Travellers Inn Reviews

La Pinta St. E4-435 & Amazonas Ave., Quito, Ecuador

The Travellers Inn was a very well maintained hostel, it had a nice breakfast in the morning with fresh fruits, and the eggs were very good. But if your looking for a party hostel or a younger crowd this isn't the hostel for you. But if looking to relax and have a clean room and bathroom with very nice staff this is the place for you. All in all I enjoyed my stay.

This is a wonderful family run place that is walking distance to La Mariscal district (next to the Spanish Consulate). Terrific made to order breakfast included in price, clean, quiet, safe and Carlos speaks excellent English. Airport pick up / drop off and luggage storage are available and very reasonable. Good, free maps available also. We very much enjoyed our stay and will be staying there again. Walking distance to Troll bus and easy to hail a taxi. (FYI: This is in New Town)

Travellers Inn was a great place to stay during our weekend trip to Quito. Staff was very flexible working around our schedule as far as checking in and checking out. The location was great, just a few blocks from Plaza Foch where there is some fun nightlife. The room was pretty tiny but cozy, and staff even came in to clean and make our bed during the day. This hostel is not a party hostel, but for people who are looking for a nice, quiet place to stay during their Quito trip.

I stayed here twice, first time I was upgraded to a single with bathroom for 2 night of the 3 and on the 3rd morning I asked if I needed to move and was told I didn't need to. So I left my belongings all over the room. On return that evening, I found my stuff had been packed and moved and my passport left in the old room. I told the receptionist who didn't seem that concerned, moving and packing someone's belongings is unacceptable. A shame as a decent option and value for money to hostels.

We enjoyed staying here because of the great location and good selection of tours. We were placed in a cabin outside which was nice but it has a damp smell and the whole floor was damp so it didn't feel airy or healthy staying in that room. The breakfast was excellent.

Lovely overall. However: hot water isn't continuously available; after 8 pm the night staff does not have access to snacks etc in the common room, & they only speak Spanish. The day staff promised me a discount that didn't manifest. A night staff (young guy with thin lips) didn't give me my wake up call one day another time a driver arrived for me, which I had advised him of, he told the driver he had the wrong place. Only when I went looking for the driver, did the driver know where he was.

Great service, very helpful in any cases!! I'll be back! :)

• 11th Mar 2015

We were so happy with this place. There aren't always hot water but other than that is was good until one night I returned alone at 23:00 and mo one answered the door. I was stock outside, alone in an empty street and it was veru unpleasant! I had no phone and I was lucky one of the neighbours offered to call the place and woke the guard. It was horrible and not safe!

Very nice here. We got there at 10:30 PM and they were waiting for us with 24 hour reception and security. It was completely silent there at night. Could not hear any other visitors, all the lights were out and no road noise. If you want a quiet night sleep, this is the place to go. We had hot showers. It's about 1/2 mile from the main part of La Mariscal so a little walk. Breakfast was good, included eggs. We came back a 2nd weekend got a free upgrade to a room with a private bath.

View all Quito Bed and Breakfasts