Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

1985 Total Reviews

very noisy being on the main road, other than that good location, staff was nice.

Chelsea is an great neighbourhood to stay in because it is a wealthier area and safe at night, however... there isn't much to do in terms of night life close by to the hostel. It is right outside a great bus route but you definitely can't walk to any good pubs or to pub crawls. On a positive note, the staff are friendly and helpful - they put us in a private room for our entire stay when they noticed we had one night booked in a 6 person room and 2 nights in a private room for no extra charge.

hostel excels on atmosphere and generally attentive staff. What lets it down is the facilities. Shower too hot with no cold water, cramped rooms which are in poort state of decoration. cheap bed and bedding. Place generally a health and safety nightmare. water machine not working upstairs. No real suprise to what you can find out online so I guess you won't generally mind. Plus's are being in a cheap pub, breakfast- omelettes and smoothies to order. Free soft drinks.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Wales

The staff were fantastic and extremely helpful when it came to getting around London. I would most definitely stay there again if I am in London.

• 16th Aug 2013

Nice and quiet hostel, with a pretty decent location and a nice view on the Thames river and Battersea power station... Staff are nice and the Bar and Breakfast area downstairs is cool, even though it was unfortunate it closes rather early at night.. :-/ All in all would certainly visit again :-)

• 15th Aug 2013

The Finn-Olli was super friendly, like the rest of the staff as well. Breakfast good, included to the price. the location was awesome, easy to take the bus to the downtown.

• 15th Aug 2013
  • Finland

i had a wonderfull stay!

I really enjoyed my stay at the Travel Joy hostel. The rooms, however small, were clean, there was a plenty of room in the lockers to keep stuff, the staff was very helpful, and the additional perks (free drinks, concerts in the evening etc.) made the stay a lot of fun. The only little quibble was that there was not that many showers and toilets, so sometimes you'd have to wait a bit longer, but other than that, everything was great.

The location, breakfast, staff and it being a pub as well as a hostel makes it a really nice stay.

I could not have been more impressed with my check-in service. It was better than my recent 4 star hotel experience. The dormitory was a normal hostel dormitory, meaning that we slept in bunks with 10 people to a room, but the atmosphere was good and everything was correct and clean. The bathrooms surpassed my expectations for cleanliness. The breakfast included was cooked to order crepes or omelette, I was amazed. Excellent hostel and value for money.

• 11th Aug 2013

Loved the friendliness of my dormmates, the staff were helpful and cheerful, the location was fantastic (above a pub and a bus stop was right in front), felt completely safe, the breakfast was a fantastic variety and started at a great time. Wifi was free for first 30 mins and then only £1 for the whole day. Hope to stay there again, I absolutely loved it!!

The gentleman above me brought a girl home with him and they hooked up on the bunk on top of me. You couldnt sit up on the bottom bunk. Other than that it was a great deal.

No kitchen, or rather this consisted of a fridge and a microwave for everyone. Great place to socialise and meet new people. Rooms the cleanest i have seen in all the hostels i have stayed in however the room in which the washing machine was located was not nice.

Bit of a walk but on the bus its no problem! friendly workers and all around solid hostel.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming, and the atmosphere in the hostel was brilliant. There were lots of little touches that made the experience all the better. The location is fantastic - just minutes from several London hotspots. I would highly encourage people to stay here.

Great Value- brilliant atmosphere. Rooms overlooking main street were extremely noisy with passing traffic all night long. Other rooms may have been a lot quieter. Generally very good value for a low budget experience.

Right from the start the staff was very friendly and explained me what was going on in the neighbourhood. The Staff was really great, but my personal highlight would have been the atmosphere there was in the Hostel. At first you had to get the feeling a bit, but very soon you will enjoy every second of it. The free soft drinks where also very nice. I really enjoyed my stay at the Travel Joy Hostel. Already booked it for my way back through London. ^-^

• 6th Aug 2013

free soft drinks all day is awesome!the staff was really nice and helpful, just a bit disappointing you have no space to stay after midnight when the pub downstairs closes and London is not dat hot to stay in the tables they have outside. the wifi is free for the first half hour and then you have to pay 1pound for the all day which is fair enough. the beds shakes a bit but for a few nights out is fine. of course tiny stairs but nth to complain, england has stairs EVERYWHERE! Bus stop 10metres!

As all staffs are very kind, I could enjoy my trip well.

• 3rd Aug 2013
  • South Korea

Found it after a few wrong directions, girl who welcomed me, Melissa?, from Argentina was excellent, a lovely girl and most helpful. The gentleman in charge was also quite helpful. Room was up several floors and not much room to move, people sharing room were inconsiderate, beds bunk above moved a lot. Breakfasts were very good. Meals not so good, I had pasta, it was fairly ordinary. It gave me somewhere to stay, my bag was locked away securely. Other staff,ok