there's not much care for cleanliness aroun that hostel. The third day they changed me to another room, much better, much cleaner, but still, not that clean. The corridors were disgustinly dirty every single day.

Some of the staff at this hostel were fine but some were really quite rude, and we were almost afraid to ask them questions because of it. Our room was incredibly dirty, it hadn't been cleaned, and only one of the four empty beds had been made, and we checked in at 6pm. When we told them that the beds weren't made and the room was dirty, they gave us clean sheets and said to do it ourselves. They advertise wifi in the hostel but the wifi only works in the bar downstairs and not in the rooms.

The room was completly dirty.

I was there just for one night. Everything perfect. The receptionist was very kind and helpful. I was lucky with the guys I met in the room I shared. Nice atmosphere. Solo estuve por una noche. Todo muy bien. La recepcionista muy amable y simpatica. Tuve suerte con la gente que me tocó compartir habitación. Buen ambiente.

The only good thing is the location. The worst hostel I have ever had.The staffs are unfriendly. The room is very small and bad smell. Floor is dirty. Bathroom seemed like never be clean and flooding. Very bad. Will never stay again.

Very basic, no wifi on top floor, clean and good location. Good if you just need somewhere to sleep.

Tiny little room for 8 beds...really really small ! Few bathrooms No Breakfeast, no wifi in the room No kitchen It´s very close to A. Centraal

Overall I had a blast at this hostel, amazing location, minutes from coffee shops, debit machines, food, and the red light district. The Atmosphere was perfect for a younger crowd 18-30. The hostel was really dirty and the stairs were crazy steep. But if you are just there to have a good time then you really don't worry about these things. The bar on the main floor is a perfect way to meet people.

• 31st Mar 2015

Really, I only booked this HOSTEL because there was nothing left in Amsterdam. The management just doesn't care about the place. They keep asking ridiculous high prices for a dirty smelly place in bad conditions. Some of the employees can be nice and helpful if you are lucky enough to come over them, but I do suggest people to AVOID this place.

Great location, and a decent bar (cheap). However, the staff were not friendly or interested in the customers. Whilst functional, the hostel gave off a negative vibe. No wifi in rooms, and not enough sockets. No locks on lockers, unless you bring your own padlock (and even then, the lockers can easily be forced open).

• 24th Mar 2015