Travellers House Reviews

Rua Augusta, number 89, 1st floor, Lisbon, Portugal

Loved this hostel so much. Super friendly staff. Amazing free breakfast every morning. Good location, close to the metro. Fun, chill atmosphere in the common area. We will stay there again!

The location is excellent, right in the Rua Augusta and close to Praça do Comércio, but during weekend or World cup period, it could be very noisy throughout the night. Staff are very helpful, the boss Joao are extremely friendly and flying around to chit chat with you, giving suggestion and helping out. Rooms and toilets are clean, not as spacious as some other hostel that I had stayed, however, acceptable. They got good laundry service for only 6 Euro, which is a bonus. Dinner also seems nice

Great location, great building, great staff, very friendly and knowledgeable.

This was the best hostel experience that I have ever had. The bathrooms were so nice and clean. The room was perfect and overlooked one of the best streets in Lisbon. Highly recommended.

They give you a legit breakfast (bacon, eggs, toast) at a time (8-11) that is inclusive to all. The location is near a metro and light rail stop, as well as plenty of food and shopping. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and available 24hrs. Best hostal ever, except for the showers. But you don't stay at a hostal expecting good showers.

Excellent hostel.

Breakfast is so good.

The hostel was nice and the staff great, My baggage arrived at night from the airport (it is not arrived with me in the flight due to a problem) and one guy of the staff took to me upstairs. So it was really nice. People were always cheerful and helpful. If I may say just a disadvantage, it is too much noisy if your room is close to the road where every day people is partying. And I came for a conference to Lisboa, so I was a bit upset because of the noise. Otherwise it was really worth being.

We had a WONDERFUL stay at Travellers House. The staff was welcoming and helpful from the moment we stepped through the door until the moment we left. Additionally, the facilities are beautiful and clean. And, best of all, the location cannot be beat. It is right in the center of Lisbon and has a beautiful view. It is a quick, cheap, and easy trip to the airport as well.

Great place to stay in Lisbon!!! I recommand the Fado tour, an authentic evening!

The only problem with this hostel is that I don't know what should I complement first! The location is amazing, the breakfast looks like came from a 5 star hotel, the facilities are so well thinking and everything is so clean. But the staff deserves a 10! Specially Ale, Diego and João, that have the best tips and won't be happy until you get happy. Thank you guys for everything!!!

The staff was like walking talking dictionarys, and and every evening there was same sort of event at the hostel. The location is the best in Lisbon :-D

I can hardly find any complaints about Travellers House. Firstly, the hostel was situated in the perfect location close to Baixa-Chiado station and in the heart of Lisbon city on Rua Augusta. Next, we received a hearty welcome and tour of the facilities by Joao(?), who really warmed our hearts with his hospitality. The facilities were also very modern and of a high standard (one of the rare hostels I have stayed in which offers a personal safe!). For the price, Travellers House is PERFECT!

This place was amazing. They immediately made us feel at home the second we walked in the door. The tours at night were great. They showed us some of the real hidden gems of the city we felt like we were locals in only a few days. The true highlight of our time was the Sintra trip with Tomas. He is a very genuine person and is only interested in showing people a great time. If you stay here do not miss his trip!

• 15th May 2014

A fabulous hostel that catered for all ages. Staff organised social activities for the guests.Cooked breakfast was a treat. Great value

• 14th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I had a wonderful stay at the hostel and have already recommended it to friends :)

• 10th May 2014

The ABSOLUTE best accommodations experience of my life! The staff is so warm and super helpful. They really want to get to know their guests. The breakfast is amazing and such a great deal!

Despite there's no lift, it's an excellent hostel though.

This was the first hostel I ever stayed at, and they set the bar high. Great environment to meet people, since it's not too big. The staff were fantastic, very helpful and gave us tips on great places to go visit and things to do. They all spoke good english, and some staff spoke 3-4 languages. Food was good. Lockers under each bunk are nice. Bathrooms are clean. No problem at all sharing one bathroom per floor (and I was there for 3 days).

• 5th May 2014

This is by far the best Hostel I´ve ever stayed at. The staff is awesome, extremely helpful, funny and they give the best tips for food, going out and sightseeing. The tours they organize are well worth it. The lounge rooms are beautifully decorated and they serve free breakfast in the morning! There are 4 showers and toilets per 18 people so you don´t have to wait! Private lockers and safebox are useful. Definitely stay here when you go to Lisboa!