Travellers House Reviews

Rua Augusta, number 89, 1st floor, Lisbon, Portugal

We had a wonderful time at Travellers House. Joao and the rest of the staff (Deborah) were so friendly and welcoming! We loved the laid back feel of the hostel. Joao was such a huge help with our trip plans to Sintra. He really went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed and gave us a ton of great suggestions. I would definitely recommend a stay here if you are in town. Thanks again Travellers House!

My stay at Traveller's House far exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a place in Lisbon.

• 28th Jun 2014

Great, welcoming, helpful staff. Perfect location.

We had a great 4-day-stay over the weekend. The hostel was very clean, really nice and open atmosphere, next to the perfect location and good breakfast. Thanks to Alex and the girls ;) Mareike & Alena

My wife and I stayed in a private room with a shared bathroom for 4 nights, after which we stayed an additional night in a 4 bed ensuite room that we ended up having all to ourselves (thanks Julie). The place itself is marvelous: friendly and helpful staff that are happy to answer questions, and they also arranged event nights which included a street tour, live Fado local music and dining, rice pudding night (awesome), and a wine and chorico theme session that was fun and delicious. Top quality!

Best place ever. The staff was so helpful and nice. They put on events for everyone in the hostel, we never had a boring day/night.

• 15th Jun 2014

Loved this hostel so much. Super friendly staff. Amazing free breakfast every morning. Good location, close to the metro. Fun, chill atmosphere in the common area. We will stay there again!

The location is excellent, right in the Rua Augusta and close to Praça do Comércio, but during weekend or World cup period, it could be very noisy throughout the night. Staff are very helpful, the boss Joao are extremely friendly and flying around to chit chat with you, giving suggestion and helping out. Rooms and toilets are clean, not as spacious as some other hostel that I had stayed, however, acceptable. They got good laundry service for only 6 Euro, which is a bonus. Dinner also seems nice

Great location, great building, great staff, very friendly and knowledgeable.

This was the best hostel experience that I have ever had. The bathrooms were so nice and clean. The room was perfect and overlooked one of the best streets in Lisbon. Highly recommended.

They give you a legit breakfast (bacon, eggs, toast) at a time (8-11) that is inclusive to all. The location is near a metro and light rail stop, as well as plenty of food and shopping. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and available 24hrs. Best hostal ever, except for the showers. But you don't stay at a hostal expecting good showers.

Excellent hostel.

Breakfast is so good.

The hostel was nice and the staff great, My baggage arrived at night from the airport (it is not arrived with me in the flight due to a problem) and one guy of the staff took to me upstairs. So it was really nice. People were always cheerful and helpful. If I may say just a disadvantage, it is too much noisy if your room is close to the road where every day people is partying. And I came for a conference to Lisboa, so I was a bit upset because of the noise. Otherwise it was really worth being.

We had a WONDERFUL stay at Travellers House. The staff was welcoming and helpful from the moment we stepped through the door until the moment we left. Additionally, the facilities are beautiful and clean. And, best of all, the location cannot be beat. It is right in the center of Lisbon and has a beautiful view. It is a quick, cheap, and easy trip to the airport as well.

Great place to stay in Lisbon!!! I recommand the Fado tour, an authentic evening!

The only problem with this hostel is that I don't know what should I complement first! The location is amazing, the breakfast looks like came from a 5 star hotel, the facilities are so well thinking and everything is so clean. But the staff deserves a 10! Specially Ale, Diego and João, that have the best tips and won't be happy until you get happy. Thank you guys for everything!!!

The staff was like walking talking dictionarys, and and every evening there was same sort of event at the hostel. The location is the best in Lisbon :-D

I can hardly find any complaints about Travellers House. Firstly, the hostel was situated in the perfect location close to Baixa-Chiado station and in the heart of Lisbon city on Rua Augusta. Next, we received a hearty welcome and tour of the facilities by Joao(?), who really warmed our hearts with his hospitality. The facilities were also very modern and of a high standard (one of the rare hostels I have stayed in which offers a personal safe!). For the price, Travellers House is PERFECT!

This place was amazing. They immediately made us feel at home the second we walked in the door. The tours at night were great. They showed us some of the real hidden gems of the city we felt like we were locals in only a few days. The true highlight of our time was the Sintra trip with Tomas. He is a very genuine person and is only interested in showing people a great time. If you stay here do not miss his trip!

• 15th May 2014