Travellers Oasis Reviews

8 Scott street, Parramatta Park, Cairns, Australia

Excellent fun, chilled out vibe but plenty happening if you want to get involved. Great facilities and the tour desk had perfect recommendations.

Nicehostel, very clean and relaxed. Great atmosphere.

Close to the city, a great relaxed atmosphere - and it has a swimming pool!

Highly recommended!!! Everything was excellent.

• 29th Aug 2014

One of the best Hostel in Australia. Perfect place to meet people and feeling like home. You have everything you need in this hostel. The staff is so nice, they help us with all our activities and found us very good prices

We enjoyed our stay in this hostel and we highly recommened it.

Amazing! First time ever staying at the hostel and it was just fab! So clean and secure and the staff were amazing! Highly recommend to anyone! X

• 15th Aug 2014

Only negative comment I have is the 3bed dorm is too small, my bed was right in the doorway when you opened it, and our heads were close together. For the rest:EXCELLENT staff, GREAT atmosphere, BEST hostel kitchen in Australia, QUIET(good sleep). Will definitely return. WONDERFUL place.

Travellers Oasis is a friendly little place, with excellent social area - a pool, barbecue, plenty of seating (although the lounge area is pretty small), two kitchens. They take plenty of time to advise and help organise other stuff too, such as tours and campervan hire. I'd definitely stay again.

One of my favorite hostels! Staff is very friendly and helpful! Beds are quite ok and the rooms are clean. Shopping mall next to the hostel. only negative thing is that it is not close to the beach. But I would definitely go there again!!

• 7th Aug 2014

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at! It has so much character, both in the building and with the staff. Everything is warm, inviting and eclectically homey. I can't say enough good things about Micky and Helen especially, who made the experience more like staying with family than at a hostel. All kinds of great advice for all the days we were there made for a busy but perfect start to our holiday. I would stay nowhere else in Cairns. Honestly, I wish this hostel was everywhere I go!

Great Hostel for a chill time. Staff are wonderful, they are all very helpful with anything such as organizing tours. Rooms are clean and bathrooms are always clean. It has 2 kitchens which is great so it is never crowded. Cheap transfer from the airport only cost be $5 from FNQ which is great. Only a 5 minute walk to the center of the city. Would definitely recommend for people that want a relaxed staff in Cairns.

Great hostel, would absolutely stay here again. Feels like a small place, very personal. Swimming pool, clean, nice staff.

1. Awesome kitchen, well stocked!2. The place so so WARM and inviting!!3. They have kept the whole place so beautiful.. warm and it actually feels like a home away from home!4. Great places to hang around in the hostel.. the pool, bbq place, wooden tables around information centre!5. Trust me you will fall in love with this place!!! 6. Super comfy beds! The gorgeous lady on the reception is super friendly.. and she makes extra effort to make you feel at home.. and that smile is addictive! :)

The staff was friendly, and the atmosphere was charming. We wish we could have stayed for longer!

Bed bugs, dirty bathrooms, very noisy until 3 am everyday, dark and far location. Great front desk staff.

Our stay at the Traveller's Oasis was great. The staff are friendly and helpful and hostel has a great vibe. I will certainly consider staying there again when/if I return to Cairns.

• 20th Jul 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed in :)

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

this hostel has a very cool vibe and lives up to its reputation in Lonely Planet. Shared a private twin room with my mother (who is in her late 50's) and we had no problems here. The crowd was generally a bit younger, but overall very respectful, quiet and friendly. Excellent meal deals at local restaurants and very easy access to main pubs, restaurants, waterfront, etc. VERY helpful staff able to book tours and give general travel advice. Highly recommended. Lovely common areas and pool.

I loved this hostel the staff were so lovely and helpful and everyone staying there was very friendly also. Probably also the most clean hostel I've stayed at anywhere in the world.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5