Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

Great hostel overall! Staff were helpful, it had a great vibe, and free cooked breakfasts were a nice bonus. Would definitely stay here again!

Thank you for your stay and your review! Glad you enjoyed the atmosphere of our hostel!

No more words to say, just brilliant!

• 18th Jun 2014

Thank you for your review and your stay with us!

Great hostel! Conveniently located only a small walk to Big Ben, the river Thames is across the street. The Boris bikes have a stand right out the front of the hostel and there is a 24hr bus stop right out the front that goes right through the middle of the city and up to Camden as well. Staff are excellent! They are all helpful and the atmosphere downstairs in the pub is great.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. Really great atmosphere in the king William iv downstairs. Very good experience overall and I would go back to this hostel again. It was a bit annoying that there was no paper towel in the bathroom or a dryer for your hands.

Glad to read thay you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your review! We do have hand tissues in the toilets and bathrooms, hidden in the dispensers ;-)

Staff is great, super-friendly. Great free breakfast, Eggs! Pancakes! Common area/pub/restaurant downstairs. Food was good. No kitchen, but still had a microwave. Walking distance to Big Ben, Westminster, Buckingham, etc. Nice showers, comfy mattresses, big big lockers. Wifi is a pound a day, which at the end of day is still cheap considering this is a cheaper place to stay. Beer is very reasonably priced. Pub stops serving at 11 pm though, due to city zone. Met variety of cool people here.

Thank you for your review! Glad to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel! Hope to see you back with us soon!

The staff is exceedingly friendly and helpful. They were definitely the best part of this hostel. I stayed in a room with 10 beds, so it was a bit crowded with several people making noise late into the night, but suppose that's to be expected. The bar area downstairs is great-- nice that they serve free softdrinks to guests all day long. Only half-hour free wifi, then costs 1 GBP after that.

Lovely hostel, chilled out atmosphere. Staff are very friendly and helpfull.

Thank you for your review! Hope to see you back in our hostel soon!

Loved this hostel, extremely friendly and helpful staff. The free drinks were a great bonus !

Amazing place! On the river Thames, close to Big Ben in a very posh quarter!!!

What a great spot! I stayed 5 nights with my 20yr old daughter & 16yr old son. This was a fantastic 'home base' for us as we wandered around London. The bus stops right out front, the neighborhood is quiet. The hostel staff are all helpful and constantly cleaning. I would *absolutely* stay here again.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel! Lots of freebies: free maps, free drinks, free breakfast, 30 minutes free wifi (after which it was only 1 pound for 24 hours!). There was a spacious common room where you could relax and meet new friends. I would definitely go back!

Great location with central bus stopping at the door and a tube station five mins away. The staff were very friendly and helpful, they also speak several languages. Breakfast is included and even though i'm not a breakfast person myself it was plentiful and delicious. Big lockers on the room and padlock rent is available. I'll definitely stay here again!! :)

• 8th Jun 2014

The staff were so nice and helpful and the location of the hostel is pretty convenient since there's a bus stop right by the hostel. I loved the open mic night and the vibe of the place. The bar closes at 12 and only allows guests to be inside which is great for those who wanted a good night's rest, but for those looking for a aprty they'd probably move to another place once the bar is closed. Really enjoyed my stay here!

Travel joy is a really nice choice to stay in London. The location is quite convenient with the bus. The staff are so kind and helpful, and the breakfast was excellent! The only problem is that there is no space to using hair-dryer out of the room while other roommates were going to beds. Otherwise the experience at Travel joy was quite good!

• 1st Jun 2014
  • RitzTu
  • Taiwan

The facilities and the location was excellent. I was able to get to all the Tourist sites easily as well as returning back to the Hostel by taking the #24 Bus. The breakfast was good and the WIFI was very handy in helping me to contact my family members. All in all an enjoyable stay.

• 31st May 2014

I was only here briefly for one night, but this hostel more than suited my needs. Breakfast was included, with omelets and smoothies as nice options. Would stay here again.

Great hostel!

such a unique place and great location

No complaints. Very helpful staff that explain the public transport. Hostelers here weren't big Europe travelers, which was kind of disappointing. Pretty expensive food downstairs so I'd keep that in mind. I'd definitely go back.

I wish I had something nice to say about this hostel as when its recommended by hostelworld its usually pretty good. On this occasion it was not with all the bunk confusion in our dorm and when talking to the staff they were unhelpful and rude (sorry but bunk shifting when paying for 6 nights is not the norm) The cleanliness of the hostel was awful and the worse I had seen on this trip. They seemed more interested in partying at the bar than actually working.

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay as much as we would have loved to. Some other guests have been changing beds without telling the staff during your stay, that is why there has been some confusion unfortunately. We always try to provide the best customer service possible and guests are usually satisfied about it, we would really be happy to have you back with us sometimes to make it better.