Travellers House Reviews

Rua Augusta, number 89, 1st floor, Lisbon, Portugal

In regards to the cancellation policy, '7 days before' seems to be not fair comparing to the other hostel in which guests can cancel their booking before 2 days ago. the number of heater is not enough to bear the night in the winter in Lisbon.

Absolutely loved this hostel. The staff was fantastic. The breakfast was amazing. The location is perfect and the group activities were a lot of fun. We really loved it and will definitely stay again.

This is a fantastic little hostel right in the centre of Lisbon. Staff are super friendly and have a great knowledge of the area. Free tea and coffee, and made to order breakfast was a real treat!! I would recommend this hostel to any follow traveller!

• 16th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

Great staff, amazing facilities, great location. Made the stay in Portugal so much better.

I love the charm of the building and the kindness and dedication of the staff, especially João, Rebeca, Alex (great advices!) and the ladies who served the delicious breakfast. There was a staff member that was really kind but didn't know much about Lisbon... There is no elevator (heavy travellers, be warned!), the private room where I stayed was really cold and heating could definitely be improved. Loved the common areas, good taste, good music, polite guests. Super recommended! Obrigado!

As good as it gets really. Other hostels have much to learn from it. The staff are the key to its quality, I d say. The themed evenings are the best I´ve seen anywhere. If you re in the cheapest dorm, breakfast would be the same price or more. elsewhere. The only minor quible: a repeat type of mosquito in the dorm and on leaving, a cockroach. The dining room chairs, I thought to be too low and too soft, so the breakfast seating is ergonomically a shortfall. In all, fine..

This is an awesome hostel, very clean, comfortable and friendly. The staff also go out of their way to help you plan your day! I would stay here again!

This is a brilliant hostel. The location is unbeatable, it is super clean and the staff are extremely helpful and welcoming. The hostel staff organise activities each night which really helps if you are looking to meet people. Breakfast is prepared freshly each morning and even served to you at your table. I had a fantastic new year here as a solo traveller. Thank you!

I had a great stay. I had a private one bedroom and it was clean with a space heater, 3 lamps, a fan, and a safe. The staff are so kind and helpful. I really couldn't be happier with my visit.

• 28th Dec 2014

Cozy and wonderful

The staff were super nice and helpful. The facilities from the bathrooms to the kitchen to the bedrooms were cleaned everyday. Free homemade breakfast was included. Activities every night range from 7-9 euros. The hostel is a 10-15 minute walk from Bairro Alto, which is the party center on Friday/Saturday nights. Only complaint is that the mattresses were a little hard, but I heard other people say they were comfortable, so maybe its just me. All around I would recommend this place!!

This is one of the best hostels I've atayed at on my trip. Thank you for being extremely helpful throughout my stay! I immediately felt the friendliness and warmth when I entered here. I didn't feel that at any other hostel.. I am passing word on to all my friends who visit Lisbon!!

Probably one of the best hostel I've ever stayed at! The location is central and close to a lot of good restaurants, retail shops, bakeries, and the water. The staff are amazingly friendly and gave plenty of recommendations for places to visit! The rooms are nicely furnished with comfortable bedding and the bathrooms are also well kept. I definitely recommend staying at this hostel!!

Very clean rooms and bathrooms with a friendly staff! They have optional activities every night such as going to listen to fado music or traditional Portuguese dinners. They have really good breakfasts in the morning too! You get to choose from creeps, eggs and bacon, or yogurt and muesli. This hostel exceeded my expectations!

Excellent hostel! The staff was incredibly friendly and warm (and gave us really good food recommendations). Free tasty breakfast every morning and plenty of fun night activities too.

• 4th Nov 2014

Best Hostel i ever had. Nice Staff... Great atmosphere... Breakfast was excellent.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Even though i only stayed for three days, Travellers house felt like home. The staff is amazing at putting on great and unique events that help you get a taste of the community. Most importantly they take joy in making your stay as enjoyable as possible. Its not like other hostels, from the homecooked breakfast to the other events, they make it feel like you belong and genuinely like their guests to have fun. staying at travellers house is like staying with a friend you didnt know you had.

Great Hostel with wonderfull and very helpfull people

• 24th Oct 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

This place was awesome- /second time staying here... As it was the back end of our euro trip funds were tight so it was a little costly but well worth it. The beds are so comfortable as far as hostel beds go, the rooms have great lockers, toilets and showers are good (except shower cubicles could be bigger). Free cooked breakfast is great value, the staff, particularly a multingual perhaps French man that checked us in was absolutely fantastic to us! Homely and lots of activities planned!

Staff were so knowledgeable and friendly! Mapped out things to do for the day, what trolley to take, everything was so thorough which is so helpful in a country you don't speak the language! Loved the wine tasting night, was a great ice breaker for my first night in the hostel! I would come back to Lisbon just to stay at this hostel!!