Travellers Palm Reviews

NO 10 Jalan Rembia, Off Tengkat Tong Shin Bukit Bintang, 50200, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I really loved staying in Travellers palm. The lady and her daughter are adorable. She even took us to have breakfast in an indian place one morning! The location is just great too!

We stayed in one of the rooms which faced the street and we could ear a lot of noise from the street (late evening and morning). There was AC but it was only on from 20pm-08am - and really cold.Otherwise there were fans to cool off the hot air of KL. Breakfast was simple but good. The owner is very nice and made no objections when we decided to stay another night or when we asked to leave the bags for some hours. It is very near lots of restaurants,bars,pubs,massage parlors.

The host who runs travellers Palm wasvery friendly and helpful. Bring close to the bars and restaurants bear Bukit buntang was great, and the monorail to sentral was only a 2 minute walk away. Our room was a good size, and was secure. Great value for money.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The owner could be a wonderful lady if she smiled a little!

It was our second time in travellers palm lodge. We had a very warm welcome and suzy made us feel like coming home. Cause we've already been in KL we weren't into that much seightseeing and spent most of the time in courtyard talking with suzy about life or exchanged expericences with other travellers. This time we had shared bathroom and it was always clean and no mold.

Hi! i would just like to say that the place Travellers Palm Lodge has poor accommodation. Staff, specifically the owner, Suzie, was very rude. she would say things that are inappropriate to her field of business which is supposedly "Services". She just ruined our stay in KL.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

The travellers Palm is in a great location in KL, about 5 minutes walk a street full of great food. The metro is really close and it's easy to get to. You do have to pay for a locker and the wifi isn't the best but you get a good breakfast and the owner is really friendly and helpful.The only downfall is the guy who works there who doesn't speak much English so it can be tough if the owner ain't there to check out etc. Other than that a really great hostel.

The woman (owner?) is VERY nice and professional. Her English is excellent. But, the man who was there most of the day can barely speak a word of English and was not helpful. Breakfast is good: essentially all you can eat toast with jam, as well as oats and milk, and coffee. Right outside the entrance is a decent, cheap Indian food court, open 24 hours. Hostel courtyard/lounge area is small but nice - you might want bug spray! Showers/bathrooms are very small, but the water is heated.

Stayed here 3 times, best place to stay and chill in KL. Suzie is wonderful, and there is never a dull moment with Zsazsa around! Never good bye just see you again :)

• 11th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Very nice owner, good english a nice location and nice rooms

• 10th Mar 2015

stayed in the dorms and had a brilliant stay, Suzie and zsa zsa made us feel welcome and the outside common area worked a treat, would come again and recommend to all my friends

The owner was very friendly and helpful. It is also very close to the Bukit Bintang station which is easily connected to the central station.

The location is perfect. The staff was not really friendly and the guy from the house can barely speak English. It's a small hostel but it is a nice place to meet other people.

Suzy is an amazing host! Great location near train, food, shops, comfortable and clean rooms, quiet and safe despite being in a popular district. I definitely recommend this place.

Relaxed hostel, super pretty and great Location. Made to feel at home when I was there. Facilities could do with a bit of work, but the company and brekky and advice about the city more than makes up for it.

8 bed dorm for 8 nights Positives; Great location, I walked almost everywhere, has air-con, hot showers, balcony, smaller lockers, free breakfast, Susie is amazing and helpful - she gave me so many useful tips, her daughter is a lot of fun, great vibe and easy to make friends within the dorm. Negatives: No communal area except for courtyard outside. This means that I didn't meet anyone outside of my dorm even though the hostel was full some days! Dorm is quite cramped. Recommended

Owner is so friendly, beds are super comfy, nice atmosphere with garden to have breakfast, good breakfast. Really recommend this one!

Owner and daughter were absolutely lovely and helpful for arranging transport for us. Room was basic but pretty clean. Recommend bringing own sleeping bag as blankets not available and can get chilly at night.

I loved staying at the Travellers Palm, it was a really great time. The location is good, the facilities are all well maintained and clean and the place is very secure. Suzie, the owner of the hostel was extremely kind and very helpful. I found speaking with her to be the best part of my stay in KL. I have already recommended this place to other travellers!

My friend and I had a private twin room for week and used TPL as a base to travel other places near KL. It was incredibly secure and we didn't have any doubts leaving stuff in the room overnight while staying at other hostels. Perfect location for getting around in KL, going out, and eating good food (SK Corner, the local Indian restaurant, was amazing). Would definitely recommend it to anyone.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels