Travellers House Reviews

Rua Augusta, number 89, 1st floor, Lisbon, Portugal

Very intermittent wifi and internet access - otherwise would have been 100%!

We had a private room with ensuite. It was clean, comfortable with a brilliant shower. Only complaint is that it was on the 5th floor with no elevator. You could not position a hostel in better location than this one. Every night the hostel organises events to get all guests to mix with everyone. They are cheap, fun, cultural and boozey which makes for a great hostel experience

This is my third summer in a row spent in Europe, and I have stayed at a lot of hostels. This is easily the best one. The staff was very welcoming and relaxed, but professional. They helped us decide the best things to do, and always gave recommendations if we asked. We did their day trip to Sintra & Cascais, and I HIGHLY recommend it. It's an incredible deal. The breakfast is incredible. Our room was extremely nice. It's a poor decision to not stay here if you go to Lisbon. Location is prime.

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at! Well located on one of the nicest streets in the city. Short walk to alfama (old town), main train station, metro. Activities on every night coupled with friendly and knowledgeable staff make life very easy for a traveller

A brilliant stay, location was perfect, the staff were excellent and we a really good holiday with absolutely everything you need at the Hostel. Would highly recommend!

• 9th Jul 2014

Best hostel ever. Amazing staff, great location and wonderful atmosphere. Best place to stay in Lisbon!

A must stay. The best hostel I have ever stayed in. Staff were amazing. The hostel puts activities on each night. Great location. Fantastic vibe in common area. Great for solo travellers and small groups. Juan is the best!

Awesome breakfast, great location, but you're gonna have to deal with a lot of noise from the Main Street.

The best hostel I've stayed in! The staff are fantastic and create a great atmosphere for the guests. They are more than happy to give you great places to eat or help plan your day. The rooms are great. As are the bathrooms. Breakfast is amazing! Can't wait to go back to Lisbon to stay here again!

I enjoyed my stay at the Travellers House. It's a very pleasant and centrical hotel in Lisbon. The staff is very nice and helpful. I appreciated that they provided me with a free big towel and also liked the nice walking stroll and activities proposed everyday. On the other hand I didn't appreciate the rationing of the breakfast. Also I got disturbed by the noise of the street especially on the weekend and by the daylight as there are no shutters in the room.

The best hostel I've ever stayed at! The breakfast is amazing (eggs, bacon, toast or crepe with nutella) and the staff are the friendliest people you'll meet. There are events every night which make it easy for you to meet people. These are not just the usual pub crawls and party-party events (which they also have) -- we went to the tapas dinner hosted by lovely Joao where we feasted on all types of Portuguese sausage, olives, bread, and bottomless red wine. Can't wait to come back!

• 4th Jul 2014

This was a great hostel staffed by nice, interesting people. The events that they had at night were really enjoyable. It did not seem like the best place for solo travelers, but that can always change depending on who is staying at that moment. Overall a very nice hostel.

The toilets are a big cramped but the shower has very good pressure. LocAtion is great. Breakfast also great. Vibe is great. Only neg is the washroom set up.

One of the best hostels i've stayed at because of the staff who were superb and the location cannot be beaten! Cannot fault anything at all. Great activities and intimate hostel where its easy to meet fellow travellers. Beds were soo comfortable after travelling a staying in other hostels this was luxury. Will be back again without a doubt! Will spread the word

- Our room was next to the toilets so we could here when people flushed or went to the shower. The noise was quite annoying and my boyfriend couldn't sleep well because of that. We could also hear everything from the hallways :/ - The hostel does not have an elevator and our room was on the 4th floor. - The bed for two was only 140cm :(

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Finland

I loved this hostel and my stay at the Travellers House. From the time I arrived, to the time I departed the staff, especially Joel, were incredibly helpful with where to find things in Lisbon and were very engaging in conversation and getting the guests involved in the activities they put on. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Lisbon. It was one of the best, if not the best, hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 29th Jun 2014

We had a wonderful time at Travellers House. Joao and the rest of the staff (Deborah) were so friendly and welcoming! We loved the laid back feel of the hostel. Joao was such a huge help with our trip plans to Sintra. He really went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed and gave us a ton of great suggestions. I would definitely recommend a stay here if you are in town. Thanks again Travellers House!

My stay at Traveller's House far exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a place in Lisbon.

• 28th Jun 2014

Great, welcoming, helpful staff. Perfect location.

We had a great 4-day-stay over the weekend. The hostel was very clean, really nice and open atmosphere, next to the perfect location and good breakfast. Thanks to Alex and the girls ;) Mareike & Alena

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4