Travellers Oasis Reviews

8 Scott street, Parramatta Park, Cairns, Australia

Great hostel, very clean and tidy.

I LOVE THIS PLACE! It's really clean, no bunkbeds, good working wifi and very friendly staf! It's a little bit out of town, but it's 10 min from the bars, pubs and cafés.

The best hostel I've been in Australia.

Fantastic hostel, very chilled out with a relaxed atmosphere. Staff were very helpful and friendly and helped us out so much organising trip and also providing extra accommodation at short notice on nights that it was pretty much fully booked. Ended up staying 4 nights instead of 2 and could have easily have stayed longer.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Wales

A very nice little quiet hostel. It's a little bit further out of the city centre, but definitely in walking distance if you are looking for something quieter than inner city. The washrooms are setup a little odd, as instead of the communal type they have an open sink, and individual showers and toilets. I enjoyed my short stay but after having spent a night at another hostel closer in the city I'm not sure I would go back to Travellers Oasis.

The hostel is very well-run and a definite value for money. Its central location, free wifi (which you can access from anywhere in the hostel!), well-equipped kitchen, many lounge areas and weekly events such as BBQ nights and pizza nights, make this a really great place to stay in. More than that though, the staff - especially Mickey and Helen - were what makes this place great! They were friendly, knowledgable, engaging and sincere in helping you plan activities to make the most of your stay.

It was s great place to stay! Cool atmosfere and very friendly and professionel staff. Not enough bathrooms though. But would stat there again!

Had a great time at Travellers Oasis - staff really knowledgeable and helpful . Thanks guys!

A lovely hostel with friendly people with a great lite outdoor pool to cool off. The tie in with the woolshed was fab making eating out very cheap.

• 25th Oct 2014

Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. Great help with sorting out activities and getting good offers. Good, relaxed atmosphere.

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome and settled into our room quickly. The staff were amazing, they really took their time to help you and made you feel like their first priority. The atmosphere was laid back and every one there was of the same mind set - there were no awkward silences in the kitchen or hesitation to sit with anyone when eating. We made loads of friends there and has been our favourite hostel while travelling the east coast. We 100% recommend it!

What a nice and welcoming hostel. I came twice as I was on a trip to the great barrier reef inbetween. Very clean and you could see the put a lot of effort in keeping it clean. Lots of recommendations for trips etc. and extremely friendly staff. The location is just behind a big mall but there is a shortcut to go through and the city starts right on the other side. Not a party hostel (at least when I was there) but the atmosphere was very nice and welcoming.

Friendly yet helpful staffs especially the beautiful Helen. Excellent and quiet atmosphere. Super convenient, near to Central Shopping Mall. A big thumb up. Highly recommended!

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Great place, relaxed atmosphere, super friendly and helpful staff.

A well run hostel. Very clean, and the staff are wonderful

Loved our stay here. The staff is super nice and helpful. Helen replied my email and also let me used her phone. How nice! The bed is clean and the hostel is quiet after 10pm. Great location and great value for money. Highly recommended.

I was staying here for a week for Uni, I found it quiet enough in the single rooms to sleep early. The staff were excellent and helped me with everything I needed. The pool was very nice

• 29th Sep 2014

As far as I can tell, you're running the best hostel in Cairns. Great staff, and the decor gave it a great vibe. Perfect base for some adventures in the Cairns area. Really hope I make it back to the Cairns area, and if I do I know which hostel I will be staying at.

• 27th Sep 2014

This hostel is amazing. So secluded and relaxing but still has a fun vibe. The staff are the best part. Especially Marco and Mickey. They were so so helpful! The location is nice, not right in the centre but definitely walking distance. One of the best hostels I've stayed in

It kind of feels like a mini resort! Two kitchens make the place less crowded at meal times and the community area was lovely. A short walk from grocery and train, and about 15 minutes from the shore, but if you book a tour they offer shuttle service. The staff is excellent and the rooms are comfy!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4