Travellers Palm Reviews

NO 10 Jalan Rembia, Off Tengkat Tong Shin Bukit Bintang, 50200, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

All of the reviews told me how wonderful the lady working here is, I didn't have the same experience. There was a guy there who couldn't tell me anything about the city, he didn't have a map and couldn't even tell me where to find a tourist information centre. He was rude and unpleasant. At the end the rude guy said I'd paid 20R deposit, but I'd paid 22, other people backed me up. He demanded to see a receipt- but I'd never been given 1. 1 night I was followed and felt very unsafe after that.

I stayed at travellers palm for 2 nights just after I arrived there 2 guys were being chucked out for using blankets from other beds because they got cold. The owner told one of the girls off for running down the stairs because she panicked about loosing her bag at 3pm. There was no communal area and I didn't meet anyone except 2 people in my dorm room of 8. Odd place, wouldn't stay again, didn't see the host much all the reviews say she was great but never saw her. Felt like I had to be a ghost

Although the hostel has a nice homie vibe and great location that's about the only good thing. The bathroom/shower is one of the worst I've been in. Terrible water pressure. You have to pay extra for towels and locker (can't use personal lock). The owner wasn't there and didn't really explain why. Some guys got kicked out for using an empty bed's blankets. The only employee left barely spoke English. This is marked as budget hostel but the few dollars saved wasn't worth it.

Lady of the house, just wonderful person! Just great place to be at, close to the center but still on a quiet area, secure and comfy.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Finland

Personally, the owner of any hostel makes the experience what it is. Suzie and her daughter Sza Sza went above and beyond in accommodating our needs and being great hosts. In terms of location is it was perfect, 20 meters from all the bars in Changkat district! The facilities were good and WiFi was the fastest i've had in a long time! Really loved this hostel and with Suzie and Sza Sza all the best!

I stayed 3 nights at Travellers Palm lodge. Suzie and her delightful daughter Zsizsi were very helpful and a pleasure to be around. Everywhere was clean, showers and toilets were good. Only downside was that after the first night the air con iin the dorm room where I was sleeping broke. Since I had only just flown over from the UK and the temperature was a massive change, this resulted in a few bad nights sleep. There were still fans though, I was just really not used to the heat!

We enjoyed our stay very much. Best value place in Bukit Bintang area (I tried quite a few over the years). Friendly staff, good breakfast, comfortable beds and good showers.

This hostel was probably the worse I've stayed in so far.I booked for 2 nights and left after the 1st so did a young male traveller who was staying in same dorm. We went on reviews and were very disappointed can't see why this hostel is rated so high, toilets not good, Dorm dark, run down, hot, poor lighting and very small 8 beds!! believe me you don't want to spend anytime in there nor the garden not as the pictures.have to pay 2 MRY extra each day for a locker can't use your own padlock.

• 2nd May 2015

Strategic place,simple but satisfy breakfast,meet new friends

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

I spent my 2 last night in KL at TP hostel before levaing Malaysia and the stay was very pleasant. The hostel is close to very good chinese food stalls and people running the place are very kind and helpful.

• 29th Apr 2015

I really loved staying in Travellers palm. The lady and her daughter are adorable. She even took us to have breakfast in an indian place one morning! The location is just great too!

We stayed in one of the rooms which faced the street and we could ear a lot of noise from the street (late evening and morning). There was AC but it was only on from 20pm-08am - and really cold.Otherwise there were fans to cool off the hot air of KL. Breakfast was simple but good. The owner is very nice and made no objections when we decided to stay another night or when we asked to leave the bags for some hours. It is very near lots of restaurants,bars,pubs,massage parlors.

The host who runs travellers Palm wasvery friendly and helpful. Bring close to the bars and restaurants bear Bukit buntang was great, and the monorail to sentral was only a 2 minute walk away. Our room was a good size, and was secure. Great value for money.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The owner could be a wonderful lady if she smiled a little!

It was our second time in travellers palm lodge. We had a very warm welcome and suzy made us feel like coming home. Cause we've already been in KL we weren't into that much seightseeing and spent most of the time in courtyard talking with suzy about life or exchanged expericences with other travellers. This time we had shared bathroom and it was always clean and no mold.

Hi! i would just like to say that the place Travellers Palm Lodge has poor accommodation. Staff, specifically the owner, Suzie, was very rude. she would say things that are inappropriate to her field of business which is supposedly "Services". She just ruined our stay in KL.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

The travellers Palm is in a great location in KL, about 5 minutes walk a street full of great food. The metro is really close and it's easy to get to. You do have to pay for a locker and the wifi isn't the best but you get a good breakfast and the owner is really friendly and helpful.The only downfall is the guy who works there who doesn't speak much English so it can be tough if the owner ain't there to check out etc. Other than that a really great hostel.

The woman (owner?) is VERY nice and professional. Her English is excellent. But, the man who was there most of the day can barely speak a word of English and was not helpful. Breakfast is good: essentially all you can eat toast with jam, as well as oats and milk, and coffee. Right outside the entrance is a decent, cheap Indian food court, open 24 hours. Hostel courtyard/lounge area is small but nice - you might want bug spray! Showers/bathrooms are very small, but the water is heated.

Stayed here 3 times, best place to stay and chill in KL. Suzie is wonderful, and there is never a dull moment with Zsazsa around! Never good bye just see you again :)

• 11th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Very nice owner, good english a nice location and nice rooms

• 10th Mar 2015