Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel has a excellent location, but just this. It's a bad hostel, the woman of reception woke us at midnight for ask about other bed empty in the same room. I don't know why. Bad reception, it's a big problem there. I never will say for other people stay there.

• 21st Jul 2014

Too hot, unclean, you get high just by smelling the air, shower door not working, unisex dorms with a big age fan, quite expensive, didnt get back deposit, no internet in rooms, only lobby. But exellent location.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Finland

The place is really nice, me and my friends could have a great time in there. We had some problems with the beds and the staff had to remove our things from the beds, but everything was perfectly arranged when we got back in the evening.

Terrible staff especially the woman at reception. Way too warm in room and not enough space. Tacky overall.

• 16th Jul 2014

The bathroom and toilet are too small.

The lock at my bathroom door was broken.

Please don't stay here! The woman working there was rude and mean she almost had me in tears. I had a bed in an 8 bed dorm, I stay in hostels all the time but this room was tiny and damp from the soaking bathroom. Someone was using my bed so when I came down to say she swore at me and then gave me sheets and told me to dump the things on the floor and remake the bed while wishing me luck because it was the "party room". the whole experience was miserable, please choose another hostel!

I ended up not staying the night in Amsterdam so I didn't sleep here but the place was pretty gross and I was put in a room (a girl) with one other guy and I felt really uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend staying here but overall Amsterdam has pretty terrible hostels.

Staff had a fight, right in front of customers, the rooms were over 30 degrees even though if was warm outside they still had the heating on, rooms were to cramped, stairs was terrible, needs a lift, 1 shower and toilet per floor is woeful.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Situation was great but the rooms were so tiny that you could not even fit your backpack anywhere. In the morning all the toilets in last floors ran out of toilet paper. But it's Amsterdam and one of the cheapest hostels around so you can't expect it to be great

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Finland

complication with our reservation, booked three beds in one room but only got 2. Had to figure everything out in the middle of the night. facilities were super small, almost couldn't move in the shower(and I am a tiny person!), everything pretty dirty in the room. Way too expensive for what we got!!!

• 1st Jul 2014

Great location though the staff were slow and not very informative.

You can't beat the location, period. The price isn't bad either, particularly mid week. It's a hostel, not fancy, with travellers arriving at all hours. You NEED to keep the window open to avoid heat stroke!!! Oude Kirk & De Wallen are right outside, take ear plugs if noise bothers you. The rooms are walk up via narrow staircases, up to 5 floors high - be aware if you're not up to it. With the exception of the Kiwi lady, the front desk staff are a bit hopeless. I personally would return.

Wonderful location. It's not by any means cheap but for Amsterdam it did not seem too bad. Ideal for people who just need somewhere to sleep and get out and about!

• 24th Jun 2014

VERY CONFORTABLE, I SUGGEST!!

No complaints here. This place was pretty good. No wifi in the rooms was a bit annoying. Apart from that, the location is great, the staff are helpful and you can get a decent sleep

Great location right in the heart of Amsterdam however very very cramped room with 5 bunk-beds making the room very stuffy which didn't help by having the bad ventilation on the showers located in the room as well. However if after fairly cheap and basic accommodation then is fine

Does not allow you to leave your bags after you check out. Place is dirty, staff unhelpful and facilities zero. They moved my (booked) room on the last night without telling me or explaining why, leaving all of my stuff in bags in the public bar. Horrifically cramped 8 bed dorm I found myself in was so hot it was impossible to sleep. Hike in room price at weekend is an absolute rip off. Also right next to a church that rings the bells to a jaunty tune every 15 minutes.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Had a really good time at this hostel. One negative comment though was we could only store our luggage there before checking into our room but not after we had checked out. This doesn't really make much sense and was quite inconvenient.

• 23rd Jun 2014

What I expected for central Amsterdam. Staff fairly rude, didn't seem bothered by us the paying guests. Rooms tiny, rooms far too hot, too cramped. Was on the 5th floor so was a long walk to the top... Hostel feels dirty, certain "coffee shop" smell you can't escape from. Lack of atmosphere, even during world cup games! Bar at hostel not too overpriced. Very expensive for what you get.

« first « Prev 1 2 3