Travellers Inn Reviews

26, ADI Marzban path, behind Cafe Universal, Ballard Estate, Fort, Mumbai, India

Nice hostel in general, and a decent price. But they failed to pick me up from the airport when requested chi lead to a two hour taxi ride, as no one seems to have ever heard of this place. In walking distance of a lot of sights, and the slum tour was amazing!

• 7th Apr 2014

Great location and very nice and helpful staff.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

What Lonely Planet says about "tiny shoebox rooms" isn't true. There is enough space in room and bathroom. We couldn't find the hot water...

Great location, close to the station and a short walk to most of the sites. Rooms are clean and fairly good for Mumbai prices. Bedroom door didn't lock though!

The hostel is located walking distance to the train station which makes it convenient when you are arriving or departing. For convenience sake the bathroom could use some towel racks and shelving to place your things on.

Basic room, about a 30 minute walk from the Gate of India and the Taj Hotel. Staff was very helpful. Bathroom was not very clean. Bed was really hard. It worked for the night.

We reached hostel at 3 am in the morning (9hs before cheking). Staff was kind, let us stay inside hotel until check in. We had an emergency train to other destination and needed to cancel 2 nights reserved. Even it was more than 24 hs earlier, charged 50%. So, they didnt loose anything at all. The manager treated us in an arrogant way for this inconvenience. Good: lockers with key.Clean for india hostel. Very good location! Bad: No hot water. Transfer from airport expensive!!! Dont use it !!!

The Travellers Inn is a well organised hostel which offers all the facilities that backpackers require; 24hr hot water, in room wifi, cleanliness and a good breakfast. The location is good being very close to Victoria Terminus and a relatively short walk to the Gateway of India.

I just had a stopover but the gentleman behind the counter was very, very nice!

Clean hostel near CST in South Mumbai, I stayed here as it was convenient for my train early the next morning. Staff were friendly though I'm not sure if they were joking when they told me I was 6 hours late for check-in (at 6pm which could not possibly have been any trouble) or if the room-boy/porter was a comedian for expecting a tip after carrying the keys to my room while I carried 20Kg of baggage up six flights of stairs. It's a good place for transit, but not to meet other travelers.

I would stay here again. We only booked one night. We should have booked two more nights in advance. This place is popular. There are plenty of hotels in the area but this is the best value I found.

For India standars this is a wonderful place - dorms with only three beds, clean, breakfast avaiable on request and staff very easy going. Mostly foreigners stay in dorms so i had no problem as a female solo traveller.

Helped us to organise our sleeper bus to our next location. Great.

Hostel is in a good location, staff are friendly. A good vegetarian restaurant is near, so ask the staff. Very close to main train station. I would recommend going on the mystical slum tour through the hostel. Walking distance to the gateway and main areas.

I had a reservation for a dorm bed but by the time i arrived - admittedly, later than expected due to flight delay - my bed had been given away and i had to stay in a hugely overpriced private room about as bright as a cave.

Dear Guest we had mentioned in our t&c that we will wait for three hours but if there was any delay u could have emailed us Thank you Travellers Inn

cheap clean and good position

The staff were excellent. We definitely would go back.

The location is great. Luckily there are lots of things to do and see in Mumbai, because you don't want to spent a lot of time in the hostel. I got the impression that all the privates were booked by couples and that there was just one dorm. At night the wifi is turned off.

Dear Guest Greetings thank you for your response the privates are booked by solo travellers as well and the wifi we turn off at 12 as informed at the reception at the time of check in Thank you for staying with us hope we serve you the best always Travellers Inn Team Mumbai

Extremely small rooms, unclean bathrooms & bedding! Beds so hard it would be better to sleep on the floor!! The staff were extremely rude & get very aggressive! It was a real disappointment arriving at this "hostel" & to be confronted by such rude staff. We were due to stay for 2 nights, but checked out after one. We would've left earlier if it hadn't been so late when we finally arrived after 2 flight delays! The staff really didn't contribute towards a pleasant atmosphere.

Dear Guest Greetings from Travellers inn Thank you for the review we extremely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by us..but the time given to us from your end was 11.00 and u came at 11.00 pm in the night as peer the policy we can wait only three hours of your accepted arrival time given to us ..and we made arrangements for the second night but u refuse to stay..we sent u reminder mails as well but noresponse was given and when your flights are delayed u should have put an email

friendly staff, good location, not very cheap but mumbai is expensive compared to other cities so I guess it is ok. basic rooms, clean, very light walls though, you can very well hear you "neighbours" talking and snooring!

« first « Prev 1 2 3