Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

Poor location, and hard to get in at night though room was clean and unlimited soft drinks was good

This was a last minute booking. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the hostel itself had really good facilities for it's price. The place was kept in good, clean condition and the inclusive breakfast was a bonus.

I didn't stay here long enough to really get a feel for the place, I arrived late and had to leave early the next morning, but it seemed like a really nice hostel. Loved the free drink on check in and the bathrooms were nice.

Security's bad. The way the doors work, it's very easy to accidentally keep them unlocked, and they frequently were. Only had to use the codes to get in once or twice during the whole stay. Staff were very hit or miss. Reception staff- very nice and really helped us figure out how to get around. The woman on omelet duty, however, seemed very inconvenienced by her job and us wanting food, which started our day off on a bad note. Beds were horribly uncomfortable, squeaky, and room was freezing

• 28th Oct 2013

Really good vibe in the hostel. The staff is amazing! I'll be back soon! :)

Travel Joy Hostels came through for me again : ) Marine, Nicole, Shannen and the crew were super as always. They go out of your way to make you feel welcome. I don't see how much longer they can keep this up and stay at these good prices. So, hurry up and book here while it still lasts : ) Oh yeah, the free drink legend is true and it makes all the difference in the world!!!!

Love the breakfasts, and the care for guests. Thank you!

one of the best I have stayed at and the food was brilliant and they dealt with me quickly when I knocked before they opened in the morning to leave :-)

• 24th Oct 2013

Amazing place, facilities and staff. If I ever need to go back to a hostel in London then this will be the place I go. An absolute pleasure to be there

• 22nd Oct 2013

Stayed here for a few days in October. Location was excellent as only 15 min walk from Victoria train station. Staff was really friendly and helpful, especially the Australian people :) Would deffo recommend.

We've been to this hostel several times already. It seems a bit far out, but there is an excellent 24 hr bus connection that runs straight past Trafalgar & Leicester Square & Convent Garden to Camden Town. You can walk (or ride the bus) to Victoria Station. A nice walk is also along the river until Big Ben and Houses of Parliament. Breakfast is great with omelets made to order. Soft drinks and coffee are free all day - if you are hit by bad weather you can hang out in their cozy pub.

the staff were extremely friendly and attentive which created a pleasant atmosphere in the pub beneath the hostel. the free breakfast and unlimited free coffee / soft drinks were good, too. however the room itself was quite poky, so small that some of the lockers were in the bathroom. as far as london goes, it's probably the best hostel i've stayed at, but you have to consider that budget accomodation in london on the whole is quite terrible

Have never encountered such helpful and friendly staff - the whole experience is personalised and they ensure you are fully prepared to get the most out of London in terms of information/offers etc. Breakfast alone is worth the money, as well as free soft drinks/earplugs/linen... everything! No kitchen for independent cooking, but cheap meals at the restaurant downstairs. Really social environment, always something happening at the bar and the bus outside the doorstep goes right to the centre!

Great Environment away from all the touristy areas. Tube is 2 blocks away and a Bus right up front for public transportation.

I enjoyed the time I spent in there. The only thing I think should change is the password at the doors, by card should be better because if you get drunk you won't remember any password!!!!

• 17th Oct 2013

Comfortable, welcoming - I felt right at home. Loved the smoothies!

• 17th Oct 2013

Travel Joy Chelsea is such an amazing place. The rooms are nice, with privacy curtains, lockers and en suite showers and sinks, and there are certainly enough showers and toilets to go around. What makes this hostel so special though is the atmosphere. From the free breakfast in the mornings to the bar at night to the friendly staff, there's always something to do and always a great way to meet people. Whether you're traveling alone or with friends, you'll be sure to have a great experience.

• 16th Oct 2013

Keep hiring great staff!

The staff was helpful and friendly and the rooms were clean. In all my experience with hostels, it's the only place where guests need to pay for wifi to use it beyond 45mins. I find it odd that the reception is locked from guests before 7:30am, which would make things difficult for guests if they need to check-out early to catch a morning flight. Anyway, I managed to check-out early after making my way to the front entrance and convincing the staff that I really had to go.

The staff was incredibly helpful! Tatiana gave me tips on things to do in the city, and also helped me coordinate transportation to Southend airport(way off the beaten path!)...the other staff members were equally friendly and helpful, even composing several lists of things to do in the upcoming cities on my travel itinerary. Free breakfast was mad tasty, and happy hour in the bar had a solid vibe. Overall, a great experience! Would definitely stay again!!