Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Overall had a good time staying here. Didn't stay in the room much as its in the middle of town and easy to get anywhere you would want to be in Amsterdam

Rooms way too small. Too hot in rooms. Ants crawling through the windows. Shower room too small. No lift. Steep stairs.

• 29th Jun 2015

terrible hostel !! don't go my friends really the corean stuff is stupid the treated me really bad the rooms was dirty they even had badbugs in the bed !!! i would not recommend to my worst enemy !!!

• 24th Jun 2015

The rooms are far to small. Too many bunk beds. More space please.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Generally the place is clean and centrally located but the fact that there's no luggage keeping after your stay and there is luggage keeping before you stay gives you the feeling that you are an on goer customer and once you have paid your money. the place dosen't care about you anymore. In other words, once you get Travel Hostel you can leave your luggage in a storage room but when you leave, if your flight is, let's say, in the afternoon, you will have to carry your luggage with you.

Travel hotel was nice for location in Amsterdam, Cleaning normal. wifi is poor even doesn't work in room.

Standard hostel, very good location within walking distance of most things. Staff could be a bit more organised though.

• 16th Jun 2015

The hostel is clean, and it's great location, easy to find. It's recommended for you!!!!!

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Indonesia

Great location, walking distance to eveything. Terrible staff. Won't keep luggage after check out but we just put ours in lockers in the hall and came back. Not a very social hostel. Dorms didn't have many plug sockets. Stayed three nights and sheets never got changed once but over all clean ish hostel, ideal location for a few days!

I don't know why people give such negative reviews. It was a great value for the money and the location is superb. There was nothing wrong with my stay and the staff was fine. I would definitely recommend this hostel to people needing a few night stay in Amsterdam. It was clean and because of the price, most people are younger and therefore friendly. Overall a good experience and I see myself staying there again.

Perfect location. Facilities were pretty good. The bathroom had a bad smell and rarely had soap...

Worst hostel I've ever stayed at. Been travelling Europe for a year and this hostel by far is the most disappointing. The rudest night staff! The room we slept in (14 bed) is at a temperature of about 40 degrees! It's boiling! You won't get any sleep. There is one shower and one toilet for the whole hostel. The toilet did not have any toilet paper at any stage of our stay- and the shower sucks- had dirty towels and underwear left on the floor.

• 9th Jun 2015

I stayed at dormitory for 2 days with my friends, the room was too small. I think it is enough for 4 persons, but 6 people use a small room! There is no elevator and stairs are so narrow, even it has not enough space for 2 persons. It was horrible to go up with my big luggage. I think it could be dangerous. The staffs are not bad but not kind. We can use wifi only at lobby, but sometimes lobby was so crowded, there was no space for us. The only thing it's good is location.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

The staff seemed to be quite fed up with their work, no smiles ever. Bathroom were at least in our floor renovated and clean, but they seemed to save in putting the toilet paper in there. Small rooms, but OK beds. It was hot so the window had to be open all the time. There is WiFi only in reception but there is a computer to use in the bar.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Finland

Rude & unhelpful staff, no kitchen

• 2nd Jun 2015

I just stayed there one night, arrived at 10pm, the person in the reception was rude, not just with but with other guests too. They don't have lift, so it's impossible to carry a big bag in those small stairs. My bed was close to the window, all night I heard people on the street singing and talking. There was a spider in the room and the toillets are not so clean. The lockers in the room don't work. I don't recommend this place.

I brought 2 locks with me. one was too small for the locker and the other was too big, so I was forced to buy their lock and that was annoying. the staff here were extremely rude and unhelpful, they really did not care at all. the atmosphere was a lot of stag parties as it is located right next to the red light district. the common room was a small bar that was difficult to meet people in, however that's the only place that the WiFi kind of worked.

I understand that it reduces costs but it is a shame to not have either breakfast or more kitchen options for us old-school back-packer types, it really helps as a way to meet people because meals are a really social time. The best thing about your hostel are the reception staff who always had a smile and some great advice and support. Thank you for making my stay so comfortable.

Fantastic location, great price and comfy beds. Would have been nice to have more power outlets and wifi in the room

Good hostel! Excellent location, safe, but room is too small, lockers are too small, the stairs are like nightmare to 5th floor. But for the price and location is good for one night only!! I wouldn't recommend for more than one day!