Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

Great place, great people, nice atmosphere. Rooms are a bit small, but average compared to other hostels in London. Breakfast was amazing and staff was very friendly. Just wish they had more bathrooms for the amount of people.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Travel Joy ! Be assured your review has been shared with the team! Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon!

not really close to underground station, helpful staffs, breakfast was excellent (thanks Alex). i hate the stairs. no elevator to carry our big luggages to room. i loved the restaurant near reception that served thai food. very nice pad thai and tom yum soup. well, overall we enjoyed staying there. many thanks

Great place to stay whilst visiting London. Super friendly staff and nice breakfast to start the day with.

Thank you for your nice review, we are glad to read you enjoyed your experience at Travel Joy! Hope to see you soon!

The staff was great, really helpful. Breakfast (free) was also excellent, and at nights you can get good food and drinks at the hostel bar, at very reasonable price. Location is ok, easily connected by metro or bus to main attractions and city centre. I would definitely stay at Travel Joy if I come back to London!

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at Travel Joy! It is always a pleasure for us to make sure our guests are having a good time in London. We will be glad to welcome you again !

The hostel is a short walk from Pimlico station. The staff is very friendly and helpful. A huge plus is the included soft drinks and breakfast with omlette bar. Great value for money.

Thank you for your great review, we are glad to read you had a good time at Travel Joy! Hope to see you soon !

The staff at this hostel are excellent. Really helpful with all questions about London, assisting with carrying luggage, and generally very friendly! Good breakfast, good wifi, computers (for a fee) and bar downstairs with couches to socialise. Main negative is the bathroom- too few for so many people, and nowhere to change clothes. Also, problem with booking system- I had to change beds 3 times in a 3 night stay which was frustrating. 14 bed dorm was cramped, but 10 bed dorm was more spacious.

Thank you very much, your positive feedback has been shared with the entire team. We are delighted to read you were satisfied by our services. We had indeed some problems with our system , we are really sorry you had to change rooms. Hope to welcome you back soon !

Very friendly place, great breakfast, location was a little away from the sights, but the bus ride was a nice way to see the city and it was right outside the hostel. Rooms can be a little cramped, but that's London. There could be more bathrooms sometimes there were people waiting. They need to work on not shuffling people to different rooms during their stay, but other than that great hostel! I would stay here again!

Thank you very much for your review, we are delighted to hear you had a good time at Travel Joy. Sorry if you had to change room or bed during your stay, we had a problem with our system. Thank you again for your stay and for recommending us!

I did send a comment before, it is a pity you didn't receive it. or??? the shower is hard to use. When you turn it to warm temperature, water flow become extremely heavy, flooded. If you turn it light, temperature is cold. It is most stupid shower system I have ever experience.

Thank you for your feedback. Indeed the UK system of the showers is a bit different, but we have signs in every bathrooms to explain how to use it. Sorry to hear you didn't appreciate it. Thanks again for your stay!

I stayed in an 8 person dorm that could only comfortably accommodate 6. It had privacy curtains, but I had the worst bed in the room, bottom bunk with only a foot of room to get into the bed b/c other bed was alongside mine. The bar was cool, came with free breakfast, which was good, though girl at omelet station seemed upset everyday. They gave free soft drinks, etc which was nice and even let you use the washer machine for free! But they charged me 1.5 pounds for a tiny bottle of water!

Thank you for sharing your experience at Travel Joy! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our bar area and breakfast, we do hope to welcome you again to give you a better impression of our accommodation. Thanks again!

This hostel was the best thus far. Although the noise from the doors opening and closing was never ending was never ending and brutal in the morning, the free ear plugs were a godsend. I felt very comfortable there and think I definitely got value for my money- which is a rare case in London!

• 21st Sep 2014

Thank you very much for your nice review! We are delighted to hear you had a good experience at Travel Joy! Thank you for recommending us and hope to welcome you again at our hostel!

The hostel is very easy to reach with bus 24. It is the last stop so you never miss the stop. All day free soft drink is awesome. Omelette and Pancake for breakfast is a plus. Staff is very friendly and helpful except a women who make omelette, she always make sad and pissed off face all along my stay! She must have some problems, hope she get well soon. Cheers!

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Thailand

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to welcome you soon at Travel Joy!

I stayed in a 6 bed mix dorm, en-suit shower. The bed and bathroom are great. They also have free towel! I love the fact that they have omelet for breakfast!!! and they also serve crape and smoothies. The only downside is the location, it is a bit far from underground, but everything are normally far away because it is a huge city in London! Anyway, they got a bus running 24 hrs just in front of the hostel, even though, you can'y rely on them sometimes because they don't have fixed bus schedule.

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay at Travel Joy. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and the atmosphere of the hostel. London is a huge city but thanks to the bus 24 we are close from almost everything. This bus runs every 10minutes during the day, 15-20minutes during the night. Glad you enjoyed your time in London, hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

Best hostel in London so far. This hostel ia awesome and althoguh its location might not be the best you have bus line 24 that runs 24 hours and can get you to many places. My only complaint was that beds didn't have their own electric outlet and sometimes was very hard to charge my phone. Despite that I will certainly come back. Don't forget to check the food at the bar, it's awesome.

Thank you very much for your nice feedback! Hope to see you soon at Travel Joy!

Fantastic hostel, probably not as up to date as some others I have stayed, but the staff where awesome!

• 14th Sep 2014

Thank you for your feedback, your comment goes a long way in encouraging and motivating the team. Hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

While very easy to get to from Heathrow, it is a bit of a hike to walk to from the nearest Tube station. It's in a nice part of town and I felt safe in the neighborhood, even on strolls at night. It's a decent place to stay (very old building) for the money, the complimentary breakfast and free soft drinks were good and much appreciated but I have to harp on something. I was only impressed with one or two of the staff--everybody else seemed to be a tad uninterested in helping us out.

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay at Travel Joy. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our free breakfast and soft drinks. Our priority is to make sure our guests are having a good time with us and in London.We hope to see you back with us to give us the opportunity to make it better next time. Thanks again for your feedback.

I was only here one night, but it was very comfortable and friendly. The common room was very social and staff helped to facilitate this. It was loud until late at night, but if a hostel is above the bar you expect that!

Thank you very much for your feedback, hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy!

Was alright - I did not get any sleep, as my bed was next to a window and the window next to a main road, but I think this was just my bad luck, I am sure there are room which are less noisy. The bedroom door was also impossible to close without making a huge noise which was a bit of a pain. I would not go again only because of this - same hostel but on a quiet road would be amazing!

Thank you for your feedback, sorry to hear about the noise, we do hope the above didn't stop you to have a good time with us!

Need to work on your booking system of shuffling people around. Otherwise, great place to stay.

Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear you had to change room or bed during your stay, but glad the above did not detract you too much from an otherwise enjoyable stay. We hope to welcome you again at Travel Joy!

This place is awesome! The staff and other guests could not be better. Marine, Agata and Melissa are so helpful and friendly. The atmosphere is very laid back and inviting. And the breakfast is delicious. Angela cooks breakfast every morning. I got omelets, pancakes and smoothies daily. For free. Oh and coffee and sodas are free all day. Guests get discounts on beer as well. Honestly - this place is the best.

• 7th Sep 2014

Thank you so much for your nice words. It is always a pleasure for us to receive amazing feedback like yours. Please be assured that your comment about the staff has been shared with them. Hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

The bar and the service they provided was very good. Rooms could have been better (average english hostel), too many beds in a room and no window to open only big doors which wasn't convenient.

Thank you for your feedback. Glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and bar area. Hope to welcome you back soon !