Travellers Palm Reviews

NO 10 Jalan Rembia, Off Tengkat Tong Shin Bukit Bintang, 50200, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

3 years since I was last in, a lot of renovations have happened since then. Suzie's amazing & really makes you feel at home. Just round the corner from Bukit Bitang & the food night market!

Atmosphere and staff not worth it. We ended up moving next door to Checkmate Guesthouse whicb was GREAT!

• 13th Mar 2014

I guess what you pay for is what you get. The location is fantastic, within walking distance to Jalan Alore. But the hostel itself wasn't that great. Our private room of 4 had it's own shower which had a very low pressure but no toilet. The shared toilet was downed the hall out the back which was annoying considering you have to take your shoes off when you enter the hostel. Our room didn't lock and could be accessed by anyone staying at the hostel by simply pushing it opened. Staff is friendly.

The owner was completely mad! Don't stay here, unless it's the only hostel left, and if it is, you'll be better of sleeping in the street to be honest.

The Lady in Charge is probably the most unpleasant person I met on my travels. Other than that, the security is good, a little overdone though. Not something I would visit again.

Suzie and Zsazsa (daughter) are amazing. Suzie is very friendly and helpful. There's a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere in the hostel. Very comforting. It's clean, and it has hot showers. Wifi isn't always as good, but KL is pretty easy to connect to the wifi with. I really enjoyed my stay here and next time I'm in KL I'll definitely stay here again. Thanks Suzie!

The hostel was a bit lacking in atmosphere. Aside from the small outdoor area, there isn't really a common area and I think this is partly why there wasn't much of a culture of meeting new people when I was here. Also, I was very disappointed with the owner's insistence that I go to a tourist stand outside to get my questions answered, rather than personally help me and offer suggestions. Weird smell as well. Overall, very mediocre. It's an ok value for money, but you can get better for cheaper.

It's a good place to crash, clean beds and showers and free breakfast, but definitely it is not a good place to stay too long. Staff was a little bit impolite, my friend wasn't allow to take a shower after check-out not even as a courtesy. Internet is very slow in this one....

Me and my brother have stayed in the hostel and we felt like we are home which is difficult to find easily when you're travelling abroad. It was such a nice experience and if I have the chance to go back again to Kuala Lumpur I would definitely stay there.

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Egypt

Soap in the bathroom should be available.

We enjoyed our stay. Suzy is nice and the breakfast is very good and more than enough! Room (Double) was clean, so the bathrooms. Towels included. Unfortunately no mosquito net, but we always kept the door to the balcony closed. Location is pretty close to everything you want to visit, near a "food street" where you find cheap, good food! We would come again.

If you do any renovation in future, maybe you would like to consider a ventilation hole to the rooms that do not have window. Addition of a ventilation fan will be even greater. The height of the ceiling is high enough to accomodate one above the door. The stale smell of the room will be more tolerable.

Not easy to find,but I really enjoyed staying there. Next time in Kuala Lumpur definitly same hostel

Great little place, Suzy the owner is very helpful and friendly, plus the place is very clean and brilliant value. Dont have a bad thing to say about the place :)

• 22nd Jan 2014

The staff do an excellent job running the hostel. Security is superior to most hostel. Access is possible at all hours. Facilities are excellent (air cond in room). The only point not excellent is not enough bathroom/showers for the numbers of bed occupied.

• 16th Jan 2014

a really quiet place and tha staff was very nice.

Having read previous reviews, I have to say many are unfair. Suzy, the host was absolutely lovely and helpful to us. The facilities were nice, the location fantastic and the security very good. I would recommend anyone to stay here.

It was not a good experience, I won't come back to this place.

I love this place from the first sight. so different from another hostels. It looks clean and comfy from outside and... that's true.. the room is very clean and so comfy. and Suzy as the owner is very friendly. very nice to stay in Travellers Palm Lodge :") I'll be back

• 6th Jan 2014
  • Indonesia

Another clean and friendly place in the Bar district. Dorm is a bit cramped though.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels