Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

Loved this hostel, extremely friendly and helpful staff. The free drinks were a great bonus !

Amazing place! On the river Thames, close to Big Ben in a very posh quarter!!!

What a great spot! I stayed 5 nights with my 20yr old daughter & 16yr old son. This was a fantastic 'home base' for us as we wandered around London. The bus stops right out front, the neighborhood is quiet. The hostel staff are all helpful and constantly cleaning. I would *absolutely* stay here again.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel! Lots of freebies: free maps, free drinks, free breakfast, 30 minutes free wifi (after which it was only 1 pound for 24 hours!). There was a spacious common room where you could relax and meet new friends. I would definitely go back!

Great location with central bus stopping at the door and a tube station five mins away. The staff were very friendly and helpful, they also speak several languages. Breakfast is included and even though i'm not a breakfast person myself it was plentiful and delicious. Big lockers on the room and padlock rent is available. I'll definitely stay here again!! :)

• 8th Jun 2014

The staff were so nice and helpful and the location of the hostel is pretty convenient since there's a bus stop right by the hostel. I loved the open mic night and the vibe of the place. The bar closes at 12 and only allows guests to be inside which is great for those who wanted a good night's rest, but for those looking for a aprty they'd probably move to another place once the bar is closed. Really enjoyed my stay here!

Travel joy is a really nice choice to stay in London. The location is quite convenient with the bus. The staff are so kind and helpful, and the breakfast was excellent! The only problem is that there is no space to using hair-dryer out of the room while other roommates were going to beds. Otherwise the experience at Travel joy was quite good!

• 1st Jun 2014
  • RitzTu
  • Taiwan

The facilities and the location was excellent. I was able to get to all the Tourist sites easily as well as returning back to the Hostel by taking the #24 Bus. The breakfast was good and the WIFI was very handy in helping me to contact my family members. All in all an enjoyable stay.

• 31st May 2014

I was only here briefly for one night, but this hostel more than suited my needs. Breakfast was included, with omelets and smoothies as nice options. Would stay here again.

Great hostel!

such a unique place and great location

No complaints. Very helpful staff that explain the public transport. Hostelers here weren't big Europe travelers, which was kind of disappointing. Pretty expensive food downstairs so I'd keep that in mind. I'd definitely go back.

I wish I had something nice to say about this hostel as when its recommended by hostelworld its usually pretty good. On this occasion it was not with all the bunk confusion in our dorm and when talking to the staff they were unhelpful and rude (sorry but bunk shifting when paying for 6 nights is not the norm) The cleanliness of the hostel was awful and the worse I had seen on this trip. They seemed more interested in partying at the bar than actually working.

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay as much as we would have loved to. Some other guests have been changing beds without telling the staff during your stay, that is why there has been some confusion unfortunately. We always try to provide the best customer service possible and guests are usually satisfied about it, we would really be happy to have you back with us sometimes to make it better.

This is a great hostel. The staff was excellent throughout our entire stay. The location is good. I love the view of the Thames. They have a really great breakfast here. They really treat their guests well. I was here over a weekend and the live music downstairs was a lot of fun.

I've been to many hostels across the globe and this is one with unparallel service. The staff were really dedicated and the facilities were good. I especially enjoyed the breakfeat with free omelettes, pancakes and smoothies. Not the cheapest hostel in London but also not the most expensive. However, you really get what you pay for. Good job guys! The only thing that I would change a bit are the meals, they could be a bit bigger, but otherwise they were really good.

• 17th May 2014
  • Slovenia

Thank you for your review. Glad to read you enjoyed our customer service and your stay with us!

Amazing breakfast!!!!

Thank you for your review! Glad to read you enjoyed our free breakfast!

Very convenient place to stay for a visit of London

Thank you for your review! Hope to see you back with us soon!

Cool hostel and great value with a great breakfast included (can get omelettes or pancakes made for free!). Location isn't amazing but 10 minute walk to the tube and then easy from there (also Barclay bikes right outside). The atmosphere of meeting people is a little awkward as the main area for relaxing is a bar and only minor complaint is the limited cooking facilities. But overall, great staff, highly recommend and will definitely be back!

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you back with us soon!

The atmosphere is happy, the staff is highly helpful and friendly. Lots of information leaflets in the common area, the interior is very cozy.

• 8th May 2014
  • Russia

Thank you for your kind words and for your stay with us!

A good safe place to stay

Thank you for your review.