Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

This is the nicest hostel I've ever stayed at! Showers and bathrooms in the rooms were exquisite. Staff was very friendly, and the atmosphere in the bar/lobby is great! I LOVED the free drinks. Extremely clean, nice and quiet in the rooms, lots of locker space, and my favorite--curtains on the bottom bunks for extra privacy/darkness! Only downfall: ten minute walk from the Pimlico tube station--but even that's not very bad. Nice part of the city. Gorgeous view of the river. Totally worth a stay!

• 19th Dec 2013

Thank you for your stay with us and for your review. Happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in Travel Joy Hostels!

Me and my daughter liked Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea, very much. Excellent location because it is in front of bus 24 stop, that gives acess to many places in London and runs all day and night. Excellent location also because near the river. Besides several separate showers and wc, we also find a shower and a wc in the same room. We will return here with "joy"! Breakfast was ok but some other hostels have more variety. You need to go upstairs to reach the rooms, there is no lift.

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Portugal

Thank you for your review! Hope to see you back with us soon!

Excellent common room & pub, rooms were clean and so were bathrooms. Extremely nice and helpful staff. Good locker service. Very well connected to city centre.

• 15th Dec 2013

Glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your stay and your review!

Too expensive for a hostel, but that's London in general. The room was a bit cramped, accomodating more people than it should. So much that one of the lockers was inside the ensuite bathroom. The bathroom also had its share of problems, like some detached planks on the floor. On the bright side, the bus stop right on the door was of great help for exploring the city, but there was not many places to go within a walking distance. And it was a nice touch of them offering free drinks.

This hostel is absolutely a good choice if you want to stay in central London; the bus stop for line 24 is in of the hostel and it brings you almost everywhere (even just closer to the tube station if you're lazy as me :D). The staff is really friendly and helpful; the rooms are clean but pretty small. The atmosphere is good but not as good as told in other reviews; the free breakfast is ok (pancakes are not always available). Best hostel I've ever been in London

Thank you for your review. Happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you back with us sometimes!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in.

• 8th Dec 2013
  • South Africa

Thank you for your review! Glad to read that you liked staying in our hostel. Hope to see you soon!

“Everything was perfect! Just one problem with a lady in the bar.. She was always angry and rude.. She is the one with a lot of tattos.. And this is why i will not recomend the place.”

We are really sorry to read you had a misunderstanding with one of our staff; each member of the team likes to interact with our guests and make sure they have a good stay. Thank you for this review and we hope to see you back someday to give ourselves another chance to make you enjoy your stay 100% this time.

Was a bit tough walking here from Victoria station with a suitcase but I was welcomed very warmly by staff and shown to my room which was a nice touch. Having the discounts in the pub and restaurant was great so I didn't have to go searching as I arrived around dinner time and the rooms were lovely and clean (a pity about the guy snoring like a tractor all night!)... breakfast was the best I've ever had in a hostel - pancakes/omelettes and smoothies! Awesome!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in one year of travelling, really great place. Perfect location and bus 24 right out the front is super handy. Free breakfast includes pancakes, smoothies and omelettes! And given all the great things here no one can reasonably complain about paying one pound for 24hr wifi.

Thank you for your nice words and your review!

Bit of a walk from the nearest tube station but in a nice safe location. Dorm room was a little cramped but that would be my only minor complaint. Liked the pub downstairs at night........

Probably the only hostel with personalized service where the staff shows each guest around. Very welcoming atmosphere. Definite benefits: free soft drinks, cheap spirits, continental in the morning with omlettes, shakes and fresh croissants. Great place to try your foot in singing or comedy during open mic or even take up Salsa classes. Many thanks to Marie, Tatiana, Nicole for excellent service, Davide for long midnight conversations and Eddie for organizing home cinema with heaps of popcorn.

• 25th Nov 2013
  • Poland

We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We are trying our best to make your stay an amazing time and it’s always a pleasure to read a review like yours. Hope to see you soon in our hostel. Thank you!

Very nice staff, very cosy atmosphere.

Thank you for your review from all the staff!

Very good location, quiet and well connected by bus (even in the night)!!! Room and toilet are clean and staff is good. Plus...very cheap for be in London!!!

Great little spot, all of the staff are super friendly and if you ask for anything they will be more than happy to help. Close to the tube and plenty of shops to get the essentials. Will stay here again for sure!

A big thank you from the staff, it’s always a pleasure to help our guests and make their stay as good as they expect. Have a safe journey!

Location wasn't amazing as it wasn't in the heart of london but there is heaps of public transport nearby to get around. rooms were quite cramped but bar downstairs was good. good atmosphere.

Thank you very much for your review. As you said, we do have the 24bus right in front of the hostel which takes you straight to the centre in 20 min. We are also located at 8-10min walk from Pimlico Station. We are gad to read that you enjoyed our bar downstairs and the atmosphere in the hostel. Thank you!

I love the bar.. Nic atmosphere, Nice hostel..

Hi, thank you very much for your review, happy to read that you had a good time with us! :)

Will be back

Always nice to hear, thank you!

The staff was great, very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the omelettes for breakfast too. I will be be back thanks.

Thank you very much for your review! See you soon then!

What a fantastic hostel! Location is great,there is a bus stop outside to take you anywhere in central London! Coming back to the hostel at night was a breeze. Breakfast was excellent,despite the rude ( German?) girl making omelets. However they ran out of ingredients almost an hour before the breakfast time is over. Poor planning or the german girl just didn't want to make anything? Otherwise, the atmosphere is warm and friendly. Free soft drinks and tea/coffee all day is great!

First of all thanks a lot for your review! We are really happy to read that you had a good stay with us! The person during breakfast had a better training and is not running out of ingredients anymore, sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

I will definitely return if I come to London again. The experience at this hostel was vastly superior to my previous hostel experiences...better value, staff, atmosphere, etc. I only stayed one night, but wish that I could have stayed more.

• 7th Nov 2013

Really nice review, it’s always a pleasure to know that our guests are leaving the hostel with good memories! It would be a real pleasure to see you back with us someday! Thank you.