Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

Fabulous 3215 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 3215 Total Reviews

15th Aug 2017

Great in pretty much every aspect. They offer a nice breakfast, sheets and towels, pub included downstairs with activities during the night and to finish off great friendly staff. My only complaint would be the mattresses here need a change as my back suffered during my sleeping here. Ps. I stayed in 2 different rooms and mattresses were bad in both

13th Aug 2017

The staff and atmosphere of the hostel is great, with a full bar and restaurant, it is a fun place to have as a home base. Rooms were clean and lockers were good size, but the showers had very little water pressure during my stay.

• USA, Female, 25-30
9th Aug 2017

A great first hostel experience; I stayed here before and after the Bloodstock Festival, because it had good reviews and is walking distance from Victoria Coach Station. As someone who was looking to unwind/process after the festival, I appreciated that the downstairs bar/common area was good for both chilling quietly and socializing. The staff was very helpful and patient, the free breakfast was AWESOME and the Thai food smelled amazing in the evening. I'd love to visit again someday :D

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
31st Jul 2017

This hostel was a great choice for our trip to London. It is in a beautiful location with views of the river and was a great starting point for walking or biking around the city. Easy access to the iconic sites of Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and Buckingham Palace none more than a 15 minute walk away. The service was great and the free beverages was a fun addition. Additionally, free breakfast was great and even includes omelettes and smoothies, which were a great start to the day.

• USA, Male, 18-24
29th Jul 2017

Out of the many hostels I stayed at in my time in Europe, this was by far my favorite one. The staff was super friendly, had an awesome environment, and having free breakfast was super great. The location was very good also, just a 30 minute walk to some amazing sites and the bus goes right up to the building, for those times you don't want to walk. Overall this was a very nice hostel and I would definitely recommend to friends and family.

• mitchelldanderson6929
  • Canada, Male, 31-40
7.4

Pros: - The location was great and well connected to downtown. - Breakfast was included Cons: - Water pressure was non-existent. My shower constantly cut off and on as the water simply stopped. - In my short stay there I had a pair of expensive headphones go missing and the person on the bunk under me had his bag stolen. So despite there being cameras everywhere, security is an illusion and theft seemed common.

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We are glad to know our location was convenient for you and that you had a chance to enjoy our breakfast buffet. In regards to your concern about the security, it is very rare that we get reports from guests saying they're things have gone missing, even though it can happen as it is a hostel. We warn that you should pay close attention to your personal belongings. We do have cameras everywhere but inside the rooms for privacy reasons and will further investigate any issue we can. This said, we hope to welcome you again anyway!

• Slivka2
  • USA, Female, 25-30
27th Jul 2017

The good: free breakfast that includes yogurt smoothies, made to order omelettes, and coffee/tea. Right in front of a bus stop. Great WiFi. The bad: showers rarely worked, the dorm room did not have much air circulation and smelled awful, the bed felt like sleeping on rocks.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Travel Joy. We are really happy to know you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and that our location helped you get around town. On the other hand, please accept our apologies on the shower situation - we have been having some issues we're trying to solve asap. We hope to have the chance to welcome you again so we can give you an even better impression.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
27th Jul 2017

Staff was very friendly. I enjoyed that the hostels was also connected to a pub and lounge area which allowed you to mingle with others or sit in a sofa area to just relax and the use the wifi. They had a salsa night going on while I was there and were encouraging guests to dance! Showers were clean and private. Bedroom facilities were good as well. I forgot a UK charger converter for my North American phone charger and they were quickly able to accommodate me! Overall great staff and vibe!

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. It is lovely to know our staff was friendly and that our lounge helped you meeting fellow travellers. We definitely hope to see you back at Travel Joy soon!

22nd Jul 2017

I love this hostel. I've stayed here twice. One of my favorite things is the hot breakfast choices from the bar (omelettes, pancakes, smoothies, etc). The staff was so friendly and helpful too! I would definitely stay here again.

We are so glad to know you've already stayed with us before and chose to come back! It is great reading our staff is so friendly and helpful so we definitely can't wait to welcome you again in the near future.

21st Jul 2017

Fantastic staff, great atmosphere, comfortable rooms

Thank you for your review! We are super happy that you had an enjoyable stay, specially after reading our staff was fantastic! Look forward to welcoming you again soon.