Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

This place is awesome! The staff and other guests could not be better. Marine, Agata and Melissa are so helpful and friendly. The atmosphere is very laid back and inviting. And the breakfast is delicious. Angela cooks breakfast every morning. I got omelets, pancakes and smoothies daily. For free. Oh and coffee and sodas are free all day. Guests get discounts on beer as well. Honestly - this place is the best.

• 7th Sep 2014

The bar and the service they provided was very good. Rooms could have been better (average english hostel), too many beds in a room and no window to open only big doors which wasn't convenient.

I've spent four days in Travel Joy Hostel in London. It's a really nice hostel, the main room with the bar is a good place to relax the evening, and they got cool music!

Great hostel. 8 Minute walk to tube (or five minute bus). 24 hour bus outside the door. Delicious (free) breakfast with omelets, smoothies and crepes. Free (non-alcoholic) drinks are a plus. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Sometimes the shower lacked sufficient pressure, but only lasted a couple minutes that way (not a deal breaker). WiFi was always available and reliable. Right across the street from the river. Will definitely stay again!

The rooms were really cramped. Not much room to move around and little ventilation.

one of the best hostels that I've been. Staff, Location and the atmosphere there are just awesome! Thanks

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Travel Joy. Your nice words have been shared with the entire team as this goes a long way in encouraging and motivating us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon at Travel Joy !

Lovely hostel with great staff and breakfast. The neighborhood is cool to explore. A bit far from a tube stop, but right on a bus and cycle station. Met some new friends and would go back!

Thank you sincerely for your feedback, we are delighted to learn from your review you were satisfied by our services and facilities. It is always a pleasure for us to make sure our guests are having a good time in London. We will be glad to welcome you again at Travel Joy.

It is not too centrally located (for a tourist) but it can very easily be reached by bus. The quality of the facilities and the work done by the staff are the highlight of this hostel.

Thank you for your nice review, we are glad you had a good experience at Travel Joy and you enjoyed our services and facilities. Your nice words have been shared with the entire team. Hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy.

I stayed in quite a few hostels in London and this is by far the best. The staff is so friendly and helpful, they immediately make you feel right at home! It is under a pub, which initially I was worried about, but actually makes a nice environment when there are always people there! The location is a bit dodgy to walk around at night, but perfectly lovely in the day! The showers are a bit dodgy (worth fixing up!), and they really need fitted sheets on the mattresses. Otherwise it was lovely.

One of the best hostels ever. The staff was amazing, breakfast was fabulous for a typical hostel and there is coffee and tea all day long. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I was only in London for one night.

This was my second time staying here and I'd stay again. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is good. The free breakfast is great. I would recommend Travel Joy to others.

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay at Travel Joy, we are delighted to hear once again you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recommending us and we do hope to welcome you again !

Great location if you want to be away from the hustle and bustle as its located along the embankment. Close walk to the underground and the #24 is steps away from the front door. Staff were welcoming and helpful.. also the hot breakfast and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks were a plus. The restaurant at the hostel was also great (yummy Pad Thai). Only downside was that there wasn't enough toilets and rarely got any pressure from the shower head. Other than that, a great hostel to stay in.

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and restaurant ! A guest having a good time in London with us is our main goal. Your nice words will be shared with the staff and our cook. Hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

What an amazing hostel!!! You really get the full London experience here. The building itself is beautiful and located only minutes away from major attractions. Bus stops right outside of the front door, and will take you to most key subway stations and tourist destinations. Bicycle station Is also located just outside. Great stuff, amazing breakfasts, clean rooms made my experice simply amazing.

• 11th Aug 2014

Thank you for your review. It is always a pleasure for us to receive an amazing feedback like yours. We are glad you were satisfied with our services and location. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon at Travel Joy !

A longer walk from the tube stations than is indicated. Breakfast was wonderful, and free soft drinks a plus! The room was stuffy in warm weather, and shower stalls quite small; only a small space (4"/10cm) between shower curtain and shower stall door.

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay in Travel Joy. Pimlico station is located 10 minutes walking from the hostel, the staff is giving free maps with the shortest way to the station. I hope the above did not detract too much from an otherwise enjoyable stay and we hope to welcome you again at Travel Joy !

Thank you for being so welcoming and helpful! Everything was clean, and the atmosphere was fantastic. Free hot breakfast was the icing on the cake. I really enjoyed my time, and I will most definitely be back in the future!

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review of Travel Joy! It is fantastic to hear you had a wonderful stay with us and found the staff to be courteous and helpful. It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, which serves as a great motivator for our team.

I had a problem with my flight and even being a late check in, it was possible to do so and the staff was reaaly kind! The only bad thing that I can say about the hostel is that there wasn't enough toilets for shower as it should have.

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay in our hostel and our 24/24 reception. We are sorry that our bathrooms facilities didn't reach your expectations. Please be assured that your comment about the staff has been shared with them as it is always a great motivator for the team. Hope to see you back soon at Travel Joy !

Great location with a bus at the front door and a Barclay Bike rack as well. Ten minute walk to the metro. Very comfy place to hang out when you're not out and about with good, affordable food as well. One of my favorite hostels during my recent travels to Europe.

Thank you very much for your super review. We are delighted to read you enjoyed our services and location. Please be assured that your comment has been shared with all the staff. Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon in our hostel.

We enjoyed our stay at this hostel, because of its friendly atmosphere.Eveything was uncomplicated.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback following your stay at Travel Joy. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our services and the atmosphere of the hostel. Hope to see you back at Travel Joy soon.

Great hostel except for the guests who stayed there. Very inconsiderate and kept banging the doors at early hours. Hostel should look into new doors so they don't swing shut loudly. Or put a sign up for guests. It should be common sense but obviously not for some. Bar downstairs was nice, but ppl were on phones so hard to interact. Same in the room. Bathrooms needed to be cleaned regularly. Great location. Staff really great, helpful and friendly. Overall really good hostel would recommend it.

Thank you sincerely for your feedback. Please be assured that your comment has been shared with all the team as this goes a long way in encouraging and motivating the team. We are sorry to read you were a bit disappointed by people always on computers or phones... At Travel Joy we are providing free fast wifi, maybe this is the reason. Thanks again for your review from all the staff and we hope to welcome you back soon !

Excellent service by the staff, in fact they are one of those hostels which i have stayed that looked after your every needs. They have all sorts of information available for people to read or plan their schedule in London while you can sit at their bar and order cheap pints or get the free drinks. My only 2 complaints are that some of the lockers in my room are unlockable as it was without the strap to lock it and the bath water pressure is a little small and the temperature is unpredictable.

Thanks a lot for your nice review. It is always a pleasure for us that our guests are having a good time in London. Regarding the temperature and pressure of the shower, we now put some indications inside the showers to explain how they are working, as our bathrooms have the British system. Please be assured your lovely feedback has been shared with all the staff. Hope to welcome you back soon at Travel Joy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5