Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

Fantastic hostel, probably not as up to date as some others I have stayed, but the staff where awesome!

• 14th Sep 2014

While very easy to get to from Heathrow, it is a bit of a hike to walk to from the nearest Tube station. It's in a nice part of town and I felt safe in the neighborhood, even on strolls at night. It's a decent place to stay (very old building) for the money, the complimentary breakfast and free soft drinks were good and much appreciated but I have to harp on something. I was only impressed with one or two of the staff--everybody else seemed to be a tad uninterested in helping us out.

Was alright - I did not get any sleep, as my bed was next to a window and the window next to a main road, but I think this was just my bad luck, I am sure there are room which are less noisy. The bedroom door was also impossible to close without making a huge noise which was a bit of a pain. I would not go again only because of this - same hostel but on a quiet road would be amazing!

Need to work on your booking system of shuffling people around. Otherwise, great place to stay.

This place is awesome! The staff and other guests could not be better. Marine, Agata and Melissa are so helpful and friendly. The atmosphere is very laid back and inviting. And the breakfast is delicious. Angela cooks breakfast every morning. I got omelets, pancakes and smoothies daily. For free. Oh and coffee and sodas are free all day. Guests get discounts on beer as well. Honestly - this place is the best.

• 7th Sep 2014

The bar and the service they provided was very good. Rooms could have been better (average english hostel), too many beds in a room and no window to open only big doors which wasn't convenient.

I've spent four days in Travel Joy Hostel in London. It's a really nice hostel, the main room with the bar is a good place to relax the evening, and they got cool music!

Definitely a good place to stay while in London for a few days! Location is convenient with Bus 24 running 24 hrs. The free breakfast buffet was fantastic and the wifi worked without a hitch even inside the room! The helpful staff made it even more lovely.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

Great hostel. 8 Minute walk to tube (or five minute bus). 24 hour bus outside the door. Delicious (free) breakfast with omelets, smoothies and crepes. Free (non-alcoholic) drinks are a plus. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Sometimes the shower lacked sufficient pressure, but only lasted a couple minutes that way (not a deal breaker). WiFi was always available and reliable. Right across the street from the river. Will definitely stay again!

The rooms were really cramped. Not much room to move around and little ventilation.

one of the best hostels that I've been. Staff, Location and the atmosphere there are just awesome! Thanks

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Travel Joy. Your nice words have been shared with the entire team as this goes a long way in encouraging and motivating us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon at Travel Joy !

Lovely hostel with great staff and breakfast. The neighborhood is cool to explore. A bit far from a tube stop, but right on a bus and cycle station. Met some new friends and would go back!

Thank you sincerely for your feedback, we are delighted to learn from your review you were satisfied by our services and facilities. It is always a pleasure for us to make sure our guests are having a good time in London. We will be glad to welcome you again at Travel Joy.

It is not too centrally located (for a tourist) but it can very easily be reached by bus. The quality of the facilities and the work done by the staff are the highlight of this hostel.

Thank you for your nice review, we are glad you had a good experience at Travel Joy and you enjoyed our services and facilities. Your nice words have been shared with the entire team. Hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy.

I stayed in quite a few hostels in London and this is by far the best. The staff is so friendly and helpful, they immediately make you feel right at home! It is under a pub, which initially I was worried about, but actually makes a nice environment when there are always people there! The location is a bit dodgy to walk around at night, but perfectly lovely in the day! The showers are a bit dodgy (worth fixing up!), and they really need fitted sheets on the mattresses. Otherwise it was lovely.

One of the best hostels ever. The staff was amazing, breakfast was fabulous for a typical hostel and there is coffee and tea all day long. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I was only in London for one night.

This was my second time staying here and I'd stay again. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is good. The free breakfast is great. I would recommend Travel Joy to others.

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay at Travel Joy, we are delighted to hear once again you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recommending us and we do hope to welcome you again !

Great location if you want to be away from the hustle and bustle as its located along the embankment. Close walk to the underground and the #24 is steps away from the front door. Staff were welcoming and helpful.. also the hot breakfast and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks were a plus. The restaurant at the hostel was also great (yummy Pad Thai). Only downside was that there wasn't enough toilets and rarely got any pressure from the shower head. Other than that, a great hostel to stay in.

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and restaurant ! A guest having a good time in London with us is our main goal. Your nice words will be shared with the staff and our cook. Hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

What an amazing hostel!!! You really get the full London experience here. The building itself is beautiful and located only minutes away from major attractions. Bus stops right outside of the front door, and will take you to most key subway stations and tourist destinations. Bicycle station Is also located just outside. Great stuff, amazing breakfasts, clean rooms made my experice simply amazing.

• 11th Aug 2014

Thank you for your review. It is always a pleasure for us to receive an amazing feedback like yours. We are glad you were satisfied with our services and location. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon at Travel Joy !

A longer walk from the tube stations than is indicated. Breakfast was wonderful, and free soft drinks a plus! The room was stuffy in warm weather, and shower stalls quite small; only a small space (4"/10cm) between shower curtain and shower stall door.

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay in Travel Joy. Pimlico station is located 10 minutes walking from the hostel, the staff is giving free maps with the shortest way to the station. I hope the above did not detract too much from an otherwise enjoyable stay and we hope to welcome you again at Travel Joy !

Thank you for being so welcoming and helpful! Everything was clean, and the atmosphere was fantastic. Free hot breakfast was the icing on the cake. I really enjoyed my time, and I will most definitely be back in the future!

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review of Travel Joy! It is fantastic to hear you had a wonderful stay with us and found the staff to be courteous and helpful. It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, which serves as a great motivator for our team.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5