Travellers Oasis Reviews

8 Scott street, Parramatta Park, Cairns, Australia

Best hostel ever! Didn't even feel like a hostel most of the time and the staff were unbelievable. Helen is literally a guru and a credit to Cairns tourism! Only negative thing is that all the other hostels are going to be a disappointment in comparison.

Excellent well run hostel! I would highly recommend !

This was a fantastic place to stay for a couple of nights in Cairns. The hostel and the staff (namely Helen) made us feel at home, making sure we got the most out of our short stay. Whether it was hiring a car or booking a reef trip, nothing was too much trouble. If you're thinking about it you should stay here, our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer.

• 10th Aug 2015

What an awesome hostel with the best staff experience I have ever had! Helen and Mickey are amazing, the hostel cozy and homely and close to everything. Couldn't fault a thing, we were so sad to leave.

This was by far the best hostel that I stayed in during my travels around Australia, it's perfect for anyone who isn't looking to go out partying every night of the week. There's a good mix of ages and it's got a really relaxed atmosphere. The staff are really welcoming and it's nice that they give a little tour of the place when you check in. Brilliant facilities and I appreciated the free tea & coffee! I will definitely recommend to friends travelling to Cairns.

What a great hostel ! Everything was great. The monday barbecue is something to do. And special thanks to Hellen and all her advices and help regarding all the bookings and touring around the region. Thanks a lot !!

• 3rd Aug 2015

Such a beautiful hostel!!! Friendly staff and a great place to hang around during the day.

Very nice hostel. We arrived quite late and left early but the rooms were very clean an comfortable and the staff were really helpful

• 1st Aug 2015

We had an AMAZING stay here!!! Our room was clean and we absolutely loved our little porch with a hammock and chairs. We even had our own fridge, a nice overhead fan, and plenty of space! Would highly recommend to anyone, I've stayed in hostels all over NZ and Aus and this was by far one of my favorite!!! :)

• 31st Jul 2015

Friendly staff and lots of information regarding tours etc. no wifi in rooms

Good clean hostel which is pretty chilled. Staff were good but in particular Mickey was absolutely brilliant and helped me plan my whole trip down the east coast! Any questions about your trip speak to him as his knowledge on the area is huge and he is very happy to help. Hostel also offers free use of a towel for day trips so you don't have to take your own - a great idea that I found very useful! Monday night BBQ at sister hostel was great as well. All in all - very good!

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

The best hostel I have ever stayed! We had a private room with shared bathroom. Toilets/ showers were very clean and not a single thing was missing for a great stay (lovely kitchen/ laundry/ dvd/ w-lan.... Staff was extremly helpful. Stay here, you will not find a better place to stay.

Cool place!! Lots of character, clean, friendly, great staff!

It was all amazing and I loved my stay here. One of the best hostels I've stayed in. One thing I'd like to flag are the kitchen facilities: during my stay the toaster, kettles and gas stove top did not work. Not a deal breaker, but they'd be nice for next time ;) Everything else was perfect.

Travellers Oasis is easily the nicest hostel in town. This is my opinion, and is also the unanimous view of every other guest I met during my time in Cairns who spent time there. The staff are absolutely wonderful, offering discounts on tours and taking a genuine interest in ensuring your stay in Cairns is the best it can possibly be. I always felt comfortable that both myself and my belongings were safe at all times. There was always a relaxed, chill vibe which made me feel like this was home.

Great hostel! Very clean and comfortable with no bunk beds. I stayed in a spacious four bed dorm. Safes under each bed for security. Staff were fantastic, really welcoming and helpful. Quieter hostel (no parties) which is what I was looking for, but still really easy to meet people with a few organised social events too. 2xkitchens and several bathrooms. 15-20 min walk from esplanade but easy to get into centre of town and right across from Cairns central with supermarket.

One of the best hostels I've been to. Staff is really helpful, they give great tips about the tours and activities. Very clean and there are no bedbunks, only individual beds which is great! Lockers and power outlet for each person in the room. Nice swimming pool and hammocks. They organize a few dinners a week. Located only 2 minutes from the mall and 10 minutes to the city centre, it's located on quiet street. This is not a party hostel but very good atmosphere! Thanks for everything!

Really lovely laid back hostel, with really helpful staff! Nice hammocks

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Wales

Just a bit out of the city center, but truly an oasis. Good events and deals for local restaurants

Helen was awesome! Very helpful and friendly... gave great tips for diving and other activities. So comfortable here. Will recommend to everyone! Monday BBQ was great fun. All staff was great but Helen especially!.

• 29th Jun 2015