Travellers Oasis Reviews

8 Scott street, Parramatta Park, Cairns, Australia

Fantastic hostel, everyone is so helpful and welcoming. Really nice relaxed atmosphere and great location. Would definitely have stayed for longer if we hadn't already booked our onward travel.

Perfect hostel for relaxing a bit away from the party scene! Good facilities and the staff made this hostel great! Plus no bunk beds!!

Great little place, very clean. The staff are really friendly and so helpful. Micky booked our Greyhound passes and printed us off the timetables etc, and Helen knew her stuff too. Lovely little place and very quiet. Walking distance to the main esplanade where the bars etc are, but late at night is is a dark walk around the shopping centre and station to get back. Free wifi was good, we had a twin room and it was very clean, air con is $1 for 3 hours so well worth it! Thanks guys.

Bad: Had to pay for air conditioning. 1$ for 3 hours. that wasn't fun in the night. good: The staff is the best I've met, and will help you with anything.

This is easily the best hostel in Australia!! The staffs are so helpful and genuinely interested in helping. Helen and Micky are great. Other than a bit off in the location, I'll rate it perfect.

I really enjoyed my stat at the Travellers Oasis. It was clean and the staff were some of the most friendly and helpful people I've met on my travels. I would highly recommend staying here if you want a relaxing time in Cairns.

• 26th Dec 2014

Great hostel in Cairns. Solid location - easy access to main streets in the city, known to lots of travel groups for pickup, and easy to get to the airport. Amenities were decent, but you had to pay for air conditioning (which is needed in summer!) and we weren't prepared with dollar coins. But loved having a pool and all the outdoor areas. We would definitely go back!

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with any questions - thank you!

This is a great hostel! Helen at reception is a total sweetheart. Lots of bathrooms and little kitchens to make food. Nearby everything you could wantbut still far enough to be quiet when you want sleep. I just wish I could've stayed longer!

This hostel is without any doubt the best place to stay in Cairns. Great, nice and helpful staff, wonderful atmosphere, comfortable and clean rooms and bathrooms, nice chill out areas and swimming pool. It has been great spending a few days in this hostel, I'll definitely come back!

Good hostel, nice atmosphere, even very good breakfast on christmasday. You have to pay for airco

Enjoyed my stay and was amased at Helens ability to remember my name after the first day. Madness. She was super helpful and lay everything out for me realistically without beating around the bush which was nice. Room felt quite homey but the air con for 1 dollar for 3 hours was a bit annoying . everywhere was super clean though. Really enjoyed my stay overall and would recommend highly to anyone

Best Hostel!! Absolutley Loved it :)

• 15th Dec 2014

Although the facility is a bit old, everything functioned properly and that didn't take away from my experience at Travelers Oasis. I landed in Cairns with my boyfriend with nothing planned and the second I checked into the hostel Helen at the desk helped us plan our entire stay. Helen is very knowledgeable about the area and told us things we wouldn't have found on Google (ie be back at the ferry crossing by 6pm or we'd be screwed driving on the dark roads back)

• 14th Dec 2014

We enjoyed our stay in this hostel so much! Helen is very helpful and friendly whenever you have any question or want to help with booking of trip to reef. There is a nice pool, big kitchen, laundry and also room was very nice. We also appreciated free wifi. There are also regular evening events, such as BBQ. Definitely great place to stay in Cairns!

This hostel makes you feel like you're in paradise. Wifi works all over - even in the rooms and it's free! There's a huge kitchen, pool, laundry, and everything. The staff are really something else. They go out of their way to make sure you're taken care of and having a good time. The hostel has little events every week that are cute and fun. Overall my stay was amazing and I can't wait to go back!

Nice chilled hostel, little bit away from the sea front but near a huge shopping centre and other shops.

That Hostel was amazing. Only great people and we went to the bbq, it was so nice. It's really clean and all the people talk to each other. The little pool is nice to relax and some hammock. The lockers in the rooms are free and you got a fan in the room.

Good atmosphere and very happy and helpful staff! :)

• 8th Dec 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpfull especially Mikkey who gave us advice and helped to book our trips. Air conditioner filter needs cleaning.

• 7th Dec 2014