Travellers Inn Reviews

26, ADI Marzban path, behind Cafe Universal, Ballard Estate, Fort, Mumbai, India

Preety good.

I spent 4 nights at 3-bed mixed dorm and I don't recommend anyone to come here actually. The dorm room was dirty and they didn't clean it before I moved in. Until the second night, I couldn't stand the cleanliness any more, I asked the staff to send someone for room cleaning. Well, they did it, but it should be done before I asked or before I checked in. Also, there was no common room and the staff was very cold, no hospitality at all. Anyway, I didnt like here at all!

Great place to stay for a couple of nights, very close to cstm station. Quite expensive but reasonable for Mumbai. Nice that breakfast was included. Have booked a couple of nights at the end of our trip!

• 15th Aug 2014

Be careful when booking that you book air con specifically if required. When we booked we were under the impression that all rooms would have AC, but they wanted another 100 rupee per person to turn it on!! Instead we had two really loud fans which just blew hot air around. Not great.

Dear Guest Greetings from Travellers Inn Thank you for writing the review well for the hot air I am sorry but its to hot so the fans will blow an hot air and for charges for air con every hostel charges that Thank you Travellers Inn Sorry for the inconvenience

Travellers inn is in a good location, easy access to much of the site-seeing in South Mumbai. The staff was quite cold in their affect, and would benefit from a smile and a greeting when new people come in. While there were a few tables, a common area would have helped this hostel to facilitate meeting new people, and a communal experience. I would stay again, though.

• 12th Aug 2014

Dear Guest Greetings from Travellers Inn Thank you for writing a review well we under the process of making a common room soon by next year so sorry for the trouble caused Thank you Travellers Inn

Not a bad place to stay. Perfect location and affordable. Decently clean.

• 3rd Aug 2014

It's hard to find a hostel at this price in Mumbai and that to near marine drive. The hostel is clean and well kept. The only problem was that they turn off the Wifi at night and don't have any common area or kitchen to use. So, you have to usually either stay in your room or go out of the hostel. The staff was not rude but could be a bit more courteous.

The place is quite good, we stayed in a s private room and the shower was clean but a bit funny, not that good and the 9th er bad thing is that they shut down the Internet at 00.00

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

The hotel seems to be very popular with international travellers. It's location is excellent although be prepared for taxi drivers never knowing where it actually is. The owner is excellent and he definitely goes out of his way to help you with onward journeys etc. They were also quite happy when I arrived at 3am due to a flight time. Only downside is the cleanliness, especially bathrooms, but I suppose it's about average cleanliness for budget accommodation in India. There probably won't be bet

The "deluxe" room had a broken AC box, and the bathroom was below standard. People were smoking in the hallway, and there was no real common space. The man with the scar on his face who worked there was rude and demanded money for literally 2 minutes on the computer. Wireless did not work in the room, and we were awoken in the middle of the night by staff to inform us about an incoming guest who never came.

As about the room you had booked n a/c dorm then how can u expect a/c for you, about smoking in the lobby it is clearly mentioned no smoking in hostel let it be any part of it, so it cannot be possible, we know its dorm so we clean it every day, some time because of internet problem wireless doesn't work and that is not in our hand, 2 min. computer usage doesn't matter to us u took printout also but u didn't pay for it. and if customer didn't arrive its not our mistake Thanks for you review

yes, it's a good location and staff is friendly. i definitely recommend the mystical mumbai tours that hostel (i'd call this place a 2 star hotel rather than a hostel) offers. it's lacking atmosphere since there was no common area to socialize or common kitchen. still, i loved my time spent there. universal cafe is just around the corner which was a big plus!

The best thing about Traveller's Inn was the price, which was great compared to other places. Location was decent enough, a walking distance from just about everywhere. Rooms had a small safe that could be locked though it was not big enough for most laptops. Negatives: COLD WATER, despite warm water having been advertised and the room having a switch saying "hot water". The dorm was never cleaned very well at least from what I saw (but it was never dirty).

The dorms without AC are pretty hot

• 30th Jun 2014
  • China

Can't fault this hostel / hotel, the staff are very good and the place is really comfortable. I ended up extending my stay to a week.

Great hostel with amazing friendly staff!

• 23rd Jun 2014

The staff could seriously be a lot more helpful. Does not hurt to be friendly and welcoming instead of morbid and unwelcoming.

• 12th Jun 2014

Good location only 15-20 mins walk from Colaba. Had to store our bags in the hallway so not very secure but in general good for the money we paid considering it's Mumbai and in a nice neighbourhood, very close to the CST railway station which is helpful. Staff were great and tried to be helpful throughout our stay.

Dear guest Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review Hope to see u next time again and we serve u the best once again Thank you Traveller's inn team Mumbai

This is the only hostel type place that I staid at in India. It only has one dorm and the rest of the rooms are doubles. The dorm has a fan and depending on the time of year you're staying, it can get very hot. The location of this place is great with lots of places around to eat. I would definitely stay here again.

Standard hostel in great location. Clean and well organised.

The hotel is a little claustrophobic due to lack of windows but this is very common in big cities. The location makes up for it though. Who wants to stay in the room when you're in Mumbai?

Dear Guest Thank you for your review Travellers Inn ' Mumbai