8.8
Fabulous 2,839 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 2,839 Total Reviews
Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Located at 111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London.
England
London London SW1V 3LG 111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico
88% 2839
51.4854150 -0.1416099
    Rooms available

26th Sep 2016

Hey Y'all This little hostel is very family like and is a great bargain for its price. On the one hand hand it's Chelsea, which is posh and snazzy, but from inside it's a tiny British village with great atmosphere. There is a bus stop right outside the hostel but I always walked the 10 min to Pimlico tube station and took the Victoria line. Don't expect a sterilized dormitory. People come from all over the world so it's nice and stuffed and messy. There's yet to improve, but I recommend.

21st Sep 2016
8.0

Overall, a pretty nice place and the people were very friendly. It was a bit unfortunate that the bar stopped selling around 11 or 11:30 I think. The hostel I was previously at in Germany had a 24hour bar, and it was nice that people hung out in the lobby all night. Whereas, here most people had left/gone to their rooms at midnight. It was just a change of pace, but it was a good place to stay.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Travel Joy and that we made you feel welcome. Regarding the last call issue, unfortunately due to licensing laws in the UK and the fact that we are in a residential neighbourhood, there is nothing we can do about this. We too would love to party 24/7! Hopefully we will see you back at our hostel!

19th Sep 2016

I stayed here for 4 nights. I only booked one and then just kept booking because I liked how close it was to pimlico station as well as the convenience of a bar and restaurant on the first level. Breakfast was also good. Your typical carbs m and coffee but also meats and cheese which is a huge bonus in my eyes. The staff was also super friendly. The rooms and bathrooms were decently clean. I'd stay here again

• Portugal, Male, 41+
12th Sep 2016

The best hostel in London

• Wales, Female, 41+
12th Sep 2016
8.0

Newbie to the hostel stay.Can't fault it,great staff,fantastic breakfast and lovely travellers.Just my luck to stay at the hottest day in September on record haha.Rooms was very warm but nice and clean.Over all lovely place.

Thank you so much for leaving us such a nice review. We are thrilled to hear that Travel Joy was your first hostel experience - and that it was a good one! Lovely to know our staff made you feel welcome and that you appreciated our breakfast buffet! It was in fact a very warm week that we had - the hottest September in 100 years. We hope to see you back soon!

11th Sep 2016
7.4

The staff are really helpful and kind. The hostel is clean but the number of toilets is not enough, only 2 toilets for all people in hostel. the location is not near to center but close to train and bus. The free breakfast and drink are cool.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that the staff was able to help you and your comments have been shared with everybody! Regarding the toilets, the rooms on the first floor have en-suite bathrooms so this toilets are only for the second floor, but we will definitely take your experience into consideration as we are always trying to improve our facilities. We wish to see you back again soon at our hostel!

• ashleycharbonne
  • USA, Female, 18-24
10th Sep 2016

Great hostel! There are open mic nights every Friday and Saturday, salsa dancing lessons on Thursday, and beer pong on Wednesday - great ways to meet new people! The rooms were nothing special, but the beds were clean and decently comfortable. The breakfast was awesome and included omelettes, pancakes, and smoothies. The location is a 7 min walk from a tube station and the staff was funny and helpful. I would definitely stay here again if I return to London!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
7th Sep 2016
8.0

Overall, my stay was a great experience. Was a little put out with waiting for my room to be finished when I checked in. Especially considering everything closes in London at 6pm and I had expressed at my booking that I wanted to check in early. I was never notified that that would be an issue. My only other complaint is that it was very difficult to meet people. The location is a little out of the way, but great bus access! Very clean and I always felt safe, which was the selling point for me.

6th Sep 2016

We loved this hostel, but don't have much to compare it to yet, as this is the first hostel we have ever stayed in! We loved that the location was outside the craziness of the city, but still close enough to hop on the tube and get there in a few minutes. The staff was awesome, the free breakfast was great, and free sodas! The only issue was that the bathroom was upstairs and was kind of annoying to have to head up there to use it in the middle of the night, but we still loved our stay here! :)

Thank you so much for your review! It is really lovely to know you chose Travel Joy as your first hostel experience at that you enjoyed your time here. Your comments on the staff were shared with everybody - we were thrilled to hear them! Regarding your feedback on the toilets, we do know it is a little uncomfortable and will try to improve this in the future. Looking forward to see you back!

• Spain, Female, 41+
31st Aug 2016

Alojamiento pensado para gente joven o que se sienta joven. en nuestro caso fuimos dos familias con chicos adolescentes y acertamos cien por cien. La habitacion no es grande, pero tiene baño y dos duchas, y como solo se usa para dormir, no hay problema y ademas nos tocó con terraza exterior con vistas al Thamesis, no se puede pedir mas. En cuanto al desayuno PERFECTO Todos los trabajadores son jovenes muy atentos y dan un servicio fantastico. Y bebidas gratis es un punto muy positivo.