Travellers House Reviews

Rua Augusta, number 89, 1st floor, Lisbon, Portugal

My boyfriend and I stayed in a private room with ensuite for three nights on our arrival to Lisbon. What an amazing experience! The staff were AMAZING. Alex was amazing, he recommended a great restaurant for us across the water by taking the ferry and enjoying a beautiful sunset. Wifi wasn't great in the rooms and often copped out but it worked fine in lobby. Water and beer always available and pay at the end system was appreciated. Sintra ours, wine tasting and pubcrawls were so much fun!

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Felt like a big house shared by a bunch of friends. Morning breakfasts were fantastic, cooked by lovely ladies in the kitchen. Nighttime group outings were fun and well planned by hostel.

LOVED this hostel. TOTALLY recommend it. We had a 3 bed private and it was the last stop in our trip - so it was nice to have some down time before heading home. The hostel gave off such a "homey" feeling - three woman making breakfast in the morning and cleaning up after you. Enjoyed our morning coffee on the couch in the TV room. AMAZING location. We had a balcony off our room facing the street - perfection! Nightly activities. Staff SO friendly. 100/100

This was the BEST hostel I've ever stayed in!! Along with all the features you'd want (great location, welcoming and warm atmosphere, very safe, good price), it's really the amazing staff that make it such a wonderful place. Everyone was incredibly helpful and eager to assist us with recommendations (and everything recommended to us was well worth trying/visiting/buying!). There are also fun events scheduled every evening, optional for guests but again, quite recommended. A fantastic stay!!!

• 27th Jul 2014

Great hostel staff extremely helpful and highly recommend you stay here.

Amazing hostels! Great location and atmosphere. We will come back again!

Very friendly staff!

Very intermittent wifi and internet access - otherwise would have been 100%!

We had a private room with ensuite. It was clean, comfortable with a brilliant shower. Only complaint is that it was on the 5th floor with no elevator. You could not position a hostel in better location than this one. Every night the hostel organises events to get all guests to mix with everyone. They are cheap, fun, cultural and boozey which makes for a great hostel experience

Travellers House was great! It was my favourite place I stayed on a 5 week trip around Europe. The room was spacious and clean and the common areas were well furnished and welcoming. The staff was also super friendly and Joao's recommendations of things to do around town were invaluable. Would definitely recommend this place and return in future!

I loved this hostel!!

This is my third summer in a row spent in Europe, and I have stayed at a lot of hostels. This is easily the best one. The staff was very welcoming and relaxed, but professional. They helped us decide the best things to do, and always gave recommendations if we asked. We did their day trip to Sintra & Cascais, and I HIGHLY recommend it. It's an incredible deal. The breakfast is incredible. Our room was extremely nice. It's a poor decision to not stay here if you go to Lisbon. Location is prime.

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at! Well located on one of the nicest streets in the city. Short walk to alfama (old town), main train station, metro. Activities on every night coupled with friendly and knowledgeable staff make life very easy for a traveller

A brilliant stay, location was perfect, the staff were excellent and we a really good holiday with absolutely everything you need at the Hostel. Would highly recommend!

• 9th Jul 2014

Best hostel ever. Amazing staff, great location and wonderful atmosphere. Best place to stay in Lisbon!

A must stay. The best hostel I have ever stayed in. Staff were amazing. The hostel puts activities on each night. Great location. Fantastic vibe in common area. Great for solo travellers and small groups. Juan is the best!

Awesome breakfast, great location, but you're gonna have to deal with a lot of noise from the Main Street.

The best hostel I've stayed in! The staff are fantastic and create a great atmosphere for the guests. They are more than happy to give you great places to eat or help plan your day. The rooms are great. As are the bathrooms. Breakfast is amazing! Can't wait to go back to Lisbon to stay here again!

I enjoyed my stay at the Travellers House. It's a very pleasant and centrical hotel in Lisbon. The staff is very nice and helpful. I appreciated that they provided me with a free big towel and also liked the nice walking stroll and activities proposed everyday. On the other hand I didn't appreciate the rationing of the breakfast. Also I got disturbed by the noise of the street especially on the weekend and by the daylight as there are no shutters in the room.

The best hostel I've ever stayed at! The breakfast is amazing (eggs, bacon, toast or crepe with nutella) and the staff are the friendliest people you'll meet. There are events every night which make it easy for you to meet people. These are not just the usual pub crawls and party-party events (which they also have) -- we went to the tapas dinner hosted by lovely Joao where we feasted on all types of Portuguese sausage, olives, bread, and bottomless red wine. Can't wait to come back!

• 4th Jul 2014