Travellers Home Hostel Reviews

One of the best hostels that I have stayed in. It was a really good stay. We extended our stay to do the tour and it was definitely the right decision.

great staff.

Very friendly staff. Breakfast was good but didn't get any last day as left early for bus. There was noise in the room from the traffic all night but had ear plugs as most good travellers do! Get locker for your stuff.

Top notch place to stay, great location and staff, and very spacious rooms and beds. The free breakfast was nice. Good wifi. The light in the hallway was a bit annoying at night (it'd be nice if they turned it off earlier, as it shines through the top glass panel into the dorm room), but didn't detract from everything else.

Great location near to the old town. Only improvement would be making the common area more social - its also the reception area and I always felt a bit in the way when I sat in there - other than that, theres a kitchen but it felt quite formal to sit in there.

Everything was just perfect! The staff was so friendly and helpful. I lost my baggage in the airport and they did everything to help me. The location is great, the atmosphere too. Very clean. Highly recommended.

• 16th Sep 2013
  • Israel

Had a great stay at Traveller's Home, met some nice people and we all cooked and ate together then went out to some converted cinema and drank local beer. It was lots of fun. Staff were also excellent – particularly Alan, who helped me with EVERYTHING. He rang bus companies, the train station, the spasa tunnel to check opening hours etc. He even organised a private minibus transfer to Belgrade for me ( well worth it at €25). Good hostel for people in their mid twenties.

I highly recommend this hostel! Really friendly and helpful staff, a great location, and a cool atmosphere with other travellers.

Had a great time here. Got hit with some pretty bad food poisoning at a restaurant but the staff were great and made sure I was doing alright, made my recovery a lot easier. Good location and a great kitchen, would recommend it!

Great hostel - rooms are spacious and clean (I stayed in the 8 bed dorm), the kitchen is clean and functional, great location and staff, and good value. The bathrooms are nice and spacious, and great for privacy though you might have to wait to use one in the morning or evening. Big lockers in the room, individual reading lights, and big windows that open and have blinds. I did the day trip around Sarajevo for 60 BAM and thought it was very good value, and super informative.

We stayed for 2 nights. The facilities are very good, very large rooms, great kitchen and common area. The breakfast was basic but sufficient. Generally has a very laid back atmosphere but the best aspect is the extremely friendly and helpful staff, notably Alem, who went well beyond the call of duty to help us. Recommended.

Great friendly hostel in a really excellent location, just a short walk from the old town. The rooms are spacious and they give you a locker and padlock. The included breakfast is also really good and the bathrooms and kitchens are big and super clean. It's a bit annoying that the hot water is off between midnight and 5am but that didn't detract from our stay. Easy to meet people and the day tour of Sarajevo organised by the hostel was fantastic!

Awesome hostel! The staff are really helpful and the location is great, what more could you ask eh?

Very good value for money, close to the old town and the hustle and bustle of Sarajevo. My only suggestion would be that the breakfast time could start earlier, especially for long day or distance travelers so that have more time to enjoy the city and it's wonders.

Great place to stay and I cant recommend you high enough to others. Great staff, friendly atmosphere and good location.

This place is a breath of fresh air. Everything is modern and clean. Staff are so kind and helpful and know everything about sarajevo. We organised two tours with them and they were spot on. They have two kitchens one on each floor, and two bathrooms on each floor also. The kitchen was fully equipped and breaky was simple but good enough to fill your tummy. We stayed in a private and it was clean and spacious. Definitely recommend this place no hesitation. Location was perfect.

This hostel was one of my favourite! The staff were fantastic and the place is run by an old woman that keeps the place clean. Great kitchen area for socializing and great location. A 1 min walk to the main tour operator for any tours you are interested in. Highly recommend!

We had a really great stay at this hostel. The rooms are very cosy (but not in a cramped way) and very clean. I love that it's a small hostel as it really seemed a lot more personal than some of the big chains. The staff were also really helpful. This hostel has absolutely everything you'd need to enjoy your stay in Sarajevo. Would definitely recommend!

I really did not have time to browse internet in search for hostels before leaving to Sarajevo, so this was basically second one that I saw and I booked it without much thought. I will just say that I did not regret it. It really felt not like a hostel, but like home..

A great place to stay! The staff are really wonderful, the hostel is central, clean, has good facilities and is good for socializing with other guests. I really enjoyed it here.