Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Had to change rooms 2 times, that's to much for a 5 day stay!!

• 9th Apr 2014

Great location and price for where it is situated, however there was a mouse in our room which is very off putting and makes me question the cleanliness of the Hotel. Also, they did not allow me to store my luggage after I checked out, the staff told me I could leave it in the bar under the pool table but they took no responsibilities if anything got stolen.

The lock of toliet on the ground floor is not working well. I almost can't open the door again. Be careful guy. A woman staff is very rude and not helpful but a chinese staff who works overnight is nice. Overall, it is cheap (10 euro per night) so I think it fulfills my basic need.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Overall the hostel was quite poor. The room was far too small for a four dorm room and it was not particularly clean. The only perk in the room was the television and the stations went on the third day. The bathroom was communal for the floor and it was nearly always dirty and usually had no tissue. The shower was also dirty and when I used it there was a filthy towel on the ground with some sort of excrement on it.The staff were not friendly or welcoming. The only perk was it's central location

• 22nd Mar 2014

This hostel was disgusting, The staff were unhelpful and grumpy. On the second night a homeless dude managed to sneak into our room and slept in one of the spare beds and smelt disgusting! There wasn't anywhere to hang out apart from in the bar downstairs. Wifi only worked downstairs. This was the worst hostel of our whole Europe trip. It was in a good location though so Ill give them that....

They double booked us, so the party of three i was with got put in a 4-person room instead of a 6-person, which was obviously a good thing. Bathrooms are very limited, as there seemed to be only a single toilet for 3 floors. If you can get a room with a shower, I would suggest it.

• 27th Feb 2014

the younger woman from reception desk was very friendly and eager to help, unlike her elder counterpart from which we had to extract information. also i had to leave a collateral of 10EUR for just one key at check-in (by the elder woman), and at check-out i was given back only 5EUR, the reason apparently is that she held money for 2 keys, not one...

This hostel has a very good location, in center of the city but other parts regarding to the cleanliness and safety are not very delightful: very small bathrooms and room, linens are not very clean but it was a nice time spended in Netherlands.

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Romania

Hostel good at city tour.

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Greece

Its a Ok Hostel, nothing special.

Very nice people at the reception. Internet only at the Bar. I recommend this hostel. there is a good coffee shop near the Hostel.

Great location, rooms were extremely small.

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Singapore

The hostel is very central and near to train station, tram and red light district... Very nice location! The Rooms are quite clean. The bathroom in the room is small. I get a collective mixed room, and showers don't have place to put your shamppo and stuff.. as curtains don't close well, even your clothes get wet. there is no much points in the Rooms tomcharge batteries.

Great location just off the corner or dam square lots of bars an restraunts nearby Aswell as the red light district an canal cruises! Within walking distance from many tourist attractions

Nice location,next to central Damrak street. But non-availability of elevators for such a high building was negative side. During my 2 nights there I met 5 reseptionists, only 2of them were so helpful and smily. U can feel their deepheart smile and positiveness when they helped. Other 3 ones: I didnot want to ask anything from them. Bcs, they were sitting at the desk with such a face that we do not pay anything here, and something like they are the bosses. In the rooms thre is no internet :(

There is no internet in the rooms, just in the bar of the hostel. The bathrooms are dirty. I stayed in the 5th floor, no elevator and the ladder was dangerous.

Great location. The guy who was at the reception was very friendly. The biggest minus was about not hsvibg internet upstairs.

I felt very unsafe here, my roommates were disgusting and disrespectful. The wifi seldom worked and there was no left luggage, I was told "just leave it under the pool table and hope it doesn't get stolen". Rooms were cold and I was provided with a thin blanket and sheet for warmth, which is pathetic in a room with no heating in Winter. Pay the extra money for a better place...

• 2nd Dec 2013

Very good hostel. The staff is very helpful and polite. They speak English, Italian, Spanish and French. The rooms are very clean and have lost of space, the lockers are big but narrow. So i couldnt fit my bag inside. The location in PERFECT, just 5 minutes from the central station, 5 minutes from the Red Light District and the main square as well. I recommend this place to everyone!!

The hostel was dirty and the rooms were stinky with 10 people in a small room. I didn't like the hostel. However the staff was helpful.