Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Rooms were hot and small and bathrooms were tiny, quite unclean when I used them and there are not enough to accommodate the number of people staying. Sink in room was almost impossible to get at the right temperature when you wanted it and there weren't enough electrical outlets in the room. Stairs were insane and seemed pretty dangerous. No wifi in rooms was really annoying too. Staff were either silent or down

Find somewhere else to stay.

• 25th Jul 2014

While being in a prime location in Amsterdam relative to the Train Station and Red Light District, nothing else about this hostel is very excellent. The staff wasn't exactly hospitable and behaved in unprofessional ways. One lady is constantly on her phone, on skype, and acted like it was a bother for us to be there. Elsewhere, the rooms were hot, no elevator (though typical), the drain didn't work in our shower - ground was wet and moldy, wifi only reached ground floor. Would not recommend.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Way too expensive for what you receive. My quad dorm room was two bunk beds in a single room. Really close quarters with people I didn't know.

Location can't be beat, right next to all sorts of good stuff and Amsterdam Centraal. The rooms were ok, but the in suite shower smelled and I never used it. Staff was somewhat rude and impatient, but the 24 hour bar was nice.

This hostel has a excellent location, but just this. It's a bad hostel, the woman of reception woke us at midnight for ask about other bed empty in the same room. I don't know why. Bad reception, it's a big problem there. I never will say for other people stay there.

• 21st Jul 2014

Too hot, unclean, you get high just by smelling the air, shower door not working, unisex dorms with a big age fan, quite expensive, didnt get back deposit, no internet in rooms, only lobby. But exellent location.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Finland

The place is really nice, me and my friends could have a great time in there. We had some problems with the beds and the staff had to remove our things from the beds, but everything was perfectly arranged when we got back in the evening.

Terrible staff especially the woman at reception. Way too warm in room and not enough space. Tacky overall.

• 16th Jul 2014

It is a cheap hostel but it more like a hotel! My room have own bathroom is awesome!!! However, there is no any internet in our room. Very unconvienient! Location is perfect! Near to train station , red light district, famous place!! You can join a great night life near there!!

The bathroom and toilet are too small.

The lock at my bathroom door was broken.

Please don't stay here! The woman working there was rude and mean she almost had me in tears. I had a bed in an 8 bed dorm, I stay in hostels all the time but this room was tiny and damp from the soaking bathroom. Someone was using my bed so when I came down to say she swore at me and then gave me sheets and told me to dump the things on the floor and remake the bed while wishing me luck because it was the "party room". the whole experience was miserable, please choose another hostel!

I ended up not staying the night in Amsterdam so I didn't sleep here but the place was pretty gross and I was put in a room (a girl) with one other guy and I felt really uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend staying here but overall Amsterdam has pretty terrible hostels.

Staff had a fight, right in front of customers, the rooms were over 30 degrees even though if was warm outside they still had the heating on, rooms were to cramped, stairs was terrible, needs a lift, 1 shower and toilet per floor is woeful.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel at first sight is not the cleanest or most well kept but has a great atmosphere and location. Would recommend for people who want to have a lively time in Amsterdam as it is a great place to meet people and socialise.

Situation was great but the rooms were so tiny that you could not even fit your backpack anywhere. In the morning all the toilets in last floors ran out of toilet paper. But it's Amsterdam and one of the cheapest hostels around so you can't expect it to be great

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Finland

complication with our reservation, booked three beds in one room but only got 2. Had to figure everything out in the middle of the night. facilities were super small, almost couldn't move in the shower(and I am a tiny person!), everything pretty dirty in the room. Way too expensive for what we got!!!

• 1st Jul 2014

Great location though the staff were slow and not very informative.

Very close to the station and has a bar which is nice for socializing.