Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Rude & unhelpful staff, no kitchen

• 2nd Jun 2015

I just stayed there one night, arrived at 10pm, the person in the reception was rude, not just with but with other guests too. They don't have lift, so it's impossible to carry a big bag in those small stairs. My bed was close to the window, all night I heard people on the street singing and talking. There was a spider in the room and the toillets are not so clean. The lockers in the room don't work. I don't recommend this place.

I brought 2 locks with me. one was too small for the locker and the other was too big, so I was forced to buy their lock and that was annoying. the staff here were extremely rude and unhelpful, they really did not care at all. the atmosphere was a lot of stag parties as it is located right next to the red light district. the common room was a small bar that was difficult to meet people in, however that's the only place that the WiFi kind of worked.

I understand that it reduces costs but it is a shame to not have either breakfast or more kitchen options for us old-school back-packer types, it really helps as a way to meet people because meals are a really social time. The best thing about your hostel are the reception staff who always had a smile and some great advice and support. Thank you for making my stay so comfortable.

Fantastic location, great price and comfy beds. Would have been nice to have more power outlets and wifi in the room

Good hostel! Excellent location, safe, but room is too small, lockers are too small, the stairs are like nightmare to 5th floor. But for the price and location is good for one night only!! I wouldn't recommend for more than one day!

The hostel was overall an ok experience. The lady in charge during the day was not very friendly or helpful at all. Our bed reservation was mixed up so we did not know which bed we would have for the night. Instead of helping us (which is her job) she made us figure out the situation. It is although not too expensive and in a great location close to everything.

Pretty good experience. Was clean and the day time staff were good. The night guy was a bit of a grump though.

It would be the worst hostel/hotel I've ever stayed at if it wasn't for the central location, 5 minute walk to the train station. The bathrooms were filthy, beds were horrible and all the lockers were broken. The staff didn't seem too interested in the guests and made the atmosphere feel uncomfortable whenever you go to the reception.

Reception staff were pretty unfriendly and unhelpful.

• 25th May 2015
  • Scotland

Not a good stay! The staff was not helpful and would not let us cancel our second night. Each staff member told us a different policy regarding cancellations. Their sign said 24 hours but they insisted it was 48. Then the next day they said it was 24 hours but needed to be by phone exclusively. They told us the room would be ready at 2 and when we walked in it was still a giant dump with trash and sheets everywhere! Could barely even walk up the stairs because of laundry bags. Good location tho

Customer service skills need improving. Was sworn at by the clerk for asking for another key since I'd left mine in the room.

Great hostel, staff was friendly and helpfull. I stayed in mixed shared room for 4 people, beds were comfortable, shower and toilets were clean. I have stayed in many differend hotels and this one was one of the good ones, not 5 star hotel but I didn't expect that either. I had really bad luck with my "roomates" in the room, they were smoking inside and didn't care about "common rules", staff tried to help which I appreciate a lot. Good hostel, bad people (not the hostels fault!)

Great location!! Abit dirty but wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Has the best showers in the world!!!!

I wasn't expecting much after reading a few bad reviews saying that the hostel was dirty. But It turned out to be a great stay! The hostel was clean, neat and in good condition. I would defenitely recommend this hostel to others. Great price and location too. Only minus point: Some of the staff members are very rude and impolite.

Good bath, but the door of the shower was broken and it let all the bathroom wet. Good bads and lockers. There's no lift and really steep steps to the 4th floor. The wifi doesn't works in the room, at least no in the 4th floor. But really well located and there's a nice bar at the reception.

good location

• 7th May 2015
  • Turkey

Cheap Hostel, good for students. :)

• 5th May 2015

Guys, thanks for everything, I had fun and I finally could rest, I might stay there again soon. Thanks for the awesome hot chocolate and toast! Haha Have a good week.

People were up in morning and no did anything to stop the noise.