Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

I never used the bed as I just checked in to use the shower and change clothes and use the luggage storage facility whilst i went to a interview. Everything was fine from what I saw,, showers were hot, clean and spacious and all rooms had locks and the luggage facility was free and secure.

• 8th Jan 2014

Thank you for your review. Hope that you come back with us sometimes to enjoy a full stay in our hostel!

Loved everything about this place with the exception of the bathroom which obviously had some work in progress. The basin was held up by a piece of wood and the lights didn't work. Luckily there was a street light right outside. The atmosphere was a little like an Amsterdam bar. I'll come back when I can.

• 7th Jan 2014

haha this place is great. the bus stop is literally outside and its a big red bus too so, mad. Not too far from Pimlico either. Definitely go to the fish and chips store in the area, cheap and great. but this hostel is fun! met fun people the staff are mad too! Omlettes for breakfast are greaaaat. no 'free' wifi really but whatever. I can't remember his name but there was I think an Italian guy who worked there, SUPER helpful and lovely guy, helped me cut my lock that i stupidly lost the key to.

The staff were nice & it was cheap. I arrived late but had contacted the hostel to get the codes to get in. The directions didn't say how long the walk from the coach station was & as it was after 1am, I was a bit worried but managed to find it ok. Got up to the room & found my bed with clean, albeit torn, linen. I was sleeping right next to a cracked window. I know with hostels you don't get the best. I think they need to do some renovations: update the bunk beds & make some repairs.

Thank you for your review. This broken window is being replaced, we apology for the inconvenience. Thank you for your review and hope to see you back with us soon.

It was a pleasant stay in a very safe area. I only was there for a day but there were many people moving around from room to room which i didnt like but other than that. there's a bus outside, train station close by.

• 31st Dec 2013

Don't lose Roberto! Had a great 2 nights here!

They had an issue with my booking and required me to switch rooms after the first night, even though my booking didn't require this. The rooms are TINY compared to other London hostels I stayed at. The bathrooms were pretty much filthy and the hallways are full of people's personal belongings (probably because they couldn't fit them in the tiny rooms). Also, this hostel is not ideally located. I left after my first night, though I had two nights booked.

Thank you for your review, unfortunately one male booked a female dorm the first night you were staying with us, as we were fully booked and as it was pretty late in the evening already, to help him, we changed your booking from a twelve bed dorm to a six bed dorm to be able to switch the male in the mixed dorm and offer you a smaller room. To apology for this incident, we charged you half of the price you were supposed to pay. We hope to see you back with us to offer you a better experience

kitchen needed. toilet is not lean enough.

Very sympathetic team and pleasant pub, with free drinks at any time. Good breakfast, with personalized omelettes. The location is good thanks to bus 24, direct to Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and Tottenham Court Road, day and night. Bad mattrass, with hard springs, but I was tired enough to sleep on it.

Thank you for your review which always help us to improve the stay of our guests. The mattress in which you were sleeping in has been replaced. Hope to see you back with us soon.

Joy Travel Hostel was just that. A hostel I enjoyed staying in while traveling. The set up of the main area creates an easy atmosphere and vibe to meet and converse with fellow hostel mates and travelers. The staff was amazingly friendly and knowledgeable of the surrounding areas. The rooms were clean. The facilities were above average and there were plenty. The price was affordable and is the best for the value. This is currently my favorite Hostel and I will certainly return.

• 24th Dec 2013

Travel joy hostel his the best hostel I've Ever stayed in. Awesome breakfast awesome staff especially Tatiana but as well, Fillippo, Marine, Nicole and Shannen, did I mention the breakfast. Awesome omelets.

The first thing you notice is how comfortable everything is in the downstairs bar. The pub has a cozy, warm atmosphere where guests and locals can come to relax, grab a drink and sit on a couch to talk. It made it easier to meet new and interesting people that way. Besides that, the staff is extremely helpful and kind and have no problem suggesting places to go and even in some instances coming with you. When I go back to London, you can bet I'll be staying there again!

This is the nicest hostel I've ever stayed at! Showers and bathrooms in the rooms were exquisite. Staff was very friendly, and the atmosphere in the bar/lobby is great! I LOVED the free drinks. Extremely clean, nice and quiet in the rooms, lots of locker space, and my favorite--curtains on the bottom bunks for extra privacy/darkness! Only downfall: ten minute walk from the Pimlico tube station--but even that's not very bad. Nice part of the city. Gorgeous view of the river. Totally worth a stay!

• 19th Dec 2013

Thank you for your stay with us and for your review. Happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in Travel Joy Hostels!

Me and my daughter liked Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea, very much. Excellent location because it is in front of bus 24 stop, that gives acess to many places in London and runs all day and night. Excellent location also because near the river. Besides several separate showers and wc, we also find a shower and a wc in the same room. We will return here with "joy"! Breakfast was ok but some other hostels have more variety. You need to go upstairs to reach the rooms, there is no lift.

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Portugal

Thank you for your review! Hope to see you back with us soon!

Excellent common room & pub, rooms were clean and so were bathrooms. Extremely nice and helpful staff. Good locker service. Very well connected to city centre.

• 15th Dec 2013

Glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your stay and your review!

Too expensive for a hostel, but that's London in general. The room was a bit cramped, accomodating more people than it should. So much that one of the lockers was inside the ensuite bathroom. The bathroom also had its share of problems, like some detached planks on the floor. On the bright side, the bus stop right on the door was of great help for exploring the city, but there was not many places to go within a walking distance. And it was a nice touch of them offering free drinks.

This hostel is absolutely a good choice if you want to stay in central London; the bus stop for line 24 is in of the hostel and it brings you almost everywhere (even just closer to the tube station if you're lazy as me :D). The staff is really friendly and helpful; the rooms are clean but pretty small. The atmosphere is good but not as good as told in other reviews; the free breakfast is ok (pancakes are not always available). Best hostel I've ever been in London

Thank you for your review. Happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you back with us sometimes!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in.

• 8th Dec 2013
  • South Africa

Thank you for your review! Glad to read that you liked staying in our hostel. Hope to see you soon!

“Everything was perfect! Just one problem with a lady in the bar.. She was always angry and rude.. She is the one with a lot of tattos.. And this is why i will not recomend the place.”

We are really sorry to read you had a misunderstanding with one of our staff; each member of the team likes to interact with our guests and make sure they have a good stay. Thank you for this review and we hope to see you back someday to give ourselves another chance to make you enjoy your stay 100% this time.

Was a bit tough walking here from Victoria station with a suitcase but I was welcomed very warmly by staff and shown to my room which was a nice touch. Having the discounts in the pub and restaurant was great so I didn't have to go searching as I arrived around dinner time and the rooms were lovely and clean (a pity about the guy snoring like a tractor all night!)... breakfast was the best I've ever had in a hostel - pancakes/omelettes and smoothies! Awesome!