Travellers House Reviews

Rua Augusta, number 89, 1st floor, Lisbon, Portugal

Despite there's no lift, it's an excellent hostel though.

This was the first hostel I ever stayed at, and they set the bar high. Great environment to meet people, since it's not too big. The staff were fantastic, very helpful and gave us tips on great places to go visit and things to do. They all spoke good english, and some staff spoke 3-4 languages. Food was good. Lockers under each bunk are nice. Bathrooms are clean. No problem at all sharing one bathroom per floor (and I was there for 3 days).

• 5th May 2014

This is by far the best Hostel I´ve ever stayed at. The staff is awesome, extremely helpful, funny and they give the best tips for food, going out and sightseeing. The tours they organize are well worth it. The lounge rooms are beautifully decorated and they serve free breakfast in the morning! There are 4 showers and toilets per 18 people so you don´t have to wait! Private lockers and safebox are useful. Definitely stay here when you go to Lisboa!

A fantastic hostel! The staff are amazing and the location cannot be beaten! Would recommend highly and would happily stay again.

• 27th Apr 2014

EXCELLENCE!!! Staff were like a concierge service! They had ipads and segways available for us too!! It was like a boutique hotel and definitely better than an Ibis style budget option!

Great location, comfortable beds, common areas have great chill out zones but poor tissue sofas, breakfast is great, truly recommend it, for four-five days stays they offer a segway for an hour ride just cool or what :)

Great location. Friendly, helpful staff.

one of the best ones I've ever been to. The only thing I can think of is that it is too noisy outside the window

Amazing hostel!!It was definetely not one of the best, but the best hostel I have ever stayed in.Can't say anything more!

Absolutely splendid! Great staff, superb location and nice rooms. One of the best!

Very pleased with our hostel in Rua Augusta. Great welcome and such friendly staff. Met some very interesting people. Bed was comfortable, although room (mentioned below) was disappointing. Luckily we did not have to spend too much time there. Light over basin in bathroom was inadequate. Our friends had the room opposite, overlooking the street which was lovely. Thank you for our stay.

• 9th Apr 2014

Very good place with nice people.

Great hostel! Great breakfast with eggs and chocolate pancakes! Good for people who wants to relax, be close to sights and meet new people! Not a party hostel! Great deal to use segway on non raining days

Excellent service from staff, nice breakfast

Everything was totally perfect. The staff was brilliant in explaining everything we asked and very helpful. Location is amazing, everything is nearby and perfect for exploring by feet.

Exceptional Hostel. The staff is incredibly friendly and fun. The nightly organized activities are a blast. The breakfast is eggs and bacon or chocolate pancakes. In summary it has a really great atmosphere, an awesome location and unbelievable staff. One of the best hostel experiences I've had, I highly recommend Travellers House.

Never been in a place with a highly motivated and friendly cosy staff. I received all help and even more and I got special recommondation for different events, restaurants,... I felt as being at home.

• 21st Mar 2014

Stop your search.To start, best location to stay in Lisbon. Take the Fado tour with Gonzalo (sorry for the spelling) on Thursday night. You'll try 3 different Portuguese liquors and end up in a very locals Fado Bar to hear the music of Lisboa. The staff is very friendly, helpful with anything you need. The breakfast of bacon eggs, or chocolate crepes with toast coffee juice included is definately worth getting up for! Great place to meet fellow travellers in the lounge with good wifi and tunes.

What a great hostel! Super friendly staff and excellent location. I spent 4 days here whilst searching for a flat in Lisbon. All the staff were so helpful and attentive and I couldn't have asked for a better way to begin my time in Lisbon. There were events at the hostel every night including group meals, nights out and tours of various districts. Room was very comfortable, lockers underneath each bed and air con too! Also breakfast was fab, pancakes or eggs and bacon!!

I recommend this hostel to everyone who is going to Lisbon! It was my first stay at a hostel and I think Travellers House set the bar really high for me. I loved the atmosphere of a real home, the staff was really sweet and helpful , the free delicious breakfast, the location is prime, and the beds clean and comfy. Thank you, guys, you´re the best! :)

• 7th Mar 2014