Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was okay! You get what you pay. They took some money from my credit card and it took almost two weeks until they gave it back, they didn't help me at all on the spot.

Rooms are verry small

• 4th Sep 2013
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good location and clean nice rooms with TV. Good for a hostel I liked it. The only thing I didn't understand was the fee of 150 euros in case you loose the key for the reception lock box. This is a ripping off method. And provides extra care for a hostel vacation. Of course we can use the lock box in the room for free. In rest the conditions were great. Thank you for welcoming me there and wish you all the best. Aurel, Romania.

You got what you are paying for. The bed things that that is no Wi Fi in the rooms, everything else was quite good.

Great location to enjoy the sights of Amsterdam and walk around the canals. We were in a six bed ensuite share and not once was the room cleaned. We asked and the reception said that when the room was empty it would be. But being a shared room I wouldn't have thought that would be too often... Not the best common area, as its quite small and find everyone sprawled on the ground. But for the cost and the location I dont think you can get much better in Amsterdam. Still had a great time!

Considering hostels everywhere in Amsterdam are quite expensive I suppose this was okay because it was clean enough. There isn't much to say about it, there are narrow stairs and no lift, one of the staff was quite unhelpful and the bar area was dingy and weird. But it's in a good location and I didn't have any issues with beds, bathrooms etc. Hard to justify spending 20€ a night though.

Great place to meet people!

Room wasn't amazing. Only one plug socket and kinda felt like bootcamp. Beds aren't that comfy either. Bar's okay and in a great location.

The location is superb! And Michael was awesome. The pub was fun. The Asian guy at the front desk was disliked by almost everyone I spoke with! The steps are a challenge, but that's Amsterdam. They wouldn't let you check in early. Laundry was close by but not inside. And the Wi-Fi stops at the third floor. I would definitely return, so long as the price was a little lower. :) And I didn't have to deal with the Asian guy! Lol

No kitchen but cute little bar with pool table and computers, were people can hang out and meet other people before heading out for the night. Bit noisy if you're trying to sleep before 2am, but to be expected with a central location! Staff helpful, and even though it was the most expensive hostel of our trip, we hit the city at peak tourist time and so everywhere was expensive. Good place to head to if you want to explore Amsterdam by night as no curfew and backs on to the Red Light District.

everything was good, very nice hotel. its just not easy to step up all the 4 floors when you high.

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Israel

Australian women who runs the place tried to charge us 200 Euro "tax" and the rooms were ridiculously hot with no circulation what soever... this place was miserable don't go here...that is unless you like sweating in your sleep.

• 25th Jul 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

What can i say, you get what you pay for. Pretty small rooms but good none the less. The bar downstairs is pretty dead but it makes up for it by being smack in the middle of everything. Cannot stress how good of a location it has. Overall Decent.

Good location, decent facilities and a nice bar. Though had to pay for padlocks and bags couldn't fit in lockers.

Nice rooms, clean restrooms inside the dormrooms and hall ways. The lounge has a decent size, so there is potential to meet fellow travelers. The staff is very helpful and fun to talk to. The main scene in Amsterdam isn't that large to cover, so in my opinion this hostel is a great starting point, and its just 1 sprint train (4£) away from the airport and centraal station is 5 walking minutes away. The only downside are the super small stairs.

Spent very little time there, but it had everything I needed and rooms were suitable and beds were comfy. It was what I needed it to be. :)

• 10th Jul 2013

I shared room with a group of really dirty people and it wasn't cleaned even once. They were really noisy and nothing was done about it. Additionally, the staff wasn't really nice to us and they wanted us to pay 5 more euros each for their mistake.

Not the most fancy hostel, but for the Price it's really okay. Location is right at the redlight district.

This place is in a great location - right in the red light district - but due to typical Amsterdam prices it is so expensive! all in all i had a great stay here.

The travel hotel was really central and the staff on arrival were quite helpful, we only stayed here one night and arrived late then checked out early the next morning so we didn't get a chance to use all the facilities. We stayed on the fifth floor and the stairs were an absolute killer but other than that the travel hotel was really good!

• 25th Jun 2013