Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

2083 Total Reviews

Excelent hostel. Totally recommended

It is the best hostel in that i have ever been. Excellent. The relation between quality and price is good. I'm completely satisfied.

• 29th Aug 2013
  • Mexico

This was my second stay here, and I was again very happy with my stay. Cleanliness was good at all times. There were extra towels in the shower rooms. There was an atmosphere of friendliness and consideration for others. I liked the idea of a film and popcorn after the bar closes. Great to have the free soft drinks. Allow 3 hours to use the washing machine and dryer. Very friendly and helpful staff. I had a good night's sleep. Great location by the Thames.

value for money, great place.

Loved everything except the passworded wifi! Just charge everyone an extra £1/day and make our lives easier!

One of my preferred hostel in London. Great staff, great facilities. There are tiny things that can make the life of any travellers easier: provided towel, soap and shampoo in the showers. The restaurant menu is good (pizza, Thai food). And you can even eat some pancakes baked on the spot for breakfast, all included. I spent a few days there between two accommodations and it made this uncomfortable situation very bearable.

Staff was very kind and service was nice~ 24 bus was very useful!!! If i travel again london, i will stay here^^

• 26th Aug 2013
  • South Korea

This place is alright, I'm not sure if it was just the people staying there at the time I was but I didn't really get a feel of easily meeting people as I was traveling solo. The staff are friendly and helpful and the downstairs bar is a nice old English pub. The rooms are very small but have lockers for your valuables. If you are looking for a party hostel or to meet people I'm not sure if I'd recommend but then again it could have just been the time I was staying there

very noisy being on the main road, other than that good location, staff was nice.

Chelsea is an great neighbourhood to stay in because it is a wealthier area and safe at night, however... there isn't much to do in terms of night life close by to the hostel. It is right outside a great bus route but you definitely can't walk to any good pubs or to pub crawls. On a positive note, the staff are friendly and helpful - they put us in a private room for our entire stay when they noticed we had one night booked in a 6 person room and 2 nights in a private room for no extra charge.

hostel excels on atmosphere and generally attentive staff. What lets it down is the facilities. Shower too hot with no cold water, cramped rooms which are in poort state of decoration. cheap bed and bedding. Place generally a health and safety nightmare. water machine not working upstairs. No real suprise to what you can find out online so I guess you won't generally mind. Plus's are being in a cheap pub, breakfast- omelettes and smoothies to order. Free soft drinks.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Wales

The staff were fantastic and extremely helpful when it came to getting around London. I would most definitely stay there again if I am in London.

• 16th Aug 2013

Nice and quiet hostel, with a pretty decent location and a nice view on the Thames river and Battersea power station... Staff are nice and the Bar and Breakfast area downstairs is cool, even though it was unfortunate it closes rather early at night.. :-/ All in all would certainly visit again :-)

• 15th Aug 2013

The Finn-Olli was super friendly, like the rest of the staff as well. Breakfast good, included to the price. the location was awesome, easy to take the bus to the downtown.

i had a wonderfull stay!

I really enjoyed my stay at the Travel Joy hostel. The rooms, however small, were clean, there was a plenty of room in the lockers to keep stuff, the staff was very helpful, and the additional perks (free drinks, concerts in the evening etc.) made the stay a lot of fun. The only little quibble was that there was not that many showers and toilets, so sometimes you'd have to wait a bit longer, but other than that, everything was great.

The location, breakfast, staff and it being a pub as well as a hostel makes it a really nice stay.

I could not have been more impressed with my check-in service. It was better than my recent 4 star hotel experience. The dormitory was a normal hostel dormitory, meaning that we slept in bunks with 10 people to a room, but the atmosphere was good and everything was correct and clean. The bathrooms surpassed my expectations for cleanliness. The breakfast included was cooked to order crepes or omelette, I was amazed. Excellent hostel and value for money.

• 11th Aug 2013

Loved the friendliness of my dormmates, the staff were helpful and cheerful, the location was fantastic (above a pub and a bus stop was right in front), felt completely safe, the breakfast was a fantastic variety and started at a great time. Wifi was free for first 30 mins and then only £1 for the whole day. Hope to stay there again, I absolutely loved it!!

The gentleman above me brought a girl home with him and they hooked up on the bunk on top of me. You couldnt sit up on the bottom bunk. Other than that it was a great deal.