Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel is not really clean. I had crazy flatmates and a lot of fun with them but I think that's just luck. The hostel is really central and it takes about 5min from the Amsterdam Centraal to the hostel. The toilet and the shower weren't really clean but I didn't felt disgusted. I had a good stay there. People who need more service should look for a better hostel or hotels but most of them are really expensive.

The location of the hosel was perfect! just a few minutes walk from a lot of bars, pubs and restaurants. But the cleaning wasn't satisfatory, and the lockes to small to fit all the luggage. The staff was always ready to give informations from turistic points with a smile.

Nice hostel with a good atmosphere, staff a bit rude but makes no difference

Great location although the room we had was extremely hot at times (due to the very small window). Everything was very basic and standard, but that's what we expected for the price. We spent most of our time exploring Amsterdam so this was very useful at just being a place to base ourselves from. Would definitely recommend the hostel due to the location although would always advice everyone that the hostel is very basic. Would also highly recommend getting an I am Amsterdam city card.

• 13th Aug 2015

it' s necessary to have a luggage room. I hope Travel Hotel will get it early .

The staff was wonderful! There was an issue with our booking and the receptionist went out of her way to help us!! The rooms were clean, but hot and loud. This was to be expected though, because it is a great location, just a 5 minute walk from the main square.

Are shower was broken and we had to buy a lock to store are items other than that everything was great and would go again

• 7th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Horrible tiny four bed dorm, was so hot we couldn't even be in there for any time after 7/8am, would wake up sweaty and tired. Tiny window that hardly opened was useless. There was no space in the room whatsoever. Showers were weak pressure. Toilets often dirty needed to be cleaned more than once in the morning. Common area was dark and dingy, have to pay for pool table and although they have a 24hr bar, you don't want to be drinking in that cave anyway. Only good thing was the location.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

ridiculously good location and cheap and cheerful tonboot

The servici would have been better if they had done to leave the bags inside di hostel after check-out...

• 4th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The only good thing about this hostel is the location, it 's just 5 min walking away from red light district. The lockers in the room was so small that I had difficult in putting my backpack, also it was possible to open the locker without using the key! (very low security) The whole room and the bathroom wasn't clean at all, i was able to see the dust next to my bed while i was lying. The room size wasn't enough for 8 people. If you'll stay in Amsterdam for more than 1day, don't stay here!

Had to move rooms after one night which sucked. Good hostel if all you want is a place to crash, if you want to meet people or feel welcome this isn't the place.

The bathrooms could be a little bit cleaner. But I understand it because you have many guests.

Location of the hostel is exellent but I wouln't recomended. It is very noisy, I couln't sleep the first two days and had to change to a quiet hotel. The doors slam all night and through the walls,you can hear everything . The nearby Church arouses a rudely from sleep,early in the morning . The shower was broken , but clean .

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

This was the worst place I´ve ever stayed. Everything was dirty or/and very old. My sheets had stains, the lockers and the bathrooms where unclean. The lockers only worked with very small padlocks, which of course they sell for 5 euros each. Too much money spent on a place so unwelcoming.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

Fantastic location, most of the staff were Fantastic. Wasn't the ritz but was a great place to sleep and any questions we had were answered by staff

• 28th Jul 2015

Location is perfect, right beside Dam Square, we stayed in a big group so didn't get to know many other guests. The facilities were decent but the rooms were very warm and there was only one fan in a 10-man dorm and no air con! Overall enjoyed our stay however

Room was so small, narrow and humid, no fresh air. Staff was busy and not really helpful!

Very small rooms. no room to put your stuff. no wireless in rooms. low ceiling for bunk beds. no air in small rooms.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

The only good thing about this hostel is its location, but it's not cleaned often, no elevator, one power socket for 8 people in the room, and the few times I asked the staff for tips and directions they said they didn't know. Not very helpful nor willing to be. There's no kitchen whatsoever, only a lonely bar downstairs. Wi-Fi only works in reception area.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5