Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Get what you would expect

• 24th Mar 2015

One of Amsterdam's hostel with the lowest room rates(during weekdays). Excellent location as it is in 5 mins walking distance from the main station. Very clean hostel which has an own bar downstairs. Some factors which should be taken into account: Very small rooms, serve pretty much only to go sleeping there. Steep stairway (not uncommon in Amsterdam) but considering that my room was on the 5th floor and no elevator there it was a small workout ;-) All in all: Very good value for money!

This hotel is one of the middle standart hotel in Amsterdam city center. It is almost near all the popular places. Rooms are quite clean and usefull. I advice to stay to all the people who stay at Amsterdam for a few days. There is no breakfast service but there is a snack and drink machine at the entrance. The staffs are helpful and hospitable. The prices are also quite cheep for such this city.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Refused to hold my bag after check out even though they held another groups before their check in... For over 30€ a night in a dorm I expect to have free luggage storage. But great location.

Went in with low expectations based on other reviews but it surprised me and I would stay there again. Not great to look at, but it's a bed for a good price, in a good location.

• 21st Feb 2015

The hotel was basic but was exactly what we required for a group booking. It was clean and had working showers in each room. The location was great, right where we wanted to be and 2 mins walk from the station.

• 20th Feb 2015

Don't stay here!! The staff were unhelpful and blunt, offered no suggestion or attempted to help when needed. The room smelt of cigarettes and the showers were in cupboards with broken doors so water leaked everywhere. My partner and I were glad we got out of there after two nights. Never staying here again.

• 12th Feb 2015

I got a bed in the 5th floor, no elevator. The room was dirty and smelly. The bathroom is too small and also very dirty

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Decent enough hostel for the money. We were two young guys needing a place to stay for a weekend away, and it provided just about that. Room was small and oddly shaped, one toilet/shower per floor. We were on the fifth floor, no elevator was a pain. Also lockers in rooms but they didn't lock so security was poor. All in all no major upsets caused but would shop around next time for another hostel.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Scotland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

wifi is only available at ground floor. Everything is great Near to centraal station and the dam square and red light district

Worst hostel ever. The bathroom and toilet were filthy. Only one shower and one toilet for whole floor. The sonk in the bedroom was broken. We stayed on the fifth floor with no elevator, so we had to carry our baggage for 5 floors. The internet is only available on the ground floor, not in the rooms. The bedroom window did not open enough. I had to help another customer who had been stolen because the receptionist could not understand a word in Italian.

• 12th Jan 2015

The hostel benefits from a very good location close to the central station and on the edge of the red light district meaning that it is a good base for a short stay. However, the rooms are extremely hot and there is only one plug per 8 people. It was also very noisy meaning the quality of sleep was very low. The internet provided did not work and the wifi was sporadic and only available in the bar area.

• 10th Jan 2015

Location is good but too small and staff attitude needs to improve

We were a group of six and spent three days there. None of those days the room or even the bathroom and the showers were cleaned. There was a cat walking on the tables in the pub. The staff didn't give us any information. And definitely the showers are the worst part. When I was reading about this hostel I saw some people saying that room, bathroom and sowers were really really small but I didn't realize how smal it was until go there. It terrible. The only good point is the location.

That place is, by far, the worst place where i have ever been, disgusting with the smallest room ever.

It was ok. Very near to de Centraal Station, wich is also a very good area of the city. The main problem was go to the 4th floor using the stairs, because there was no elevator at all at the hostel.

dirty and tiny toilet.

dirty toilet. nice location.

Even though I was the first one to check into the room I was staying in, I didn't get a choice in bed, I was automatically assigned the top bunk. My room was on the 5th floor, and there weren't any elevators so I had to haul my belongings up stairs, not to mention the stairs are very steep and small. The room was beyond depressing and the bathrooms were gross. The room was basic, grey and small. There's only one bathroom for the whole floor and after seeing the toilet room I didn't even shower.

In the 4th & 5th floor we don't have wifi.

• 15th Dec 2014