Travellers Palm Reviews

NO 10 Jalan Rembia, Off Tengkat Tong Shin Bukit Bintang, 50200, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

the double room I rented smelt awful that I had to change to another but it also smelt like the first one. There were lots of mosquitos in the room, one night I killed more than 7 mosquitos in the night, I couldn`t fall asleep because of their buzzing , had to wake up, switch the lights on an search .... annoying! Next time please be more careful before you recommend something like that. I felt kind of being kidded by the recommendation.

• 14th Jul 2014

An amazingly quiet spot in the hussle

• 4th Jul 2014

First hostel with a pool i've been to. Great place. Nice staff. Great place, much young people.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Said hostel has a beautifully landscaped front porch, but is always locked up, even to guests for reasons i assumed associated with security. It would be nice and extremely convenient if the front gate remains locked only after midnight.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Travellers Palm lodge is located close to public transport, lots of street food, bars, restaurants, nightlife. The location is perfect and Suzie (the owner) is really nice and helpful.

3 years since I was last in, a lot of renovations have happened since then. Suzie's amazing & really makes you feel at home. Just round the corner from Bukit Bitang & the food night market!

Atmosphere and staff not worth it. We ended up moving next door to Checkmate Guesthouse whicb was GREAT!

• 13th Mar 2014

I guess what you pay for is what you get. The location is fantastic, within walking distance to Jalan Alore. But the hostel itself wasn't that great. Our private room of 4 had it's own shower which had a very low pressure but no toilet. The shared toilet was downed the hall out the back which was annoying considering you have to take your shoes off when you enter the hostel. Our room didn't lock and could be accessed by anyone staying at the hostel by simply pushing it opened. Staff is friendly.

The owner was completely mad! Don't stay here, unless it's the only hostel left, and if it is, you'll be better of sleeping in the street to be honest.

The Lady in Charge is probably the most unpleasant person I met on my travels. Other than that, the security is good, a little overdone though. Not something I would visit again.

Suzie and Zsazsa (daughter) are amazing. Suzie is very friendly and helpful. There's a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere in the hostel. Very comforting. It's clean, and it has hot showers. Wifi isn't always as good, but KL is pretty easy to connect to the wifi with. I really enjoyed my stay here and next time I'm in KL I'll definitely stay here again. Thanks Suzie!

The hostel was a bit lacking in atmosphere. Aside from the small outdoor area, there isn't really a common area and I think this is partly why there wasn't much of a culture of meeting new people when I was here. Also, I was very disappointed with the owner's insistence that I go to a tourist stand outside to get my questions answered, rather than personally help me and offer suggestions. Weird smell as well. Overall, very mediocre. It's an ok value for money, but you can get better for cheaper.

It's a good place to crash, clean beds and showers and free breakfast, but definitely it is not a good place to stay too long. Staff was a little bit impolite, my friend wasn't allow to take a shower after check-out not even as a courtesy. Internet is very slow in this one....

Me and my brother have stayed in the hostel and we felt like we are home which is difficult to find easily when you're travelling abroad. It was such a nice experience and if I have the chance to go back again to Kuala Lumpur I would definitely stay there.

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Egypt

Soap in the bathroom should be available.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels