Travellers Inn Reviews

26, ADI Marzban path, behind Cafe Universal, Ballard Estate, Fort, Mumbai, India

Stayed again at this hostel on my return through Mumbai. Just as happy the second time around. I didn't sight see last time, so was amazed how close the hostel is to the gateway, the Taj, Leopolds, the market. Great location. Recommended.

Cafe Universal around the corner is where you want to eat. The hostel itself is right in the heart of the things you actually want to see...but that is its strongest point.

good place to stay in munbai ,all the monuments are within walking distance .

About a 15 minute walk to the Colaba part of town, and a 15 minute walk in the opposite direction to Crawford Market. Mohit on the front desk is a legend and can help you out with most things. Simple, but clean rooms. Shower could have worked better, but it's India, so what you gonna do?

The door to the 3-bed dorm doesn't have a lock and the staff couldn't find a key to give me a security locker. Other than that weak security issue, the hostel worked well. The staff are helpful and available 24/7 to answer questions. The location is walkable to the Gateway of India and to train stations. Good value for a place in Mumbai!

Stayed for only 1 night at one of the 3 bed dorms and left with a very good impression. Location is really good, room was clean with good fans, staff at the reception was extremely helpful and the prices are pretty fair for Mumbai. I just wish the rooms were a little bigger (I preffer sharing with more than 2 people, more fun, less awkward). Would go back!

Basic, but there were no problems that I had whilst staying here. The room was clean, the shower and A/C worked. I was picked up from the airport, and the staff helped me secure a train ticket for the next day. I found nothing to complain about. Have also re-booked for my return journey through Mumbai.

Excellent staff, very helpful. Great location! Just lacked a common area.

• 21st Nov 2014

thanks for friendly welcome and assistance several cuts above other hostels

Nice place and very convenient to train station and many of the city highlights. Friendly staff.

i stayed in the dorm, i had no Indian hostel experience before, so i can totally recommend it. key factor is the staff, they had an open ear for anything, arranging tours, Drivers, maps or how to get an Indian sim-card. the Location is peaceful, the noise of the City is definitely away from there. good choice.

No thrills, but efficient and well-run hotel/hostel in the Mumbai Fort area. I stayed in the 4-bed dorm, which was fine. There is a big locker in which you can put all your things and they cleaned the beds every day. The Fort area is a much better area to stay in than Colaba, which is much more crowded and touristy. This hostel/hotel is as good as a budget place you can find, and everything is in walking distance. Recommended.

What a great place to stay, the staff were all extremely kind and helpful, I arrived a day early by accident and they managed to accommodate me no problem. Run by a lovely family this place is very well organised and I booked a really good tour of the slums which I would highly recommend. I was able to book my overnight bus to Goa no problem, it was so nice to feel welcome and get so much help in my travels, they really let me get the most out of my stay in Mumbai, thank you so much :)

Nice quiet location, but a bit too far from main sights, restaurants etc. One staff member was very helpful and friendly but the rest were not polite and not very knowledgeable or helpful. Fans and ac in dorm room were very loud. Biggest problem was lack of communal space especially if staying in dorm, and also inconvenient for check-out day.

Staff very unfriendly, everytime I asked for something it felt like it bothered them. They booked for me a train and they charged me a service fee of 500 inr! no common area, so it was hard to get in touch with other travellers.

Stairs a bit hard to climb.

Really good staff - thanks for your help ;)

• 15th Oct 2014

Adequate for our needs only, make sure you get air conditioned room as Mumbai is hot and humid.

I was in a shared dorm on the top floor. It was basic but clean. The birds roosting in the eaves of the building were noisy and a dirty window grill was all the separated me from them. My stay though was fine after all this is relatively cheap accommodation in an expensive part of Mumbai. Staff were okay and helpful in arranging airport taxis.

Had a nice time at mumbais travellers in hotel. The rooms were very clean and the guys at the front desk was pretty kind and cooperative!

« first « Prev 1 2 3