Traveller's Haven Reviews

Riklijeva cesta 1, Bled, Slovenia

I loved staying at Traveler's Haven! It's fabulous every time. I stayed here about six years ago and I would definitely stay here again.The people at the hostel are so warm and welcoming and the location is excellent in this beautiful town. I look forward to my return. Thank you so much for everything Traveler's Haven! You guys are the best!

• 13th Oct 2014

Nice location. Nice staff. The wifi worked well. Great place to meet people. The staff were friendly and helped me book some day trips. Kind of inconvenient that they close the reception during the afternoon. The no shoes rule wasn't that weird: a lot of people go hiking etc. and making people take off their shoes prevents the hostel from becoming one big muddy mess. The only thing I didn't like was the bathroom. A little more privacy when taking a shower would be nice.

superfriendly staff :)

• 15th Sep 2014

Great Location. Really accommodating staff and very knowledgeable about hiking and activities around as well as good routes and viewpoints. It was only half full but still good for meeting a lot of people.

I only stayed one night. The facilities could use some renovations but clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. You have to remove your shoes and wear house slippers upon entrance, but that gives it a home-like feel. Free stuff: good wifi, computer, safe, washing machine, map

Very nice staff!

Great place to stay. It's control , has good kitchen and bathroom facilities as well as light

Really liked this place, it was nice and clean, had that bacpackery feel to it, really big kitchen and common area.

Extremely friendly staff, absolutely stunning location, great stay all round. Incredibly easy to reach the beautiful area, especially with the offer of free bikes. Amazing

The hostel was good, but I think the staff were the highlight. They were very helpful when booking trips away and giving details about what to do in Bled. The rooms were fairly spacious, the only issue I could think of in the bedroom was my rickety bunk bed. There were plenty of toilets across all levels and the showers were curtained, although this wasn't an issue. The dining room and lounge were clean and had suitable equipment to make your own food. The free bikes need a little TLC.

The bathroom was not very clean and had no hand soap. However the hostel staff was very helpful and the beds were very comfortable!

Had an amazing time at Travellers Haven, feels like being in a big family home instead of a hostel. Great service from the staff, clean rooms and a great location.

Brilliant hostel, only a couple of minutes walk to the lake, supermarket across the road! Very friendly staff, gave us loads of tips on walking up to Vintgar Gorge, Canyoning, etc. My favourite hostel from the 10 or so we stayed at during interrailing.

The staff are super friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

Right near the centre. Lots of activities to do right near the hostel. Brilliant kitchen space and tv room where you can easily make friends with other travelers. Very helpful staff who gave us lots of advice on where to go and were extremely polite and friendly. Would definitely go back!

Fantastic equipped kitchen and communal areas, gave a great friendly hostel atmosphere. Staff friendly and helpful. Although no large lockers in the rooms we didn't feel we needed them. Although it advertises it has it's own bikes to borrow, we still had to pay €10 per day to hire them from else ware since there were only two 'in operational use' and even those we didn't trust at all!

"Free Bikes" were all broken. Flies is the kitchen.

• 10th Aug 2014

Excellent location- right next to the bus station, the lake and a supermarket. I loved the free bicycles but you have to wake up early to get a good one. The staff were amazing and will give you advice about which attractions to see and how to get there. My only problem was that the showers were a bit smelly, but that might just be due to the humid weather and not the staff's fault.

I didn't love this place. Not a bad location, decent wifi. The room had too many beds in it for the size so there was no where to put your stuff or walk. Not enough outlets in the room. Nice kitchen, bathrooms but not the cleanest. The staff were nice but lots of times not there when you needed them. Free laundry was a bonus but there was only one machine working. Atmosphere meh.

Overall consider within expectation accept the cleanliness is below satisfaction