Travellers Oasis Reviews

8 Scott street, Parramatta Park, Cairns, Australia

Good clean hostel which is pretty chilled. Staff were good but in particular Mickey was absolutely brilliant and helped me plan my whole trip down the east coast! Any questions about your trip speak to him as his knowledge on the area is huge and he is very happy to help. Hostel also offers free use of a towel for day trips so you don't have to take your own - a great idea that I found very useful! Monday night BBQ at sister hostel was great as well. All in all - very good!

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

The best hostel I have ever stayed! We had a private room with shared bathroom. Toilets/ showers were very clean and not a single thing was missing for a great stay (lovely kitchen/ laundry/ dvd/ w-lan.... Staff was extremly helpful. Stay here, you will not find a better place to stay.

Cool place!! Lots of character, clean, friendly, great staff!

It was all amazing and I loved my stay here. One of the best hostels I've stayed in. One thing I'd like to flag are the kitchen facilities: during my stay the toaster, kettles and gas stove top did not work. Not a deal breaker, but they'd be nice for next time ;) Everything else was perfect.

Travellers Oasis is easily the nicest hostel in town. This is my opinion, and is also the unanimous view of every other guest I met during my time in Cairns who spent time there. The staff are absolutely wonderful, offering discounts on tours and taking a genuine interest in ensuring your stay in Cairns is the best it can possibly be. I always felt comfortable that both myself and my belongings were safe at all times. There was always a relaxed, chill vibe which made me feel like this was home.

Great hostel! Very clean and comfortable with no bunk beds. I stayed in a spacious four bed dorm. Safes under each bed for security. Staff were fantastic, really welcoming and helpful. Quieter hostel (no parties) which is what I was looking for, but still really easy to meet people with a few organised social events too. 2xkitchens and several bathrooms. 15-20 min walk from esplanade but easy to get into centre of town and right across from Cairns central with supermarket.

• 12th Jul 2015

One of the best hostels I've been to. Staff is really helpful, they give great tips about the tours and activities. Very clean and there are no bedbunks, only individual beds which is great! Lockers and power outlet for each person in the room. Nice swimming pool and hammocks. They organize a few dinners a week. Located only 2 minutes from the mall and 10 minutes to the city centre, it's located on quiet street. This is not a party hostel but very good atmosphere! Thanks for everything!

Really lovely laid back hostel, with really helpful staff! Nice hammocks

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Wales

Helen was awesome! Very helpful and friendly... gave great tips for diving and other activities. So comfortable here. Will recommend to everyone! Monday BBQ was great fun. All staff was great but Helen especially!.

• 29th Jun 2015

This was one of my favorite hostels in Australia. Staff is so friendly and welcoming, and helped me make the most of my time in Cairns. Location is five minutes from the buses and trains, less than ten to a grocery store and mall, and fifteen to everything else in Cairns. Also, this hostel is so clean, with staff walking through several times a day to make sure it is glistening. I had a great time. Stay here!!!!!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Everything is always super clean and the staff are the friendliest! I've been travelling for over 3 years across NZ and oz and this is definitely one of my favourite places I've been to! Really chilled out vibe, people to party with or if you want a quiet night every body is catered for! Thank you :)

Staff was very friendly and helpful! Loved my stay here!!

• 22nd Jun 2015

Really nice hostel, great atmosphere, very helpful and friendly staff. Beds are comfy, rooms are spacious. Enough toilets and showers spreaded out over the property. Lots of activities to join and have fun but quiet hostel during the night so you can get your sleep. I have to point out the great architecture (Asian style?), makes the hostel really outstanding. Had a great time there - would recommend it.

• 21st Jun 2015

Travellers Oasis is great. Marco was amazingly helpful (from securing a car hire for us at a discounted rate to giving us advice on what to do with our free time), and the rest of the staff seemed equally nice and helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • SamuelEarls

Nice and relaxed atmosphere - not a loud party hostel. Great for travelers more focused on experiencing the city rather than partying all night. Still in a great location - easy to walk to lots of clubs and other party hostels, if interested. Easy to get a quiet night's sleep, which was the most important to me! Good kitchens and lots of community sitting/eating areas.

• 18th Jun 2015

A really nice hostel with a very chilled atmosphere - staff here are brilliant. On our first day the chopping board we got out to use was covered in ants so that was a bit of a mark against cleanliness - but happy to report that they clean every day so it was one isolated incident.

This was a fantastic hostel! The staff were beyond helpful and welcoming and it was a very enjoyable experience. Nothing but praise for the hostel!!

Staff were friendly but not super duper excited. I know what its like working in that area, it can be tough but I also know what an impact staff can have. Id probably say they could be a little more friendly

it was nice and clean. the hostel staff was very patient and helpful! being a very forgetful person, they went above and beyond expectations and helped me a lot during my stay there.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

We had booked 3 nights at travellers oasis and extended by two more nights. This is a very laid back hostel, if you are looking to party then I would go somewhere else. There wasn't much going on other than a pizza night where we met a few other people but the weather was so bad all week (non stop rain) that no one really came out of their rooms. It's very clean and all rooms have a safe in. Comfy beds, air con. Kitchen got busy at times but overall a great place, we will use again if needed

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4