Superb 4,385 Total Reviews
Superb 4,385 Total Reviews
Travellers House Located at Rua Augusta, number 89, 1st floor, , Lisbon.
Portugal
Lisbon 1100-050 Rua Augusta, number 89, 1st floor
97% 4385
38.7099014 -9.1374492
    Rooms available

• Netherlands, Male, 41+
3rd Dec 2016

The staff, in particular the owner, was very friendly, entertaining and polite, but in my opinion this had a bad influence on the rest of the staff, which seemed to be making sure all the time to be submissive to the owner who drew most of the attention. I hope you appreciate my honesty, I didn't feel invited to tell you in person Joao. I didn't sleep there myself but booked for my friend who wasn't able to sleep too much as groups were partying until very late making lots of noice.

• philnelsong3335
  • USA, Male, 25-30
24th Nov 2016

I can't emphasize enough that the bed was ridiculously comfortable. The staff could not be any more helpful. Whether you are looking for partying, food, music or culture, they have you covered. People were definitely out every night, but the key is that they were OUT by 11 and wouldn't keep you up. And since they are right at the center of Lisbon, you really couldn't be located any better. No real knock on this place; it's pretty much perfectly set up.

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
24th Nov 2016

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. I traveled by myself and really enjoyed the great atmosphere and facilities in the hostel. The location is perfect and the staff is most helpful- organizing social activities every evening. I highly recommend this hostel.

23rd Nov 2016

I was only here for a short time but João the hostel manager is a really great guy. He makes you feel welcome the second you enter the hostel. He speaks 5 different languages and is very cordial to every patron. My room was immaculate. The common area is fun. Rodrigo the tour guide is AMAZING. I was able to see street art and try the local wine and liquor in one evening. The breakfast in the morning is great and all the staff are there to help you make sure your day gets off to a good start.

21st Nov 2016

I had an awesome 6-night stay here. Perfect location and the staff was great. Safe and very clean. The breakfast was good too. I would absolutely stay here again.

20th Nov 2016

Travellers house in Lisbon was one of the best places I stayed in, perfect very convenient location, close to the transport trains buses and trams. Very friendly and helpful staff. relaxing atmosphere. Warm and cozy place and those breakfasts, wow amazing I definitely recommend it to anyone on a break to Lisbon

• rlacreta8741
  • USA, All Female Group, 25-30
19th Nov 2016

Staying anywhere else in Lisboa would be a disservice to you. You have been warned. In addition to a great location, this hostel includes everything in the base cost. Locks, sheets, towels, breakfast... all for a very affordable cost. The hostel-sponsored activities are affordable and fun, and the atmosphere definitely helps you meet other visitors. Joao will give you all of the tips you need for getting around and seeing the best that Lisboa has to offer - Travellers House is a must-stay!

• Canada, Female, 41+
14th Nov 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at Traveller's House. The location was perfect, right in the heart of everything. The staff (Alex, George, and Rodrigues) were so friendly and helpful, and they had activities organized each night that we could partake in for a small fee. I really enjoyed the StreetArt tour. My private room was very clean and bright, but I was surprised to find that my bed was a futon on a slightly raised surface. Surprisingly, it was extremely comfortable.

• England, Couple, 41+
11th Nov 2016

What a place! I knew this was going to be a great location having been to Lisbon before. What I didnt know was just how fantastic it was going to be! The staff are so friendly and helpful and the general vibe of the place is chilled out and happy. The communal areas have bags of character with lots of space to have breakfast or relax in the lounge. Finally, the honesty system on the drinks is a lovely touch letting you treat yourself to a beer in the lounge and adding it to your tab.

8th Nov 2016

The staff are super helpful and friendly. The staff definitely provide you with Portuguese hospitality. Every night there is always an activity which is pretty cool. The rooms are very large and the bed was good. The rooms are also always clean. The only downside is that there are 2 showers and 2 bathrooms on the floor plus my floor seemed to have a weird odor but that is not such a big deal. I would definitely recommend this hostel because the staff puts this place on top.