Travellers House Reviews

Rua Augusta, number 89, 1st floor, Lisbon, Portugal

This hostel is the best I've ever stayed in. The staff was great, the room was great, and the location was perfect. Only complaint was that the safe in my locker didn't work, but the staff allowed me to keep my important items in their safe at the front desk.

• 27th Feb 2015

Friendly helpful staff. Good service - they ask how we were doing and we asked for a heater which they provided same day. Room was nice and clean. Offered us linens and towels every couple days (every third?) Good breakfasts. Activities were offered each though we didn't partake they seemed good. Good location right in the middle of everything. Street performers are a bit annoying during the afternoon but that's not the hostel's fault. We were happy with our choice.

Easily the best hostel I have ever seen. Awesome(!!!!) staff, unbeatable location, spotless rooms, cozy common areas, wicked breakfast, fun nightly tours. The only issue I had was with my safe, but I am technologically challenged so that was probably just me. Highly recommended!!

Traveler's House was an amazing place to stay. Daily activities were organized through the hostel and the common room reminded me of home. Best hostel I've stayed at so far

Everything about Travellers House was way beyond my expectations. The staff were extremely accommodating and the overall atmosphere of the place was amazing. I have zero complaints about this hostel and could go on forever describing how wonderful my stay was. Highly recommended as a student as it is affordable and well worth the visit !

really location is perfect and everbody kind and friendly. we was so happy in here.

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Turkey

Travellers House has significantly raised my expectation of what a hostel can be. Every staff member was superb: they truly want their guests to make friends (starting with them!) and enjoy Lisbon in a fun and playful way. The nightly events and the shared living space facilitated mingling perfectly, even for an introvert like myself. I foresee myself returning to Lisbon in the future, and Travellers House will undoubtedly be my choice again.

• 8th Feb 2015

The location is perfect. The staff was really friendy and helpful! They made our stay comfortable. Everything was clean. And for breakfast there is a choice out of three dishes! I would definetly recomment this hostel!

• 3rd Feb 2015

The minute I walked in to Travellers House on a chilly February evening I knew I was going to be happy here. The atmosphere, with cool jazz playing throughout the retro common areas, was so inviting and the staff gave me such a great welcome- one expected from a top class hotel! Evening activities were planned for every night of the week of which I attended both in my short stay there, the tours were great and the hostel is really great for anyone travelling solo as I wasn't alone!

• 3rd Feb 2015

Everything was perfect! Nice rooms, awesome homemade breakfast , excellent staff and the best location in Lisbon!

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Spain

In regards to the cancellation policy, '7 days before' seems to be not fair comparing to the other hostel in which guests can cancel their booking before 2 days ago. the number of heater is not enough to bear the night in the winter in Lisbon.

Absolutely loved this hostel. The staff was fantastic. The breakfast was amazing. The location is perfect and the group activities were a lot of fun. We really loved it and will definitely stay again.

This is a fantastic little hostel right in the centre of Lisbon. Staff are super friendly and have a great knowledge of the area. Free tea and coffee, and made to order breakfast was a real treat!! I would recommend this hostel to any follow traveller!

• 16th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Great staff, amazing facilities, great location. Made the stay in Portugal so much better.

I love the charm of the building and the kindness and dedication of the staff, especially João, Rebeca, Alex (great advices!) and the ladies who served the delicious breakfast. There was a staff member that was really kind but didn't know much about Lisbon... There is no elevator (heavy travellers, be warned!), the private room where I stayed was really cold and heating could definitely be improved. Loved the common areas, good taste, good music, polite guests. Super recommended! Obrigado!

As good as it gets really. Other hostels have much to learn from it. The staff are the key to its quality, I d say. The themed evenings are the best I´ve seen anywhere. If you re in the cheapest dorm, breakfast would be the same price or more. elsewhere. The only minor quible: a repeat type of mosquito in the dorm and on leaving, a cockroach. The dining room chairs, I thought to be too low and too soft, so the breakfast seating is ergonomically a shortfall. In all, fine..

This is an awesome hostel, very clean, comfortable and friendly. The staff also go out of their way to help you plan your day! I would stay here again!

This is a brilliant hostel. The location is unbeatable, it is super clean and the staff are extremely helpful and welcoming. The hostel staff organise activities each night which really helps if you are looking to meet people. Breakfast is prepared freshly each morning and even served to you at your table. I had a fantastic new year here as a solo traveller. Thank you!

I had a great stay. I had a private one bedroom and it was clean with a space heater, 3 lamps, a fan, and a safe. The staff are so kind and helpful. I really couldn't be happier with my visit.

• 28th Dec 2014