Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in one year of travelling, really great place. Perfect location and bus 24 right out the front is super handy. Free breakfast includes pancakes, smoothies and omelettes! And given all the great things here no one can reasonably complain about paying one pound for 24hr wifi.

Thank you for your nice words and your review!

Bit of a walk from the nearest tube station but in a nice safe location. Dorm room was a little cramped but that would be my only minor complaint. Liked the pub downstairs at night........

Probably the only hostel with personalized service where the staff shows each guest around. Very welcoming atmosphere. Definite benefits: free soft drinks, cheap spirits, continental in the morning with omlettes, shakes and fresh croissants. Great place to try your foot in singing or comedy during open mic or even take up Salsa classes. Many thanks to Marie, Tatiana, Nicole for excellent service, Davide for long midnight conversations and Eddie for organizing home cinema with heaps of popcorn.

• 25th Nov 2013
  • Poland

We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We are trying our best to make your stay an amazing time and it’s always a pleasure to read a review like yours. Hope to see you soon in our hostel. Thank you!

Very nice staff, very cosy atmosphere.

Thank you for your review from all the staff!

Very good location, quiet and well connected by bus (even in the night)!!! Room and toilet are clean and staff is good. Plus...very cheap for be in London!!!

Great little spot, all of the staff are super friendly and if you ask for anything they will be more than happy to help. Close to the tube and plenty of shops to get the essentials. Will stay here again for sure!

A big thank you from the staff, it’s always a pleasure to help our guests and make their stay as good as they expect. Have a safe journey!

Location wasn't amazing as it wasn't in the heart of london but there is heaps of public transport nearby to get around. rooms were quite cramped but bar downstairs was good. good atmosphere.

Thank you very much for your review. As you said, we do have the 24bus right in front of the hostel which takes you straight to the centre in 20 min. We are also located at 8-10min walk from Pimlico Station. We are gad to read that you enjoyed our bar downstairs and the atmosphere in the hostel. Thank you!

I love the bar.. Nic atmosphere, Nice hostel..

Hi, thank you very much for your review, happy to read that you had a good time with us! :)

Will be back

Always nice to hear, thank you!

The staff was great, very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the omelettes for breakfast too. I will be be back thanks.

Thank you very much for your review! See you soon then!

What a fantastic hostel! Location is great,there is a bus stop outside to take you anywhere in central London! Coming back to the hostel at night was a breeze. Breakfast was excellent,despite the rude ( German?) girl making omelets. However they ran out of ingredients almost an hour before the breakfast time is over. Poor planning or the german girl just didn't want to make anything? Otherwise, the atmosphere is warm and friendly. Free soft drinks and tea/coffee all day is great!

First of all thanks a lot for your review! We are really happy to read that you had a good stay with us! The person during breakfast had a better training and is not running out of ingredients anymore, sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

I will definitely return if I come to London again. The experience at this hostel was vastly superior to my previous hostel experiences...better value, staff, atmosphere, etc. I only stayed one night, but wish that I could have stayed more.

• 7th Nov 2013

Really nice review, it’s always a pleasure to know that our guests are leaving the hostel with good memories! It would be a real pleasure to see you back with us someday! Thank you.

Location okay, a bit of a walk into sight seeing areas but bus/tube nearby. I don't get paying a deposit for the door security codes which is just them printed on a lamanated card. 30 minutes free wifi each day then you can pay £1 for 24 hours, but okay because breakfast is free plus free drinks 24 hours. I'd stay again.

Poor location, and hard to get in at night though room was clean and unlimited soft drinks was good

This was a last minute booking. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the hostel itself had really good facilities for it's price. The place was kept in good, clean condition and the inclusive breakfast was a bonus.

I didn't stay here long enough to really get a feel for the place, I arrived late and had to leave early the next morning, but it seemed like a really nice hostel. Loved the free drink on check in and the bathrooms were nice.

Security's bad. The way the doors work, it's very easy to accidentally keep them unlocked, and they frequently were. Only had to use the codes to get in once or twice during the whole stay. Staff were very hit or miss. Reception staff- very nice and really helped us figure out how to get around. The woman on omelet duty, however, seemed very inconvenienced by her job and us wanting food, which started our day off on a bad note. Beds were horribly uncomfortable, squeaky, and room was freezing

• 28th Oct 2013

Really good vibe in the hostel. The staff is amazing! I'll be back soon! :)

Travel Joy Hostels came through for me again : ) Marine, Nicole, Shannen and the crew were super as always. They go out of your way to make you feel welcome. I don't see how much longer they can keep this up and stay at these good prices. So, hurry up and book here while it still lasts : ) Oh yeah, the free drink legend is true and it makes all the difference in the world!!!!

Love the breakfasts, and the care for guests. Thank you!