Travellers House Reviews

Rua Augusta, number 89, 1st floor, Lisbon, Portugal

Great place to stay in Lisbon!!! I recommand the Fado tour, an authentic evening!

The only problem with this hostel is that I don't know what should I complement first! The location is amazing, the breakfast looks like came from a 5 star hotel, the facilities are so well thinking and everything is so clean. But the staff deserves a 10! Specially Ale, Diego and João, that have the best tips and won't be happy until you get happy. Thank you guys for everything!!!

The staff was like walking talking dictionarys, and and every evening there was same sort of event at the hostel. The location is the best in Lisbon :-D

I can hardly find any complaints about Travellers House. Firstly, the hostel was situated in the perfect location close to Baixa-Chiado station and in the heart of Lisbon city on Rua Augusta. Next, we received a hearty welcome and tour of the facilities by Joao(?), who really warmed our hearts with his hospitality. The facilities were also very modern and of a high standard (one of the rare hostels I have stayed in which offers a personal safe!). For the price, Travellers House is PERFECT!

This place was amazing. They immediately made us feel at home the second we walked in the door. The tours at night were great. They showed us some of the real hidden gems of the city we felt like we were locals in only a few days. The true highlight of our time was the Sintra trip with Tomas. He is a very genuine person and is only interested in showing people a great time. If you stay here do not miss his trip!

• 15th May 2014

A fabulous hostel that catered for all ages. Staff organised social activities for the guests.Cooked breakfast was a treat. Great value

• 14th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I had a wonderful stay at the hostel and have already recommended it to friends :)

• 10th May 2014

The ABSOLUTE best accommodations experience of my life! The staff is so warm and super helpful. They really want to get to know their guests. The breakfast is amazing and such a great deal!

Despite there's no lift, it's an excellent hostel though.

This was the first hostel I ever stayed at, and they set the bar high. Great environment to meet people, since it's not too big. The staff were fantastic, very helpful and gave us tips on great places to go visit and things to do. They all spoke good english, and some staff spoke 3-4 languages. Food was good. Lockers under each bunk are nice. Bathrooms are clean. No problem at all sharing one bathroom per floor (and I was there for 3 days).

• 5th May 2014

This is by far the best Hostel I´ve ever stayed at. The staff is awesome, extremely helpful, funny and they give the best tips for food, going out and sightseeing. The tours they organize are well worth it. The lounge rooms are beautifully decorated and they serve free breakfast in the morning! There are 4 showers and toilets per 18 people so you don´t have to wait! Private lockers and safebox are useful. Definitely stay here when you go to Lisboa!

A fantastic hostel! The staff are amazing and the location cannot be beaten! Would recommend highly and would happily stay again.

• 27th Apr 2014

EXCELLENCE!!! Staff were like a concierge service! They had ipads and segways available for us too!! It was like a boutique hotel and definitely better than an Ibis style budget option!

Great location, comfortable beds, common areas have great chill out zones but poor tissue sofas, breakfast is great, truly recommend it, for four-five days stays they offer a segway for an hour ride just cool or what :)

Great location. Friendly, helpful staff.

one of the best ones I've ever been to. The only thing I can think of is that it is too noisy outside the window

Amazing hostel!!It was definetely not one of the best, but the best hostel I have ever stayed in.Can't say anything more!

Absolutely splendid! Great staff, superb location and nice rooms. One of the best!

Very pleased with our hostel in Rua Augusta. Great welcome and such friendly staff. Met some very interesting people. Bed was comfortable, although room (mentioned below) was disappointing. Luckily we did not have to spend too much time there. Light over basin in bathroom was inadequate. Our friends had the room opposite, overlooking the street which was lovely. Thank you for our stay.

• 9th Apr 2014

Very good place with nice people.