9.0
Superb 2,713 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 2,713 Total Reviews
Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Located at 111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London.
England
London London SW1V 3LG 111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico
90% 2713
51.4854150 -0.1416099
    Rooms available

21st May 2016

Fantastic location, nice pub, and great staff. Recommended.

• USA, Female, 18-24
20th May 2016

First of all I want to thank and give a big shout out to the staff. Anyone reading this: the staff is so amazing. This was my very first stay at a Hostel and I grew up staying in resorts or five star hotels so I really had no idea what to expect. The staff was so welcoming and beyond helpful to any and all questions or just plane conversation too. The location? FANTASTIC! It's literally by all of the top "sights to see" within walking distance. Free non alcoholic beverages whenever you want.

• England, Female, 41+
20th May 2016

I was in London for a meeting and, in all honesty, I chose a hostel due to financial constraints. I will now, however, be returning to this one, and recommending it, because I know a good thing when I experience it! I arrived to be greeted by cheerfull staff who, despite serving a busy local pub, could not do enough to help. This is an old building, but spotless, with oodles of hot water and a towel plus fantastic breakfast included in the price. It's a good area and this deal doesn't get better

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
16th May 2016

Bus stop right outside which is key in London. Free juice/coffee/soda 24/7 but their coffee machine and laundry machine were broken. Free (and good) breakfast! Shower and sink in dorm room but no toilet. Large lockers for everyone. Earplugs at reception. I'd recommend this place, I liked staying here it was cute. Staff was very nice and accommodating, let us store our bags all day after check out.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a detailed account of your stay with us. We are delighted to know you could take advantage of our prime location to visit the sights and move around London. We did have one of our coffee machine out of order but our guest could still use our second machine. We are also lucky to have 3 laundry services located less than 10min walk from the hostel (in case our washing machines are giving us some troubles again.) We are happy to hear you will be visiting us in the future and we are also very encouraged for your compliments towards our service and our staff members. Thank you again and see you the next time!

• USA, Female, 25-30
15th May 2016

I loved the ambiance of the place. They also offer free omelettes and pancakes in the morning if you ask the front desk.. Best breakfast you can find at a hostel! Amazing cappuccino machine in the lobby available 24/7. My only complaint was the cleanliness of the floors in the rooms/bathroom. I had to brush my feet off before I got into bed. Other than that, amazing place with amazing food! Great value for the money. Also, bus line 24 picks up right out front and will take you up to Big Ben!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
10th May 2016

Great hostel with good access to transportation! Common areas make it easy to meet people. Would stay here again!!

9th May 2016

It was a well located well run Hostel with an outstanding set of staff who were refreshingly positive and always beaming with a smile. The arrangements were near perfect and the free breakfast was just what everybody wants. The only place where they can add points is in the area of providing a kitchen the absence of which was felt even though they had a pub cum restaurant running. Overall a joyful experience and I recommend it to everyone who needs a cozy place in the heart of London yet quiet.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review! We are very happy that the hostel and our amenities were of your satisfaction. Moreover, we are delighted to hear you have such warm memory of our staff. It goes a long way for all our team to know we have done good by you and that you have enjoyed yourself thoroughly. We appreciate your feedback on the fact we are missing a kitchen, as It is giving us always ideas for improvement. We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to London!

7th May 2016
8.0

Location is good, right on the river and about a 10 minute walk to the tube. Place is very laidback, good bar with a chill vibe at the base. Staff was a little standoffish but not terrible. Rooms were great, clean, lots of storage, plugs and curtains for each bed. Showers were decent, could have used more toilets. Overall had a good stay and would stay here again.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us your feedback about your stay at Travel Joy. We are delighted to know you liked our location as much as we do! We are very happy that the hostel and our amenities were of your satisfaction. We will be really happy to welcome you back in your future visit to London, to also give you a better impression of our team

4th May 2016

About 10 minutes from the Pimlico Tube and 20 from Victoria Coach. Relatively easy to find with good directions given by the hostel. Connection to Bus 24 practically in front of the hostel. Nice staff helped me with an item I needed printed. Cooked to order breakfast can be slow (omelet ordered at 7:30 arrived 7:50). Breakfast doesn't start until 7:30 am. Bed comfort not the best but okay. Pricey, but this is London, afterall. Free tea, coffee and soft drinks and breakfast are nice perks.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed account of your stay with us as this helps improving our customer service. Thanks a lot for your nice words towards our staff, we are glad to know you enjoyed your stay. Hope to welcome you back at Travel Joy in the future!

3rd May 2016

Clean toilets, rooms. Staff- friendly and good looking and chatty lasses but poor attendance, took them 45 mins to serve an omelette which was cold eventually. Theyd refill ur beer and charge u for it if they guess ur a bit tipsy. Finding the plug point was a treasure hunt. Would recommend, beautiful view from the balcony.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We greatly appreciate all comments made by our guests as it allows for continued improvement in that which is most important to us, our guest service. We are a bit confused on the event of the beer; obviously here no one is trying to take advantage of someone tipsy, sorry for the misunderstanding. All our staff members are volunteers and do this job for the love of it. We are glad to know that overall you have enjoyed your stay and thank you for recommending us.