Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Some of the staff members are unfriendly, unmotivated and incompetend as hell. In other hostels, they would have been fired within seconds. When I order a beer at 11.59 pm, I don't want the bartender to yell at me "Go away, my shift ends at midnight". Unacceptable! Also the stairs are ridiculously narrow between 4th and 5th floor. It's like climbing up a steep mountain which is considerably unconvenient with luggage to carry. Only good thing about the hostel is the location and 24h reception.

The location and price were the most important for me. It is very centrally located and for the price I can't complain! The rooms are very small (normal for amsterdam) but the beds were comfortable enough. One receptionist was very helpful and told me to be careful of pickpockets, while another receptionist clearly needs to find a new job as she is rude to customers and always complaining! Access to the rooms is controlled by the receptionist so you can be sure random people won't be coming in.

This would have to be THE worst hostel/hotel what ever you would call it we have stayed in yet! Not only where the rooms tiny for a 4 bed dorm the mattress we horrible! The wifi only working on the ground floor/in the bar that still didn't work properly and The lady with the blonde hair at the reception at night was a disgrace! Rude, not welcoming at all and not that I have a problem with it but swearing at work, at your colleges and the people that are staying there is very unprofessional!

Room was stiflingly warm, one tiny window in a room with 8 people. Water from shower leaked out onto the bathroom floor. Staff changing sheets in room while guests are sleeping.

• 4th Nov 2015

The hostel is simple, but very well located just 5-10 minutes from the Central Station. Apart from that there is no luxury but at the same time it has all it needs to be with friends that are not too picky. Its not one of those fashionable and socially active hostels where you can meet lots of people, but with so much activity in Amesterdam itself it doesn't make so much difference after all. It has a bar with a snooker table which is cool and a bar.

• 30th Oct 2015
  • Portugal

The heater stayed hot no matter what and the temperature in the room must have been around 28 degrees all night with eight people in it. When we pointed this out to the staff they just told us to turn off the heater (which absolutely didn't work) and didn't help us more than that.

• 28th Oct 2015
  • Switzerland

Very good value for money, would stay here again!

• 21st Oct 2015

The worst hostel I ve ever tried , starting from the racist lady I met at the desk who were talking badly on Arabs , to th small smelly rooms , to the dirty floor and bathrooms The hostel is really overpriced and I regret every penny I paid for it You cannot leave your bags when you check out

terrible hostel if you want to have a good time in Amsterdam partying and what not. on the other hand if you just want a place to stay that has everything you need to get a decent nights rest than it was perfect.

Safe and comfortable stay . Friendly staff and atmosphere. Great location

Very disappointing hostel, terrible bathroom facilities and hallway and corridor had a terrible smell. Wouldn't recommend staying here, other than the location is great.

• 7th Oct 2015

Just come back from a lads holiday from this hotel yesterday after staying here for 4 night in room 4004 the hotel is basic cheap an clean staff were great would recommended this to friends also in a great location an was cheap

• 2nd Oct 2015

the only good thing about this hostel is the location, unfriendly staff and a creepy bar weren't very nice

The stairs were horrible for me and my pregnant girlfriend the 4 bed room was not as described and we changed to a private double wich I paid close to 400 euro for 4 nights the mattress were disgusting blood stains and more for what you pay I expected a lot better

• 30th Sep 2015

Hotel filled with pretty sketchy people but that's what you get right next to the red light district. Bed sheets were damp and stained, room and bathroom were pretty disgusting but you get what you pay for.

Our stay at Travel Hotel was good. The hostel is very centrally located and easily to access from the train station and is a short 5 minute walk to the center square. The staff wasn't overly friendly and there wasn't a good community vibe there for all the travelers. The facilities are pretty basic but when you are in Amsterdam you aren't really chilling in your room the whole time anyway, so you are getting what you paid for. Overall, we had a great stay and made some cool friends.

The location was great as it was super close to the train station. They really lack amenities: no kitchen, no place to store luggage, wifi didn't work in rooms. They did have a 24 hour bar that had wifi and a pool table. Ensuite was pretty dirty and room wasn't the cleanest but it was a pretty inexpensive stay so you get what you pay for I guess.

Great location, steep stairs made it fun coming home to after a big night on the beer, you get use to the climb. Friendly staff overall it was pretty good.

Great location! Rooms and bathrooms were OK. No kitchen unfortunately or big common room unfortunately. Wifi was ok, only on the ground floor. You stay there for the location really.

Good location, walked everywhere. We had to change rooms after a night though which was annoying! Not a fun hostel, but right next to Red light district so it doesn't matter!