Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

wifi is only available at ground floor. Everything is great Near to centraal station and the dam square and red light district

Worst hostel ever. The bathroom and toilet were filthy. Only one shower and one toilet for whole floor. The sonk in the bedroom was broken. We stayed on the fifth floor with no elevator, so we had to carry our baggage for 5 floors. The internet is only available on the ground floor, not in the rooms. The bedroom window did not open enough. I had to help another customer who had been stolen because the receptionist could not understand a word in Italian.

• 12th Jan 2015

The hostel benefits from a very good location close to the central station and on the edge of the red light district meaning that it is a good base for a short stay. However, the rooms are extremely hot and there is only one plug per 8 people. It was also very noisy meaning the quality of sleep was very low. The internet provided did not work and the wifi was sporadic and only available in the bar area.

• 10th Jan 2015

Location is good but too small and staff attitude needs to improve

We were a group of six and spent three days there. None of those days the room or even the bathroom and the showers were cleaned. There was a cat walking on the tables in the pub. The staff didn't give us any information. And definitely the showers are the worst part. When I was reading about this hostel I saw some people saying that room, bathroom and sowers were really really small but I didn't realize how smal it was until go there. It terrible. The only good point is the location.

That place is, by far, the worst place where i have ever been, disgusting with the smallest room ever.

It was ok. Very near to de Centraal Station, wich is also a very good area of the city. The main problem was go to the 4th floor using the stairs, because there was no elevator at all at the hostel.

dirty and tiny toilet.

dirty toilet. nice location.

Even though I was the first one to check into the room I was staying in, I didn't get a choice in bed, I was automatically assigned the top bunk. My room was on the 5th floor, and there weren't any elevators so I had to haul my belongings up stairs, not to mention the stairs are very steep and small. The room was beyond depressing and the bathrooms were gross. The room was basic, grey and small. There's only one bathroom for the whole floor and after seeing the toilet room I didn't even shower.

In the 4th & 5th floor we don't have wifi.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Vietnam

Our room had bedbugs. We were moved to a less nice room and were not compensated. The staff were rude.

• 14th Dec 2014

Five flights of stairs with no lift, only one shower per floor, internet went down for hours at a time. Person on the desk was overworked and didn't have time to help.

• 11th Dec 2014

Perfect location but horrible small rooms i would recommend it to someone who's not willing to pay lots of money for shelter like us.

Great price, great location, basic and suited our needs perfectly for a short stay mid week. Free to use computers, well priced bar and plenty of information on what to do in amsterdam (even more than the tourist office). Steps are steep but we weren't too far up and only had small luggage to carry so it wasn't an issue. But bare in mind if you book and have a lot of luggage. For what I paid to stay mid week it was extremely good value for money

• 3rd Dec 2014

This hostel was OK. It was not a far walk from the Centraal train station, and it is close to most of the action. The room was OK, but that is Amsterdam for you. The lady working at night could smile more, I mean really! The wifi only worked in the common area and first floor, and no breakfast was included (not a big deal), but the price was quite good, so value matters. Not the best place, but not terrible either.

good value for money would definitely stay again in our own room just for comfort

• 20th Nov 2014

For such a low price, was incredibly happy with this hostel. The only downsides were that the ensuite toilet needed (and didn't get) a clean the whole time we were there and that 2 members of staff were incredibly rude when I came to collect my belongings and check out. But would book again.

First, they were very confusing by phone, one if us as to pay more than what they first tell us... The dormitory was unpleasant, the only window was hidden by a double bed; on the first floor the dormitory is next to the bar, forget abt calm. Staff is ok, open 24h. Good situation. But still, don't go there !

5 flights of INCREDIBLY STEEP AND WINDY stairs- do not book if you have issues walking up and down stairs and be warned they are not normal stairs. NO WIFI IN ROOMS!! Only lobby- which if you're on the 5th floor isn't very easy to get to. Rooms are sooooo small and there was only two electrical outlets- both of them very high up on the wall so you have nowhere to put your phone while it charges. Overall- I would not stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3