Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

Great location, staff and breakfast!

Very good, so good I'll go there again in two weeks or so.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Chile

Enjoyed my stay, the hostel was a bit quiet (probably due to it being January). Not really centrally located, but it's easy to take the tube around London to get around. Recommend it if you're looking for a quieter and chill hostel. Free breakfast is a plus!

OUTSTANDING HOSTEL.......They are doing absolutely everything right at this place at the moment....and at about 10 quid a night it was a bargain to stay in this location....The young staff earned my respect for running such a slick friendly operation...My 3 days in London were great and I never used a bus/tube once because you can walk everywhere....I saved a fortune by not staying in a hotel which I then blew in all the bars and pubs....sweeeet....

Wonderful hostel! Toilets and showers in some rooms, not others. Free breakfast. Lots of activities like open mic night. Met some great people. Highly recommend!

• 10th Jan 2015

Nice staff

Id love to recommend u this hostel

A comfortable place, we enjoyed our stay. Didn't even want to g out every night; you get food and beer from hostel's bar. Free breakfast +++

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Finland

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful . They went out of their way to accommodate us and provided a lot of useful information about tourist attractions . We would definitely recommend a stay at travel joy .

• 5th Jan 2015

That was my first time in London and it was the perfect welcome from the hostel, the staff were amazing, really helpfull and chill, the location is in front of the bus stop, the facilities, the drinks, the food, the music, everything was just really good! If I go back to London I'll definitely book in Travel Joy, thanks a lot guys!

I enjoyed the stay, especially the free breakfast buffet ranging from toast to pancakes, which offered a good start to the day and a chance of getting to know other guests. The hostel is only a stroll away from Victoria Coach Station, the Tate Gallery and Westminster Abbey. The main drawback to me was the volume of music in the bar, which clashed with any incipient poetry in a writer's head and made it harder to communicate with guests with unfamiliar accents.

I liked the attention of the people working there were very professional

Nice location, not too long a walk from an Underground station and near to useful shops. Has everything you need, room was very hot and stuff at night though. Definitely the best things about this hostel are the very friendly staff and the awesome breakfast spread.

Although not as close to the subway, bus had the hostel door. What else bothered me and my daughter were the stairs (2 floors) and the difficulty to bathe. The showers were always busy. The breakfast is great! The rooms are very tight.

• 26th Dec 2014

Very nice location right on the bank of Themse river, fantastic friendly staff, very common area downstairs with cofee tea making machine anytime. I stayed on Christmas which means that a bit cold but we were given a heater, so it was ok. On 25th of December when its boxing day and all bars and cafes are closed we were offered a free lunch.I stayed in 8 mix dorm it had its own terrace, the only things to be improved is matresses as springs stack in my night and lamps is really necessary.

By far one of the best hostels I've stayed at so far. The atmosphere in the restaurant/bar downstairs was great (as was the food). The staff were exceedingly kind to me during my stay and even before it, particularly when my coach arrived at 4:40 in the morning instead of 7:30 and they let me hang out downstairs. I stayed in a 10-person room and had no problems; the room was nice, as were my roommates.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We were delighted to read your review and your comments which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. we are happy to learn from your comments that our facilities as well as all the staff at the hostel were able to make this a memorable stay for you. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon at Travel Joy!

could have better/cleaner toilets

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Croatia

I barely slept here. There were a number of people using the hostel as permanent or semi-permanent accommodation, fair enough but there is a siren on the door that is activated every time the door is not shut within seconds: this is most times the door is opened. The traffic noise is also very loud. The staff were friendly and the wifi signal was strong but the sleep quality is very low. Creaky, uncomfortable beds in the dorm were also a severe disruption to sleep.

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate all comments made by our guests, whether positive or for our development as it allows for continued improvement in that which is most important to us, our guest service. Hope to welcome you back soon to give you a better impression.

This has to be one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff are wonderful and always happy to help. It is pretty cool that everything is included in your room cost. There are no additional charges for linen, breakfast, printing, internet, non alcoholic drinks and salsa dance classes. Movies are played every night and the in house restaurant/pub are excellent. I loved staying here and was sad to leave. Will definitely come back next time I need a hostel in London.

Thank you for stay and for your great feedback. We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us, as our services and facilities. Our priority is to make sure our guests are having a good time with us and in London. We hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

I love it! Cheap, clean and funny people there!

• 9th Dec 2014

Thank you very much for your amazing feedback! Glad to hear you had a good time with us !!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5