Travellers House Osaka Reviews

1-12-9, 705 Kitahorie, Nishi-ku, Osaka, Japan

Awesome hostel! Clean, cozy, very nice shower, good A/C. Only concern is that it's very hard to find - print/save as much info as you can for finding it. To staff - please improve and add more detail to your directions, and include more maps!

The location is very good. The owner helps you a lot. The place itself is very small but has everything you need. Osaka is a real city, not much tourist attractions but many funny people. You decide bro.

The house mama, mayumi, is really nice. It feels so comfortable and relaxing in the hostel cause the warm home like atmosphere. Definitely recommend visitor to osaka to stay there!

Perfect place - I really enjoyed my stay here. I arrived earlier than check-in, but a key was just placed for me so I could get in and take a shower etc. Furthermore, it was so nice that everything was available: towels, soap, shampoo, toothbrush and so on. I can only recommend this place!!

Travellers House Osaka was awesome. Mayumi-San is the 'house mama' and loads of fun. The hostel is in walking distance of Amemura, Shinsaibashi, Namba, and the Dotombori canal. It's a great place to base yourself for experiencing Osaka's nightlife. Just be warned, the directions to the hostel are from Exit 6 (all the way at the far end) of Yotsubashi Station. Get out at any other exit and you will get lost.

Great place, Muyami is super cool. It's like staying in an apartment with a bunch of friends. Location good, clean, secure, easy.

Very friendly, cozy environment. It is run by the House Mama, who is very nice and fun to talk to. I say it is cozy because the hostel is smaller than other establishments I have stayed in, although it was still comfortable. It is easier to talk to / get to know everybody else staying there as a result. The House Mama is only available for check-in during pre-defined hours so make sure to not mix those up. I had a really good experience!

Very friendly and helpful staff! Clean and cozy place with only 10-15 min walk to Dotombori and Namba. Definitely will stay again next time!

Great little hostel with a great hostess. Couldn't have enjoyed my two nights more. :D I didn't get to see the hostess a whole lot because I was out, but she was super friendly. And you can't beat the location...super close to the subway and lots of good food nearby. :D

I personally had one of the most enjoyable hostel experiences here at Travellers House Osaka. The place is small but cosy (its essentially an apartment) and because of that, there's a lot of interaction among the guests which was nice. It is very clean and also perfectly located near Shinsaibashi and Dotonbori where all the good food and shopping are. Mayumi was lovely and welcoming and I had a really great stay here. Highly recommend this place if you're looking for a place in Osaka.

It is really a good place to stay. The around shops are fashionable and the location is very good for shopping and eating. I left my watch there, but the kind and beautiful staff keeps my watch till my friend fetch it! Thanks a lot! Nice experience there!

I had an absolutely awesome time at Travellers House Osaka. Mayumi is the best host and it is in an amazing spot.

American Village and Tube Station within 5 minutes by walk. It was very convenient place! Guest House was clean and the owner was very friendly. I had a very pleasant time.

This is a hard hostel to review as I did have a very nice stay and found everything great but you cant honestly compare this with a normal functioning hostel as it really is just a flat with 4 beds in each room. 1 shower, 1 toilet, no lockers. The owner is very nice but again only available set hours and does all business in living room. It made for a fun friendly environment as interaction was essential but not everyone is looking for this so I feel it should be made clear.

Amazing Hostel ! Hostess was really friendly, helpful and social. Hostel is really clean and nicely organized and really feels like home, it is also really close to subway line , as is it close to main shopping area and trendy neighborhood. I had amazing time in Osaka and this also due to the great travellers osaka house ! Thank you!!

Superb place to stay, good neighborhood and great staff. It's a small place but the size has its perks. Great place for meeting people and big up for the extra attention given by the staff who are accommodating and makes this a social place without social obligations.

This was definitely the friendliest guesthouse I've ever stayed in! It was more like having a big sleepover at someone's house than staying in a hotel. Mayumi the "house mama" was absolutely lovely and the location was great - right next to the American village and about 15 minutes walk from Dotonbori.

• 28th Mar 2014