Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

This is a great hostel. The staff was excellent throughout our entire stay. The location is good. I love the view of the Thames. They have a really great breakfast here. They really treat their guests well. I was here over a weekend and the live music downstairs was a lot of fun.

I've been to many hostels across the globe and this is one with unparallel service. The staff were really dedicated and the facilities were good. I especially enjoyed the breakfeat with free omelettes, pancakes and smoothies. Not the cheapest hostel in London but also not the most expensive. However, you really get what you pay for. Good job guys! The only thing that I would change a bit are the meals, they could be a bit bigger, but otherwise they were really good.

• 17th May 2014
  • Slovenia

Thank you for your review. Glad to read you enjoyed our customer service and your stay with us!

Amazing breakfast!!!!

Thank you for your review! Glad to read you enjoyed our free breakfast!

Very convenient place to stay for a visit of London

Thank you for your review! Hope to see you back with us soon!

Cool hostel and great value with a great breakfast included (can get omelettes or pancakes made for free!). Location isn't amazing but 10 minute walk to the tube and then easy from there (also Barclay bikes right outside). The atmosphere of meeting people is a little awkward as the main area for relaxing is a bar and only minor complaint is the limited cooking facilities. But overall, great staff, highly recommend and will definitely be back!

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you back with us soon!

The atmosphere is happy, the staff is highly helpful and friendly. Lots of information leaflets in the common area, the interior is very cozy.

• 8th May 2014
  • Russia

Thank you for your kind words and for your stay with us!

A good safe place to stay

Thank you for your review.

Had something stolen from the lobby while I ate breakfast, but besides that it was a good stay. Very affordable considering its in London!

Thank you for your review. We regret to read that you had an item stolen during your stay. You should have told the staff about it and we could have ran CCTV for you. Thank you again for your stay with us!

Friendly staff, great breakfast (really liked that pancakes and omelettes were included the free breakfast!), good location with walking possible to Big Ben, Westminster, London Eye etc. Tube is close by and a 24h bus line running all the way to Camden Town right outside the door. I'd stay here again!

Thank you for your review, hope to see you soon then!

this hostel rocks! i have stayed in dozens of hostels over the years and this one has by far the best customer service i have ever experienced. a definite recommend.

Thank you for your review! Glad to read that you enjoyed our customer service!

I really enjoyed this hostel. I arrived very early in the morning, way before check-in time. The staff didn't hesitate to put my bag in luggage storage and offer me breakfast. Breakfast was great, with omelettes and crepes and smoothies available as well as cereal, yogurt, and fresh fruit. The rooms were a bit tight but they were clean and safe. The showers and toilet facilities were good. The wifi price was incredible (1 pound for 24 hours). All the staff members were friendly and helpful.

Thank you for your review! Hope to see you back with us soon!

We were greeted after a long morning of flying with breakfast and coffee (even though we couldn't check in until 2pm) and the staff were very helpful in giving us directions. There is a tube stop 5 minutes away and it's about a 20 minute walk to the V&A. The breakfast was great (pancakes and smoothies). More expensive than I usually spend on hostels but worth it.

• 26th Apr 2014

Thank you for your review! Glad to read you enjoyed our breakfast and your stay with us!

Perfect. Really good atmosphere, staff were really helpful and friendly, free soft drinks and coffee all day, omelette breakfast was fantastic and just all round an enjoyable stay. Really easy to get in to the city centre by bus. Close walk to the lovely Chelsea neighbourhood. Close to beautiful Battersea park. Will definitely stay again.

The staff we so nice and hard working, they were very helpful. The location was awesome. I will definitely be staying here again

• 26th Apr 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We would be really glad to have you back with us soon! Many thanks from all the staff!

Excellent!! In every way. Thanks very much guys :o)

Thanks a lot for your review! Thanks to you to have chosen our hostel! See you soon!

Nice free bfast. Its convenient to have unlimited soda, coffee, water. Very convenient to have bus line right in front of hostel. Bathrooms not too clean. Staff very friendly and helpful with information, tours, weather, transportation. Free wifi for 30 min.

Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear that you found our bathrooms not too clean, they are being cleaned many times during the day. We will keep an eye on that. Thank you for your stay and hope to see you back with us soon!

The biggest downside here is how weak the American dollar is to the pound. the staff was great and very helpful! The breakfast is excellent with omelets and pancakes. The Wi-Fi is Blazing fast at over 20mb/s! bed linens and towels are included as are free soft drinks for your entire stay. I stayed with my 72 year old grandfather who thought the nearest underground stop was too far away but for anyone younger its in walking distance from many of the main attractions.

Thank you for your review! Glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!

at the shower room.. i found the bug.... kkakk!!!!!

This will definitely be my go-to hostel if I am staying in London. The staff were friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was very pleasant. I used to always stay at another hostel in London, but since they were full on the dates I needed I picked Travel Joy. Now Travel Joy will be my "regular". Cheers guys!

Thank you very much for your review, we are happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us! It’s going to be a pleasure to have you as a “regular”! See you soon then!

Travel Joy is amazing!! The staff are absolutely the friendliest most hardworking crew in London. The location is brilliant so easy to get to Central London but far enough away to have a quiet drink out the front. The breakfasts win hands down, grab an omelette if you get a chance. Thanks guys for an ace time.

Thank you for your review, we are happy you enjoyed your stay in our hostel! Have a nice trip and hope to see you back soon!