Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

The staff was great, very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the omelettes for breakfast too. I will be be back thanks.

• 9th Nov 2013

Thank you very much for your review! See you soon then!

What a fantastic hostel! Location is great,there is a bus stop outside to take you anywhere in central London! Coming back to the hostel at night was a breeze. Breakfast was excellent,despite the rude ( German?) girl making omelets. However they ran out of ingredients almost an hour before the breakfast time is over. Poor planning or the german girl just didn't want to make anything? Otherwise, the atmosphere is warm and friendly. Free soft drinks and tea/coffee all day is great!

First of all thanks a lot for your review! We are really happy to read that you had a good stay with us! The person during breakfast had a better training and is not running out of ingredients anymore, sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

I will definitely return if I come to London again. The experience at this hostel was vastly superior to my previous hostel experiences...better value, staff, atmosphere, etc. I only stayed one night, but wish that I could have stayed more.

• 7th Nov 2013

Really nice review, it’s always a pleasure to know that our guests are leaving the hostel with good memories! It would be a real pleasure to see you back with us someday! Thank you.

Location okay, a bit of a walk into sight seeing areas but bus/tube nearby. I don't get paying a deposit for the door security codes which is just them printed on a lamanated card. 30 minutes free wifi each day then you can pay £1 for 24 hours, but okay because breakfast is free plus free drinks 24 hours. I'd stay again.

Poor location, and hard to get in at night though room was clean and unlimited soft drinks was good

This was a last minute booking. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the hostel itself had really good facilities for it's price. The place was kept in good, clean condition and the inclusive breakfast was a bonus.

I didn't stay here long enough to really get a feel for the place, I arrived late and had to leave early the next morning, but it seemed like a really nice hostel. Loved the free drink on check in and the bathrooms were nice.

Security's bad. The way the doors work, it's very easy to accidentally keep them unlocked, and they frequently were. Only had to use the codes to get in once or twice during the whole stay. Staff were very hit or miss. Reception staff- very nice and really helped us figure out how to get around. The woman on omelet duty, however, seemed very inconvenienced by her job and us wanting food, which started our day off on a bad note. Beds were horribly uncomfortable, squeaky, and room was freezing

• 28th Oct 2013

Really good vibe in the hostel. The staff is amazing! I'll be back soon! :)

Travel Joy Hostels came through for me again : ) Marine, Nicole, Shannen and the crew were super as always. They go out of your way to make you feel welcome. I don't see how much longer they can keep this up and stay at these good prices. So, hurry up and book here while it still lasts : ) Oh yeah, the free drink legend is true and it makes all the difference in the world!!!!

Love the breakfasts, and the care for guests. Thank you!

one of the best I have stayed at and the food was brilliant and they dealt with me quickly when I knocked before they opened in the morning to leave :-)

• 24th Oct 2013

Amazing place, facilities and staff. If I ever need to go back to a hostel in London then this will be the place I go. An absolute pleasure to be there

• 22nd Oct 2013

Stayed here for a few days in October. Location was excellent as only 15 min walk from Victoria train station. Staff was really friendly and helpful, especially the Australian people :) Would deffo recommend.

We've been to this hostel several times already. It seems a bit far out, but there is an excellent 24 hr bus connection that runs straight past Trafalgar & Leicester Square & Convent Garden to Camden Town. You can walk (or ride the bus) to Victoria Station. A nice walk is also along the river until Big Ben and Houses of Parliament. Breakfast is great with omelets made to order. Soft drinks and coffee are free all day - if you are hit by bad weather you can hang out in their cozy pub.

the staff were extremely friendly and attentive which created a pleasant atmosphere in the pub beneath the hostel. the free breakfast and unlimited free coffee / soft drinks were good, too. however the room itself was quite poky, so small that some of the lockers were in the bathroom. as far as london goes, it's probably the best hostel i've stayed at, but you have to consider that budget accomodation in london on the whole is quite terrible

Have never encountered such helpful and friendly staff - the whole experience is personalised and they ensure you are fully prepared to get the most out of London in terms of information/offers etc. Breakfast alone is worth the money, as well as free soft drinks/earplugs/linen... everything! No kitchen for independent cooking, but cheap meals at the restaurant downstairs. Really social environment, always something happening at the bar and the bus outside the doorstep goes right to the centre!

Great Environment away from all the touristy areas. Tube is 2 blocks away and a Bus right up front for public transportation.

I enjoyed the time I spent in there. The only thing I think should change is the password at the doors, by card should be better because if you get drunk you won't remember any password!!!!

• 17th Oct 2013

Comfortable, welcoming - I felt right at home. Loved the smoothies!

• 17th Oct 2013