Travellers Oasis Reviews

8 Scott street, Parramatta Park, Cairns, Australia

Best hostel I've ever stayed in :)

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

this hostel has a very cool vibe and lives up to its reputation in Lonely Planet. Shared a private twin room with my mother (who is in her late 50's) and we had no problems here. The crowd was generally a bit younger, but overall very respectful, quiet and friendly. Excellent meal deals at local restaurants and very easy access to main pubs, restaurants, waterfront, etc. VERY helpful staff able to book tours and give general travel advice. Highly recommended. Lovely common areas and pool.

I loved this hostel the staff were so lovely and helpful and everyone staying there was very friendly also. Probably also the most clean hostel I've stayed at anywhere in the world.

This is probably the best hostel I've ever been. Super clean, nice avtivities (the barbecue was amazing!) and cool and helpful staff. The only bad thing about this hostel is, that you can't stay forever!

Excellent staff! Great help! Wonderful environment! Prime and quiet location! Very fun, tasty barbecue! One suggestion would be to put hooks in the bedrooms. Otherwise, we loved our stay and will recommend it to others! Thank you so much!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

All I can say is WOW. I stayed here for a week and I loved every second. Helen, the manager, is phenomenal - I check in and she is immediately giving me the ins and outs of Cairns. I only had two days to do fun stuff (I was there for a conference) and I hadn't booked in advance. She got on the phone and found me two amazing tours with local companies. The staff was lovely - I made friends with several and they showed me around town a bit. I love Travellers Oasis!

• 10th Jul 2014

Amazing hostel. Chill and incredibly helpful staff! Thanks guys

YOU NEED TO STAY HERE!! Definitely the best Australian hostel I stayed and at least in the top 3 worldwide. Great facilities (several kitchens and bathrooms, big BBQ area, pool and community area with TV) and it's extremly clean. Mattress and Bed are comfortable. Most importantly, the staff is extremly friendly and this creates a family-like environment and you feel good and welcomed straight away! All the different awards for excellence (e.g. tripadvisor) over many years are definetly deserved.

The best Hostel I've ever been to! Clean, pretty, cosy and absolutely amazing staff!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Everything was amazing. I would live at this hostel for the rest of my life.

Such a friendly and inviting atmosphere. Staff went out of their way and were very helpful with booking attractions. Had a wonderful stay!

• 4th Jul 2014

This is by far the best hostel I've stayed in in Australia. It's essentially a couple houses on one property, so there aren't loud hallways full of drunk people. It felt really comfy; good atmosphere, good beds, good facilities. The location is great, 3 minute walk to the central station, grocery store and shopping mall, 10 minute walk to downtown area. Very kind, helpful staff. Stay here!

We only stayed here for a night before we flew out of Cairns. It was definitely a quality hostel. Helen was awesome and amazingly accommodating. The Mexican restaurant next door was delicious and offered good deals. The hostel is a bit of a hike from the main part of Cairns (although I didn't actually walk this), but it was nicer than a hostel we stayed at closer to the Esplanade. Helen arranged an airport pick up for us, hostel provides towels and hotel level safes.

I had a great stay at Traveler's Oasis! The front desk staff, especially Helen, are all so friendly and helpful. There's free unlimited wifi throughout the hostel, and tons of lovely outdoor areas with hammocks and lounge chairs. It's really nice to have single beds rather than bunks, and each bed has a little safe underneath for your valuables. The location is pretty good, maybe a 10 minute walk to the esplanade. This place is constantly being cleaned, which is awesome. Highly recommend :)

We had constantly heard Travellers Oasis was the best place to stay in Cairns, albeit a little more pricey. But you get what you pay for. It's so relaxed and friendly, with awesome staff and great facilities. While located off the centre it is a maximum 10 minute easy walk to it. A big plus is the fact that they let you bring alcohol in and drink there, which a lot of the other hostels don't allow as they want you to purchase from their bars. A brilliant all round hostel.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Felt like a cottage, like at at home, not like a hostel. Was the perfect get away and a little more quiet. Appreciated the staffs help with luggage storage, airport shuttles, car hires. Etc Would definitely stay here again

• 28th Jun 2014

We had a great stay at Travellers Oasis. The atmosphere was friendly and safe. Although we had a private room we still got some noise from other rooms - putting a rubber mat or something to dampen noise in the upstairs hall would be helpful. The particular highlight were the staff who were awesome. Someone please give Marco a pay raise!

• 21st Jun 2014

We are a couple that stayed for 9 nights in a private double in this hostel. The hostel is located right behind the Cairns Shopping Centre which makes it very convenient for shopping and getting supplies from Coles. The location of this hostel is makes it a quieter place as it's away from all the pubs which we appreciated. We didn't stay in much during the day but found that when we did the staff were always cleaning the place so you can be sure that it's clean.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Amazing service in every way. Highly recommended!

• 15th Jun 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! Great atmosphere, good location and really knowledgeable staff!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5