Travellers Home Hostel Reviews

33 Ferenc k�r�t, Budapest, Hungary

Excellent service and value for money. Thank you! -Nicolette from Hong Kong.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Sandor was very helpful, giving us a map and telling us all about the city - we couldn't have asked for a better host! The room was spacious and the shower had excellent pressure, although it was handheld over a bath. Would definitely stay again though.

Fantastic hostel, one of the best I have ever stayed in and certainly the best I have used in Budapest.

• 9th Aug 2014

Sandor, the host was unbelievably friendly. He kindly came to the station for picking us up. I never saw this welcoming host before. Before guiding us to the accomodation, he briefly showed us hot spots

Sándor is the hero of the story. Each positive element in all these reviews... is true.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This is the best hostel we have ever stayed in! Sandor is a fantastic host, he picked us up at the bus station even though our bus was an hour late, and told us all the best places to go and things to do. We were staying in an apartment with common kitchen and bathroom and lounge, and it was all perfectly clean and functional. We wish we could have stayed longer! Thanks so much Sandor!

The apartment we stayed at had 3 rooms, a common area and a kitchen. Along with 2 bathroom, 1 attached and 1 common. The place was amazing... Neat and clean with all the facilities one would require. The location was also great with the tram and metro station only 2 mins away and a money changer right next door. Sanfor, is a wonderful and helpful person who gave us a low down on everything one should do in Budapest! Over all we had an excellent stay and would def. stay there again.

The owner was helpful to bring us at airport at 23h for 18€. He explain a lot, lot, lot of things to do but we were so tired!! *the room is little and share a flat with 2 others rooms. This is a good place calm and restful. Not very bright place too but it's good for tourism.

Great experience with Travellers Home Hostel esp. thanks to great Mr Sandor who runs the hostel.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

How could I rate this Hostel less than 110% ????? Sandor is totally devoted to His guests He ran Me around in His car searching for a Bus to take Me to Belgrade. When this proved impossible, I was dropped to go on a "Hop/on/off tour " Whilst Sandor researched the Train options Which ultimately I booked. .Sandor is the MAN.

Sandor, the owner, is an educated, kind and friendly man who made me feel totally at ease traveling as a solo senior lady thousands of miles from home. His picking me up at the train station was a huge help, and I also used his service of a ride to the airport where I was picked up promptly at 3:30 AM. He upgraded my room at his own expense because he was concerned about the steps to the 2nd floor room I actually booked. His very high rating is deserved with premiere service for each guest.

• 13th Jul 2014

Budapest is a great city, but the best impression we picked up from our trip was Sandor's personality. He is very professional, kind and always available when needed. The first thing he does when guests arrive is explaining the city, with all the necessary and interesting information. The hostel has a great location, directly connected to all the main city sights with public transport. Our room was fine, had everything we needed. It was a great experience, I truly recommend this hostel.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Serbia

I have stayed for a weekend in Budapest early July and Sandor was a perfect host! When I arrived in Budapest he picked me up at the rail station and on the way to the hostel he showed me some of the city´s main atractions and buildings. After arriving there he gave me a map and leaflets with parties, places to eat and showed me how to get to each place. Sandor is very inteligent, helpful and friendly. He knows everything about Budapest! Would definetly stay there again!

Sandor's welcoming attitude and recommendations made our time in Budapest so special!

Great place and Sandor is a great host. Helped a lot explaining all about the city and the events. I highly recommend his place. Just walking distance from the very center of the city. All was perfect. Thanks a lot Sandor!!!!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Greece

By far one of the best places I have stayed in Europe. Sandor iis brilliant and willing to do anything you need. He collected me from the station and went through everything with me. I was able to go to certain places on his recommendations. The hostel is amazing with a shared kitchen and the rooms are very secure. I would definitely stay here again!

• 31st May 2014

The host was very helpful We were not disappointed in this visit

Perfect place to live. Sandor is excellent person!!! The Hostel does not have reception but Sandor can reeach you with a call (in a short time) to help you. He work like a tour guide in Budapest. His pick up serivce from train station is perfect for the first time comers to Budapest.

• 20th May 2014
  • Turkey

Sandor is a gem and definitely one of the most friendly people I've ever met! He sat me down and gave me advice on what to do with my very limited time in Budapest. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to interact with him and I would recommend Travellers Home Hostel to anyone and everyone!

We have stayed at Travellers Home 4 days in early May, the only word to say it was awesome. The location should be the best in Budapest. The owner,Sándor, is very kind, the flat we had booked was 3 rooms and we booked 2 rooms and he didn't take new reservation for other room to make us comfortable. We really appreciate it. From the flat you can reach everywhere easily by public transportation, which works 7/24. If I would have gone Budapest again, I'd chosen it.