Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

I was only here briefly for one night, but this hostel more than suited my needs. Breakfast was included, with omelets and smoothies as nice options. Would stay here again.

Great hostel!

such a unique place and great location

No complaints. Very helpful staff that explain the public transport. Hostelers here weren't big Europe travelers, which was kind of disappointing. Pretty expensive food downstairs so I'd keep that in mind. I'd definitely go back.

I wish I had something nice to say about this hostel as when its recommended by hostelworld its usually pretty good. On this occasion it was not with all the bunk confusion in our dorm and when talking to the staff they were unhelpful and rude (sorry but bunk shifting when paying for 6 nights is not the norm) The cleanliness of the hostel was awful and the worse I had seen on this trip. They seemed more interested in partying at the bar than actually working.

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay as much as we would have loved to. Some other guests have been changing beds without telling the staff during your stay, that is why there has been some confusion unfortunately. We always try to provide the best customer service possible and guests are usually satisfied about it, we would really be happy to have you back with us sometimes to make it better.

This is a great hostel. The staff was excellent throughout our entire stay. The location is good. I love the view of the Thames. They have a really great breakfast here. They really treat their guests well. I was here over a weekend and the live music downstairs was a lot of fun.

I've been to many hostels across the globe and this is one with unparallel service. The staff were really dedicated and the facilities were good. I especially enjoyed the breakfeat with free omelettes, pancakes and smoothies. Not the cheapest hostel in London but also not the most expensive. However, you really get what you pay for. Good job guys! The only thing that I would change a bit are the meals, they could be a bit bigger, but otherwise they were really good.

• 17th May 2014
  • Slovenia

Thank you for your review. Glad to read you enjoyed our customer service and your stay with us!

Amazing breakfast!!!!

Thank you for your review! Glad to read you enjoyed our free breakfast!

Very convenient place to stay for a visit of London

Thank you for your review! Hope to see you back with us soon!

Cool hostel and great value with a great breakfast included (can get omelettes or pancakes made for free!). Location isn't amazing but 10 minute walk to the tube and then easy from there (also Barclay bikes right outside). The atmosphere of meeting people is a little awkward as the main area for relaxing is a bar and only minor complaint is the limited cooking facilities. But overall, great staff, highly recommend and will definitely be back!

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you back with us soon!

The atmosphere is happy, the staff is highly helpful and friendly. Lots of information leaflets in the common area, the interior is very cozy.

• 8th May 2014
  • Russia

Thank you for your kind words and for your stay with us!

A good safe place to stay

Thank you for your review.

Had something stolen from the lobby while I ate breakfast, but besides that it was a good stay. Very affordable considering its in London!

Thank you for your review. We regret to read that you had an item stolen during your stay. You should have told the staff about it and we could have ran CCTV for you. Thank you again for your stay with us!

Friendly staff, great breakfast (really liked that pancakes and omelettes were included the free breakfast!), good location with walking possible to Big Ben, Westminster, London Eye etc. Tube is close by and a 24h bus line running all the way to Camden Town right outside the door. I'd stay here again!

Thank you for your review, hope to see you soon then!

this hostel rocks! i have stayed in dozens of hostels over the years and this one has by far the best customer service i have ever experienced. a definite recommend.

Thank you for your review! Glad to read that you enjoyed our customer service!

I really enjoyed this hostel. I arrived very early in the morning, way before check-in time. The staff didn't hesitate to put my bag in luggage storage and offer me breakfast. Breakfast was great, with omelettes and crepes and smoothies available as well as cereal, yogurt, and fresh fruit. The rooms were a bit tight but they were clean and safe. The showers and toilet facilities were good. The wifi price was incredible (1 pound for 24 hours). All the staff members were friendly and helpful.

Thank you for your review! Hope to see you back with us soon!

We were greeted after a long morning of flying with breakfast and coffee (even though we couldn't check in until 2pm) and the staff were very helpful in giving us directions. There is a tube stop 5 minutes away and it's about a 20 minute walk to the V&A. The breakfast was great (pancakes and smoothies). More expensive than I usually spend on hostels but worth it.

• 26th Apr 2014

Thank you for your review! Glad to read you enjoyed our breakfast and your stay with us!

Perfect. Really good atmosphere, staff were really helpful and friendly, free soft drinks and coffee all day, omelette breakfast was fantastic and just all round an enjoyable stay. Really easy to get in to the city centre by bus. Close walk to the lovely Chelsea neighbourhood. Close to beautiful Battersea park. Will definitely stay again.

The staff we so nice and hard working, they were very helpful. The location was awesome. I will definitely be staying here again

• 26th Apr 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We would be really glad to have you back with us soon! Many thanks from all the staff!

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »