Travellers House Reviews

Rua Augusta, number 89, 1st floor, Lisbon, Portugal

Probably the best hostel we have ever stayed in, and we've stayed in quite a few. Lovely staff, great evening events, free breakfast, and a beautiful room to top it off. We stayed in a Private double en suite room. The hostel is metres from the main arch in Lisbon and the view from the window is perfection. All the tourist hotspots are within walking distance, as well as places to eat, and shops to buy food if you want to use the free hostel kitchen. Stay here if you visit Lisbon. Simple.

Stayed in the single bedroom with ensuite. Wicked hostel community! Thank you for an excellent stay.

Absolutely loved my stay at travellers house! The commons areas are the nicest I've seen in any hostel in Europe thus far. The activities in the evening are also a great way to meet other people in the hostel. Finally the hostel is located VERY centrally, right off a main pedestrian street.

Very welcoming staff, receptive, friendly and professional. Also amazed by the look of the place: prettiest and neatest hostel ever. Really appreciated the unlimited tea/coffee, the fresh living room and the soothing jazzy background music in between visits. On our 1st night we did the pub crawl, lots of fun! Not a "party hostel"; won't be dragged in constant noise and partying, can easily rest but as easily partake in activities and meet co-travellers: great open atmosphere!

• 20th Jun 2015

Awesome place, the staff were really welcoming and helpful. Events were organised each night so easy to get involved and go out around Lisbon. Would definitely recommend.

• 19th Jun 2015

I loved staying here! The location is near to everything you need to see Lissabon. The staff is wonderful as the hostel and the rooms! Internet didnt work in the rooms but in the lounge.

Amazing hostel! Couldn't even really call it a hostel, more like a really friendly hotel, our room had the best view you could possibly ask for, with the perfect balcony. All the staff went over and above for us, and the activities organized were really interesting. Would absolutely visit again!

awesome location, it was my second stay there. breakfast is really good and you'll enjoy the evening activities for sure!

• 11th Jun 2015

Excellent breakfasts! They even accommodate early risers, with fresh coffee always available.

very friendly staff, helping with almost everything! really good atmosphere!

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Austria

I've stayed at a lot of hostels over the years and I've got to say that this has to be one of the best I've ever stayed at. The staff (especially Alex) is really helpful and get amongst the guests during the evening events which there's always something every night. Don't hesitate to pull the trigger on this one.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Joao who made some excellent recommendations on how to best use our time in Lisbon. Free breakfast was delicious!

Travellers House is the most amazing hostel I ever stayed at! Everything is top shelf at Travellers from the location to the amazing staff (that remember your name after 1st introduction) to the amazing breakfast and clean beds. I felt right at home and would recommend this hostel to anyone looking to stay in Lisbon Portugal! Great job guys only downfall is that I had to leave so quickly!

The hostel was fantastic - the staff were pleasant, personable and extremely helpful. The building and facilities were clean, trendy and well equipped. I would go again, and strongly recommend to friends.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

The best hostel I've ever stayed! The breakfats was simply great and the fafacilities were perfect! The location was ideal too, right in the Rua Augusta, the center point of Lisbon.

+ excellent hospitality and service by staff + great central location + very nice breakfasts + Cosy & comfortable common areas + fun evening activities + drinks & wifi available - Lots of stairs to get to room, with 7 m. pregnant wife - loud airco-machine, so kept it off - no new sheets or cleaning of room, during our full week stay (but maybe we should've asked)

Traveller's House is awesome! This was the first stop on our trip and still our favourite hostel. The breakfast were great, your choice of several homemade options, big lockers for entire bag storage, nightly activities and the staff was very helpful. We highly recommend staying at this hostel!

Amazing! Jao and hostel crew were super friendly and accommodating. Best soundtrack in any hostel hahah. Place was clean, rooms were more spacious than most dorm-style hostels. Breakfast was amazing! The nighttime activities were worth the money every time! Great mixture of fun vibe and unique cultural experiences.

It was a great stay in the heart of Lisboa. Thanks Joachim

• 27th May 2015

Travellers House provides many activities during the night and help me better know the city of Lisbon as a local citizen. The people there are so nice and helpful. The atmosphere is really like a big family. I met so many new friends there and I think we will keep contact with each other for long. Thanks Travellers House, providing me a really unforgetable nice experience in Lisbon.

• 22nd May 2015