Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

This hostel was probably the best part of my weekend trip to London. There's a 24 hour bus stop right in front. I had some great conversations with the staff, and they made me feel taken care of - I was sick, and they let me check out late so I could sleep in. Also the restaurant/pub/common room was incredibly cozy. There was an open mic and free (non-alcoholic) drinks whenever we wanted it. In addition a FULL breakfast (yes, omelets and waffles too) was included in the price.

Thank you so much for your nice words ! We are very happy to hear you were pleased with your experience here and that you could enjoy our free amenities as well. We hope you will decide to visit us on your next trip to London!

Great breakfast. Rooms are a bit small.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us your feedback ! Happy to read you had a good time at Travel Joy ! Hope to welcome you back soon !

Amazing FREE breakfast. FREE tea, coffee and soft drinks at the bar all day long. Lots of young staff working there, who are happy to chat to you if you are alone. Powerful showers. Hostel is next to river which is nice in the morning. Mattresses are a little old, but that is common in many hostels. I personally liked the general vibe here.

Thank you so much for this really nice review!! We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Travel Joy and could appreciate our free amenities! Hope to welcome you back soon here!

Wow,it is really very nice hostel!nice breakfast and drink!nice staff !nice triffac to other place!next time if I visit London ,I will like to stay travel joy hostel too!I will like to tell my friend about the nice hostel!

• 13th Oct 2015
  • China

Thank you so much for your nice review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you also for recommending us, we hope to see you again, next time you'll be in London (maybe with your friends this time!).

Everything is good. The only complaint I have is that I have to change room on the third night. It is annoying because I have to spend times packing my stuff twice (on second day and when check out), and I have to go back from my day out just to check in as the new room is only available at 2 pm (they say I can check in at night, but not comfortable doing it when everyone is sleeping). Also, I cannot use the locker in new room as someone else is using it. Other than that it is a nice hostel.

Thank you for sharing your experience at Travel Joy! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay despite the fact you had to change room. Most of the time our guests do not need to change room during their stay but unfortunately it can happen for different reasons (group coming etc...). For the locker, please next time come at the reception, security is important for us and we would have find you an other locker to use!! Hope we will welcome you back soon to give you an even better impression!!

Amazingly nice and helpful staff, great location, free soft drinks and breakfast! Relaxed, friendly atmosphere! Would recommend this to anyone and definitely come back!

• 12th Oct 2015

Thank you very much for your really nice feedback. It makes us very proud to get reviews like yours which encourage us to keep up the good work. Hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy!

Everything was very nice... The people on the bar are busy but they will serve you with a big smile!!!

Hi David, thank you so much for this really nice review... Much appreciated !!! And we always have a good reason to smile at Travel Joy Hostels, we are lucky to have amazing guests !!! Hope to see you soon back !

Great hostel, great location on the side of the river, very helpful staff, free non alcohol drinks.would highly recomend

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Wales

Thank you so much for your nice review about our place and our staff! We are very glad you could make the most out of our location and our free soft drinks! Thank you for also recommending us! Hope to welcome you back soon at Travel Joy!!

The staff were absolutely lovely, I just thought it was very expensive for what it was (but I guess that's London). I thought the bathrooms were a bit grotty but did the job.

• 8th Oct 2015

Hi, thank you for sharing with us your experience at Travel Joy ! Be assured your nice words have been shared with the entire team ! It goes a long way in motivating us! London is a really expensive city, and it is also the Rugby World Cup atm, this is why prices are higher than usual. We are sorry about your shower experience, our bathrooms are cleaned twice a day but if you had ask for help we would have clean them again. We do hope to welcome you back soon to give you a better impression!

The staff are excellent, exceeded expectations. Breakfast was excellent as well, as was the feature of having unlimited free (non-alcoholic) drinks. Nice perk. The rooms are VERY crowded, nowhere to put luggage, and the ladder to my bunk was partially blocked by lockers. Simply too many beds in a room. Atmosphere of a party hostel, but it's also the only place to go - a lot of potential, but there were too many people screaming. Not just drinking, partying. Screaming. Should been dealt with.

