Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

Although not as close to the subway, bus had the hostel door. What else bothered me and my daughter were the stairs (2 floors) and the difficulty to bathe. The showers were always busy. The breakfast is great! The rooms are very tight.

• 26th Dec 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback! All comments made by our guests are good for our development and improvement. We do hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

Very nice location right on the bank of Themse river, fantastic friendly staff, very common area downstairs with cofee tea making machine anytime. I stayed on Christmas which means that a bit cold but we were given a heater, so it was ok. On 25th of December when its boxing day and all bars and cafes are closed we were offered a free lunch.I stayed in 8 mix dorm it had its own terrace, the only things to be improved is matresses as springs stack in my night and lamps is really necessary.

Thank you very much for your nice feedback! We are glad to hear you had a good Christmas with us! Hope to see you soon back at Travel joy!

By far one of the best hostels I've stayed at so far. The atmosphere in the restaurant/bar downstairs was great (as was the food). The staff were exceedingly kind to me during my stay and even before it, particularly when my coach arrived at 4:40 in the morning instead of 7:30 and they let me hang out downstairs. I stayed in a 10-person room and had no problems; the room was nice, as were my roommates.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We were delighted to read your review and your comments which goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team. we are happy to learn from your comments that our facilities as well as all the staff at the hostel were able to make this a memorable stay for you. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon at Travel Joy!

could have better/cleaner toilets

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Croatia

I barely slept here. There were a number of people using the hostel as permanent or semi-permanent accommodation, fair enough but there is a siren on the door that is activated every time the door is not shut within seconds: this is most times the door is opened. The traffic noise is also very loud. The staff were friendly and the wifi signal was strong but the sleep quality is very low. Creaky, uncomfortable beds in the dorm were also a severe disruption to sleep.

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate all comments made by our guests, whether positive or for our development as it allows for continued improvement in that which is most important to us, our guest service. Hope to welcome you back soon to give you a better impression.

This has to be one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff are wonderful and always happy to help. It is pretty cool that everything is included in your room cost. There are no additional charges for linen, breakfast, printing, internet, non alcoholic drinks and salsa dance classes. Movies are played every night and the in house restaurant/pub are excellent. I loved staying here and was sad to leave. Will definitely come back next time I need a hostel in London.

Thank you for stay and for your great feedback. We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us, as our services and facilities. Our priority is to make sure our guests are having a good time with us and in London. We hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

I love it! Cheap, clean and funny people there!

• 9th Dec 2014

Thank you very much for your amazing feedback! Glad to hear you had a good time with us !!

the best i experienced so far from all hostels i have been to

Thank you very much for your really nice review ! See you soon !

Really far away from everything. There were a group of girls from aus who were being mean and picking on any Asians in the pub below, making the atmosphere pretty poor. Wouldn't recommend.

Thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate all comments made by our guests, whether positive or for our development as it allows for continued improvement in that which is most important to us, our guest service. Sorry to hear we didn’t reach your expectations.

it was not very clean especially the lockers in the room one had a banana skin, hot water in shower did not work in the morning forced to have a very cold bath in winter :-( drinking water was not replaced in the morning it was empty. Apart from these i would definitely recommend the hostel

• 6th Dec 2014
  • India

Thank you very much for your nice feedback, If you find something which make you feel disappointed or uncomfortable, we would have acted upon it immediately if notified at reception. Thanks for recommending us, we do hope to welcome you back soon!

Atmosphere, friendliness, and location definitely speak for this hostel. Unfortunately, I found the cleanliness in the rooms and bathrooms to be mediocre, which is to some extent due to some guests' lack of manners. Better furniture (e.g. stable beds) would be a plus.

Thank you for stay and for your feedback, we will take in to consideration your comment for the future! thanks again and hope to see you back soon !

great location, although a little far from subway (10min walk), rooms quite crowded and so snoring seems so close, but it is great in the bar etc.

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at Travel Joy, hope to see you back soon !

Very clean, very friendly atmosphere. About a 20 minute walk from Victoria bus station. Unbelievable value for money with buffet breakfast and unlimited soft drinks! Can enjoy a nice drink in the evening, but not too loud or busy if you are needing an early night. Would deffo recommend!!!

• 1st Dec 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Thank you for your amazing feedback We are glad to hear you had a good time at Travel Joy, hope to welcome you back soon !

My go-to hostel in London. Rooms are small but the atmosphere is amazing - there's always great people to meet and do stuff with and the breakfast is A+.

• 28th Nov 2014

Thanks a lot from all of us for your nice words! We are glad to read you are enjoying your stays with us, see you soon at Travel Joy !

First stayed here a year ago, still a great place, will return again.

Thank you for your nice review and for recommending us! We will be really happy to welcome you back soon !

Thanks for a great stay; keep up what you're doing!

• 28th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Thank you for your feedback, your comment goes a long way in encouraging and motivating the team! Hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

Probably the best hostel in London. They are all so poorly rated, this one was amazing and I've been to enough hostels to know a good one. Free non alcoholic drinks all the time, open mic nights, awesome breakfast!

Thanks from all of us for your nice review and for recommending us ! Hope to see you soon back at Travel Joy !

Overall probably the best hostel I've stayed at. Much to love. Would def go again, and recommend to others. However, a few things to consider: Bedroom doors close hard, as if slammed shut, and are hooked up to a security device so if you don't close them perfectly you get the slam AND a loud buzzing noise. Sorry, light sleepers. Bathroom has no exhaust and towels/clothes get damp from shower steam. No water mixer at sink means choice of freezing or scalding water to wash hands and face.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our services and we will take your comment in consideration for the future. Hope to welcome you soon again at Travel Joy !

Best hostel ever! Free drinks and breakfast is great!

Really liked this place (though calling it "Chelsea" is a bit of a misnomer; it's actually in Victoria). Location is solid with easy access to the tube. Staff are friendly and helpful, always willing to joke around and chat. Small touches, like daily suggestions for what to do in the city, go a long way. Reasonably-priced, and includes perks like free pop and breakfast with hot food. The atmosphere isn't great, but it's through no fault of theirs. Definitely recommended.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Travel Joy and for recommending us! Be assured your nice words have been shared with the entire team ! Thanks again and hope to welcome you back soon !