Travellers House Reviews

Rua Augusta, number 89, 1st floor, Lisbon, Portugal

Cozy and wonderful

The staff were super nice and helpful. The facilities from the bathrooms to the kitchen to the bedrooms were cleaned everyday. Free homemade breakfast was included. Activities every night range from 7-9 euros. The hostel is a 10-15 minute walk from Bairro Alto, which is the party center on Friday/Saturday nights. Only complaint is that the mattresses were a little hard, but I heard other people say they were comfortable, so maybe its just me. All around I would recommend this place!!

This is one of the best hostels I've atayed at on my trip. Thank you for being extremely helpful throughout my stay! I immediately felt the friendliness and warmth when I entered here. I didn't feel that at any other hostel.. I am passing word on to all my friends who visit Lisbon!!

Probably one of the best hostel I've ever stayed at! The location is central and close to a lot of good restaurants, retail shops, bakeries, and the water. The staff are amazingly friendly and gave plenty of recommendations for places to visit! The rooms are nicely furnished with comfortable bedding and the bathrooms are also well kept. I definitely recommend staying at this hostel!!

• 21st Nov 2014

Very clean rooms and bathrooms with a friendly staff! They have optional activities every night such as going to listen to fado music or traditional Portuguese dinners. They have really good breakfasts in the morning too! You get to choose from creeps, eggs and bacon, or yogurt and muesli. This hostel exceeded my expectations!

Excellent hostel! The staff was incredibly friendly and warm (and gave us really good food recommendations). Free tasty breakfast every morning and plenty of fun night activities too.

• 4th Nov 2014

Best Hostel i ever had. Nice Staff... Great atmosphere... Breakfast was excellent.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Even though i only stayed for three days, Travellers house felt like home. The staff is amazing at putting on great and unique events that help you get a taste of the community. Most importantly they take joy in making your stay as enjoyable as possible. Its not like other hostels, from the homecooked breakfast to the other events, they make it feel like you belong and genuinely like their guests to have fun. staying at travellers house is like staying with a friend you didnt know you had.

Great Hostel with wonderfull and very helpfull people

• 24th Oct 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

This place was awesome- /second time staying here... As it was the back end of our euro trip funds were tight so it was a little costly but well worth it. The beds are so comfortable as far as hostel beds go, the rooms have great lockers, toilets and showers are good (except shower cubicles could be bigger). Free cooked breakfast is great value, the staff, particularly a multingual perhaps French man that checked us in was absolutely fantastic to us! Homely and lots of activities planned!

Staff were so knowledgeable and friendly! Mapped out things to do for the day, what trolley to take, everything was so thorough which is so helpful in a country you don't speak the language! Loved the wine tasting night, was a great ice breaker for my first night in the hostel! I would come back to Lisbon just to stay at this hostel!!

The staff were welcoming friendly and helpful The evening activities were good value You need to reomve the " Airport Shuttle Facility" option from your website

• 6th Oct 2014

Amazing staff, really friendly, great location, let us keep luggage there in day of departure after checked out, do their own events, went to a Portuguese food and wine one was great. They hire out segways which is reasonably priced (I didn't). Breakfast was ok but can't complain as was in the price, I'd prob suggest crepes or cereal. No tv in room but guessing that's to get you involved in the whole communal area where has tv, books, Internet, music, kitchen etc.. Just excellent defo would go.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Very nice hostel. Staff is very helpfull. They provide good computers if you travell without one. Nice and confortable common areas...For me is a perfect place for the first time exploring Lisboa.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

Perhaps one of the best hostels Ive stayed at. The location, atmosphere, and price is great but the staff is what makes it. Great for solo travelers.

I must say we enjoyed our stay very much. Best staff, friendly, caring, honest, great people. The breakfast is awesome, the location is awesome, the hostels itself has a nice style, great living room area to hang out, free wifi, good music. I can totally recommend this place and would come again anytime!

I can't find a fault with this property other than water that smells coming from the sink in the bathroom, otherwise the staff especially RENATO and REBECA were wonderful people! Renato was very hospitable from the time we stepped in to the reception area! He helped me carry my luggage on the second floor and showed us with the directions around especially when I asked where the nearest market is. The hostel was situated in a very popular street, i love the area and the restaurant everywhere!

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

Really friendly staff that made us feel very welcome.

Travellers House is probably one of the best hostels I've stayed in. There's always events going on, the property is gorgeous and the staff is amazing. Would absolutely recommend and would definitely return!

Usually I'm very brief with my reviews, but Travellers House is worthy of a bit of extra time and effort. TH states that it is run by and for travellers. I can confirm this IS in fact true! The location is excellent! The staff are excellent! The selection, variety

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4