Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

My go-to hostel in London. Rooms are small but the atmosphere is amazing - there's always great people to meet and do stuff with and the breakfast is A+.

• 28th Nov 2014

Thanks a lot from all of us for your nice words! We are glad to read you are enjoying your stays with us, see you soon at Travel Joy !

First stayed here a year ago, still a great place, will return again.

Thank you for your nice review and for recommending us! We will be really happy to welcome you back soon !

Thanks for a great stay; keep up what you're doing!

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Thank you for your feedback, your comment goes a long way in encouraging and motivating the team! Hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

Probably the best hostel in London. They are all so poorly rated, this one was amazing and I've been to enough hostels to know a good one. Free non alcoholic drinks all the time, open mic nights, awesome breakfast!

Thanks from all of us for your nice review and for recommending us ! Hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

Overall probably the best hostel I've stayed at. Much to love. Would def go again, and recommend to others. However, a few things to consider: Bedroom doors close hard, as if slammed shut, and are hooked up to a security device so if you don't close them perfectly you get the slam AND a loud buzzing noise. Sorry, light sleepers. Bathroom has no exhaust and towels/clothes get damp from shower steam. No water mixer at sink means choice of freezing or scalding water to wash hands and face.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our services and we will take your comment in consideration for the future. Hope to welcome you soon again at Travel Joy !

Really liked this place (though calling it "Chelsea" is a bit of a misnomer; it's actually in Victoria). Location is solid with easy access to the tube. Staff are friendly and helpful, always willing to joke around and chat. Small touches, like daily suggestions for what to do in the city, go a long way. Reasonably-priced, and includes perks like free pop and breakfast with hot food. The atmosphere isn't great, but it's through no fault of theirs. Definitely recommended.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Travel Joy and for recommending us! Be assured your nice words have been shared with the entire team ! Thanks again and hope to welcome you back soon !

Excellent shared spaces, breakfast, free beverages, and kind staff.

Great very helpful staff (apart from pancake and omelet girl ... very moody). Location great. Just by the bus stop, not far from tube. Little bit noisy at night and the beds and the furniture most probably remembers my grandma's times. Apart from that were very happy with the service. Good value for money.

• 16th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Thank you for sharing your experience at Travel Joy ! We are delighted to learn from your review you were satisfied by our services. Hope to see you soon back at our hostel !

It is good to say in Travel Joy Everything is good but location is far from the underground station Pilmico Before starting the trip, ask staff the route and bus stop of 24 bus

Thank you very much for your stay at Travel Joy. We are glad to know you enjoyed it ! Hope to welcome you back soon !

I really enjoyed my stay here! I stayed one night in a 12-person mixed dorm - I'll give a overview of both the bad and good aspects of this hostel. The Bad: 30 min walk from the sights/Expensive to take the tube. Box-spring mattresses are slightly uncomfortable. Small amount of mold growing on walls of shower. The Good: Beautiful location on the Thames, great bar in the hostel, free non-alcoholic drinks, adaptors, movie nights, and AMAZING free breakfast (even omlettes!). Very friendly staff.

Thank you for sharing your experience at Travel Joy! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Be assured your nice words have been shared with the entire team. Hope to welcome you back soon!

Loved the atmosphere of this hostel! Room had a nice patio to step on from room, staff was friendly, helpful and breakfast was awesome!

Thank you very much for your amazing review! We are delighted to read you had a good time with us! Thank you for your stay!

Been in several hostels before and there's clearly a reason why people come back to this one. Simply the best you'll find in London.

Thank you from all of us for your stay and for taking the time to write a review about Travel Joy! Your comment goes a long way in encouraging and motivating the team!

the best thing is location.. 24 BUS!!! I took it every day this hostel is not in central place.. but I think it's good And breakfast was good, too. BUT!! room was tiny.. i stayed 6 women dorm and I couldn't open my luggage when people in the room. clean but... tiny. you may feel too. averagely good.

To improve: Beds & mattresses are very uncomfortable Rooms overlooking the road are noisy from the constant traffic

Thank you for taking you time to share your experience with Travel Joy! Hope to see you back soon.

Top-notch hostel, among the best I've ever been at. Good location, great staff, great atmosphere. Only wish it wasn't so expensive at the weekends.

Thank you for stay and for your great feedback. We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us, as our services and facilities. Our priority is to make sure our guests are having a good time with us and in London. We hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

The best Hostel I've ever stayed at. Will certainly return.

Thank you for your review and for recommending us! We will be really happy to welcome you again soon !

I checked in at night time and when staff took me up to the room- my bed was not made and it was not ready. That was inconvenient. The room itself also had a bad smell to it. Other than that the staff was very nice, it was a good atmosphere given the bar downstairs and the location was perfect with a bus that ran all day and night conveniently outside of the hostel.

everyone was great. I liked the curtains on the beds in the dorm. when I t there was a leak in the ceiling they were right on it!!!!! The music in the lounge, pub..is WAY TOO LOUD. the loud pub atmosphere does not promote interaction, along with internet. Nor could anyone play a guitar!!!!! way way too loud, the music. I have hosteled for over 40 years. and I met some great folks, some of whom are still friends because somethingwrong with this message box.

• 12th Oct 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Travel Joy! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! We will take your comment about the music into consideration for the future. Thanks again and hope to see you back soon!

I spent two nights at this hostel—hostel is a 10 minute walk to the nearest tube stop, although its fairly quick to everything from there, rooms had lockers, and the wifi worked was decent. The free breakfast was quite good, as well as the free soft drinks at the bar. The restaurant on site was tasty and affordable as well. The main gripes I had were the beds were a bit hard and springy, and unless I missed them, I only counted 4 showers for 9ish rooms. By London standards, it's a good place.

First of all, thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted you were satisfied with our facilities and services. We do have indeed 4 showers located in our second floor, but they are for the second floor only, rooms located in the first floor have they own bathrooms. Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again!

I've stayed in six hostels in London and this is by the far the best hostel! It's a good location, with an awesome pub downstairs, and fast wifi! They serve free drinks and coffee all day. The staff are fun, friendly and awesome. I've been back here several times and will continue to come back based on how nice the staff here are. I can't recommend this hostel enough! If you've got enough time, the staff can teach you Polish, Italian and Spanish (thanks Agata, Martina, and Melissa).

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Travel Joy! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We will take your comment regarding the music into consideration for the future. Thanks again and hope to see you soon back at our hostel!