Travellers Oasis Reviews

8 Scott street, Parramatta Park, Cairns, Australia

This hostel makes you feel like you're in paradise. Wifi works all over - even in the rooms and it's free! There's a huge kitchen, pool, laundry, and everything. The staff are really something else. They go out of their way to make sure you're taken care of and having a good time. The hostel has little events every week that are cute and fun. Overall my stay was amazing and I can't wait to go back!

Good atmosphere and very happy and helpful staff! :)

• 8th Dec 2014

This is definitely the best hostel I stayed in in Australia. It wasn't as big as all the other ones I stayed in so seemed to have a better atmosphere and I found every member of staff I dealt with so welcoming and helpful.

100 points out of 100!!! Loved it! Will come back!!! Also thanks to helen and mickey for doing all my bookings!!! I felt very much at home!!

Liked it a lot. Staff is exceptionally nice and rooms were reasonably clean. Across from Cairns Central for easy access to groceries and the Kuranda shuttle bus. Could use more showers and toilets, we were queueing a little bit.

Really enjoyed our stay here, lovely staff, made to feel very welcome, very helpful for any information/trips etc, recommended "the green ant" restaurant to us which was class, just around the corner from hostel, easy to get about from this location, would definitely stay again!

• 25th Nov 2014

Not recommended for solo female travelers. Mostly men staying long term. Lack of security, motel style with push locks only on doors. The bathroom is community style but does not have locks or a secure entry door. Getting up at night to use the bathroom was very unnerving as men were up pacing the corridors at all hours. I felt very uncomfortable. The location is also not near anything else. It's like a ghost town.

Helen is amazingly helpful and friendly and made Cairns feel like home!

One of the best! The hostel was amazing, the complex is lovely with it's houses, swimming pool and bbq-area. We had a double which was very nice and clean, it even had a nice balcony with a table and chairs and a hammock aswell. The staff was superfriendly and very helpful, everything was really clean. Would definitely recommend staying here! We stayed for 4 nights but could have easily stayed for a week!

Quiet and chilled hostel - no party hostel! Friendly and helpful staff and a nice pool to relax in on hot days. Close to the CBD and the main shopping centre in Cairns. I had a great time there and highly recommend it to anyone seeking a peaceful accomodation.

Great hostel, very clean and tidy.

I LOVE THIS PLACE! It's really clean, no bunkbeds, good working wifi and very friendly staf! It's a little bit out of town, but it's 10 min from the bars, pubs and cafés.

This place was more than we expected. The staff alone made it worthwhile. Their suggestions on what to do and where to go as well as their unwavering drive to make sure we had a great experience made us fall in love with this place. We were so sad to leave as this was our first stop on our one month stay in Australia but they certainly set the bar high and no one (not even big name hotels) could even come close o they amazing service we experienced here.

• 10th Nov 2014

What a beautiful little oasis! Just wish we could have stayed here longer. A totally relaxed, homely, friendly hostel. The staff were so helpful and the hostel so chilled. Rooms were clean and homely. Kitchen was well equipped and clean and all the outside areas to eat, sit and socialise made it wonderful. The staff were brilliant, totally giving it hat personal touch, showing us round, booking transfers and even remembering our names and what we had planned for the day. Would definitely return!

• 10th Nov 2014

The best hostel I've been in Australia.

Fantastic hostel, very chilled out with a relaxed atmosphere. Staff were very helpful and friendly and helped us out so much organising trip and also providing extra accommodation at short notice on nights that it was pretty much fully booked. Ended up staying 4 nights instead of 2 and could have easily have stayed longer.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Wales

A very nice little quiet hostel. It's a little bit further out of the city centre, but definitely in walking distance if you are looking for something quieter than inner city. The washrooms are setup a little odd, as instead of the communal type they have an open sink, and individual showers and toilets. I enjoyed my short stay but after having spent a night at another hostel closer in the city I'm not sure I would go back to Travellers Oasis.

The hostel is very well-run and a definite value for money. Its central location, free wifi (which you can access from anywhere in the hostel!), well-equipped kitchen, many lounge areas and weekly events such as BBQ nights and pizza nights, make this a really great place to stay in. More than that though, the staff - especially Mickey and Helen - were what makes this place great! They were friendly, knowledgable, engaging and sincere in helping you plan activities to make the most of your stay.

It was s great place to stay! Cool atmosfere and very friendly and professionel staff. Not enough bathrooms though. But would stat there again!

Had a great time at Travellers Oasis - staff really knowledgeable and helpful . Thanks guys!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4