Travellers Home Hostel Reviews

33 Ferenc k�r�t, Budapest, Hungary

Great experience with Travellers Home Hostel esp. thanks to great Mr Sandor who runs the hostel.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

How could I rate this Hostel less than 110% ????? Sandor is totally devoted to His guests He ran Me around in His car searching for a Bus to take Me to Belgrade. When this proved impossible, I was dropped to go on a "Hop/on/off tour " Whilst Sandor researched the Train options Which ultimately I booked. .Sandor is the MAN.

Sandor, the owner, is an educated, kind and friendly man who made me feel totally at ease traveling as a solo senior lady thousands of miles from home. His picking me up at the train station was a huge help, and I also used his service of a ride to the airport where I was picked up promptly at 3:30 AM. He upgraded my room at his own expense because he was concerned about the steps to the 2nd floor room I actually booked. His very high rating is deserved with premiere service for each guest.

• 13th Jul 2014

Budapest is a great city, but the best impression we picked up from our trip was Sandor's personality. He is very professional, kind and always available when needed. The first thing he does when guests arrive is explaining the city, with all the necessary and interesting information. The hostel has a great location, directly connected to all the main city sights with public transport. Our room was fine, had everything we needed. It was a great experience, I truly recommend this hostel.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Serbia

I have stayed for a weekend in Budapest early July and Sandor was a perfect host! When I arrived in Budapest he picked me up at the rail station and on the way to the hostel he showed me some of the city´s main atractions and buildings. After arriving there he gave me a map and leaflets with parties, places to eat and showed me how to get to each place. Sandor is very inteligent, helpful and friendly. He knows everything about Budapest! Would definetly stay there again!

Sandor's welcoming attitude and recommendations made our time in Budapest so special!

Great place and Sandor is a great host. Helped a lot explaining all about the city and the events. I highly recommend his place. Just walking distance from the very center of the city. All was perfect. Thanks a lot Sandor!!!!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Greece

By far one of the best places I have stayed in Europe. Sandor iis brilliant and willing to do anything you need. He collected me from the station and went through everything with me. I was able to go to certain places on his recommendations. The hostel is amazing with a shared kitchen and the rooms are very secure. I would definitely stay here again!

• 31st May 2014

The host was very helpful We were not disappointed in this visit

Perfect place to live. Sandor is excellent person!!! The Hostel does not have reception but Sandor can reeach you with a call (in a short time) to help you. He work like a tour guide in Budapest. His pick up serivce from train station is perfect for the first time comers to Budapest.

• 20th May 2014
  • Turkey

Sandor is a gem and definitely one of the most friendly people I've ever met! He sat me down and gave me advice on what to do with my very limited time in Budapest. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to interact with him and I would recommend Travellers Home Hostel to anyone and everyone!

We have stayed at Travellers Home 4 days in early May, the only word to say it was awesome. The location should be the best in Budapest. The owner,Sándor, is very kind, the flat we had booked was 3 rooms and we booked 2 rooms and he didn't take new reservation for other room to make us comfortable. We really appreciate it. From the flat you can reach everywhere easily by public transportation, which works 7/24. If I would have gone Budapest again, I'd chosen it.

I really liked my stay in the Hostel. I got all help needed to have a great time and a lot of fun in the city.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Sandor was an excellent host. Our pick up from the train station was very much appreciated. The hostel is more like a private apartment and when considering the price it's an absolute bargain. Sandor gave us very good and thorough recommendations on the best places to visit and eat in the city. The beds are very comfortable and the building is very secure. Location wise it is place just outside the city centre but next to a tram stop which links you to the rest of the city.

Very good hostel. Owner very hospitable and helpful. I definitely recommend this hostel for a short stay in Budapest. Close to Metro Station and to restaurants and cafe area.

I stayed in a one bdrm room that had my own bathroom and I felt very safe. Sándor was very helpful and always was prompt about communicating with me. It was him that made my stay as comfortable as possible. Easy to get to by metro and tram. Grocery and other food options nearby. Could easily walk to museums and to the Central Market.

• 12th Apr 2014

Great location for seeing all the sites. Staff are very enthusiastic and the bed was so comfortable!!!

• 12th Apr 2014

Well, at the beginning the place looks like a little strange; because there is not sign which inform you about the location, and if you arrive at night it could be a little difficult to get. However Sandor (the hostel's owner) is a very good person. He represents all the best of the hungarian people. He is a friendly person and quite loyal and acts in good faith, and he is always interested in making your stay in Budapest as nice as possible.

everything was perfect!

• 26th Mar 2014

Amazing place to stay. Could not have asked for anything better. Was like staying in our own private apartment. Definitely worth every penny. Hostel owner was very helpful.

• 20th Mar 2014