Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Perfect location but horrible small rooms i would recommend it to someone who's not willing to pay lots of money for shelter like us.

Great price, great location, basic and suited our needs perfectly for a short stay mid week. Free to use computers, well priced bar and plenty of information on what to do in amsterdam (even more than the tourist office). Steps are steep but we weren't too far up and only had small luggage to carry so it wasn't an issue. But bare in mind if you book and have a lot of luggage. For what I paid to stay mid week it was extremely good value for money

• 3rd Dec 2014

This hostel was OK. It was not a far walk from the Centraal train station, and it is close to most of the action. The room was OK, but that is Amsterdam for you. The lady working at night could smile more, I mean really! The wifi only worked in the common area and first floor, and no breakfast was included (not a big deal), but the price was quite good, so value matters. Not the best place, but not terrible either.

good value for money would definitely stay again in our own room just for comfort

• 20th Nov 2014

For such a low price, was incredibly happy with this hostel. The only downsides were that the ensuite toilet needed (and didn't get) a clean the whole time we were there and that 2 members of staff were incredibly rude when I came to collect my belongings and check out. But would book again.

First, they were very confusing by phone, one if us as to pay more than what they first tell us... The dormitory was unpleasant, the only window was hidden by a double bed; on the first floor the dormitory is next to the bar, forget abt calm. Staff is ok, open 24h. Good situation. But still, don't go there !

5 flights of INCREDIBLY STEEP AND WINDY stairs- do not book if you have issues walking up and down stairs and be warned they are not normal stairs. NO WIFI IN ROOMS!! Only lobby- which if you're on the 5th floor isn't very easy to get to. Rooms are sooooo small and there was only two electrical outlets- both of them very high up on the wall so you have nowhere to put your phone while it charges. Overall- I would not stay here again.

Considering the very low price you pay, this hostel exceeding my expectations. The bathrooms are more than suitable, everything is as clean as can be. Concierge are very laid back, which is what we were after, so good for us. They don't get too involved. Wifi at the bar was also a bonus. In general everything was really good, and cannot complain. However just a warning, don't purchase anything from the bar, we bought hot chocolates one night and all of us threw up pretty much instantly haha.

• 11th Nov 2014

My room smelled TERRIBLE. Fairly certain one of the beds had been peed on in the past and never leaned or replaced.

• 1st Nov 2014

This hostel has a great location, but just this. I stay in hostels all the time and this is the worst. The woman of reception is not cordial. The building has not elevator. We had to use the stairs, and they are dangerous (too small). The bathroom never be clean. I don't recommend this hostel. I think is preferable chose another, even if you have to walk more.

Very well located with a walkibg distance to the main attractions. The rooms were clean and confortable. There is some noise at night because it's close to coffeshops and the carhedral. There is no wiifi in sone rooms on the upper part of the buildiing and the really bad thing was that they don't let you use the lugagge room for checkouts so we have to go to central atation and we paid between 5 to 8 eur for the day. The bar is very empty but it's handy to meet and organize the day

The Travel Hotel was in the heart of the Red Light District, which was fun, but the staff was rude and unfriendly. The bathrooms and facilities were almost too small to use, the sheets left you feeling greasy and dirtier than when you fell asleep in them, and the beds were rickety. The "hang out area" was sad, not very clean, and the whole place had an unmotivated and depressed air to it. I would not suggest staying here.

• 27th Oct 2014

This hostel was better than I have expected... It is very well located and the value for money was excellent! The only problem was that the internet wasn't working in my bedroom, but it wasn't a problem for me. Definitely I would be there again if I go back to Amsterdam!

Staff were great bar Rose, she was rude and seemed unhappy. One of my friends were on the phone to someone and she started to shout at them. Hostel was great, bar was great. Stairs were a nightmare but you get used to them. Hostel was cleaned everyday and we were given clean towels too. Excellent location as well. I would definitely stop here again. Rooms were small but you get what you pay for.

• 17th Oct 2014

The first thing we found when we went in to our room (10 beds) was garbage under the "clean" sheets so we were already off to a bad start. Later on when we returned to our room there was a guy smoking inside (which is prohibited) and when we went to tell the lady at the frontdesk she was absolutely rude and told us 'what do you want me to do? call the police?'. 5 minutes later she came into the room and put up a little piece of paper (4"x8") on which was written 'no smoking!... '

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

Even though the common area was a bar, it was very dead, no music or socialising. Dorm room was very very cramped, they could probably take out one bunk to make some space. It was good for the price, located right near the main train station and easy enough to get around.

I stayed with 5 friends at an 8 person room. It was pretty tight. The bar/lobby downstairs is pretty small. The location is amazing and all things considered it was a good value for our money. We had a bathroom inside the room, beds were good, and it felt pretty clean. Our room had a window to the street and we kept hearing loud sound of bells from a nearby church - pretty annoying cause it felt like it came in random times of the day.

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Israel

This was my second hostel in Brussels and I must say, it was very clean and the staff was super helpful. I had to get a document to my family abroad, and the attendant helped me in any way possible. Very grateful to them. Also, the breakfast deal that comes with it is great!

In spite of the negative comments written so far, Travel Hotel fulfilled our expectations. Staff was fine and helped us when in needed. C'mon guys this is one of the cheapest hostel in Red Light District.. I'd like to recommend the hostel for young folks. This is Amsterdam you shouldn't complain about the hostel's cleanliness and staff's debonairness, cause there is an another world out there you have never seen before. Enjoy Amsterdam

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

no wifi over the hotel, just in reception. in hot days you need more air in a room

• 18th Sep 2014