Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

Great vibe, AWESOME food, comfortable beds, and a nice, fun, and very helpful staff. Only complaint is the single shower in a twelve person room. It didn't impact me much, but I could see it being an issue. Located a little bit of a hike from Pimlico tube station, but it's only one stop away from Victoria which pretty much connects you to the rest of London.

The staff were extreme pleasant and quite helpful. There were lockers for storage and a place to lock your bags even after checkout if needed. The free drinks were a very pleasant perk. However, there is no "quiet time", and the people with whom I shared the roomroom would come in around midnight, turn on the lights and continue socializing until well past one o'clock. Also, the shower stalls are quite cramped.

• 23rd Jun 2015

This was a really nice hostel to stay in, though the 12 bedroom dorm was pretty cramped. The beds were comfortable, and the staff was incredibly helpful. Breakfast was amazing as well. I felt really welcomed and secure. The bathrooms were a bit messy and I definitely would bring shower shoes, but overall I would stay here again. Be prepared to bike, walk, or take the tube to some of the sights (London Bridge), though very close to Buckingham (20 min walk). All in all, it was fantastic!

• 20th Jun 2015

This was my first time at a hostel and I really enjoyed it. The free breakfast and the reasonably (and tasty) food was enough to put this place above the rest but the atmosphere is what really got me. Walking in, this place had a relaxed fun open-mic night and the people were really good! The staff working were very genuine and sweet. I was in a 12 person room and everyone was very considerate. It was a good place to relax at the end of the day and to start off the day.

• 19th Jun 2015

The stay was great! I really enjoyed the free pancakes and the fact that it was above a pub, super neat! The beds were a little rickity, but that's because I was on the top bunk of the mixed room. There were plenty of bathrooms and showers, and free towels (definitely a plus!). Great location next to the bus, so really easy to get every where!! Thanks for a great stay!

It was good to be welcomed with a free cold drink as soon as I arrived. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. I would stay here again.

• 12th Jun 2015

Such an amazing hostel. Can't stress how great the location is, with a 24 hour bus right outside stopping at all the major locations. The bar was great to meet people as a solo traveller and very social. The only negative were the bathrooms which were very old and the shower didn't work great, didn't mind though because I was only there for the night.

Place was cool. Great staff. rooms a bit small but it was good for a few days.Bar was great. Atmosphere great. Breakfast great. Bring your own lock or get one there for a deposit. Bus stop in front of hostel takes you to main attractions.

• 5th Jun 2015

Hi there ! Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review following your stay at Travel Joy. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed our facilities and services! Your kind comment about the staff is most appreciated and will be shared with the entire team! Hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy!

i stayed in travel joy hostel for just 4nights, would loved to stay longer but i had to head on. the hostel is located perfectly in the Center next to the Buckingham Palace. the staff was amazing, they straight gave me a Feeling of home and made my stay speciall !! they will never let happen that you even get close to get bored. i graduate my first salsa dance class there with bravery hell yeah B) sadly i missed the beer pong, lucky you haha i hope we see us again one day. until then cheers

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Austria

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share a review on your recent stay ! We are hugely grateful to see you had rated us with a perfect score overall, thank you! You will have to come back for our Beer Pong, we will be really happy to welcome you back at Travel Joy !!!! Enjoy Lisbon and see you soon !

Great Pub, great atmosphere. Very easy to meet people. Bathrooms were adequate. No power at bunks, had to recharge in the pub.

Thank you very much for your stay and for this feedback !! We are glad to read you had a good time with us at Travel Joy ! You can indeed charge your phone at the bar area but also we do have some extensions that you can get from the reception for a £5 deposit and charge your phone in your room even if your bed is not close to a power point. Thanks again and we really do hope to welcome you back here soon !!

