Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

no wifi over the hotel, just in reception. in hot days you need more air in a room

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

Dirty, cramped, and unsecure. This hostel is in a great location but that's about the only thing going for it. The bathrooms are limited, small, and often dirty, the rooms are incredibly cramped and dark, the showers flood, and most of the lockers are broken. Due to the broken lockers, my bag and clothes were stolen, along with others in my room. The hostel receptionist just threw up his hands when we talked to him about it. Not worth the money. Will not be going back.

Tiny bunk beds with no rails on the side. Friend fell off in the night from the top bunk. Incredibly hot rooms everyone found it difficult to sleep, staff didn't care when mentioned. Finally more expensive than any hostel I've been to (£165 for 4 nights) and by far the worst place.

• 12th Sep 2014

Easily the worst hostel ive ever been too.

• 5th Sep 2014

After check-out, they dont me let to leave my backpack.So you have to pay extra(5 euro) or going to station for lockers.It is really bad situation for backpackers.Our room was so dark and there are no fresh air inside.Showers are nice, location is good as well.

Travel Hotel is pretty much what you would expect for a budget accommodation in the very center of Amsterdam. While the location is outstanding, next to the train station, everything else is average at best, and I didn't really like that they don't do things such as allowing you to leave your luggage there for one or two hours if you need to. Don't get me wrong, for this price and in Amsterdam the place is ok, but that's because it's among the cheapest lodgings you can find there

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Good location especially for coming in from the central train station after a flight in, restaurants,cafés, bars nearby. Rooms were pretty tiny-stayed in a 6 bed dorm-not much personal room and up 4 steep flights of stairs! Did the trick for the first night but not very good value for money.

Travel hostel is near the station and near the center of amsterdam. the room in which we stayed was very small and the window didn't open so it was very hot. The shower was dirty and on during our staying they never clean the room.

• 11th Aug 2014

Right in the city centre, but facilities were right in the dorm room (which had but a very small window), which meant a tropical moisture night and day. Also, placing a large flatscreen in a room meant for sleeping while having only a very small TV in the bar area where everybody hangs out seems a rather stranger decision.

The staff it’s not very friendly, but they do all the things that we ask as long as we are checked in. Once you check out they dont keep your bags for one day and it is with a terrible mood that they let you print a single page for your flight ticket or let you use their pc... I recommend you to try another hostel for a better atmosphere. This price is alright, but you have to plan your moves

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

It was a really good place to stay. Absolutely agree to go back there.

Wrong directions given on internet. Staff were rude and very unfriendly. DO NOT book a 4 bed dorm - smallest room I have ever seen with 1 small window up high. Door would open and hit the bucks and had to be shut to fit between a small gap to get to the sink. Toilet never had toilet paper and the shower was tiny and water would go hot and cold. I think some of the bigger room were ok but I would not stay here again!

I had a great time in Amsterdam and the hostel was quite helpful , the location is excellent. Good facilities and clean bedrooms.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Bedroom has 8 beds in a very small space, wifi only works at reception, staff not helpful, even when they should solve a mistake done by them, location is good but very noisy

I really liked the place, especially the location was great! I didn't really like the "host mom", or the elderly woman who seemed to be in charge. She wasn't accommodating and she didn't speak nicely the either the costumers or the employees for that matter. It would have been great if it had been possible to "store" your suitcases during your last day in the city, but I understand why it can be hard.

Brutal place don't stay here!

• 28th Jul 2014

Rooms were hot and small and bathrooms were tiny, quite unclean when I used them and there are not enough to accommodate the number of people staying. Sink in room was almost impossible to get at the right temperature when you wanted it and there weren't enough electrical outlets in the room. Stairs were insane and seemed pretty dangerous. No wifi in rooms was really annoying too. Staff were either silent or down

Find somewhere else to stay.

• 25th Jul 2014

While being in a prime location in Amsterdam relative to the Train Station and Red Light District, nothing else about this hostel is very excellent. The staff wasn't exactly hospitable and behaved in unprofessional ways. One lady is constantly on her phone, on skype, and acted like it was a bother for us to be there. Elsewhere, the rooms were hot, no elevator (though typical), the drain didn't work in our shower - ground was wet and moldy, wifi only reached ground floor. Would not recommend.

Way too expensive for what you receive. My quad dorm room was two bunk beds in a single room. Really close quarters with people I didn't know.