Travel Hotel Reviews

Beursstraat 23, 1012JV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Well run. The 24 hour lobby/bar is nice. It would be helpful if you offered diagrams of the room layouts in the booking process

This hostel was way over priced for what you got. Stayed in a 8 bed dorm which was extremely cramped with no air conditioning meaning it was unbearable to be in the room. Apart from the young dark haired girl who was very nice and helpful on arrival, the rest of the staff were useless. Everyone we spoke to in the hostel complained about it and several people, including us, checked out early. Seriously get some air con in those rooms!

• Rooms are small and stuffy • Other people staying in the hostel are a little dodge • Best located hostel around though - in the middle of everything. As long as you don't hang around in the hostel and only go there to sleep, does more than a job • 54% seems a tad harsh, but location really is the only stand out positive for this place

• 5th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I thought the value for the room was okay. My group of 4 rented a private 4 bed room and one of our travelers got bed bugs.

A good hostel is hard to come by in Amsterdam it seems. Prices are high, as are most of the people walking around. Seeing as I found Holland to be a friendly country, I was disappointed as to how I was treated when checking in and out. The staff were just beyond rude and I would never stay here again. I'm pretty easy going in most cases too but this was just something else. I don't know if it's part of the hip Amsterdam culture but I'd like to be treated like a human when I spend my money.

Only had wifi in the lobby so it was really I convenient. Our bedroom had 8 people staying in it. So it was really crammed cause of the size of the room. There was no bathroom cleaning either so obviously our bathroom got pretty disgusting after a few days. The door didn't even shut all the way which is a problem for girls and boy roommates. Our room was on the 2nd floor and it was ridiculous trying to get up and down all the stairs and small hallways.

The 24h bar makes the stay in the room 1 (10 bed dorm) uncomfortable as it is located right next to the bar area and the guests get very noisy especially between 4-7am.

• 30th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Centrally located, but the 8-person dorm room i stayed in was tiny, you could barely suck in your gut and slide your way between the bunk beds to get from the room door to your bed, making it pretty hard to get your stuff from your bags/suitcases. More of a place to stash your luggage and sleep, since you'll be spending your time in town anyway. Still, really expensive for what you get (location is the major seller for this one).

Prepare yourself for the stench of weed in the tall, narrow stairwell. This hostel is right at the start of the red light district... So expect to see a bit of everything. Location was good, depending what you are after. Bar was rubbish, there is no atmosphere, and wifi is only in the main entrance. It's cheap. And you can make friends else where. Probably wouldn't stay there again.

+ (plus) I had booked 3 nights, but I had leave a night earlier. I was happy to find the staff member willing to cancel the last nights booking in a friendly way and at no charge. - (minus) Also because it was one of the expensive nights. When I browsed for an cheap place to stay I was disappointed of a general pattern: Some nights very cheap, so the hostel can come up early in the search for a cheap stay, but have only some nights cheap, so the visitor may have to buy expensive nights too.

It's a great hostel for the price you are paying. Yeah, you have to share rooms, but it's Amsterdam! You should go out and just sleep in the hostel. Cleans sheets, bathrooms and shower. Wifi only available at the common room (has a pool table, a bar and some tables where you can eat or do whatever)

• 14th May 2014
  • Chile

No security lock for valueble stuff. When check out, no place to temporary guarded/lock storage. location is good. i am ok with no breakfast. by the way no wifi except on 1st floor. for double decker, there is no stair, u got to JUMP out. no heater in the room.

The room was so hot and dirty... Smell bad!! But the localization was perfect!! Good fun in Amsterdan.

The place was okay. There were parts of the building that smelled incredibly musty. Of course it smelled like weed but the musty mixed with weed was so bad we learned to not breathe where it was. The bar area was nice. It had a pool table and some tables and chairs. Good spot to chill, email and whatever. Overall it was a good stay but nothing special.

This hostel has the perfect location, is reasonably priced, and was quiet at night. However, the staff were not very friendly, and one older lady was even rude to me a few times, refusing to open the door to the stairs and continuing to talk to someone at the desk while glaring at me (even though she only had to press one button to open it). In addition, there was a mouse in my room--obviously that made it a bit hard to me to sleep peacefully.

The Pakistani receptionist was very helpful

The wifi does not work in the dorms. There is not a daily cleaning schedule, so the toilets get very dirty.

The staff was unpleasant and unhelpfull, there was not enough mlockers for everyone in the room, no luggage room, no kitchen and no fridge.

good location (red light district and dam plats very close) rather cheap O church close by, bells ringing melodies every quarter hour from around 8am on (I liked it, others might Not) - windows don't shut completely, rather loud - 5 stories with steep stairs and no elevator (seems normal in Amsterd -no light close to the bed, no ladders to climb the beds on the top - only 1 power socket in a room for 6 people - no wifi in the rooms, only in the bar where always Dutch radio or TV is running

the staffs there do not seem to care about us, even we asked them questions, they were like randomly talking. also the room has some kind of smells. in the morning they wake you up even if you are not checking out. they didnt even clean the room when they were doing cleaning.only lobby has internet. we stay at 5th floor its quite tiring to climb down and up everytime we want to use the internet.