Location is ok - bit of a long walk from the Tube station and not too many lights on the walk home. However the bus stop is perfectly located - the 24 will take you all round the city to some of the biggest tourist destinations if you're into that. The pub downstairs is wonderful! It's great to unwind at open mic after a long day. Also, free gummies / soft drinks are a nice touch as well. The morning breakfast is lovely! Shower is either scalding hot or freezing cold - be ready! ;)

Thank you very much for your feedback ! We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us ! The bus 24 is indeed really good to get to the must see sights of London and runs 24hrs ! We are happy to learn that you had a good time during our open mic too ! Regarding our bathrooms, the uk system is a bit difficult, we do have signs to explain how our showers work but we will put more around to make sure everybody can get a nice and warm shower ! Hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !!

Lovely hostel on the bank of Themes with charming character. Good Tai restaurant downstairs. Rooms are small, but sufficuent and clean. Great value for money. Would highly recomend for short stay!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Travel Joy, it was a pleasure to have you with us. We are very happy to read that you had such an enjoyable stay! Thank you for recommending us! Hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !!!

Considering how expensive London is, this hostel is affordable and pretty great in what it offers. Staff is friendly, breakfast is included (with options of pancakes, omelettes and smoothies!) beds are pretty comfy, bar on the main floor. Bed light/padlock/adapter available for rent. The only thing I didn't like is its a decent trek to central London, but that's the reason it's a bit more affordable so you get what you paid for. Overall great hostel, definitely would recommend.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for recommending us !! We are so happy that you found the staff friendly and that you thought it was good value for money. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

My favourite hostel in London by far! Such friendly staff, amazing breakfast and great facilities (movie nights, free hot and cold drinks, linen and towels). Good location. Really good atmosphere, the Internet works really well and everything is really clean, I'll be back for my third stay next time in London!

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a nice review! We are super happy that you felt the good vibes here! Welcome to the Travel Joy Family and see you soon !!!!

Staff was awesome! The location is in a good neighbourhood and easy to reach the city center in 15 minutes by bus. I stayed a week and had a good time. Recommend to a friend a who went a week later. The bar on the ground floor has a good vibe. Breakfast is also good! I recommend it.

• 24th May 2015
  • Portugal

Loved this hostel. Would stay again.

Thank you so much for this awesome review ! We'll welcome you again with pleasure !!!!!! See you soon !

I really enjoyed my stay in London, and felt very welcome by your lovely staff the music and bands were really enjoyable and a perfect volume ! i feel very happy to recommend your hostel and thank you for the delicious stir fry and yummy breakers . Thank you so much to all your staff you should definitely pay them more !!!

• 22nd May 2015

It makes us extremely happy to receive such good feedback !! The entire team genuinely thank you for your nice words! We are very happy to hear that you had a great time! See you soon on your next visit to London!

It was amazing, the staff is really friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean although a little small but it still makes it worthy, the only thing that we didn't like was that the shower in our room had only hot/almost boiling water. The food at breakfast is great and the thai food is accesible and delicious

• 21st May 2015
  • Mexico

Thank you for this awesome review!! Sorry to hear you had some troubles with our showers, we do have some signs to explain how they work but we will check this to make sure it won't happen again. Thanks again and hope to have you with us again soon!!

We spent a night in a twelve mixed room, and we had a good time in this hostel. We had trouble finding the place, though, the directions are a bit confusing, we would have found it much sooner if we knew it was in a pub called King William IV. The atmosphere and the staff are really good, we enjoyed a meal at the restaurant and the breakfast was delicious. Loved the cozy sofas. Our only suggestion is adding small lights and some kind of small shelves in the bunk beds.

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. We are also very happy that you felt the friendly atmosphere that we do try to provide! Sorry to hear you struggled a bit to find us, we will try to improve even more our directions ! Thanks again and hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

The hostel was very close to Victoria Coach Station (15 minute walk) which was very convenient. The nearest tube station (Pimlico) is about 10 minutes away also which connects you to Victoria Underground, which helped us get around the city. Though the hostel was very noisy and the neighborhood is a little far out, it is nothing that can't be fixed with a day tube pass. Lockers were limited and there were only a couple of restrooms.

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience! Hope you'll be back at Travel Joy!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5