Travellers House Reviews

Rua Augusta, number 89, 1st floor, Lisbon, Portugal

This hostel is an a fabulous location downtown. Very friendly staff and great evening activities organised to help make the most of your time.

Possibly the best hostel I've stayed in. Everything you could need, included breakfast is excellent and staff are so friendly. Thanks George for the day trip advices!

I have travelled more than 20 countries and stayed in some expensive hotels and also some good hostels. I can say about Travellers house that this is the best hostel I have ever stayed. Very friendly and very helpful team at this hostel ... felt like home and felt like it was with friends. Would have loved to stay a bit a more time in Lisbon. We will be back and it will Travellers house again. Special mention to the team of Joao, Jorge, Alex, Sofia , Renato and Gui ... You people rock !!!

This hostel was amazing, especially the staff!!!!! They made our trip truly incredible. This has to be the best hostel in the city!

Everything was excellent! Special shout out to João, he is just great! Really looks after the guests and makes them feel right at home. Would 100% recommend this hostel!

Great Staff and athmosphere, good breakfast and excellent position! would definitely recommend!

• 3rd Oct 2015

I would not hesitate to recommend this hostel. Excellent facilities (lots of hot water! Sometimes hostels don't do showers too well, been there?), extremely friendly and outgoing staff, perfect location directly between two of Lisbon's most interesting neighborhoods. 5 min from the river, 5 min from the metro, 10 min to the train that takes you out of town to a very cool beach which is a nice change from the city. Also cool nightly group activities if that is your thing. A++ all around!

The Staff are great, the bedrooms are big and cozy, great breakfast, location couldn't be better, towels, portable chargers for cell phones, lockers, hairdryers.. And really Nice enviroment! Really enjoyed!!

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed at in my life. No contest. And I am truly amazed by the atmosphere of friendliness that people out there create every day.

Fantastic location and staff that could not be more helpful and a great laugh. Also the bacon and scrambled egg breakfast is delicious!!

• 16th Sep 2015

A wonderful stay. The social aspect was the perfect amount to mingle with fellow travellers but still explore Lisbon for ourselves. The night events held by the hostel were really interesting and the hosts' advice was spot on for our own day trips. The included breakfast was amazing and we would definitely return.

I loved the crew who were very attentive and always on hand to help with the itinerary. Facilities were spot on, location great as close to both train stations (Sintra and Cascais). Even though I travelled on my own I met loads of like-minded people at evening activities scheduled by the hostel. I'd gladly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting this great city.

very friendly staff, great location. very clean and friendly atmosphere. highly recommended!

We stayed in a private room with double bed, the bed was uncomfortable but other than that the hostel was everything we could have hoped for. the staff were friendly however the guy who checked us in was too friendly and spoke too much. overall there were far more positives than negatives.

The best hostel in the Universe!!!

Best hostel we've ever stayed in! Perfect location, great atmosphere, clean with great facilities. The staff were amazing, rooms were spacious and the showers were great too. Couldn't fault the place, will definitely go back next time we're in Lisbon!

• 1st Sep 2015

Quirky place,' lovely friendly staff, themed nights which we enjoyed and got everybody chatting. It just a lovely place.

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Absolutely awesome hostel! The nicest staff, great service and facilities. Best hostel I've ever stayed at.

Travelled across Europe for 9 weeks and without a doubt this was the best hostel we stayed in. Very personable staff who are all helpful and friendly. The staff actually want to make your time in Lisbon great so they go out of their way to help you. The nightly activities as well were a great way to meet people and very good value for money. Would stay forever if we could.

the hostel is just awesome! awesome and chilled atmosphere, awesome friendly and good informed staff. The hostel icouldnt be more central. The bedrooms are also so nice, even the light is underlining the atmosphere. The matresses are good. I cant find anything bad to say about travellers house.