Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

everyone was great. I liked the curtains on the beds in the dorm. when I t there was a leak in the ceiling they were right on it!!!!! The music in the lounge, pub..is WAY TOO LOUD. the loud pub atmosphere does not promote interaction, along with internet. Nor could anyone play a guitar!!!!! way way too loud, the music. I have hosteled for over 40 years. and I met some great folks, some of whom are still friends because somethingwrong with this message box.

• 12th Oct 2014

I spent two nights at this hostel—hostel is a 10 minute walk to the nearest tube stop, although its fairly quick to everything from there, rooms had lockers, and the wifi worked was decent. The free breakfast was quite good, as well as the free soft drinks at the bar. The restaurant on site was tasty and affordable as well. The main gripes I had were the beds were a bit hard and springy, and unless I missed them, I only counted 4 showers for 9ish rooms. By London standards, it's a good place.

I've stayed in six hostels in London and this is by the far the best hostel! It's a good location, with an awesome pub downstairs, and fast wifi! They serve free drinks and coffee all day. The staff are fun, friendly and awesome. I've been back here several times and will continue to come back based on how nice the staff here are. I can't recommend this hostel enough! If you've got enough time, the staff can teach you Polish, Italian and Spanish (thanks Agata, Martina, and Melissa).

I stayed for four nights at Travel Joy, and found their rooms to be tightly packed, but the beds are comfortable enough (albeit pretty squeaky) and sheets are clean. While there are a number of shower stalls and shared sinks, there are only three toilets that serve two floors of dorms. That said, I only saw one instance where people had to wait for the toilet. Staff were friendly and helpful, and the common area (which doubles as a neighborhood restaurant and pub) were very comfortable.

lots of amenities - water jug on the floor with cups, breakfast good with some cooked to order options, security with CCTV and access card to get into accommodation area - luggage store very insecure however - shower awful with one foot of space between dirty, discolored shower curtain and outer door with only two small hooks for stuff to hang - no individual bed light - stayed in extremely cramped six bed dorm - bit of a trek to underground and not in the most exciting neighborhood

We loved staying at Travel Joy, the staff was very helpful, told us which bus to ride. I would stay there all over again. This was our very first hostel to stay at and try. It was awesome!

• 5th Oct 2014

The staff was nice when I got into the hostel. He told me everything about their hostel including the location , the transportation,even the spot view of London.Also help me to take my luggage The breakfast is great that you can also order omlet, the staff will make it for you. Dinks are free for all day when you stay in Travel joy hostel. Although the room is a little bit small ( 6 female room ), and must take more 8 mins to underground by walk, I still chose Travel Joy hostel next time i back.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our services. Be assured your nice words have been shared with the staff. Thank you for recommending us, we will be really happy to welcome you back again !

Excelent atmosphere and staff. The really help you ver much. The common room is a bar, where you can enjoy listening to music and meet others travellers. In my opinión, the only issue to improve is to have any facility in the dorms, like one plug por person, a table to put personal things and a dressing light. In the others stuffs are upper the average.

Thank you very much for your nice review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience at Travel Joy. Hope to see you soon back!

런던에 가면 보통 지하철을 많이 타게 되는데, 사실 버스 노선을 조금만 공부하면 버스가 훨씬 편리합니다. 그래서 이곳 호스텔은 바로 코앞에서 24번 버스를 타고 내릴 수 있어 매우 좋습니다. 24번 버스의 출발점이자 종점입니다. 아침식사 매우 푸짐하고 맛있고 침대와 욕실도 깨끗하고 좋습니다. 샤워용 대형 타올도 제공되고 보안도 좋습니다. 무엇보다 1층 바에서 저녁에 사먹을 수 있는 태국식 치킨, 소고기 볶음밥이 싸고 맛있으며, 투숙객에게만 제공되는 무제한 커피와 쥬스, 콜라 등이 있어 더욱 훌륭합니다. 템즈 강변에 위치한 '트래블 조이 첼스 호스텔' 적극 !! 추천합니다. 즐거운 여행 되시길 ^^

• 30th Sep 2014
  • South Korea
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Windows were left completely open so I had a pigeon almost fly into the room, as well as bees throughout my sleep. Staff are bartenders first, hostel worker second. A couple were professional, a couple made me feel like I was a complete inconvenience. Loud music all the time in the common room so its hard to talk. Bathrooms are spread out and scarce. Location is not near anything!

