Travellers Oasis Reviews

8 Scott street, Parramatta Park, Cairns, Queensland, Australia

This was by far the best hostel we stayed in through our whole trip down under . The staff was amazing and provided better service than some 5 star hotels I've stayed in. You'd be crazy to stay anywhere else in Cairns.

I had a really good time here. The team get to know you and remember your name from day 1, which is nice. It's a quieter alternative to Gilligan's, but you can still use Gilligan's bar and then go back to Traveller's Oasis for a good nights sleep! They also organise events with transport at their sister site - the Aussie BBQ was a fun way to meet people! The computers and wifi are free to use, the showers are clean and hot, and it's generally got a great holiday vibe.

This is the best hostel I've been to! It is not too big and therefore familiar and cozy. The atmosphere is great, it is a pretty spot. The best thing is the staff that was SO helpful and even remember you by first name, even though you just stay for maybe 2 nights. It is not a party hostel, but if you want to,you will find others to go out with you. Would have liked to stay longer! Free WIFI, two kitchens, safes and fan in the dorms, nice little pool, great laundry facilities.

I didn't receive my 10 dollar key deposit upon my departure because the office was closed. I suppose this could have been avoided had I been told to return my key to the office instead of being told to leave it in the room. There were also little ants crawling up my wall even though I didn't have food in my room. I didn't mind paying a dollar for three hours for air conditioning but my air conditioner would automatically shut off after three hours even if I had put in more than 1 dollar.

Awesome hostel with everything you need and in handy location. Helen is the most delightful host I've ever met and will be sure to help you sort out all of your travel plans.

This is amazing place.

Best hostel in cairns! Suggestions: Real dish Washing liquid (;

Very friendly reception staff and everyone staying at the hostel was very nice as well. Really good kitchen and lounge space, lots of room for everyone. Great to have free wifi.

Stayed here due to reviews so had high expectations and was a little disappointed. Kitchens are small so often have to wait, our room led outside and during wet season this meant we had to go out in the rain during the night to use the bathroom. It is a nice little hostel though, beds are comfy & had your own safe. The staff are what make this place though, they are very friendly, helpful and many of them remember your name, it has a homely feel to it. Would recommend :)

Such a great hostel!!! Amazing staff, so friendly and knowledgeable (thanks again Helen for all your great advices and help booking tours). Extremely comfy beds and super clean facilities. Perfect location in a quiet and relaxed neighborhood, ideal for a good night sleep but still so close to the shops and the seafront and all the bars and restaurants. And a really cool and chilled out atmosphere. Look no more, this is where you want to stay in Cairns!

I had a brilliant stay at the Travellers Oasis - the staff go above and beyond, they are so friendly and helpful, making you feel right at home. The hostel itself is relaxed, clean and has great facilities. Not a party hostel, it's somewhere to chill out and feel at home. They also run BBQ and pizza nights, making it easy to meet other people. It's about 15 minutes walk from the seafront, but I found this no real bother. Best place I stayed in Australia, would definitely recommend.

Great little hostel, really friendly at atmosphere. Staff were amazing - do helpful and friendly, with plenty of advice on trips from cairns to the reef and rainforest. BBQ and pizza nights a great way to meet everyone. Had a love stay and would definitely recommend.

This was the hostel I liked most on my trip throughout whole Australia! Very nice atmosphere! It is a lovely and perfect place for every backpacker - just perfect in every respect!!! I loved it very, very, very much and will definitely return when in Cairns.

Loved it!

Quiet, clean and well located. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Really friendly staff and a nice quiet location but walking distance to everything. I would say that more events during the week would be great as the pizza night was the only one I could go to and it was great to hang out with other backpackers :) I would stay again.

• 11th Mar 2014

The staff here was awesome. They were very helpful from the beginning to end...helped me get my snorkeling day trip planned. Super friendly hostel, with a great laid back atmosphere. The BBQ that they have once a week with their sister hostel is a great event too. Perfect opportunity to have some great food, and meet some people! Will recommend you guys!

defintely the most beautiful hostel I've never been, and the staff is really friedly and helpfull!!!

this is an excellent hostel!! the staff and atmosphere is excellent!! if I ever go back to Cairns this is the hostel i would stay again. the pool is excellent and the facilities in general as well. Nothing bad to say about this place!!!!

great stuff! very friendly and always willing to help!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5