Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

Nice hostel. No kitchen...great staff and location.

My friend and me stayed in for 4 nights. Very clean rooms, good showers. The breakfast was great, unlimited soft drinks (coke, coffee, tea, orange juice...), the personal is so nice and multi-languaged. Good place, Bus stop in front of the hostel (24h bus), 7min for the subway station (Pimlico). The best youth hostel i've ever seen!

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you back with us soon!

The bar downstairs is terrific for relaxing and meeting people. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Atmosphere is youthful but inclusive of all ages and I felt very at ease as a solo traveller of 50. The dorm room experience is what you can expect anywhere in London: as many beds as possible squeezed in to make a buck. TravelJoy is no different in that respect. But in every other way - including a delicious breakfast! - they're a cut above the rest. I highly recommend this hostel.

Thank you for your review and for recommending our hostel, we are always happy to make our guests enjoy their stay in London, we hope to see you back soon!

Good atmosphere and good people and good homelette!!!!I had just invite many friends to host in that hostel if they spend holiday in London

• 16th Jan 2014

Thank you for your review! Your friends are more than welcome to stay in our hostel, we will make sure they have a great experience in London!

I stayed at a number of hostels while abroad this time, and Travel Joy Chelsea was my absolute favorite. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the sheets and floors are clean, bathrooms are decent, and the price is right. The bus stops right out in front and the bar shuts down to the public at midnight, but remains open to hostel guests. Breakfast is awesome, and they'll even send you away with a breakfast bag if you're in a rush. Kind, warm, welcoming, and comfortable...and affordable!!!

• 13th Jan 2014

Thank you for your detailed review and for enjoying your stay in our hostel!

Great Staff, Great place, the location is perfect since you have the 24 Bus line right at the front door which crosses London. Great breakfast in the morning!

Thank you for your feedback! Happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you back with us soon!

The hostel is the best ive been to.

• 11th Jan 2014

I never used the bed as I just checked in to use the shower and change clothes and use the luggage storage facility whilst i went to a interview. Everything was fine from what I saw,, showers were hot, clean and spacious and all rooms had locks and the luggage facility was free and secure.

• 8th Jan 2014

Thank you for your review. Hope that you come back with us sometimes to enjoy a full stay in our hostel!

Loved everything about this place with the exception of the bathroom which obviously had some work in progress. The basin was held up by a piece of wood and the lights didn't work. Luckily there was a street light right outside. The atmosphere was a little like an Amsterdam bar. I'll come back when I can.

• 7th Jan 2014

haha this place is great. the bus stop is literally outside and its a big red bus too so, mad. Not too far from Pimlico either. Definitely go to the fish and chips store in the area, cheap and great. but this hostel is fun! met fun people the staff are mad too! Omlettes for breakfast are greaaaat. no 'free' wifi really but whatever. I can't remember his name but there was I think an Italian guy who worked there, SUPER helpful and lovely guy, helped me cut my lock that i stupidly lost the key to.

The staff were nice & it was cheap. I arrived late but had contacted the hostel to get the codes to get in. The directions didn't say how long the walk from the coach station was & as it was after 1am, I was a bit worried but managed to find it ok. Got up to the room & found my bed with clean, albeit torn, linen. I was sleeping right next to a cracked window. I know with hostels you don't get the best. I think they need to do some renovations: update the bunk beds & make some repairs.

Thank you for your review. This broken window is being replaced, we apology for the inconvenience. Thank you for your review and hope to see you back with us soon.

It was a pleasant stay in a very safe area. I only was there for a day but there were many people moving around from room to room which i didnt like but other than that. there's a bus outside, train station close by.

• 31st Dec 2013

Don't lose Roberto! Had a great 2 nights here!

They had an issue with my booking and required me to switch rooms after the first night, even though my booking didn't require this. The rooms are TINY compared to other London hostels I stayed at. The bathrooms were pretty much filthy and the hallways are full of people's personal belongings (probably because they couldn't fit them in the tiny rooms). Also, this hostel is not ideally located. I left after my first night, though I had two nights booked.

Thank you for your review, unfortunately one male booked a female dorm the first night you were staying with us, as we were fully booked and as it was pretty late in the evening already, to help him, we changed your booking from a twelve bed dorm to a six bed dorm to be able to switch the male in the mixed dorm and offer you a smaller room. To apology for this incident, we charged you half of the price you were supposed to pay. We hope to see you back with us to offer you a better experience

kitchen needed. toilet is not lean enough.

The hostel is excellent. You can meet people from everywhere on the sitting room. There's a very good restaurant inside the hostel with thai food. The breakfast is pretty good too. Loved that hostel, despite the tube be located a bit far.

Very sympathetic team and pleasant pub, with free drinks at any time. Good breakfast, with personalized omelettes. The location is good thanks to bus 24, direct to Big Ben, Trafalgar Square and Tottenham Court Road, day and night. Bad mattrass, with hard springs, but I was tired enough to sleep on it.

Thank you for your review which always help us to improve the stay of our guests. The mattress in which you were sleeping in has been replaced. Hope to see you back with us soon.

Joy Travel Hostel was just that. A hostel I enjoyed staying in while traveling. The set up of the main area creates an easy atmosphere and vibe to meet and converse with fellow hostel mates and travelers. The staff was amazingly friendly and knowledgeable of the surrounding areas. The rooms were clean. The facilities were above average and there were plenty. The price was affordable and is the best for the value. This is currently my favorite Hostel and I will certainly return.

• 24th Dec 2013

Travel joy hostel his the best hostel I've Ever stayed in. Awesome breakfast awesome staff especially Tatiana but as well, Fillippo, Marine, Nicole and Shannen, did I mention the breakfast. Awesome omelets.

The first thing you notice is how comfortable everything is in the downstairs bar. The pub has a cozy, warm atmosphere where guests and locals can come to relax, grab a drink and sit on a couch to talk. It made it easier to meet new and interesting people that way. Besides that, the staff is extremely helpful and kind and have no problem suggesting places to go and even in some instances coming with you. When I go back to London, you can bet I'll be staying there again!