Travellers Inn Reviews

26, ADI Marzban path, behind Cafe Universal, Ballard Estate, Fort, Mumbai, India

A mouse ate a big hole in my bag whilst I was asleep

The perk about the guesthouse is its location. It isn't a hostel in the sense that there is no common area for travelers/backpackers to mingle. However, I did travel a bit with two roommates.

Great staff, really helpful and went and beyond help us out when we were trying to get a taxi across Mumbai. Very and well run hotel so would definitely stay here again!

The hostel is very good located near to cst station and 15 min from Churchgate station.

This is NOT a hostel!! It is a hotel with a dorm room. No communal areas dorms were small and not very clean. Air con only on at night. I felt this was very expensive for what you got. If you're looking to meet others don't stay here.

I strongly recommend to stay in Travellers Inn. As far as I know, it is difficult to find a cheap and at the same time good place to stay in Mumbai. The location is perfect and the staff very helpul. The only thing I miss is a hall or room to get to know other guests (they plan to solve it) and to be given a map of the city. After my tour around Keral, I will stay again!!!

needs a common area aside from the small corner near the computer area. rooms and facilities are clean enough. the staff are very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. located very close to the gateway of india and vt station.

I slept excellently. The place was exceedingly clean. The staff did their best, although I think more could be done in terms of offering information on the area. The front entrance of the hostel is not inviting, but then again, so are very few things in Mumbai. The huge plus of this place was its location.

Bad hostel no a.c. very dirty not atmosphere

Dear Guest Thank you for staying but if u were facing any problems u should have at least informed us we are here to help u 24 hours thank u Travellers Inn Regards Mohit

good location and with the lack of choice for this type of place in Mumbai was okay. ac not turned on until 10pm and turned off at 6am which meant rooms can be quite hot to stay in during the day

Decent hostel in a fine location. Dorm room was good with AC and a fan but was not provided with a blanket or even a sheet which led to a rather cold night.

Dear Guest Greetings Thank u for u r review but if you would have asked us we would have provided you as a lot of guest do not require thank you for staying Travellers Inn Regards Mohit

Damp bed during the monsoon season.

Take into account THIS IS INDIA. Of course hostel is not going to be fantastic, but price was good for a semi decent bed. Location is good, almost right next to CST station if you plan to get the train around Mumbai (recommended) and a ten minute or so walk from Colaba causeway.

To be honest, this hostel was very dissatisfying. They not only didn't help with bringing my luggage up the numerous stairs, but also cancelled my reservation prior to me getting there; even though, I sent them a message a few days before to let them know around what time I should be arriving. They sold my reserved room off and wanted me to pay an exorbitant amount to stay in another of the close locations that were far beyond sanitary. Unsightly neighborhood. Stay somewhere else if possible.

• 17th Jun 2015

Dear Guest U never stayed with us as well and we have all ready sent u an email about it and the reservation was cancelled due to your late arrival and we even asked we can pay u back the money of your deposit but we have not received any reply form your end Thank u as the review leaves a very bad impression on other guest as u never stayed with us

No common area at all, so no where to really talk to other travellers, unless you take some chairs to the street outside, but this doesn't work in the monsoon season (from experience). Not very clean, we weren't allowed to check into our room until over a hour after the time they have given online, and the bins had not been emptied, so by the time we left it was overflowing. Some staff are nice but lack great english skills - the ones who speak great English seem to hate you, and don't help.

Nice and a clean hostel located very central. I definitely would go back there!

• 12th Jun 2015

Dear Guest Thank you for your review we appreciate Thank you Travellers Inn

Dudes were pretty nice at the desk. Wifi was reliable. No common area but Cafe downstairs for beer and coffee and tea although no wifi. Wifi in room not bad. Ac crappy.

Dear Guest Thank you for your review Travellers inn Regards Mohit

Overall good, but the worst thing was that there isn't a common area. The hostel is full of solo backpackers all the time and no where to mingle. It would make sense to transform one of the reception desk-floor rooms into a common area with a couch and some chairs, moving the coffee and tea table in there too.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Dear Guest Thank you for your advice we are in process of doing a common area s soon Thank u Travellers inn

I stayed in the three-person dorm on the top floor. It only has fans, no AC. During the hot months, this was pretty tough. It was particularly annoying that I paid the same price as people who stayed in rooms with AC. I think me and the other two people in the room should have been compensated with a lower price. The beds were terrible. They are just the fold-up beds with thin mattresses, so you can feel all of the bars of the frame beneath you.

Not a place to hang out all day and spend time, but liveable accommodation for a night's rest. Good location close to VT/CST station.