Traveler Banana Reviews

No. 22, Yishu St., Longjing Dist., Taichung, Taiwan

the hostel guy not only gave wrong info but also insulted me

此人根本沒有來,評論純粹為報復性 是純粹來找碴的客人

Don't think of living in a "hostel" but living in your Taiwan friend's home. The host is nice and give good recommendation for travel (not on travel book) And he can give you very detail direction which is very good. If you are expecting all the service and facilities and stuff, I think you should go to hotel but not here.

Nice place, a traditional home with some hostel rooms attached. The location was in a wonderful area with great food, crafts, even antique shopping. There is a bus nearby that goes some of the tourist destinations. We enjoyed out time there and would stay again if we returned to the area.

Good facilities,convenient place and helpful staff. Note twin ensuit is with a glass slide door, you can hear if someone's talking in the sitting room (but at nights when people get to bed it's ok). Need to make a call and wait when you arrive.

I dun know why the owner is operating this guest house. He is more interested in his cat than customers.

Host was really nice helping us to plan our itinerary. Place is nice with all kinds of facilities. Nice stay in Taichung!

• 9th Jan 2014
  • Hong Kong

it is not good for parking. a little bit noisy in the morning, due to garbage truck... the others are ok

I was traveling alone and revisiting taichung for four nights. decided to stay out of the regular and popular choice of fengjia market and was a great decision! Xiaoxie, the owner of the hostel was so friendly he helped me plan my itinerary every night, even telling me the buses to take, the things that the locals do. i really enjoyed my stay there and felt cosy like home. thank you!! :))

The place is allocated in remote distance, but the host actively sent me email and gave me way how to be there. Unlike downtown, Tunghai Utopia Art Street nearby come with quiet environment. The interior design is remarkable. The kitchen is capable to have a DIY dining. The host also gave me useful information in planning my trip

Good location....but not near train station. It is located in the heart of the arts district and near the tung hai university and tung hai night market. There is mixed form penthouse with a lovely rooftop that you can see stars. Good mattressand thick blankets (it was getting cold). Friendly and helpful owner Xiao Xie.