Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

The hostel is a short walk from Pimlico station. The staff is very friendly and helpful. A huge plus is the included soft drinks and breakfast with omlette bar. Great value for money.

The staff at this hostel are excellent. Really helpful with all questions about London, assisting with carrying luggage, and generally very friendly! Good breakfast, good wifi, computers (for a fee) and bar downstairs with couches to socialise. Main negative is the bathroom- too few for so many people, and nowhere to change clothes. Also, problem with booking system- I had to change beds 3 times in a 3 night stay which was frustrating. 14 bed dorm was cramped, but 10 bed dorm was more spacious.

Very friendly place, great breakfast, location was a little away from the sights, but the bus ride was a nice way to see the city and it was right outside the hostel. Rooms can be a little cramped, but that's London. There could be more bathrooms sometimes there were people waiting. They need to work on not shuffling people to different rooms during their stay, but other than that great hostel! I would stay here again!

I stayed in a 6 bed mix dorm, en-suit shower. The bed and bathroom are great. They also have free towel! I love the fact that they have omelet for breakfast!!! and they also serve crape and smoothies. The only downside is the location, it is a bit far from underground, but everything are normally far away because it is a huge city in London! Anyway, they got a bus running 24 hrs just in front of the hostel, even though, you can'y rely on them sometimes because they don't have fixed bus schedule.

Best hostel in London so far. This hostel ia awesome and althoguh its location might not be the best you have bus line 24 that runs 24 hours and can get you to many places. My only complaint was that beds didn't have their own electric outlet and sometimes was very hard to charge my phone. Despite that I will certainly come back. Don't forget to check the food at the bar, it's awesome.

Fantastic hostel, probably not as up to date as some others I have stayed, but the staff where awesome!

• 14th Sep 2014

While very easy to get to from Heathrow, it is a bit of a hike to walk to from the nearest Tube station. It's in a nice part of town and I felt safe in the neighborhood, even on strolls at night. It's a decent place to stay (very old building) for the money, the complimentary breakfast and free soft drinks were good and much appreciated but I have to harp on something. I was only impressed with one or two of the staff--everybody else seemed to be a tad uninterested in helping us out.

Was alright - I did not get any sleep, as my bed was next to a window and the window next to a main road, but I think this was just my bad luck, I am sure there are room which are less noisy. The bedroom door was also impossible to close without making a huge noise which was a bit of a pain. I would not go again only because of this - same hostel but on a quiet road would be amazing!

Need to work on your booking system of shuffling people around. Otherwise, great place to stay.

This place is awesome! The staff and other guests could not be better. Marine, Agata and Melissa are so helpful and friendly. The atmosphere is very laid back and inviting. And the breakfast is delicious. Angela cooks breakfast every morning. I got omelets, pancakes and smoothies daily. For free. Oh and coffee and sodas are free all day. Guests get discounts on beer as well. Honestly - this place is the best.

• 7th Sep 2014

The bar and the service they provided was very good. Rooms could have been better (average english hostel), too many beds in a room and no window to open only big doors which wasn't convenient.

I've spent four days in Travel Joy Hostel in London. It's a really nice hostel, the main room with the bar is a good place to relax the evening, and they got cool music!

Definitely a good place to stay while in London for a few days! Location is convenient with Bus 24 running 24 hrs. The free breakfast buffet was fantastic and the wifi worked without a hitch even inside the room! The helpful staff made it even more lovely.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

Great hostel. 8 Minute walk to tube (or five minute bus). 24 hour bus outside the door. Delicious (free) breakfast with omelets, smoothies and crepes. Free (non-alcoholic) drinks are a plus. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Sometimes the shower lacked sufficient pressure, but only lasted a couple minutes that way (not a deal breaker). WiFi was always available and reliable. Right across the street from the river. Will definitely stay again!

The rooms were really cramped. Not much room to move around and little ventilation.

It was great, especially price, cleanliness, and kindness. However whenever I took the tube, it was a little bit uncomfortable.(Check the nearest underground station and calculate the time and distance. ) But next time, I'll stay there as well.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

one of the best hostels that I've been. Staff, Location and the atmosphere there are just awesome! Thanks

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Travel Joy. Your nice words have been shared with the entire team as this goes a long way in encouraging and motivating us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon at Travel Joy !

Lovely hostel with great staff and breakfast. The neighborhood is cool to explore. A bit far from a tube stop, but right on a bus and cycle station. Met some new friends and would go back!

Thank you sincerely for your feedback, we are delighted to learn from your review you were satisfied by our services and facilities. It is always a pleasure for us to make sure our guests are having a good time in London. We will be glad to welcome you again at Travel Joy.

It is not too centrally located (for a tourist) but it can very easily be reached by bus. The quality of the facilities and the work done by the staff are the highlight of this hostel.

Thank you for your nice review, we are glad you had a good experience at Travel Joy and you enjoyed our services and facilities. Your nice words have been shared with the entire team. Hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy.

I stayed in quite a few hostels in London and this is by far the best. The staff is so friendly and helpful, they immediately make you feel right at home! It is under a pub, which initially I was worried about, but actually makes a nice environment when there are always people there! The location is a bit dodgy to walk around at night, but perfectly lovely in the day! The showers are a bit dodgy (worth fixing up!), and they really need fitted sheets on the mattresses. Otherwise it was lovely.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5