Travellers Oasis Reviews

8 Scott street, Parramatta Park, Cairns, Australia

Nice to have a hostel with individual beds, rather than bunks. Also great to have towels provided. The air conditioning units, which cost $1 for 3hrs, was really not cold enough though during summertime.

Was a great stay in Travellers Oasis. The Staff is always helpful and makes this hostel to such a beautiful and lovely place as it is.

• 25th Feb 2015

Amazing hostel. Great staff, great facilities, great atmosphere. Make sure you have change (or get at reception) for the aircon - you're going to need it!

• 19th Feb 2015
  • South Africa

I loved the people that I met, the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, and the overall atmosphere! :)

• 18th Feb 2015

The staff is very helpful and friendly. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed.

Great place to stay. Felt very homey and loved there wasn't bunk beds. Met some great people. Didn't take advantage of the BBQ but was great that it was offered.

Awesome staff and good atmosphere

I was pleasantly surprised but Traveller's Oasis have already recommend it to a number of friends. As children we were members of YHA but this is far above and beyond what I was expecting! As a consequence Im now much happier with the idea of travelling with hostels rather than hotels and that will make life much easier and cheaper in the future. SO thank you and thank you to the staff at Traveller's oassis

• 6th Feb 2015

Super friendly staff. Enjoyed stay a lot. Very nice hostel, highly recommend it there is nothing to complain about. Only "bad" thing that air con is one aud for the hours.

Made you feel as part of the family and unlike any other backpackers you could feel how much love and care was put into the place. Very recommendable 😊

• 4th Feb 2015

The best of this hostel is the staff, very friendly. Five minutes walking to the lagoon but its not a problem, there is a supermarket in your way. No lockers and you have to pay for the air-con. Very clean dorms and bathrooms.

Loved the little safe in the room! No bunk beds - awsome! They even have oil and some spices in the kitchen! Great

Fantastic hostel, everyone is so helpful and welcoming. Really nice relaxed atmosphere and great location. Would definitely have stayed for longer if we hadn't already booked our onward travel.

Perfect hostel for relaxing a bit away from the party scene! Good facilities and the staff made this hostel great! Plus no bunk beds!!

Great little place, very clean. The staff are really friendly and so helpful. Micky booked our Greyhound passes and printed us off the timetables etc, and Helen knew her stuff too. Lovely little place and very quiet. Walking distance to the main esplanade where the bars etc are, but late at night is is a dark walk around the shopping centre and station to get back. Free wifi was good, we had a twin room and it was very clean, air con is $1 for 3 hours so well worth it! Thanks guys.

Sooooo friendly and welcoming staff, only a short stroll to cairns main street! Good facilities

Possibly best hostel I've ever stayed in. I VERY MUCH enjoyed my stay. Staff A+++. Mickey & Helen answered a million questions for me, most of them before I even arrived. They can book your tours, some things with discounts. This place is very clean & comfortable. Sister hostel "Tropic Days" has a great BBQ (I ate so much!) and didgeridoo contest, I recommend going, they will transport you there & back. Hostel location is pretty good, not too long of a walk to the main area. Highly recommended.

Bad: Had to pay for air conditioning. 1$ for 3 hours. that wasn't fun in the night. good: The staff is the best I've met, and will help you with anything.

The staff at this hostel are the friendliest and most helpful of any I have been to. Nice atmosphere, quite laid back. Pretty decent for meeting people, though it empties out during the day as everyone is gone on tours or on the reef. Overall a great stay.

This is easily the best hostel in Australia!! The staffs are so helpful and genuinely interested in helping. Helen and Micky are great. Other than a bit off in the location, I'll rate it perfect.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4