Travellers House Reviews

Rua Augusta, number 89, 1st floor, Lisbon, Portugal

Lovely hostel, room (private, ensuite) was very clean, well designed, excellent a/c! Breakfast was wonderful

• 25th Aug 2014

Super. Many has given praising feedback and I have to join them. What a great hostel. Only negative thing I can think of is that place and staff is so great you easily get stuck in hostel instead of going wander and wonder the beautiful city.

Traveller's House was the best hostel that I stayed in during my 8 weeks of travelling Europe. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. The complimentary breakfast is best one I have ever had while travelling. The only negative thing we could highlight was that our room on the top floor was very difficult to keep cool as the AC did not work properly.

I recommended this hostel 100% and will definitely be staying here (if it isn't full already!) when I next visit Lisbon.

• 17th Aug 2014

An excellent hostel right on the main street in Lisbon. Very atmospheric and so welcoming. I went on my own and the staff made a real effort to make me feel included, which was great. As it is on the main street, it was quite noisy at night so if that's likely to affect you, maybe ask for a room at the back. It is incredibly easy to get to from the airport by metro and a very short walk from the metro to the hostel down a couple of well-lit and busy streets. The breakfast was lovely too.

• 15th Aug 2014

Great location, very easy to get to. Nice to have a little breakfast in the morning. Room was great and staff very friendly!

Located in the city center, it is a really nice place to stay! Nevertheless I travel a lot and I have to say that for the price of the doubble room, the share bathroom has to be cleaner. But it was just for few days and the location is perfect so should we ask more...

Definetely among the greatest hostels out there. Amazing events going at the hostel at fair price. The common rooms make it very easy to meet fellow travellers. The hostel is a bit far from the nightlife spots, but easy to manage.

Great hostel, the best I have been to! Cannot find 1 thing to flaw, I will definitely stay there again!

Excellent all around. I wouldn't even call it a Hostel, I'd say it's a nice hotel with a fun atmosphere and a shared bathroom. If I ever come back to Lisbon, I will not stay anywhere else.

• 8th Aug 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in a private room with ensuite for three nights on our arrival to Lisbon. What an amazing experience! The staff were AMAZING. Alex was amazing, he recommended a great restaurant for us across the water by taking the ferry and enjoying a beautiful sunset. Wifi wasn't great in the rooms and often copped out but it worked fine in lobby. Water and beer always available and pay at the end system was appreciated. Sintra ours, wine tasting and pubcrawls were so much fun!

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Felt like a big house shared by a bunch of friends. Morning breakfasts were fantastic, cooked by lovely ladies in the kitchen. Nighttime group outings were fun and well planned by hostel.

LOVED this hostel. TOTALLY recommend it. We had a 3 bed private and it was the last stop in our trip - so it was nice to have some down time before heading home. The hostel gave off such a "homey" feeling - three woman making breakfast in the morning and cleaning up after you. Enjoyed our morning coffee on the couch in the TV room. AMAZING location. We had a balcony off our room facing the street - perfection! Nightly activities. Staff SO friendly. 100/100

This was the BEST hostel I've ever stayed in!! Along with all the features you'd want (great location, welcoming and warm atmosphere, very safe, good price), it's really the amazing staff that make it such a wonderful place. Everyone was incredibly helpful and eager to assist us with recommendations (and everything recommended to us was well worth trying/visiting/buying!). There are also fun events scheduled every evening, optional for guests but again, quite recommended. A fantastic stay!!!

• 27th Jul 2014

Great hostel staff extremely helpful and highly recommend you stay here.

Amazing hostels! Great location and atmosphere. We will come back again!

Very friendly staff!

Very intermittent wifi and internet access - otherwise would have been 100%!

We had a private room with ensuite. It was clean, comfortable with a brilliant shower. Only complaint is that it was on the 5th floor with no elevator. You could not position a hostel in better location than this one. Every night the hostel organises events to get all guests to mix with everyone. They are cheap, fun, cultural and boozey which makes for a great hostel experience

Travellers House was great! It was my favourite place I stayed on a 5 week trip around Europe. The room was spacious and clean and the common areas were well furnished and welcoming. The staff was also super friendly and Joao's recommendations of things to do around town were invaluable. Would definitely recommend this place and return in future!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5