Travellers Home Hostel Reviews

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff are knowledgeable and clearly so passionate about their city. They went above and beyond giving tips on what to do and organizing activities for us. The place was spotless, comfortable and secure with large lockers and 24 hour reception. Easily one of the most social hostels with a great atmosphere. We had a great night out with other guests and spent the day traveling with some more. If you're in Sarajevo, you must stay here.

Really helpful and friendly staff, great location. Would recommend for a solo traveller.

One of the best hostels we stayed at in the Balkans! Everything is clean and everything is thought of to make the stay so easy. Best beds in any hostel we have stayed in too which is such a bonus!

• 19th May 2014

The hostel was very clean and the friendly staff is there "24 hours" - so they were able to book me a taxi even at 6am in the morning- with a smile! Thanks again! I tried their mixed dorm and the private 3-bedroom, because I ended up visiting there again on my 2nd trip to Sarajevo. All the facilities were clean, and lockers with locks are provided for all beds, so it is very secure. Highly recommended.

This was a fantastic hostel overall - great staff, nice beds. The only thing I didn't give it a perfect for was facilities and this was ONLY because when I took a shower in the morning, there was almost no water pressure. This could have been a 'everyone has showered and used up the water' thing, but it took two minutes to get my hair completely wet. Otherwise, the beds and the lockers were great, and the kitchen is fantastic. Definitely recommend this hostel and would go back!

Great hostel. Good beds, lockers, shower, pillows and cleanness. Location is perfect.

the hostel is good, the only bad thing is that the bedrooms are next to the kitchen / common area and when you need to sleep early / rest can be a problem because of the noise. Another thing is that on hot days the rooms are very muffled. But the location, staff and cleanliness are very good.

A really good hostel in the city centre. The living room/kitchen is a very good spot for meeting other travellers. They also inform you about tours around the city that are the best option for learning about what happen in the Yugoslavian war and the siege of Sarajevo.

THE best hostel in Sarajevo! Amazing location (3 minutes walk to the old town, 5 to downtown), nice room and common rooms, super clean. The staff is brilliant (especially Serif and Dino!) they can recommend you good places for everything and make your stay perfect :) At night, everybody always ends up around the big table in the kitchen and drink a couple of beers before heading out, or just chilling. You'll probably end up extending, and I'll deffo be back ! :D Love from Canada guys!

The staff was so accommodating and gave us good ideas about what to do and see in the city! The hostel was a great place to meet new people. The location was in a great part of town close to all major sights. I would recommend this hostel to everyone! But if he tells you about the 3km hike...do it! But be warned, it's a lot farther than 3km.

Very good location, in center of the city, just a few minutes walking from all tourist atractions. Staff is very kind and funny, and always there to help you with yours questions. Rooms are big enough and clean, I was staying in 8-mixed room with my friend and it was a very good choice, because we have met there a lot folks from different part of the world. This hostel will be my choice if I decide to visit amazing city of Sarajevo again.

This is one of the best hostels I've stopped in. The staff are really helpful and nothing is too much trouble. It is a 2 minute walk right into the main centre (maybe 1 minute!). It's very easy to get to know other backpackers at the hostel as there's a kitchen/common room where everyone hangsout. Definitely will be back again here soon.

Even off-season it was full with other backpackers, good atmosphere! Its location is perfect, 2 minutes to the cathedral, where's also a tram station. Around the corner there's a small supermarket, and the tourist attractions in the old town are also a couple of minutes away.

Great hostel, really central although I did manage to walk past it first time round looking for it! Really helpful owners and staff sorted me out for my trip to Mostar. All of them had lots of advice to give (def ask for the restaurant recommendations - best food of the trip so far!) and were all very friendly. Great location. Beds come with lockers with locks which is also good. Definitely where all the cool travellers stay :-)

I stayed in this hostel on my way to Zagreb. It is a nice, comfy and clean place. I enjoyed my visit very much. It could have more showers, expect to wait for a short time if crowded, but that wasnt a problem for me. The staff is really friendly and helpful! I would come here again and could recommend the place!

When I'm back in Sarajevo, this is going to be my home again :)

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Slovenia

Great hostel! This was my second visit and it was just as good as the first time!

Very friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds ...

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Slovenia

Great location, very clean, great staff.

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Slovenia

One of the cleanest hostels i have ever stayed in. Plenty of showers (hot water) and bathrooms and nice dorms. Lots of light during the day too. High ceilings, pretty decor etc. Not your normal dark and depressing hostel. Excellent place to stay and meet people. The staff are very friendly and helpful, really nice guys. Highly recommended. I didn't want to leave. N.B. some people have mentioned that the hostel loses water late at night. not really the case, just lower water pressure.