Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff was unpleasant and unhelpfull, there was not enough mlockers for everyone in the room, no luggage room, no kitchen and no fridge.

good location (red light district and dam plats very close) rather cheap O church close by, bells ringing melodies every quarter hour from around 8am on (I liked it, others might Not) - windows don't shut completely, rather loud - 5 stories with steep stairs and no elevator (seems normal in Amsterd -no light close to the bed, no ladders to climb the beds on the top - only 1 power socket in a room for 6 people - no wifi in the rooms, only in the bar where always Dutch radio or TV is running

the staffs there do not seem to care about us, even we asked them questions, they were like randomly talking. also the room has some kind of smells. in the morning they wake you up even if you are not checking out. they didnt even clean the room when they were doing cleaning.only lobby has internet. we stay at 5th floor its quite tiring to climb down and up everytime we want to use the internet.

checkout time is 10 am and cleaning staff are really loud, they have no consideration for those sleepin and the walls are paper thin, so even if you are not checking out they will wake you up, so do not expect a good nights rest here. Also, 5 floors with no elevator and really steep stairs. Staff are not particularly friendly or helpful, but ok I guess. Location is great though but I probably would not stay here again unless I was really desperate for a place to stay.

You vould have better staff, the moment that I get there the woman on the reception did not care at all about us

• 17th Apr 2014

I booked four beds mix dom and it is really a small room. wifi connection is not good and the luggage is not allowed to leave in the hostel after check out. and the check out is too early, it's 10:00am. the location is perfect, it is just across the street from the train station and it is easy to find out.

Welcoming Receptionist upon arriving. 24 hr bar. Stayed in a 10 bed dorm, which is extremely small but good for the price you pay. Dorm came with a toilet and 2 showers, however the showers were sometimes cold in the morning when they were all being used. Overall a good located hostel for a cheap price.

• 17th Apr 2014

The staff was not helpful at all, she didn't know any information about Amsterdam (ex. she told me she didn't know what time the Anne Frank house opened because she is not a tourist also she just handed me a map, didn't show me anything) The room was so tiny it was hard to move, and there was only wifi on the main floor.

Well located. The room was very dark but had a good bathroom. No wifi in the rooms. Personally, I would prefer a living room as the common area instead of a bar. The price was REALLY expensive for what we got. The staff on the reception was not the most friendly, but the others were. I had a nice stay there anyway.

If you're looking for a place that's close to the red light district and you don't mind sharing your room with a lot of stoned people, that's your pick. However, one should know that there were bells from a church nearby that woke me up everyday, ringing from 7AM to 9AM every half an hour. There's no luggage storage room, you have to leave your bags at the bar if you want to leave them at the hostel at all. Also there's no kitchen, and no bathrooms in every floor. I wouldn't go there again.

Had to change rooms 2 times, that's to much for a 5 day stay!!

• 9th Apr 2014

Great location and price for where it is situated, however there was a mouse in our room which is very off putting and makes me question the cleanliness of the Hotel. Also, they did not allow me to store my luggage after I checked out, the staff told me I could leave it in the bar under the pool table but they took no responsibilities if anything got stolen.

gross. no atmosphere to speak of. negligible security. unpleasant staff. 'cleaned' daily; still disgusting. tiny bathrooms. tiny rooms.

The lock of toliet on the ground floor is not working well. I almost can't open the door again. Be careful guy. A woman staff is very rude and not helpful but a chinese staff who works overnight is nice. Overall, it is cheap (10 euro per night) so I think it fulfills my basic need.

Overall the hostel was quite poor. The room was far too small for a four dorm room and it was not particularly clean. The only perk in the room was the television and the stations went on the third day. The bathroom was communal for the floor and it was nearly always dirty and usually had no tissue. The shower was also dirty and when I used it there was a filthy towel on the ground with some sort of excrement on it.The staff were not friendly or welcoming. The only perk was it's central location

This hostel was disgusting, The staff were unhelpful and grumpy. On the second night a homeless dude managed to sneak into our room and slept in one of the spare beds and smelt disgusting! There wasn't anywhere to hang out apart from in the bar downstairs. Wifi only worked downstairs. This was the worst hostel of our whole Europe trip. It was in a good location though so Ill give them that....

They double booked us, so the party of three i was with got put in a 4-person room instead of a 6-person, which was obviously a good thing. Bathrooms are very limited, as there seemed to be only a single toilet for 3 floors. If you can get a room with a shower, I would suggest it.

• 27th Feb 2014

the younger woman from reception desk was very friendly and eager to help, unlike her elder counterpart from which we had to extract information. also i had to leave a collateral of 10EUR for just one key at check-in (by the elder woman), and at check-out i was given back only 5EUR, the reason apparently is that she held money for 2 keys, not one...

This hostel has a very good location, in center of the city but other parts regarding to the cleanliness and safety are not very delightful: very small bathrooms and room, linens are not very clean but it was a nice time spended in Netherlands.

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Romania

Hostel good at city tour.

1 2 3 Next » last »