Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Reviews

111 Grosvenor Road, Pimlico, London, England

1991 Total Reviews

As all staffs are very kind, I could enjoy my trip well.

• 3rd Aug 2013
  • South Korea

Found it after a few wrong directions, girl who welcomed me, Melissa?, from Argentina was excellent, a lovely girl and most helpful. The gentleman in charge was also quite helpful. Room was up several floors and not much room to move, people sharing room were inconsiderate, beds bunk above moved a lot. Breakfasts were very good. Meals not so good, I had pasta, it was fairly ordinary. It gave me somewhere to stay, my bag was locked away securely. Other staff,ok

Wonderful place, would definitely go back again. One little problem though, during breakfast tables were very dirty and it was evident and there was no one cleaning them.

• 2nd Aug 2013
  • Mexico

Staffs are very kind and free drinks are excellent

• 1st Aug 2013
  • South Korea

Great location and great staff! Only issue is with the bathrooms which have limited showers and toilets. Long waits in the morning. Otherwise a great place to stay.

Very good! Nice all♥

• 29th Jul 2013
  • South Korea

Had an amazing stay, everyone was so nice and being an alone traveller never once felt lonely!

May not be the best hostel in London, but I really enjoyed staying in this hostel. The location is not very close to the underground, but you can take a lovely walk along Thames river. Also, you can get free drinks at the bar anytime anyday!

Was a hostel with real heart. Wonderful place to meet, socialise and connect with other interesting travellers. The staff really cared about those who were staying in the hostel.

Good hostel, nice area but a bit far from everywhere after the tube closes.

Excellent stay. Will be staying again for sure. I come to London at least five times a year for Jazz Society committee meetings (Duke Ellington) . Being retired and working in an unpaid capacity a need a good cheap place to stay in central London and this ticks the boxes.

• 20th Jul 2013

Most of the staff ignored us, or we had to wait a while to get their attention even though it wasn't very busy. However, one guy in particular was very friendly and suggested us places to visit, which is why I gave the staff rating an average instead of poor. A major complaint I have is the cleanliness of the place. The sheets, bedding, and towels provided had a brown or yellow stain on it. It was disgusting. The bathroom was also very dirty. I did like that they provided free drinks.

Overall excellent experience. Very quiet at night. Great hospitality(free soft drinks at any time, great breakfast). Everything looks relatively clean and new.

• 19th Jul 2013

Simply great! The hostel apply a good use on the money we pay for the stay. Extremely clean rooms with big lockers (fits 3 average backpacks) and fully equipped bathrooms (even soap and shampoo dispensers at showers). Great and freshly made breakfast (it is not a huge one but it has all you need and you can eat as much as you like). It also gives free soft drinks when the bar is open. Right next to a 24/7 bus line which takes you to central area and has buses every 10 minutes.

• 19th Jul 2013

It was the best hostel ever. Great location, very nice and helpful staff, EXCELENT breakfast, EXCELENT bathrooms (there was even soap and shampo for free). When I arrived, they gave me a very good map and told me about all the turistics places in london. It was wonderfull. I would come back there and would recomend this for everbody, I would stay even with my family there, that`s for sure!

Good location with a bus stop right outside, very friendly staff, excellent breakfast! (they even made omlettes and pancakes for us!), and the rooms were clean even in the 14 bed room. would stay here again

Direction by walking from Victoria train Station were confusing.

Very nice staff, clean hostel. Loved the free soft drinks and drink deals. Would definitely stay here again.

The staff were absolutely fantastic and really professional. The general areas were always very clean and tidy. The only problem I had during my stay was the fact that it was absolutely roasting in London and two of the three windows in our room were painted shut so it was sweltering at night.

• 8th Jul 2013
  • Scotland

The place was perfect! ive stayed in loads of different hostels in London and this was my best experience. Staff is very friendly, food is good, location perfect. Breakfast was amazing! Pancakes and omelette for breakfast and nothing ever runs out.. i dont know any other hostel that really cares about their travellers so much! Thanks guys!