Travellers House Reviews

Rua Augusta, number 89, 1st floor, Lisbon, Portugal

This was the second time staying at this hostel and they did not disappoint. The staff are friendly and informative, the breakfast is delicious. The location is great and the building is beautiful. There was a small issue with the showers, but they were closing for a refurb the day we left so maybe this will be sorted. I would stay here again.

One of the best all around hostels I've ever stayed in. Great staff, clean facilities, and comfortable beds.

• 2nd Jan 2016

This hostel is excellent. The location is perfect, you are close to the most popular spots of Lisbon and very close to public transportation. The staff is incredibly friendly and every night they organize events to socializate guests. This is not a so big hostels so it is more cozy and has a friendly atmosphere.

Very friendly staff, good accommodations, nice evening activities that bring travelers together, excellent location, very safe - highly recommended.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! The staff was so so great, went way out of their way for us! And the place was really nice, great atmosphere and location! Felt too good to be true!

• 3rd Dec 2015

This hostel was better then we ever could have expected! Best one i have ever stayed in. Everything was incredible, staff, location, atmosphere, this place had it all. Would recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone!

• 3rd Dec 2015

This hostel felt like it was too good to be true. Everyone was so friendly and nice, I would 100% come back.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Room was on the Rua August and quite noisy as the sounds echoed upwards from the street. Drug dealers constantly asking if you want something on the street junction just up from the hostel and in Rossio made you feel unsafe outside but the hostel was secure, Police and bar owners do nothing! Location excellent for Baixa Chicago and Alfama.

I would have expect more atmosphere coming from this hostel but it is more an hostel to relax and meet people from across the world sharing a dinner for example. Joao the staff member is really cool, he will help you a lot in many languages. I could stay again there, but in my opinion the staff could be a bit more pushy with having fun/ partying and stuff...

Travellers house was in a perfect location. Staff was super friendly and helpful, and the free breakfast cooked by the ladies of the house was great. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean as well. Highly reccommend this hostel!

This hostel is really amazing! I stayed in a double room with private bathroom, very comfortable, which overlooked in the main street of Lisboa. The breakfast was very good, it was cooked by two kind women. The atmophere inside was fantastic because the people that work are very kind and available for everything you need. Every evening they organize something to do inside the hostel get to know other travelers, or outside with city tour..they make you feel like home 'cause they do with passion!!

It is the most homliest and clean hostel with caring and very personable staff. The beds are very comfortable, white linen and nice warm and your choice of freshly made breakfast.

I honestly wish I could rate all of this higher than excellent because it was SUCH a great place to stay all around! So clean, really comfy beds, awesome atmosphere/common areas/events planned each night, great breakfast each morning cooked by the ladies of the house, AMAZING location right on the main pedestrian strip in the centre of Portugal and lastly - super helpful, friendly & enthusiastic staff!!

I have stayed in five star hotels with service half as good as Travellers House! Keep up the excellent work!

• 18th Nov 2015

One of the best we've stayed in. Will travel back here in a heart beat.

• 6th Nov 2015

Great location. I think this is the only flat part of Lisbon! My roommates were really noisy and inconsiderate, but that is not within the control of the hostel. Hotel was lovely.

Cannot possibly fault this hostel! Have stayed in many and this is by far the best out there. Fabulous staff that take the time to tell you what to do and where to go in Lisbon. Lovely breakfast cooked for you and great evening activities! Do look past this place, you will not be dissappinted!

I would definitely stay here again - I don't think I need to say more!

The best hostel I've stayed! The staff are friendly and helpful.the decorations of the living room ,diner,and TV room are almost home to me.and I always felt safe to leave my stuff in my room without getting it locked.The very perfect location is close to the arch in the city center.I will be certainly back to this hostel next time for the next trip.

We had a fabulous time at Traveller's House. Super clean (which we love) and very friendly folks. Delicious breakfast too. Some constructive criticism -- We would have appreciated a better map with some more restaurant recommendations. Also, we weren't able to check in at 1pm, as promised on your website... would have appreciated a little must hustle there. Keep up the good work. Would stay again!

• 26th Oct 2015