Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I felt very unsafe here, my roommates were disgusting and disrespectful. The wifi seldom worked and there was no left luggage, I was told "just leave it under the pool table and hope it doesn't get stolen". Rooms were cold and I was provided with a thin blanket and sheet for warmth, which is pathetic in a room with no heating in Winter. Pay the extra money for a better place...

• 2nd Dec 2013

Very good hostel. The staff is very helpful and polite. They speak English, Italian, Spanish and French. The rooms are very clean and have lost of space, the lockers are big but narrow. So i couldnt fit my bag inside. The location in PERFECT, just 5 minutes from the central station, 5 minutes from the Red Light District and the main square as well. I recommend this place to everyone!!

The hostel was dirty and the rooms were stinky with 10 people in a small room. I didn't like the hostel. However the staff was helpful.

We were quite satisfied, hostel was clean and with nice helpfull stuff. Best of all was the location, it is in the very city centre , only few min from central station and the main square.

• 24th Oct 2013
  • Slovakia

This was a great hostel stay. The ensuite bathroom was clean though a little small. We were in a 4 bed room right over the door so there was almost always noise from the people smoking at the door but this wasn't a problem for me. The front desk lady was terrifying but did her job well. We never knew this but the beds also came with towels.

• 22nd Oct 2013

One of the cheapest places in central Amsterdam and very good value. 5th floor up the steep steps can take it out of you a bit.

The staff were really friendly, and I really enjoyed my stay here. The hostel had a very nice bar facility, with a very chilled out atmosphere, where you could meet a lot of the people who were staying at the hostel. All of the people I met were very friendly and I felt that my possessions were quite safe because of this. Personally my only main issue while staying here was the stairs- with no lift you may end up carrying your suitcase up 4 or 5 flights up a very narrow staircase.

• 10th Oct 2013

Best time with the craziest company!! Really helpful staff, clean rooms, great atmosphere, great location and most great of all 24 hour bar and pool table! Definetely a place to meet people and definetely going back there when again to Amsterdam!

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Greece

Stayed here before. some good rooms and some not so good. Will come back for the fine price, location and a descent stay.

It was nice staying at this hotel. The only thing I didn't like that much was that we had to change rooms and the one we got on the last day was on the ground floor and it was noisy, smaller and not as clean as the other one. I had reserved a couple weeks in advance so it's quite sad that we ended up switching rooms. The WIFI works really well, the staff is alright and the area is wonderful!

• 25th Sep 2013

super hostel!

• 25th Sep 2013

Great location, right by train station and red light district. Great staff, good security, key cards for all rooms. I was in a room right next to the bar so it was loud with music playing almost all night and very early in the morning. Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.

Pretty good location, and that's all.

One of the nights I was kept up for most of it due to a group of drunken tourists in the social area outside the dorm I was staying in. They were shouting, playing pool, and drinking more all up until 07:00, and the Hostel staff did nothing about it. Apart from that it was clean and the showers/toilets worked fine.

Good: Location was very good Bad: no kitchen

Staff were helpful. The rooms were clean. No complaints. The location is good for those who arrived by train and is into the red light district. It's quite far from the museum square.

We were on the 5th floor with no elevator and the stairs were steep and narrow. The bathroom in our room was tiny and stank and the floor wasn't very clean. Apart from this everything was good and the location was great.

The dorms were too small, with not enough windows (as people tended to smoke in the rooms) There were very few facilities.

• 15th Sep 2013

We booked a room for 4 people and we weren´t expected that type of room. It was amasing. Everything so clean and the staff so nice. The hotel is in the city center, amasing. Nearby from the train station and the redlight district is right on back, 2 min walking. To the bar in Rheimbrant Square online 15 min walking. I would recommend to everyone.

Great location in the heart of Amsterdam. Overall the place was ok, only one type of lock suited the lockers, and no bag storage before/after check-in, and no kitchen facilities. Room was really noisy, but as to be expected due to location. Nice and close to the train station.