Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

1985 Total Reviews

Good: Really nice hostel, I'd been back there! Clean enough and really good atmosphere in the pub downstairs. Good breakfast as well, and well connected by tube (10 min. walking from the hostel) and a 24h bus in front f the door. Bad/less good: it hasn't a real kitchen for cooking, wi-fi is half an hour free and then you have to pay, but it is just 1£ per 24h, so affordable

Pretty good hostel, doesn't have a kitchen but they have food you can buy. Breakfast was awesome but the lady serving was so rude. The rest of the staff were so nice and helpful. Good location, only a 20 minute walk to Big Ben. Expensive on weekends but cheap during the week which is annoying but it is London.

Too narrow stairs and too narrow btw beds (too many beds in a small room) Except narrow spaces, everything's fine Free drinks, included breakfast serving omlette for free. Friendly staffs

Convenient location for tourist stuff, and love that the ground floor is a pub! Very cosy place with friendly staff, yummy breakfast, free soda and discounted drinks for hostel guests. Rooms are standard hostel fare, lockers and locks are provided for 5 pound deposit, as are power adapters. Overall, I highly recommend this hostel. Kudos!

I didn't really spend much time at the hostel so hard to comment on atmosphere. But I found the staff very helpful. If you arrive before check in they'll let you have a shower and everything. Good breakfast, all the usual stuff as well as omelettes and smoothies! No real kitchen facilities, just a microwave and kettle.

Really good hostel! great location, bus right outside to the city centre, amazing breakfast, most of the staff are really nice. six bed room was pretty small and quite hot, and wifi is £1 for 24 hours (only 30 mins free each day). but i would stay here again

I stayed in a lot oft hostels during my Tour through England. There wasn`t ans hostel where the value for money was higher\better. You geht free drinks, towels, gold breakfest. I can highly recommend it.

Without a doubt the best hostel I've ever been to, everything was more than I was expecting! Perfect!

• 1st Sep 2013
  • Israel

Terrible mattresses and bunk beds that shake every time you move, but great staff, fabulous breakfast and free beverages. Blandest thai food I have ever had, even after requesting it spicy. The 24 bus stops right out front & is a night bus which is super convenient. Staff very helpful with tourism suggestions and information.

I recommend this hostel.

They are doing very well!

Great hostel, friendly staff. Little bit of a walk from the tube station but hostel more than makes up for it. Also, nice to see two showers in a 6 bed dorm- I've hardly seen this in any hostel.

Excelent hostel. Totally recommended

It is the best hostel in that i have ever been. Excellent. The relation between quality and price is good. I'm completely satisfied.

• 29th Aug 2013
  • Mexico

This was my second stay here, and I was again very happy with my stay. Cleanliness was good at all times. There were extra towels in the shower rooms. There was an atmosphere of friendliness and consideration for others. I liked the idea of a film and popcorn after the bar closes. Great to have the free soft drinks. Allow 3 hours to use the washing machine and dryer. Very friendly and helpful staff. I had a good night's sleep. Great location by the Thames.

value for money, great place.

Loved everything except the passworded wifi! Just charge everyone an extra £1/day and make our lives easier!

One of my preferred hostel in London. Great staff, great facilities. There are tiny things that can make the life of any travellers easier: provided towel, soap and shampoo in the showers. The restaurant menu is good (pizza, Thai food). And you can even eat some pancakes baked on the spot for breakfast, all included. I spent a few days there between two accommodations and it made this uncomfortable situation very bearable.

Staff was very kind and service was nice~ 24 bus was very useful!!! If i travel again london, i will stay here^^

• 26th Aug 2013
  • South Korea

This place is alright, I'm not sure if it was just the people staying there at the time I was but I didn't really get a feel of easily meeting people as I was traveling solo. The staff are friendly and helpful and the downstairs bar is a nice old English pub. The rooms are very small but have lockers for your valuables. If you are looking for a party hostel or to meet people I'm not sure if I'd recommend but then again it could have just been the time I was staying there