Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

You can't beat the location, period. The price isn't bad either, particularly mid week. It's a hostel, not fancy, with travellers arriving at all hours. You NEED to keep the window open to avoid heat stroke!!! Oude Kirk & De Wallen are right outside, take ear plugs if noise bothers you. The rooms are walk up via narrow staircases, up to 5 floors high - be aware if you're not up to it. With the exception of the Kiwi lady, the front desk staff are a bit hopeless. I personally would return.

Wonderful location. It's not by any means cheap but for Amsterdam it did not seem too bad. Ideal for people who just need somewhere to sleep and get out and about!

• 24th Jun 2014

VERY CONFORTABLE, I SUGGEST!!

No complaints here. This place was pretty good. No wifi in the rooms was a bit annoying. Apart from that, the location is great, the staff are helpful and you can get a decent sleep

Great location right in the heart of Amsterdam however very very cramped room with 5 bunk-beds making the room very stuffy which didn't help by having the bad ventilation on the showers located in the room as well. However if after fairly cheap and basic accommodation then is fine

Does not allow you to leave your bags after you check out. Place is dirty, staff unhelpful and facilities zero. They moved my (booked) room on the last night without telling me or explaining why, leaving all of my stuff in bags in the public bar. Horrifically cramped 8 bed dorm I found myself in was so hot it was impossible to sleep. Hike in room price at weekend is an absolute rip off. Also right next to a church that rings the bells to a jaunty tune every 15 minutes.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Had a really good time at this hostel. One negative comment though was we could only store our luggage there before checking into our room but not after we had checked out. This doesn't really make much sense and was quite inconvenient.

• 23rd Jun 2014

What I expected for central Amsterdam. Staff fairly rude, didn't seem bothered by us the paying guests. Rooms tiny, rooms far too hot, too cramped. Was on the 5th floor so was a long walk to the top... Hostel feels dirty, certain "coffee shop" smell you can't escape from. Lack of atmosphere, even during world cup games! Bar at hostel not too overpriced. Very expensive for what you get.

Location is good, quite near to central station, others are awful.

Talk about cheap and nasty. I did a google search on this hostel to see coments, I wish I had done it before I booked it. Lesson learnt.

The hostel lounge is dark and dingy and very small. There was no room for socialising and being girls we felt intimidated by the rowdy, drunk men who were staying there also and who dominated the bar area. The staff were rude and unhelpful and didn't make us feel welcome at all. Would certainly never stay there again.

Not bad !!!!!

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Egypt

Well run. The 24 hour lobby/bar is nice. It would be helpful if you offered diagrams of the room layouts in the booking process

This hostel was way over priced for what you got. Stayed in a 8 bed dorm which was extremely cramped with no air conditioning meaning it was unbearable to be in the room. Apart from the young dark haired girl who was very nice and helpful on arrival, the rest of the staff were useless. Everyone we spoke to in the hostel complained about it and several people, including us, checked out early. Seriously get some air con in those rooms!

• Rooms are small and stuffy • Other people staying in the hostel are a little dodge • Best located hostel around though - in the middle of everything. As long as you don't hang around in the hostel and only go there to sleep, does more than a job • 54% seems a tad harsh, but location really is the only stand out positive for this place

• 5th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I thought the value for the room was okay. My group of 4 rented a private 4 bed room and one of our travelers got bed bugs.

A good hostel is hard to come by in Amsterdam it seems. Prices are high, as are most of the people walking around. Seeing as I found Holland to be a friendly country, I was disappointed as to how I was treated when checking in and out. The staff were just beyond rude and I would never stay here again. I'm pretty easy going in most cases too but this was just something else. I don't know if it's part of the hip Amsterdam culture but I'd like to be treated like a human when I spend my money.

Only had wifi in the lobby so it was really I convenient. Our bedroom had 8 people staying in it. So it was really crammed cause of the size of the room. There was no bathroom cleaning either so obviously our bathroom got pretty disgusting after a few days. The door didn't even shut all the way which is a problem for girls and boy roommates. Our room was on the 2nd floor and it was ridiculous trying to get up and down all the stairs and small hallways.

The 24h bar makes the stay in the room 1 (10 bed dorm) uncomfortable as it is located right next to the bar area and the guests get very noisy especially between 4-7am.

• 30th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Centrally located, but the 8-person dorm room i stayed in was tiny, you could barely suck in your gut and slide your way between the bunk beds to get from the room door to your bed, making it pretty hard to get your stuff from your bags/suitcases. More of a place to stash your luggage and sleep, since you'll be spending your time in town anyway. Still, really expensive for what you get (location is the major seller for this one).