Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

1993 Total Reviews

The biggest downside here is how weak the American dollar is to the pound. the staff was great and very helpful! The breakfast is excellent with omelets and pancakes. The Wi-Fi is Blazing fast at over 20mb/s! bed linens and towels are included as are free soft drinks for your entire stay. I stayed with my 72 year old grandfather who thought the nearest underground stop was too far away but for anyone younger its in walking distance from many of the main attractions.

This will definitely be my go-to hostel if I am staying in London. The staff were friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was very pleasant. I used to always stay at another hostel in London, but since they were full on the dates I needed I picked Travel Joy. Now Travel Joy will be my "regular". Cheers guys!

Thank you very much for your review, we are happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s going to be a pleasure to have you as a “regular”! See you soon then!

Travel Joy is amazing!! The staff are absolutely the friendliest most hardworking crew in London. The location is brilliant so easy to get to Central London but far enough away to have a quiet drink out the front. The breakfasts win hands down, grab an omelette if you get a chance. Thanks guys for an ace time.

• 9th Apr 2014

Thank you for your review, we are happy you enjoyed your stay in our hostel! Have a nice trip and hope to see you back soon!

loved it, this place is super!

Thank you for your review, hope to see you soon!

This was by far the best hostel I have stayed at in London. The location was fantastic, overlooking the river, near Victoria and with a bus line passing outside which took me to all the major tourist sites; the staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating; the rooms and bathrooms were clean and well-kept; the atmosphere in the bar (common area) was relaxed and friendly; there were pancakes and omelettes on offer and free soft drinks were served to guests all day!

Thank you for your review! Nothing makes us happier than seeing our guests having a good time in our hostel. Hope to see you back soon!

This hostel had a great environment and friendly staff. The hostel was very helpful in recommending things to do in the area; however, the staff seemed overwhelmed during breakfast times. Our second morning, we also lost hot water in your private room. I informed the staff, and was told the maintenance man, who was just outside, would come up immediately to fix it. He never came up, and we ended up taking ice cold showers. The staff never followed up to see if the issue had been resolved.

• 4th Apr 2014

Thank you for your review. We had a large group staying in the same time than you and it made breakfast times a bit harder to handle unfortunately. Sorry to hear that the shower problem hasn't been solved straight away, this should have been done. We hope to see you back with us to give us the opportunity to make it better next time. Thanks again for your feedback.

That was not my first time to stay at Travel Joy. I stayed probably 4 or 5 times before. If anything, it has improved (reception is open longer, and breakfast is served in a more organised way). Staff have always been nice and helpful.

Thank you for your review! We are glad to read that you once again enjoyed your stay with us. See you soon!

Beautiful view across the Thames to the Battersea Power Station from the dorm I was in. One of the better free hostel breakfasts I've come across; Omelette and Pancake bar included! Little things make the stay in a hostel go from great to awesome and Travel Joy is full of them. Free soft drinks from the bar throughout the stay! Beds were comfortable and dorm room was clean and bright. Staff friendly and helpful. Only a short walk from Pimlico tube so don't be put off by location.

Thank you for your review and your stay in our hostel! Hope to see you back soon!

Very nice people, excellent price and localization in London, I recommend 100%!

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Poland

Thank you very much for your review and recommending our hostel, we are always happy to see our guests enjoying their stay with us in London! Hope to see you back soon!

very friendly atmosphere

Thank you for your review! Glad you enjoyed your stay in our hostel!

I've stayed at several hostels in London but once I'd descoved travel not it has become my go to. It's location to victoria station makes it the most convinent place for me to get an early gatwick express. The food at the pub on the main floor is great. The rooms and showers are clean if slightly cramped. The staff are all incredibly friendly. Draw backs are internet is extra (though reasonably priced) an if you are leaving super early in the morning there is no one there for check out.

• 23rd Mar 2014

Thank you from all the staff of Travel Joy for your nice review. Our reception is now open 24/24, so next time you will be staying with us you will have no trouble checking out during the night. Thank you again for your stay with us!

I only stayed one night but it was a good one. The staff are really friendly and helpful and will greet you with a free soft drink and show you to your room. The breakfast was great! Curtains around the beds offer some privacy which was nice. The bed was a bit lumpy and the room could have used some more outlets but I'd still definitely recommend this place.

Thank you for this nice feedback! Hope next time you’ll stay longer! See you soon!

It's the best hostel where I have ever been, really good. :D

Thank you very much for your stay and your review! Glad you had a good time with us, come back soon!

The hostel had a good location close to the Thames and just a 15 minutes walk from Victoria station. The hostel was clean, the staff was nice and free softdrinks and a good breakfast is included in the price.

Thank you very much for your review! We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay in our hostel!

On arrival staff kindly showed me to my room and offered me a free drink. All softdrinks are free to guests! Great shower facilities with free shampoo and soap! Bed ok, very creaky! Suprisingly good food in the pub, pork ribs were yum! Free salsa lessons and other entertainment on different nights. Only downside really is the location - just have to get the bus everywhere, but being on the Thames was nice too:-) Highly recommend, they aim to please!

Thank you for your feedback and recommending our hostel ! Hope to see you soon back in Travel Joy!

This was my second stay at this hostel and I still love it. It may not be in the centre of London but with the 24 Bus at the door you're just 15mins away from Victoria Station, about 20mins away from Westminster, 30mins away from Trafalgar Square and it goes all the way up to Camden Town. The hostel is clean, has a great atmosphere and the staff have always been polite and helpful. The only downside is the amount of stairs you have to climb. Also, free gummy bears and jelly babies! NOM NOM!

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

Thank you for your stay again and your review! We are always happy to give a hand to carry luggages upstairs if needed, next time please, ask us. Hope to see you back soon!

Highly recommended. I stayed only one night here but was SO impressed -- I would definitely come back. One of the main bus lines stops directly in front of the hostel so it is incredibly cheap and easy to get to all the main sights from here. The hostel has a great restaurant and bar and amazing free breakfast and they are very helpful in booking activities. The staff is super helpful and friendly. The rooms are basic but clean. Great value for the location.

Thank you for your review! Hope to have you staying with us for longer next time!

I found the showers difficult to work...The water was much too hot.

Thank you very much for your stay and review. Sorry to hear that you had trouble with the shower mixer, one side controls the flow and the other one the temperature, we know that for people not from England it can unfortunately be confusing. We hope to see you back soon!

とても好きなホステル!

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Japan

Brilliant hostel, the attention to detail in knowing just what a guest needs and wants could not be better. Everything you need is there. Free breakfast with the usual basics toast, tea, coffee, but also also very nice omelette or pancakes freshly made. Everywhere is clean, staff are friendly and helpful, very good atmosphere. Location excellent. Has a bar, but is not rowdy, has open mic nights with good acts, highly recommended hostel, would stay again without thinking, thank you!

• 28th Feb 2014