Traveller's Haven Reviews

Riklijeva cesta 1, Bled, Slovenia

Nice quiet hostel, Mirjam makes the place - very helpful and friendly!

This hostel was absolutely disgusting. I stayed there for just one night, but it was enough to realise how poor is that's place's cleanliness. Never been to a place like that. Everything was completely dirty and smelling terribly. They only had three tiny working showers for the entire hostel, which made that place get easily dirty and busy the whole day. The staff was good, but the wifi signal isn't that good. The location is great, but it doesn't worth at all. Don't recommend it for sure.

Dear Daniela Fagundes, Thank you for your comment. We usually don't reply to reviews, but in this case it's needed to justify the name of the hostel. Unfortunately by the time you were here the main water pipe in our 1st floor shower cracked open. We did our best and call immediate help. The workers were walking in and out, that is why it wasn't as clean as it should be. Of course we were cleaning constantly. Same problem caused the smell. We do apologize for your terrible stay.

Staff was very friendly and approachable, with lots of tips about actives. A great place to stay in bled.

The woman at reception was so informative, gave me so much detail of what to do in bled - I hadn't realised there was so much to do!

Great hostel with one of the best kitchens I've seen. The owner is really nice and she's a great source of information on Bled and it's surroundings. Wifi was good. Sadly lacks lockers in the rooms.

Really friendly staff with great advice, brilliant location, just a stroll down to the lake! Nice big kitchen and living room space, comfy beds and plenty of plug points. Good bathrooms as well - strongly recommend

The staff were absolutely wonderful. The wifi doesn't work very well in the rooms only in the common area. I appreciate the staff tried to clean the rooms and bathrooms as much as they can but it was not as clean as it could be. Not a huge issue though. Enjoyed my time there and Bled is a treasure of a place.

This hostel definitely needs some TLC, the bathrooms aren't the nicest but saying that the room was comfortable, the sheets were clean and the kitchen area is a decent size. It's right next to the supermarket and the staff were brilliant at helping me organise my stay including hiring a bike and my airport transfer. There aren't really lockers, just little safes that I had no idea how to use! Most people do keep the rooms locked during the day though so it's relatively safe. Good atmosphere too!

Really nice hostel. Staff are amazing! Some handyman jobs need doing but that's it. Up a hill but perfectly located for castle, bus station, the gorge and lake. Full kitchen and common area. Very clean

If you visit Bled you must stay here. The location is perfect, it is a short walk from the bus station and the lake. It's also located next to a grocery store and the hostel itself has a great kitchen and common room that promotes meeting others. The staff is also the best I have yet to see and I have been traveling for almost 3 months. Make sure you stay at Travellers Haven.

The hostel manager is very patient and helpful, I would highly recommend staying here just because of her!

Excellent location, short walk from the bus station and the lake. Fantastic staff was very helpful with suggestions and booking activities.

Staff was very helpful all the time

Good atmosphere, friendly staff and good location

Staff was very helpful. There was a lot of noise one of the nights. The other 3, it was ok

Co-Ed bathrooms and showers which was unusual but they were never too busy so it wasn't an issue. Everyone we met at this hostel was friendly. There is a supermarket across the road and just up the hill from the lake. The staff were really friendly and even though it says reception is shut between 1 and 4 the lady was just cleaning inside so she could still check us in no issues.

The location here is brilliant - just a 5 minute walk down to the lake. The staff are also very friendly and approachable if there's anything you need to ask. The kitchen area was nice and social with everything you'd need to cook a decent meal.

One of the best hostels we have ever stayed in. Excellent location, cleanliness and facilities, but what makes this place special is the staff. Thank you Ursa and team for going above and beyond for us.

• 14th Aug 2015

Most if the hostels at lake Bled are within metres of each other km a very good location near the castle. This hostel had great WiFi, was clean, and had very supportive staff.

Had a great stay, receptionists were lovely and the hostel was fab. I wish every hostel was like this!

• 12th Aug 2015