Travellers Home Hostel Reviews

Seriously the best hostel that I stayed in in 3 months of travelling around Europe. We had initially planned on staying in Sarajevo only 3 nights but ended up staying a week because of Travellers Home and the amazing people we met there. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful when we had questions about the city or transport or cabs. 8 bed dorm was big & never felt cramped. The bathrooms were constantly being cleaned. Excellent kitchen. Close to everything. Can't wait to come back!

• 28th Oct 2013

We had a really clean and comfortable stay at your hostel. Appreciate staff help and advice. The kitchen and bathrooms are really nice and the location is great! Thank you!

Stayed in a double room with shared bathroom. Very clean, excellent staff.

It must be one of the best hostels in Europe. It is really nice, very well located, clean, great atmosphere. The rooms are really nice and the kitchen is huge and with everthing you need. The staff is very helpfull and they are at the desk 24 hours so you can come to them anytime. The doorms are in one floor and the private rooms in another one which is perfect. They have free computers and have laundry service.

Travelers Home changed from just 2 nights to almost 3 weeks! They guys that work there are awesome, helpful, and good to just hang around with. We had communal dinners, communal movie watching, and were advised on some of the coolest local hangouts this city has to offer. If you really are looking for a home away from home, this place is where it's at. Thanks heaps guys!

• 17th Oct 2013

Good hostel, clean, good kitchen, great location

THe location is excellent. It can get quite loud at nights between 9 and 12 since groups just want to chat, socialize,and drink, but nevertheless thanks to the corridor door, the noise wasnt unbearable.

• 15th Oct 2013
  • Turkey

This hostel has a great location and the staff was really friendly, they were always ready to answer our questions and tell us what is worth seeing in the city. They even called some places for us to see if they were open or not! There are rather big lockers for each guest, which we thought was really good. The rooms were cleaned thoroughly every day. The only downside is that there is only one bathroom for men and one for women, so it can get a bit crowded during the busiest season.

• 14th Oct 2013
  • Finland

This is the second time we have stayed in this hostel and it was still as good as it was the last time. Nice staff, nice location, beatiful hostel and good price, what is not to like? :) The only complaint we have is over the british who stayed in the hostel, they should really learn how to clean after themselves.

• 10th Oct 2013
  • Slovenia

Excellet. Everything was great,specially Adi.

One of the best hostels that I have stayed in. It was a really good stay. We extended our stay to do the tour and it was definitely the right decision.

great staff.

Very friendly staff. Breakfast was good but didn't get any last day as left early for bus. There was noise in the room from the traffic all night but had ear plugs as most good travellers do! Get locker for your stuff.

Top notch place to stay, great location and staff, and very spacious rooms and beds. The free breakfast was nice. Good wifi. The light in the hallway was a bit annoying at night (it'd be nice if they turned it off earlier, as it shines through the top glass panel into the dorm room), but didn't detract from everything else.

Great location near to the old town. Only improvement would be making the common area more social - its also the reception area and I always felt a bit in the way when I sat in there - other than that, theres a kitchen but it felt quite formal to sit in there.

Everything was just perfect! The staff was so friendly and helpful. I lost my baggage in the airport and they did everything to help me. The location is great, the atmosphere too. Very clean. Highly recommended.

• 16th Sep 2013
  • Israel

Had a great stay at Traveller's Home, met some nice people and we all cooked and ate together then went out to some converted cinema and drank local beer. It was lots of fun. Staff were also excellent – particularly Alan, who helped me with EVERYTHING. He rang bus companies, the train station, the spasa tunnel to check opening hours etc. He even organised a private minibus transfer to Belgrade for me ( well worth it at €25). Good hostel for people in their mid twenties.

I highly recommend this hostel! Really friendly and helpful staff, a great location, and a cool atmosphere with other travellers.

Had a great time here. Got hit with some pretty bad food poisoning at a restaurant but the staff were great and made sure I was doing alright, made my recovery a lot easier. Good location and a great kitchen, would recommend it!

Great hostel - rooms are spacious and clean (I stayed in the 8 bed dorm), the kitchen is clean and functional, great location and staff, and good value. The bathrooms are nice and spacious, and great for privacy though you might have to wait to use one in the morning or evening. Big lockers in the room, individual reading lights, and big windows that open and have blinds. I did the day trip around Sarajevo for 60 BAM and thought it was very good value, and super informative.