Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Its the last time we ever gonna stay at that hostel. They still havent give me my depositum back!!!!!

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Denmark

no kitchen. extremely hot in the rooms but was also a heatwave. staff was helpul when we wanted to go the beach. right by the red ligt district

A little patience and human kindness goes a long way. Unfortunately, even from the greeting, it seemed the staff was overwhelmed and struggled to make the atmosphere welcoming. The location is the best thing about the hostel, but I would recommend finding another place, even if it means paying slightly more.

• 30th Jun 2015

Location is great because of its proximity to Amsterdam's grand central but because it's so close it also presents a problem, you won't get any peace or silence until past 3am as the hostel is located on a busy street where there's a lot activity. I can see why people have rated the staff poorly because there's one lady who can be rude for no apparent reason but besides her everyone else there were friendly. Rooms are packed tight, restroom/bath are also small.

Location is amazing! But that's the only good thing about it. The room had no air con just one tiny fan. It was so stuffy we felt like we were suffocating! Atmosphere was so bad there was a guy having 'good time' in the hallway and the receptionist had the nerve to tell us to go and stop it! But the common room and bar was ok. Would not recommend unless you're not traveling in the summer and you just want somewhere to sleep

• 29th Jun 2015

Location is good, the rest.....is the worst.

Overall had a good time staying here. Didn't stay in the room much as its in the middle of town and easy to get anywhere you would want to be in Amsterdam

Rooms way too small. Too hot in rooms. Ants crawling through the windows. Shower room too small. No lift. Steep stairs.

• 29th Jun 2015

terrible hostel !! don't go my friends really the corean stuff is stupid the treated me really bad the rooms was dirty they even had badbugs in the bed !!! i would not recommend to my worst enemy !!!

• 24th Jun 2015

The rooms are far to small. Too many bunk beds. More space please.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Generally the place is clean and centrally located but the fact that there's no luggage keeping after your stay and there is luggage keeping before you stay gives you the feeling that you are an on goer customer and once you have paid your money. the place dosen't care about you anymore. In other words, once you get Travel Hostel you can leave your luggage in a storage room but when you leave, if your flight is, let's say, in the afternoon, you will have to carry your luggage with you.

Travel hotel was nice for location in Amsterdam, Cleaning normal. wifi is poor even doesn't work in room.

Standard hostel, very good location within walking distance of most things. Staff could be a bit more organised though.

• 16th Jun 2015

The hostel is clean, and it's great location, easy to find. It's recommended for you!!!!!

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Indonesia

Great location, walking distance to eveything. Terrible staff. Won't keep luggage after check out but we just put ours in lockers in the hall and came back. Not a very social hostel. Dorms didn't have many plug sockets. Stayed three nights and sheets never got changed once but over all clean ish hostel, ideal location for a few days!

I don't know why people give such negative reviews. It was a great value for the money and the location is superb. There was nothing wrong with my stay and the staff was fine. I would definitely recommend this hostel to people needing a few night stay in Amsterdam. It was clean and because of the price, most people are younger and therefore friendly. Overall a good experience and I see myself staying there again.

Perfect location. Facilities were pretty good. The bathroom had a bad smell and rarely had soap...

Worst hostel I've ever stayed at. Been travelling Europe for a year and this hostel by far is the most disappointing. The rudest night staff! The room we slept in (14 bed) is at a temperature of about 40 degrees! It's boiling! You won't get any sleep. There is one shower and one toilet for the whole hostel. The toilet did not have any toilet paper at any stage of our stay- and the shower sucks- had dirty towels and underwear left on the floor.

• 9th Jun 2015

I stayed at dormitory for 2 days with my friends, the room was too small. I think it is enough for 4 persons, but 6 people use a small room! There is no elevator and stairs are so narrow, even it has not enough space for 2 persons. It was horrible to go up with my big luggage. I think it could be dangerous. The staffs are not bad but not kind. We can use wifi only at lobby, but sometimes lobby was so crowded, there was no space for us. The only thing it's good is location.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

The staff seemed to be quite fed up with their work, no smiles ever. Bathroom were at least in our floor renovated and clean, but they seemed to save in putting the toilet paper in there. Small rooms, but OK beds. It was hot so the window had to be open all the time. There is WiFi only in reception but there is a computer to use in the bar.

• 3rd Jun 2015