Travellers Oasis Reviews

8 Scott street, Parramatta Park, Cairns, Australia

Travellers Oasis is a friendly little place, with excellent social area - a pool, barbecue, plenty of seating (although the lounge area is pretty small), two kitchens. They take plenty of time to advise and help organise other stuff too, such as tours and campervan hire. I'd definitely stay again.

One of my favorite hostels! Staff is very friendly and helpful! Beds are quite ok and the rooms are clean. Shopping mall next to the hostel. only negative thing is that it is not close to the beach. But I would definitely go there again!!

• 7th Aug 2014

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at! It has so much character, both in the building and with the staff. Everything is warm, inviting and eclectically homey. I can't say enough good things about Micky and Helen especially, who made the experience more like staying with family than at a hostel. All kinds of great advice for all the days we were there made for a busy but perfect start to our holiday. I would stay nowhere else in Cairns. Honestly, I wish this hostel was everywhere I go!

Great Hostel for a chill time. Staff are wonderful, they are all very helpful with anything such as organizing tours. Rooms are clean and bathrooms are always clean. It has 2 kitchens which is great so it is never crowded. Cheap transfer from the airport only cost be $5 from FNQ which is great. Only a 5 minute walk to the center of the city. Would definitely recommend for people that want a relaxed staff in Cairns.

Great hostel, would absolutely stay here again. Feels like a small place, very personal. Swimming pool, clean, nice staff.

The staff was friendly, and the atmosphere was charming. We wish we could have stayed for longer!

Bed bugs, dirty bathrooms, very noisy until 3 am everyday, dark and far location. Great front desk staff.

Our stay at the Traveller's Oasis was great. The staff are friendly and helpful and hostel has a great vibe. I will certainly consider staying there again when/if I return to Cairns.

• 20th Jul 2014

Best hostel I've ever stayed in :)

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

this hostel has a very cool vibe and lives up to its reputation in Lonely Planet. Shared a private twin room with my mother (who is in her late 50's) and we had no problems here. The crowd was generally a bit younger, but overall very respectful, quiet and friendly. Excellent meal deals at local restaurants and very easy access to main pubs, restaurants, waterfront, etc. VERY helpful staff able to book tours and give general travel advice. Highly recommended. Lovely common areas and pool.

I loved this hostel the staff were so lovely and helpful and everyone staying there was very friendly also. Probably also the most clean hostel I've stayed at anywhere in the world.

This is probably the best hostel I've ever been. Super clean, nice avtivities (the barbecue was amazing!) and cool and helpful staff. The only bad thing about this hostel is, that you can't stay forever!

Excellent staff! Great help! Wonderful environment! Prime and quiet location! Very fun, tasty barbecue! One suggestion would be to put hooks in the bedrooms. Otherwise, we loved our stay and will recommend it to others! Thank you so much!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

All I can say is WOW. I stayed here for a week and I loved every second. Helen, the manager, is phenomenal - I check in and she is immediately giving me the ins and outs of Cairns. I only had two days to do fun stuff (I was there for a conference) and I hadn't booked in advance. She got on the phone and found me two amazing tours with local companies. The staff was lovely - I made friends with several and they showed me around town a bit. I love Travellers Oasis!

• 10th Jul 2014

Amazing hostel. Chill and incredibly helpful staff! Thanks guys

YOU NEED TO STAY HERE!! Definitely the best Australian hostel I stayed and at least in the top 3 worldwide. Great facilities (several kitchens and bathrooms, big BBQ area, pool and community area with TV) and it's extremly clean. Mattress and Bed are comfortable. Most importantly, the staff is extremly friendly and this creates a family-like environment and you feel good and welcomed straight away! All the different awards for excellence (e.g. tripadvisor) over many years are definetly deserved.

The best Hostel I've ever been to! Clean, pretty, cosy and absolutely amazing staff!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Everything was amazing. I would live at this hostel for the rest of my life.

Such a friendly and inviting atmosphere. Staff went out of their way and were very helpful with booking attractions. Had a wonderful stay!

• 4th Jul 2014

This is by far the best hostel I've stayed in in Australia. It's essentially a couple houses on one property, so there aren't loud hallways full of drunk people. It felt really comfy; good atmosphere, good beds, good facilities. The location is great, 3 minute walk to the central station, grocery store and shopping mall, 10 minute walk to downtown area. Very kind, helpful staff. Stay here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5