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at Travel Joy Hostels. Your nice words about the staff have already been shared with the entire team, thanks a lot! If anything was blocking your bed you should have come to the reception to let us know, we would have done something asap to help you. Same for the people screaming... We are not considering as a party hostel, but we are really sorry if you felt that way. We do hope to welcome you back soon to give you a better impressions

Nice place, good free breakfast, unlimited coffee and soft drinks, happy hours and socialising events everyday which make sit easy to meet heaps of new people. Breakfast variety is awesome and best thing is its free. pancakes, nutella, eggs made to order. I checked in at 3 in the morning and the person at the counter was really helpful. He explained everything pretty good. Only regret is I was late and missed the Wednesday salsa class which looked so much fun.

We really enjoyed our stay at this facilities. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Thanks a lot for taking your time to leave us your feedback ! We are so glad you had a good time staying with us! Be assured your nice words have been shared with the entire team! Looking forward to welcome you back at Travel Joy Hostels!

The showers were always dirty and didn't drain well - consistent puddles all over the bathroom floor. Tables downstairs seemed permanently sticky. Lockers in the dorm were too small for my backpack. The breakfast was great though, and the staff were friendly.

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion, that helps improving our hostel. We are really sorry about your shower experience. Our bathrooms are cleaned twice a day, but if you had ask for help we would have clean them again ! We have two luggage rooms located by the reception that you could use for your backpack (security is really important for us, we always have a safe place to offer for your belongings). We do hope to welcome you back to give you a better impression ! Safe travel !

friendly staff especially the filipino guy named Ric....great location......good breakast.....though rooms are quite small

Thank you so much for your stay at Travel Joy and for taking the time to leave us your (really appreciated) feedback ! Ric and the entire team is glad you had a good time here! Looking forward to welcome you back in our hostel !

So far I've been in 5 hostels here in London and none is as good as Travel Joy. Amazing staff and atmosphere, everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. They have great breakfast with lots of options of food and drinks. Lots of events and things to do throughout the week like beer pong, movie nights and even salsa classes. 10/10 would stay there again.

• 1st Oct 2015

Thank you so much for such an amazing review, it means so much to us that you had such a good time here and we loved having you here too! Our staff are always here to help and we are always looking for new people to be part of our little TJH family like you are now!

The breakfast here was so good that it made the entire stay worth it!! And the free hot drinks and pop too! The rooms were a little crowded, and the showers are weirdly mixed gendered with no place to change once you get out of the shower, so it is a bit awkward. Location is fairly close to a metro station, so even though its kinda far from the main part, the sights are easy to get to. Staff os also super great and freindly!

The friendliest staff ever. When I first came in from the rain, I was instantly handed a complimentary towel. And the breakfast was great, omelettes, pancakes, yogurt, all included - much more than your standard hostel breakfast. Plus it was in a prime location in London

Thank you very much for your kind review about our hostel. We are very pleased to know you felt welcomed and comfortable with our staff. It goes a long way for them to be appreciated like this! We are delighted you could make the most out of our free amenities; our big continental breakfast and our prime location in London! We hope to see you again next time you visit London!

Thank so much to Enrico, ric, Diego And Nicole!!!

• 16th Sep 2015

Thank you for your top rating review, we're glad you enjoyed your time at Travel Joy !! The italian crew Enrico, Ric, Diego and Nicole are sending you their best wishes !! Hope to see you soon !!

Two basic suggestions. First, more space is needed in the sleeping quarters for basic activities (I was in a four berths rooms). It was very difficult to handle even my small luggage. Second, improving basic design and facilities in toilets and showers; like door handles, hooks for hanging things, large soap holders placed over tiny sinks that make very difficult their use, toilet paper roll holders out of reach. This place is older age friendly and should pay more attention to these details.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate your comments, we will take them into consideration for the best of the hostel and of our older age guests. You give us a top rating and we would like to thank you for the same, it was a real pleasure to have you part of the Travel Joy Family. Thanks again and we do hope to welcome you back soon !!

THERE IS AMAZING FREE BREAKFAST EVERYDAY PEOPLE. that alone makes this hostel worth it. The staff was so nice; the carried our bags up the stairs and made sure we knew about everything in the area. The rooms where pretty small and rickety but who's in London to hang out in their hostel room? They have lockers available and you just have to put in a deposit to rent the lock. So you get your money back! Same with the adapters. I thought that was great. overall it was a fantastic experience!

• 15th Sep 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about our hostel. We are very happy you could make the most out of our free amenities; our big continental breakfast and our prime location in London! Thanks again and we hope to see you again next time you visit London!