Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The only good thing about this hostel is its location, but it's not cleaned often, no elevator, one power socket for 8 people in the room, and the few times I asked the staff for tips and directions they said they didn't know. Not very helpful nor willing to be. There's no kitchen whatsoever, only a lonely bar downstairs. Wi-Fi only works in reception area.

The staff was pretty cold and didn't allow usage of their phone. Our trash bin in our restroom was overflowing for the entire time I was there and the stairs were leaking water. Personal lockers in the room didn't work either. Wifi only works in lobby downstairs and not enough outlets in the room (could be easily fixed with adding adaptors). But there were a lot of friendly travellers there and I had a good stay there.

The hostel was good, i just wish we were notified that the bar was not in service anymore. There wasn't even a common area (besides the kitchen which was very small. If you are only staying for a few days, and not looking to make many friends, then this is a great location. The room's are clean and the location is great if you want to explore the old city. We had a private bathroom, the water pressure was amazing and it was super clean.

Definitely not a nice hostel. The staff barely say hello and the bathrooms are really dirty. Remember to bring a locker, because once you check out, they won't keep your luggages even for a couple of hours.

• 21st Jul 2015

ONLY TWO outlets in a room with ten people. WiFi only works on first floor and it sucks. Otherwise room was decent but cramped. Kind of clean, not disgusting. Lockers are too small for backpackers with large packs. Good location.

The staff could be more helpfull since the hostel doesn't have place to store luggage, nor kitcken o proper bathroom facilities acording to the quantity of guests. The downstairs bar is good, but is the only place in the whole building with wifi, no internet conexion is accesible from the rooms or anywhere else.

The location was amazing !The toilets were gross and shower was never clean . The lady at reception was constantly yelling at everyone and saying how much she hated her job and her boss. It was clear she was on drugs . She was unfriendly and the worst worker I have ever seen the other workers were very nice exept the Indian man who was rude and nasty . The stairs are horrible I have sore legs from walking up 5 flights everyday. Needs elevator! Noisy hostel to say the least!

Excellent location, but amenities are lacking. Wifi only on ground floor, and even standing right next to the desk it constantly craps out. Weird system of having the desk people manually buzz you in instead of just scanning your card. Tall narrow stairs to get to rooms (and as a 6'2" guy I had to duck to get through the hallways). Room smelled terrible and was very noisy - no A/C so had to keep window open at night, and we were right next to a busy street. Good location, cheap, bad amenities

I had to change my room 3 times, that was the only big problem I had.

I love this place so much! I came on my own for 3 nights and I spent my last two nights here. It's very basic but clean. Right on the doorstep of amsterdam, 24 hour bar! Everyone is friendly and welcoming, ive made friends from all over the world. I'm going to miss amsterdam so bad and I am coming back!!! Thankyou!!!!!

• 15th Jul 2015

the location was amazing, it is becaus of this we felt they lacked the hospitality and cleanliness we expected for the money we paid. the sttaff were very stressed and the rooms where very small and hot. as I said the location was amazing, we couldn't have been more in the center.

I've stayed in a lot of hostels & I have to say, this is one of the worst. The location & clean sheets were literally the only good things. The staff were atrocious, rude, arrogant & extremely unhelpful. bathrooms were disgusting, smelling like mould & looked like they hadn't been cleaned properly in months. A friend staying in another room had his laptop stolen from his bag by someone with a false ID that had escaped staffs notice. Might be one of the cheaper, central places but not worth it.

We stayed on level 5 in a 4 bed dorm and the room was unbearably hot! the bathroom was clean and the lockers were fine, but you have to hire a padlock. The location is right in the centre, which I hated because as soon as you walk out the door there are people everywhere... The staff are awful and treat you like you are retarded.. I also extended my stay by 1 night to get a cheaper train the next day and the 8 bed dorm I was in was soo loud, over a Irish pub. Don't recommend

We was sold a padlock, how ever, the lockers didn't work! all of our room mates experienced the same in room 3007

• 7th Jul 2015

Severe bedbug issues that could have been handled better by the staff. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here.

Ok so it's not that bad. There is no wifi in the rooms and only one plug to be shared between 8 people, but the location is really good and I felt safe. The rooms are very small and the beds are close together, but if you don't scare easily then its fine. Im a solo female traveler and I felt ok. The stairs were a pain and the staff is uninterested, but it was clean and cheap.

Its the last time we ever gonna stay at that hostel. They still havent give me my depositum back!!!!!

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Denmark

no kitchen. extremely hot in the rooms but was also a heatwave. staff was helpul when we wanted to go the beach. right by the red ligt district

A little patience and human kindness goes a long way. Unfortunately, even from the greeting, it seemed the staff was overwhelmed and struggled to make the atmosphere welcoming. The location is the best thing about the hostel, but I would recommend finding another place, even if it means paying slightly more.

• 30th Jun 2015

Location is great because of its proximity to Amsterdam's grand central but because it's so close it also presents a problem, you won't get any peace or silence until past 3am as the hostel is located on a busy street where there's a lot activity. I can see why people have rated the staff poorly because there's one lady who can be rude for no apparent reason but besides her everyone else there were friendly. Rooms are packed tight, restroom/bath are also small.