Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

Very nice people, excellent price and localization in London, I recommend 100%!

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Poland

Thank you very much for your review and recommending our hostel, we are always happy to see our guests enjoying their stay with us in London! Hope to see you back soon!

very friendly atmosphere

Thank you for your review! Glad you enjoyed your stay in our hostel!

I've stayed at several hostels in London but once I'd descoved travel not it has become my go to. It's location to victoria station makes it the most convinent place for me to get an early gatwick express. The food at the pub on the main floor is great. The rooms and showers are clean if slightly cramped. The staff are all incredibly friendly. Draw backs are internet is extra (though reasonably priced) an if you are leaving super early in the morning there is no one there for check out.

• 23rd Mar 2014

Thank you from all the staff of Travel Joy for your nice review. Our reception is now open 24/24, so next time you will be staying with us you will have no trouble checking out during the night. Thank you again for your stay with us!

I only stayed one night but it was a good one. The staff are really friendly and helpful and will greet you with a free soft drink and show you to your room. The breakfast was great! Curtains around the beds offer some privacy which was nice. The bed was a bit lumpy and the room could have used some more outlets but I'd still definitely recommend this place.

Thank you for this nice feedback! Hope next time you’ll stay longer! See you soon!

It's the best hostel where I have ever been, really good. :D

Thank you very much for your stay and your review! Glad you had a good time with us, come back soon!

The hostel had a good location close to the Thames and just a 15 minutes walk from Victoria station. The hostel was clean, the staff was nice and free softdrinks and a good breakfast is included in the price.

Thank you very much for your review! We are happy to read you enjoyed your stay in our hostel!

On arrival staff kindly showed me to my room and offered me a free drink. All softdrinks are free to guests! Great shower facilities with free shampoo and soap! Bed ok, very creaky! Suprisingly good food in the pub, pork ribs were yum! Free salsa lessons and other entertainment on different nights. Only downside really is the location - just have to get the bus everywhere, but being on the Thames was nice too:-) Highly recommend, they aim to please!

Thank you for your feedback and recommending our hostel ! Hope to see you soon back in Travel Joy!

This was my second stay at this hostel and I still love it. It may not be in the centre of London but with the 24 Bus at the door you're just 15mins away from Victoria Station, about 20mins away from Westminster, 30mins away from Trafalgar Square and it goes all the way up to Camden Town. The hostel is clean, has a great atmosphere and the staff have always been polite and helpful. The only downside is the amount of stairs you have to climb. Also, free gummy bears and jelly babies! NOM NOM!

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

Thank you for your stay again and your review! We are always happy to give a hand to carry luggages upstairs if needed, next time please, ask us. Hope to see you back soon!

Highly recommended. I stayed only one night here but was SO impressed -- I would definitely come back. One of the main bus lines stops directly in front of the hostel so it is incredibly cheap and easy to get to all the main sights from here. The hostel has a great restaurant and bar and amazing free breakfast and they are very helpful in booking activities. The staff is super helpful and friendly. The rooms are basic but clean. Great value for the location.

Thank you for your review! Hope to have you staying with us for longer next time!

I found the showers difficult to work...The water was much too hot.

Thank you very much for your stay and review. Sorry to hear that you had trouble with the shower mixer, one side controls the flow and the other one the temperature, we know that for people not from England it can unfortunately be confusing. We hope to see you back soon!

とても好きなホステル!

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Japan

Brilliant hostel, the attention to detail in knowing just what a guest needs and wants could not be better. Everything you need is there. Free breakfast with the usual basics toast, tea, coffee, but also also very nice omelette or pancakes freshly made. Everywhere is clean, staff are friendly and helpful, very good atmosphere. Location excellent. Has a bar, but is not rowdy, has open mic nights with good acts, highly recommended hostel, would stay again without thinking, thank you!

• 28th Feb 2014

the breakfast was awesome! right outside the hostel there's a bus stop where you can take bus directly to picadilly. downstairs it's a bar and any drinks without alcohol is free. nice and warm .

Cool hostel, worth the extra coin. Staff were fantastic.

Of all the hostels I have stayed in, by far the most uncomfortable beds. I don't think I have ever actually felt springs quite like that in my back all night. And there were far too many beds for the size and layout of the room. That being said, excellent staff, great atmosphere, fantastic breakfast, awesome central location to London.

I had a great stay at the travel joy hostel! Nice atmosphere, great staff, clean and safe hostel, great food, I had a really good time!

Spend 2 nights in 8 dorm. Nice atmosphere and comfortable space around bar. Mind the gap between bunk-bed and wall if it's arranged upper step.

• 10th Feb 2014
  • Japan

They served many free drinks. That was good.

• 9th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Pretty chill hostel, enjoyed my stay.

The atmosphere in the hostel is just amazing! Starting from the internal design, going through the AMAZING staff and I also need to mention the awesome breakfast. I never eat an omelette like theirs. The people working at the hostel are always nice and help you with everything. Specially Felipo, with a lot of good tips. I had an awesome time at Chelsea and would totally recommend to my friends.