Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

1985 Total Reviews

This will definitely be my go-to hostel if I am staying in London. The staff were friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was very pleasant. I used to always stay at another hostel in London, but since they were full on the dates I needed I picked Travel Joy. Now Travel Joy will be my "regular". Cheers guys!

Travel Joy is amazing!! The staff are absolutely the friendliest most hardworking crew in London. The location is brilliant so easy to get to Central London but far enough away to have a quiet drink out the front. The breakfasts win hands down, grab an omelette if you get a chance. Thanks guys for an ace time.

• 9th Apr 2014

loved it, this place is super!

This hostel had a great environment and friendly staff. The hostel was very helpful in recommending things to do in the area; however, the staff seemed overwhelmed during breakfast times. Our second morning, we also lost hot water in your private room. I informed the staff, and was told the maintenance man, who was just outside, would come up immediately to fix it. He never came up, and we ended up taking ice cold showers. The staff never followed up to see if the issue had been resolved.

• 4th Apr 2014

That was not my first time to stay at Travel Joy. I stayed probably 4 or 5 times before. If anything, it has improved (reception is open longer, and breakfast is served in a more organised way). Staff have always been nice and helpful.

Beautiful view across the Thames to the Battersea Power Station from the dorm I was in. One of the better free hostel breakfasts I've come across; Omelette and Pancake bar included! Little things make the stay in a hostel go from great to awesome and Travel Joy is full of them. Free soft drinks from the bar throughout the stay! Beds were comfortable and dorm room was clean and bright. Staff friendly and helpful. Only a short walk from Pimlico tube so don't be put off by location.

Very nice people, excellent price and localization in London, I recommend 100%!

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Poland

very friendly atmosphere

I've stayed at several hostels in London but once I'd descoved travel not it has become my go to. It's location to victoria station makes it the most convinent place for me to get an early gatwick express. The food at the pub on the main floor is great. The rooms and showers are clean if slightly cramped. The staff are all incredibly friendly. Draw backs are internet is extra (though reasonably priced) an if you are leaving super early in the morning there is no one there for check out.

• 23rd Mar 2014

I only stayed one night but it was a good one. The staff are really friendly and helpful and will greet you with a free soft drink and show you to your room. The breakfast was great! Curtains around the beds offer some privacy which was nice. The bed was a bit lumpy and the room could have used some more outlets but I'd still definitely recommend this place.

It's the best hostel where I have ever been, really good. :D

The hostel had a good location close to the Thames and just a 15 minutes walk from Victoria station. The hostel was clean, the staff was nice and free softdrinks and a good breakfast is included in the price.

On arrival staff kindly showed me to my room and offered me a free drink. All softdrinks are free to guests! Great shower facilities with free shampoo and soap! Bed ok, very creaky! Suprisingly good food in the pub, pork ribs were yum! Free salsa lessons and other entertainment on different nights. Only downside really is the location - just have to get the bus everywhere, but being on the Thames was nice too:-) Highly recommend, they aim to please!

This was my second stay at this hostel and I still love it. It may not be in the centre of London but with the 24 Bus at the door you're just 15mins away from Victoria Station, about 20mins away from Westminster, 30mins away from Trafalgar Square and it goes all the way up to Camden Town. The hostel is clean, has a great atmosphere and the staff have always been polite and helpful. The only downside is the amount of stairs you have to climb. Also, free gummy bears and jelly babies! NOM NOM!

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

I found the showers difficult to work...The water was much too hot.

とても好きなホステル!

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Japan

Brilliant hostel, the attention to detail in knowing just what a guest needs and wants could not be better. Everything you need is there. Free breakfast with the usual basics toast, tea, coffee, but also also very nice omelette or pancakes freshly made. Everywhere is clean, staff are friendly and helpful, very good atmosphere. Location excellent. Has a bar, but is not rowdy, has open mic nights with good acts, highly recommended hostel, would stay again without thinking, thank you!

• 28th Feb 2014

Cool hostel, worth the extra coin. Staff were fantastic.

Of all the hostels I have stayed in, by far the most uncomfortable beds. I don't think I have ever actually felt springs quite like that in my back all night. And there were far too many beds for the size and layout of the room. That being said, excellent staff, great atmosphere, fantastic breakfast, awesome central location to London.

I had a great stay at the travel joy hostel! Nice atmosphere, great staff, clean and safe hostel, great food, I had a really good time!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5