Travellers House Reviews

Rua Augusta, number 89, 1st floor, Lisbon, Portugal

Lovely folk who make you very welcome. Will be back!

Staff here are brilliant! Always up for a chat, making sure everyone is having a good time, full of recommendations. So easy to to meet people! The events are excellent, the wine night, pub crawl and chorizo fiesta were all really well run. Breakfast is top notch, creeps or bacon and eggs every morning. The place is spotless and has great common spaces. The wifi is great on every floor. Can't recommend enough!!

Location is perfect, staff very hepful and kind and every night a different event/dinner.

• 11th Dec 2013

awesome awesome awesome stay!!

• 2nd Dec 2013
  • Indonesia

Travellers House is an absolutely fantastic place to stay! The staff is incredibly friendly in helpful, it's easy to get to, and there are lots of fun activities you can participate in. I paid just 14 euros for total comfort and a delicious breakfast! I can't think of a single way they can improve.

Very nice hostel to stay in! You will be not bored because the stuff organize each evening different kind of activities, but they all have only one thing in common to make you drink and to have fun ). A special thanks to overworking Gonzalo for his coolest pub crawl!!And a big thanks to Carlitos for helping me to fight with my nightmares) ! Also, not to forget Joao with his awesome Alfama-fado tour, the best guide ever! And also thanks to "Jesus" , who gives the best tips on visiting places.

• 17th Nov 2013
  • Russia

Travelers House has been one of my best hostel experiences so far. The rooms are all very clean, the common area is well decorated with a cozy feel, all of the staff are especially helpful and courteous and welcoming beyond what I was expecting and the complimentary breakfast cooked by two lovely Portuguese women was so much more than I was expecting an included hostel breakfast to be. The location is also perfect for city-seeing. My one complaint is the showers were either very hot or freezing

Great experience. Was the first hostel i stayed at out of 15 on a 2 month euro trip. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The first thing they did when i walked through the door was sit me down, find out what i was interested in, and help me plan my entire day. The location is perfect for exploring the historical sights of the city, and at the same time a 5 minute walk to the Barrio Alto area which is full of nightlife. The stay included free breakfast, wifi, and computers.

It's a great Hostel which is worth a visit! - The employees are nice and make you feel welcome right away. - There is a great vibe between the guests. - The activities are a lot of fun - Breakfast is great! - Do i need to say more?!

• 11th Nov 2013

Me and my wife have been there for five nights. every things were excellent. and we enjoyed from location and Hostel's facilities. every night we cooked dinner and it has a very good breakfast.we have very good memories on there for ever.

One of the best hostels I've been in. Amazing atmosphere, really kind and helpful staff, delicious breakfast. If your in Lisbon this hostel is a must.

Great!!!!!

I simply have to give Travellers House a mark of excellence for everything, because they deserved it. We absolutely loved staying there. The location was perfect. The staff very friendly and helpful at all times. I will recommend Travellers house to all my family and friends. In fact, I have already done so.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • South Africa
  • Couple, 41+

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in! The staff could not have been more helpful--such genuinely nice people. The facilities were clean and it was in the PERFECT location. Travellers House stands out because of its breakfasts. There are two of the nicest women who work in the kitchen all morning to make each of the guests made-to-order hot breakfasts of either eggs/bacon/toast or pancakes. The iPad access and computer access were great as well. Five stars!

Very pleasant hostel! Friendly staff. good location, good breakfast, etc. Highly recommend it!

Such a positive experience. Being at the Traveller's House was actually what made our trip to Lisbon so great. The hostel itself was perfect, the breakfast was delicious and the price was so reasonable. The best part by far, though, was the staff. They went above and beyond and made us feel so welcome. I'd like to thank Carlos for making Portugal a blast for a few Canadians visiting for their first time. You will not regret staying here AT ALL.

Everything was more than satisfying. I'd like to highlight the staff, their helpfulness, and the activities they organized, howewer. They really made you get to the heart of the city. I'm very likely to come back!

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • shiomakiben3449

This is the most amazing hostel I have seen. Great decor, location, super friendly staff, awesome breakfast. Great stay in a great city.

Great Hostel. The best one I ever been! Great staff!

Traveller's Hostel is wonderful!! The location is perfect--easy to get everywhere on foot or by train, tram, bus, or metro. Breakfast is delicious, the best I've ever had at a hostel (eggs-bacon-toast or chocolate crepes made for you on the spot). Every night there is a fun activity planned--Portuguese dinner at the hostel, pub crawl, alfama and fado tour--so it was really easy to meet other cool travelers. And the staff is just incredible. Thank you, Alex, Philippe, and Jurgen. You guys rock!