Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

Top-notch hostel, among the best I've ever been at. Good location, great staff, great atmosphere. Only wish it wasn't so expensive at the weekends.

Thank you for stay and for your great feedback. We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us, as our services and facilities. Our priority is to make sure our guests are having a good time with us and in London. We hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

The best Hostel I've ever stayed at. Will certainly return.

Thank you for your review and for recommending us! We will be really happy to welcome you again soon !

I checked in at night time and when staff took me up to the room- my bed was not made and it was not ready. That was inconvenient. The room itself also had a bad smell to it. Other than that the staff was very nice, it was a good atmosphere given the bar downstairs and the location was perfect with a bus that ran all day and night conveniently outside of the hostel.

everyone was great. I liked the curtains on the beds in the dorm. when I t there was a leak in the ceiling they were right on it!!!!! The music in the lounge, pub..is WAY TOO LOUD. the loud pub atmosphere does not promote interaction, along with internet. Nor could anyone play a guitar!!!!! way way too loud, the music. I have hosteled for over 40 years. and I met some great folks, some of whom are still friends because somethingwrong with this message box.

• 12th Oct 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Travel Joy! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! We will take your comment about the music into consideration for the future. Thanks again and hope to see you back soon!

I spent two nights at this hostel—hostel is a 10 minute walk to the nearest tube stop, although its fairly quick to everything from there, rooms had lockers, and the wifi worked was decent. The free breakfast was quite good, as well as the free soft drinks at the bar. The restaurant on site was tasty and affordable as well. The main gripes I had were the beds were a bit hard and springy, and unless I missed them, I only counted 4 showers for 9ish rooms. By London standards, it's a good place.

First of all, thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted you were satisfied with our facilities and services. We do have indeed 4 showers located in our second floor, but they are for the second floor only, rooms located in the first floor have they own bathrooms. Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again!

I've stayed in six hostels in London and this is by the far the best hostel! It's a good location, with an awesome pub downstairs, and fast wifi! They serve free drinks and coffee all day. The staff are fun, friendly and awesome. I've been back here several times and will continue to come back based on how nice the staff here are. I can't recommend this hostel enough! If you've got enough time, the staff can teach you Polish, Italian and Spanish (thanks Agata, Martina, and Melissa).

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Travel Joy! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We will take your comment regarding the music into consideration for the future. Thanks again and hope to see you soon back at our hostel!

I stayed for four nights at Travel Joy, and found their rooms to be tightly packed, but the beds are comfortable enough (albeit pretty squeaky) and sheets are clean. While there are a number of shower stalls and shared sinks, there are only three toilets that serve two floors of dorms. That said, I only saw one instance where people had to wait for the toilet. Staff were friendly and helpful, and the common area (which doubles as a neighborhood restaurant and pub) were very comfortable.

Thank you very much for your feedback! The bathroom located in the second floor are for the second floor only as the rooms of the first floor have their own bathrooms. Thanks again for your stay!

lots of amenities - water jug on the floor with cups, breakfast good with some cooked to order options, security with CCTV and access card to get into accommodation area - luggage store very insecure however - shower awful with one foot of space between dirty, discolored shower curtain and outer door with only two small hooks for stuff to hang - no individual bed light - stayed in extremely cramped six bed dorm - bit of a trek to underground and not in the most exciting neighborhood

Thank you for your feedback! Hope to welcome you back soon to give you a better impression of our services and facilities !

We loved staying at Travel Joy, the staff was very helpful, told us which bus to ride. I would stay there all over again. This was our very first hostel to stay at and try. It was awesome!

• 5th Oct 2014

A big thank you from the entire team for your nice review. Hope to welcome you back soon !

Overall, great hostel. It's in Pimlico, which isn't really close to any major attractions at all, but is right next to a bus stop, and this bus goes by the major government buildings, Picadilly Circus, all the way up to Camden Town. The common area next to the bar has lots of comfy couches, and the rooms and toilets are nice and clean. The staff are exceptionally nice and helpful. And my favorite part: the free breakfast buffet every morning, along with a free omelet cooked to order!

