Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

Great Environment away from all the touristy areas. Tube is 2 blocks away and a Bus right up front for public transportation.

I enjoyed the time I spent in there. The only thing I think should change is the password at the doors, by card should be better because if you get drunk you won't remember any password!!!!

• 17th Oct 2013

Comfortable, welcoming - I felt right at home. Loved the smoothies!

• 17th Oct 2013

Travel Joy Chelsea is such an amazing place. The rooms are nice, with privacy curtains, lockers and en suite showers and sinks, and there are certainly enough showers and toilets to go around. What makes this hostel so special though is the atmosphere. From the free breakfast in the mornings to the bar at night to the friendly staff, there's always something to do and always a great way to meet people. Whether you're traveling alone or with friends, you'll be sure to have a great experience.

• 16th Oct 2013

Keep hiring great staff!

The staff was helpful and friendly and the rooms were clean. In all my experience with hostels, it's the only place where guests need to pay for wifi to use it beyond 45mins. I find it odd that the reception is locked from guests before 7:30am, which would make things difficult for guests if they need to check-out early to catch a morning flight. Anyway, I managed to check-out early after making my way to the front entrance and convincing the staff that I really had to go.

The staff was incredibly helpful! Tatiana gave me tips on things to do in the city, and also helped me coordinate transportation to Southend airport(way off the beaten path!)...the other staff members were equally friendly and helpful, even composing several lists of things to do in the upcoming cities on my travel itinerary. Free breakfast was mad tasty, and happy hour in the bar had a solid vibe. Overall, a great experience! Would definitely stay again!!

What impressed me most was the behaviour of the staff. Never to busy to answer a question, always ready to help when needed. All in all, a very positive impression. I'll be back!

• 14th Oct 2013
  • Belgium

Friendly and helpful staff, and good location. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Travel joy is one of the best hostel I never stay ! The breakfast is amazing, great pub in the ground floor where you can have all the soft drinks for free! And I loved the area, just in a front of the River Thames and Battersea Power station ! And the good point of this hostel: the staff !!! I had a wonderful stay thanks to all of you !

• 13th Oct 2013

We really had enjoyed our stay in this hostel. Very good breakfast, nice staff, the bus line in front of the hostel takes you near most of the places to see in London.

This hostel was amazing! The girls that work the front desk were so informative and helpful in planning activities. Also, the man who works the desk at night was super helpful with helping us at late check-in and fro calling taxis for us. The 24 bus line picks up right outside and takes you to he center of town! I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

Traveljoy was awesome! It was my first hostel experience so I was a little bit nervous but the whole experience was great! The staff was great and so helpful and the facilities were kept really well. They gave a really good free breakfast and wifi was only £1 for the whole time we were there. Location was a little bit out of the way but close enough to a bunch of really big tourist attractions that you could walk to in about 20 minutes and the Pimlico line went right there from almost everywhere

• 10th Oct 2013

My second time here - great location, good breakfast, helpful and friendly staff, free soft drinks, good rates for the PCs downstairs. But it was weird that bottom bunks in a mixed dorm had curtains , but the top bunks didn't. Why not have curtains for all in mixed dorms? Also there is plenty of info on London in the bar area - no need for yet another intrusive screen with wireless radiation right in the bedroom. And the shower was not working in the room I was in

Locatation is not pretty much ok. Nice staffs and excellent breakfast. Wifi is excellent even in the room. The bar has a music events and mic night and salsa dance events. Its a great place to chill and socialise. Will definitey recommand this hostel.

A nice hostel with a restaurant and bar attached, only downside is the internet costs 1 gbp after 30 mins of use.

I lost my passport and the staff went above and beyond to help me out It was much appreciated thank you

• 2nd Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

Very friendly and helpful staff, beautiful location, and the free beverages were a treat.

I arrived at night and left in the morning so I didn't experience much of the hostel. the staff was friendly tho and the bar/hangout spot downstairs was nice. i definitely would've stayed longer if I didn't have to catch a flight

Nice quiet location. Excellent staffe The hustle is 7 min from the tube but there is a buse outside the door of the hustle that gos to the city. I enjoyed al the cool services provided by the hotel.