Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

1988 Total Reviews

Of all the hostels I have stayed in, by far the most uncomfortable beds. I don't think I have ever actually felt springs quite like that in my back all night. And there were far too many beds for the size and layout of the room. That being said, excellent staff, great atmosphere, fantastic breakfast, awesome central location to London.

I had a great stay at the travel joy hostel! Nice atmosphere, great staff, clean and safe hostel, great food, I had a really good time!

Spend 2 nights in 8 dorm. Nice atmosphere and comfortable space around bar. Mind the gap between bunk-bed and wall if it's arranged upper step.

• 10th Feb 2014
  • Japan

They served many free drinks. That was good.

• 9th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

The atmosphere in the hostel is just amazing! Starting from the internal design, going through the AMAZING staff and I also need to mention the awesome breakfast. I never eat an omelette like theirs. The people working at the hostel are always nice and help you with everything. Specially Felipo, with a lot of good tips. I had an awesome time at Chelsea and would totally recommend to my friends.

Great and friendly staff, good environment.

Overall was Ok but there was part of the staff really rude (there was a spanish girl with really bad mood to attend).

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you for your review. We are surprised to read that you had a bad experience with one of our staff as we pay a lot of attention to guests and are always happy to help our guests to enjoy their stay in London as much as we can, we would be glad to see you back with us to reach your expectations. Thanks again for your feedback.

Best hostel in London that I've stayed in. Rooms were small but had nice big lockers, breakfast is good with the regular stuff as well as smoothies and omelettes. Free soft drinks, tea, coffee, juice etc all day is super nice and good wifi. Staff were really nice. Would recommend!

• 24th Jan 2014

Thank you for your feedback and your stay with us, we are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in London!

Nice hostel. No kitchen...great staff and location.

My friend and me stayed in for 4 nights. Very clean rooms, good showers. The breakfast was great, unlimited soft drinks (coke, coffee, tea, orange juice...), the personal is so nice and multi-languaged. Good place, Bus stop in front of the hostel (24h bus), 7min for the subway station (Pimlico). The best youth hostel i've ever seen!

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you back with us soon!

The bar downstairs is terrific for relaxing and meeting people. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Atmosphere is youthful but inclusive of all ages and I felt very at ease as a solo traveller of 50. The dorm room experience is what you can expect anywhere in London: as many beds as possible squeezed in to make a buck. TravelJoy is no different in that respect. But in every other way - including a delicious breakfast! - they're a cut above the rest. I highly recommend this hostel.

Thank you for your review and for recommending our hostel, we are always happy to make our guests enjoy their stay in London, we hope to see you back soon!

Good atmosphere and good people and good homelette!!!!I had just invite many friends to host in that hostel if they spend holiday in London

• 16th Jan 2014

Thank you for your review! Your friends are more than welcome to stay in our hostel, we will make sure they have a great experience in London!

I stayed at a number of hostels while abroad this time, and Travel Joy Chelsea was my absolute favorite. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the sheets and floors are clean, bathrooms are decent, and the price is right. The bus stops right out in front and the bar shuts down to the public at midnight, but remains open to hostel guests. Breakfast is awesome, and they'll even send you away with a breakfast bag if you're in a rush. Kind, warm, welcoming, and comfortable...and affordable!!!

• 13th Jan 2014

Thank you for your detailed review and for enjoying your stay in our hostel!

Great Staff, Great place, the location is perfect since you have the 24 Bus line right at the front door which crosses London. Great breakfast in the morning!

Thank you for your feedback! Happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you back with us soon!

The hostel is the best ive been to.

• 11th Jan 2014

I never used the bed as I just checked in to use the shower and change clothes and use the luggage storage facility whilst i went to a interview. Everything was fine from what I saw,, showers were hot, clean and spacious and all rooms had locks and the luggage facility was free and secure.

• 8th Jan 2014

Thank you for your review. Hope that you come back with us sometimes to enjoy a full stay in our hostel!

Loved everything about this place with the exception of the bathroom which obviously had some work in progress. The basin was held up by a piece of wood and the lights didn't work. Luckily there was a street light right outside. The atmosphere was a little like an Amsterdam bar. I'll come back when I can.

• 7th Jan 2014

haha this place is great. the bus stop is literally outside and its a big red bus too so, mad. Not too far from Pimlico either. Definitely go to the fish and chips store in the area, cheap and great. but this hostel is fun! met fun people the staff are mad too! Omlettes for breakfast are greaaaat. no 'free' wifi really but whatever. I can't remember his name but there was I think an Italian guy who worked there, SUPER helpful and lovely guy, helped me cut my lock that i stupidly lost the key to.

The staff were nice & it was cheap. I arrived late but had contacted the hostel to get the codes to get in. The directions didn't say how long the walk from the coach station was & as it was after 1am, I was a bit worried but managed to find it ok. Got up to the room & found my bed with clean, albeit torn, linen. I was sleeping right next to a cracked window. I know with hostels you don't get the best. I think they need to do some renovations: update the bunk beds & make some repairs.

• 3rd Jan 2014

Thank you for your review. This broken window is being replaced, we apology for the inconvenience. Thank you for your review and hope to see you back with us soon.

It was a pleasant stay in a very safe area. I only was there for a day but there were many people moving around from room to room which i didnt like but other than that. there's a bus outside, train station close by.

• 31st Dec 2013