The staff was nice when I got into the hostel. He told me everything about their hostel including the location , the transportation,even the spot view of London.Also help me to take my luggage The breakfast is great that you can also order omlet, the staff will make it for you. Dinks are free for all day when you stay in Travel joy hostel. Although the room is a little bit small ( 6 female room ), and must take more 8 mins to underground by walk, I still chose Travel Joy hostel next time i back.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our services. Be assured your nice words have been shared with the staff. Thank you for recommending us, we will be really happy to welcome you back again !

Excelent atmosphere and staff. The really help you ver much. The common room is a bar, where you can enjoy listening to music and meet others travellers. In my opinión, the only issue to improve is to have any facility in the dorms, like one plug por person, a table to put personal things and a dressing light. In the others stuffs are upper the average.

Thank you very much for your nice review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience at Travel Joy. Hope to see you soon back!

런던에 가면 보통 지하철을 많이 타게 되는데, 사실 버스 노선을 조금만 공부하면 버스가 훨씬 편리합니다. 그래서 이곳 호스텔은 바로 코앞에서 24번 버스를 타고 내릴 수 있어 매우 좋습니다. 24번 버스의 출발점이자 종점입니다. 아침식사 매우 푸짐하고 맛있고 침대와 욕실도 깨끗하고 좋습니다. 샤워용 대형 타올도 제공되고 보안도 좋습니다. 무엇보다 1층 바에서 저녁에 사먹을 수 있는 태국식 치킨, 소고기 볶음밥이 싸고 맛있으며, 투숙객에게만 제공되는 무제한 커피와 쥬스, 콜라 등이 있어 더욱 훌륭합니다. 템즈 강변에 위치한 '트래블 조이 첼스 호스텔' 적극 !! 추천합니다. 즐거운 여행 되시길 ^^

• 30th Sep 2014
  • South Korea
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Windows were left completely open so I had a pigeon almost fly into the room, as well as bees throughout my sleep. Staff are bartenders first, hostel worker second. A couple were professional, a couple made me feel like I was a complete inconvenience. Loud music all the time in the common room so its hard to talk. Bathrooms are spread out and scarce. Location is not near anything!

• 28th Sep 2014

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Sorry to hear we didn’t reach your expectations. Thanks again for your stay.

Very friendly staff, free drinks (non-alcoholic), great atmosphere. Would definitely stay again if back there.

Thank you so much for your great review, it goes a long way in encouraging and motivating us. We hope to have the opportunity to see you soon at Travel Joy!

Great place, great people, nice atmosphere. Rooms are a bit small, but average compared to other hostels in London. Breakfast was amazing and staff was very friendly. Just wish they had more bathrooms for the amount of people.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Travel Joy ! Be assured your review has been shared with the team! Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon!

not really close to underground station, helpful staffs, breakfast was excellent (thanks Alex). i hate the stairs. no elevator to carry our big luggages to room. i loved the restaurant near reception that served thai food. very nice pad thai and tom yum soup. well, overall we enjoyed staying there. many thanks

Great place to stay whilst visiting London. Super friendly staff and nice breakfast to start the day with.

Thank you for your nice review, we are glad to read you enjoyed your experience at Travel Joy! Hope to see you soon!

The staff was great, really helpful. Breakfast (free) was also excellent, and at nights you can get good food and drinks at the hostel bar, at very reasonable price. Location is ok, easily connected by metro or bus to main attractions and city centre. I would definitely stay at Travel Joy if I come back to London!

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at Travel Joy! It is always a pleasure for us to make sure our guests are having a good time in London. We will be glad to welcome you again !

The hostel is a short walk from Pimlico station. The staff is very friendly and helpful. A huge plus is the included soft drinks and breakfast with omlette bar. Great value for money.

Thank you for your great review, we are glad to read you had a good time at Travel Joy! Hope to see you soon !