• 28th Sep 2014

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Sorry to hear we didn’t reach your expectations. Thanks again for your stay.

Very friendly staff, free drinks (non-alcoholic), great atmosphere. Would definitely stay again if back there.

Thank you so much for your great review, it goes a long way in encouraging and motivating us. We hope to have the opportunity to see you soon at Travel Joy!

Great place, great people, nice atmosphere. Rooms are a bit small, but average compared to other hostels in London. Breakfast was amazing and staff was very friendly. Just wish they had more bathrooms for the amount of people.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Travel Joy ! Be assured your review has been shared with the team! Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon!

not really close to underground station, helpful staffs, breakfast was excellent (thanks Alex). i hate the stairs. no elevator to carry our big luggages to room. i loved the restaurant near reception that served thai food. very nice pad thai and tom yum soup. well, overall we enjoyed staying there. many thanks

Great place to stay whilst visiting London. Super friendly staff and nice breakfast to start the day with.

Thank you for your nice review, we are glad to read you enjoyed your experience at Travel Joy! Hope to see you soon!

The staff was great, really helpful. Breakfast (free) was also excellent, and at nights you can get good food and drinks at the hostel bar, at very reasonable price. Location is ok, easily connected by metro or bus to main attractions and city centre. I would definitely stay at Travel Joy if I come back to London!

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at Travel Joy! It is always a pleasure for us to make sure our guests are having a good time in London. We will be glad to welcome you again !

The hostel is a short walk from Pimlico station. The staff is very friendly and helpful. A huge plus is the included soft drinks and breakfast with omlette bar. Great value for money.

Thank you for your great review, we are glad to read you had a good time at Travel Joy! Hope to see you soon !

The staff at this hostel are excellent. Really helpful with all questions about London, assisting with carrying luggage, and generally very friendly! Good breakfast, good wifi, computers (for a fee) and bar downstairs with couches to socialise. Main negative is the bathroom- too few for so many people, and nowhere to change clothes. Also, problem with booking system- I had to change beds 3 times in a 3 night stay which was frustrating. 14 bed dorm was cramped, but 10 bed dorm was more spacious.

Thank you very much, your positive feedback has been shared with the entire team. We are delighted to read you were satisfied by our services. We had indeed some problems with our system , we are really sorry you had to change rooms. Hope to welcome you back soon !

Very friendly place, great breakfast, location was a little away from the sights, but the bus ride was a nice way to see the city and it was right outside the hostel. Rooms can be a little cramped, but that's London. There could be more bathrooms sometimes there were people waiting. They need to work on not shuffling people to different rooms during their stay, but other than that great hostel! I would stay here again!

Thank you very much for your review, we are delighted to hear you had a good time at Travel Joy. Sorry if you had to change room or bed during your stay, we had a problem with our system. Thank you again for your stay and for recommending us!

I did send a comment before, it is a pity you didn't receive it. or??? the shower is hard to use. When you turn it to warm temperature, water flow become extremely heavy, flooded. If you turn it light, temperature is cold. It is most stupid shower system I have ever experience.

Thank you for your feedback. Indeed the UK system of the showers is a bit different, but we have signs in every bathrooms to explain how to use it. Sorry to hear you didn't appreciate it. Thanks again for your stay!

I stayed in an 8 person dorm that could only comfortably accommodate 6. It had privacy curtains, but I had the worst bed in the room, bottom bunk with only a foot of room to get into the bed b/c other bed was alongside mine. The bar was cool, came with free breakfast, which was good, though girl at omelet station seemed upset everyday. They gave free soft drinks, etc which was nice and even let you use the washer machine for free! But they charged me 1.5 pounds for a tiny bottle of water!

Thank you for sharing your experience at Travel Joy! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our bar area and breakfast, we do hope to welcome you again to give you a better impression of our accommodation. Thanks again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5