Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

Id love to recommend u this hostel

Thank you very much from the entire team of Travel Joy !

A comfortable place, we enjoyed our stay. Didn't even want to g out every night; you get food and beer from hostel's bar. Free breakfast +++

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Finland

Thank you for your amazing feedback! We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and our services. Hope to see you soon !

I really enjoyed the atmosphere here. It was really great having an actual pub downstairs with great food and a beer when I needed one! It was located in a quiet, out of the way part of town, so it was a bit of a trek to get there when walking (made that mistake with luggage). But I got an Oyster Card after that which made taking the bus really easy and the bus stop was located right in front. The female 6 bed room felt crowded, but I only needed it to sleep in so I thought it was just fine.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful . They went out of their way to accommodate us and provided a lot of useful information about tourist attractions . We would definitely recommend a stay at travel joy .

• 5th Jan 2015

Thank you from the entire team for your nice words, your comment goes a long way in motivating and encouraging us ! Hope to see you back at Travel Joy !

That was my first time in London and it was the perfect welcome from the hostel, the staff were amazing, really helpfull and chill, the location is in front of the bus stop, the facilities, the drinks, the food, the music, everything was just really good! If I go back to London I'll definitely book in Travel Joy, thanks a lot guys!

Thank you very much for your nice review, we are really happy to hear you had a good time in London and with us! Thank you for recommending us and we do hop to welcome you again soon!

I enjoyed the stay, especially the free breakfast buffet ranging from toast to pancakes, which offered a good start to the day and a chance of getting to know other guests. The hostel is only a stroll away from Victoria Coach Station, the Tate Gallery and Westminster Abbey. The main drawback to me was the volume of music in the bar, which clashed with any incipient poetry in a writer's head and made it harder to communicate with guests with unfamiliar accents.

Thank you for your stay and for taking your time to write a review about Travel Joy. We are really glad to read you enjoyed our breakfast and facilities. We will take into consideration your comment about the music. Thanks again and hope to see you soon at Travel Joy!

I liked the attention of the people working there were very professional

Thank you from the entire team for your nice words !

Nice location, not too long a walk from an Underground station and near to useful shops. Has everything you need, room was very hot and stuff at night though. Definitely the best things about this hostel are the very friendly staff and the awesome breakfast spread.

Thank you for sharing your experience at Travel Joy. We are delighted to read you enjoyed our services and facilities. Your nice words have been shared with all the staff ! Thanks again!

Although not as close to the subway, bus had the hostel door. What else bothered me and my daughter were the stairs (2 floors) and the difficulty to bathe. The showers were always busy. The breakfast is great! The rooms are very tight.

• 26th Dec 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback! All comments made by our guests are good for our development and improvement. We do hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

Very nice location right on the bank of Themse river, fantastic friendly staff, very common area downstairs with cofee tea making machine anytime. I stayed on Christmas which means that a bit cold but we were given a heater, so it was ok. On 25th of December when its boxing day and all bars and cafes are closed we were offered a free lunch.I stayed in 8 mix dorm it had its own terrace, the only things to be improved is matresses as springs stack in my night and lamps is really necessary.

Thank you very much for your nice feedback! We are glad to hear you had a good Christmas with us! Hope to see you soon back at Travel joy!

By far one of the best hostels I've stayed at so far. The atmosphere in the restaurant/bar downstairs was great (as was the food). The staff were exceedingly kind to me during my stay and even before it, particularly when my coach arrived at 4:40 in the morning instead of 7:30 and they let me hang out downstairs. I stayed in a 10-person room and had no problems; the room was nice, as were my roommates.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We were delighted to read your review and your comments which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. we are happy to learn from your comments that our facilities as well as all the staff at the hostel were able to make this a memorable stay for you. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon at Travel Joy!

could have better/cleaner toilets

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Croatia

I barely slept here. There were a number of people using the hostel as permanent or semi-permanent accommodation, fair enough but there is a siren on the door that is activated every time the door is not shut within seconds: this is most times the door is opened. The traffic noise is also very loud. The staff were friendly and the wifi signal was strong but the sleep quality is very low. Creaky, uncomfortable beds in the dorm were also a severe disruption to sleep.

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate all comments made by our guests, whether positive or for our development as it allows for continued improvement in that which is most important to us, our guest service. Hope to welcome you back soon to give you a better impression.

This has to be one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff are wonderful and always happy to help. It is pretty cool that everything is included in your room cost. There are no additional charges for linen, breakfast, printing, internet, non alcoholic drinks and salsa dance classes. Movies are played every night and the in house restaurant/pub are excellent. I loved staying here and was sad to leave. Will definitely come back next time I need a hostel in London.

Thank you for stay and for your great feedback. We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us, as our services and facilities. Our priority is to make sure our guests are having a good time with us and in London. We hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

I love it! Cheap, clean and funny people there!

• 9th Dec 2014

Thank you very much for your amazing feedback! Glad to hear you had a good time with us !!

the best i experienced so far from all hostels i have been to

Thank you very much for your really nice review ! See you soon !

Really far away from everything. There were a group of girls from aus who were being mean and picking on any Asians in the pub below, making the atmosphere pretty poor. Wouldn't recommend.

Thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate all comments made by our guests, whether positive or for our development as it allows for continued improvement in that which is most important to us, our guest service. Sorry to hear we didn’t reach your expectations.

it was not very clean especially the lockers in the room one had a banana skin, hot water in shower did not work in the morning forced to have a very cold bath in winter :-( drinking water was not replaced in the morning it was empty. Apart from these i would definitely recommend the hostel

• 6th Dec 2014
  • India

Thank you very much for your nice feedback, If you find something which make you feel disappointed or uncomfortable, we would have acted upon it immediately if notified at reception. Thanks for recommending us, we do hope to welcome you back soon!

Atmosphere, friendliness, and location definitely speak for this hostel. Unfortunately, I found the cleanliness in the rooms and bathrooms to be mediocre, which is to some extent due to some guests' lack of manners. Better furniture (e.g. stable beds) would be a plus.

Thank you for stay and for your feedback, we will take in to consideration your comment for the future! thanks again and hope to see you back soon !

great location, although a little far from subway (10min walk), rooms quite crowded and so snoring seems so close, but it is great in the bar etc.

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at Travel Joy, hope to see you back soon !