Travellers Palm Reviews

NO 10 Jalan Rembia, Off Tengkat Tong Shin Bukit Bintang, 50200, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I stayed 3 nights at Travellers Palm lodge. Suzie and her delightful daughter Zsizsi were very helpful and a pleasure to be around. Everywhere was clean, showers and toilets were good. Only downside was that after the first night the air con iin the dorm room where I was sleeping broke. Since I had only just flown over from the UK and the temperature was a massive change, this resulted in a few bad nights sleep. There were still fans though, I was just really not used to the heat!

• 13th May 2015

We enjoyed our stay very much. Best value place in Bukit Bintang area (I tried quite a few over the years). Friendly staff, good breakfast, comfortable beds and good showers.

This hostel was probably the worse I've stayed in so far.I booked for 2 nights and left after the 1st so did a young male traveller who was staying in same dorm. We went on reviews and were very disappointed can't see why this hostel is rated so high, toilets not good, Dorm dark, run down, hot, poor lighting and very small 8 beds!! believe me you don't want to spend anytime in there nor the garden not as the pictures.have to pay 2 MRY extra each day for a locker can't use your own padlock.

• 2nd May 2015

Strategic place,simple but satisfy breakfast,meet new friends

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

I spent my 2 last night in KL at TP hostel before levaing Malaysia and the stay was very pleasant. The hostel is close to very good chinese food stalls and people running the place are very kind and helpful.

• 29th Apr 2015

I really loved staying in Travellers palm. The lady and her daughter are adorable. She even took us to have breakfast in an indian place one morning! The location is just great too!

We stayed in one of the rooms which faced the street and we could ear a lot of noise from the street (late evening and morning). There was AC but it was only on from 20pm-08am - and really cold.Otherwise there were fans to cool off the hot air of KL. Breakfast was simple but good. The owner is very nice and made no objections when we decided to stay another night or when we asked to leave the bags for some hours. It is very near lots of restaurants,bars,pubs,massage parlors.

The host who runs travellers Palm wasvery friendly and helpful. Bring close to the bars and restaurants bear Bukit buntang was great, and the monorail to sentral was only a 2 minute walk away. Our room was a good size, and was secure. Great value for money.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The owner could be a wonderful lady if she smiled a little!

It was our second time in travellers palm lodge. We had a very warm welcome and suzy made us feel like coming home. Cause we've already been in KL we weren't into that much seightseeing and spent most of the time in courtyard talking with suzy about life or exchanged expericences with other travellers. This time we had shared bathroom and it was always clean and no mold.

Hi! i would just like to say that the place Travellers Palm Lodge has poor accommodation. Staff, specifically the owner, Suzie, was very rude. she would say things that are inappropriate to her field of business which is supposedly "Services". She just ruined our stay in KL.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

The travellers Palm is in a great location in KL, about 5 minutes walk a street full of great food. The metro is really close and it's easy to get to. You do have to pay for a locker and the wifi isn't the best but you get a good breakfast and the owner is really friendly and helpful.The only downfall is the guy who works there who doesn't speak much English so it can be tough if the owner ain't there to check out etc. Other than that a really great hostel.

The woman (owner?) is VERY nice and professional. Her English is excellent. But, the man who was there most of the day can barely speak a word of English and was not helpful. Breakfast is good: essentially all you can eat toast with jam, as well as oats and milk, and coffee. Right outside the entrance is a decent, cheap Indian food court, open 24 hours. Hostel courtyard/lounge area is small but nice - you might want bug spray! Showers/bathrooms are very small, but the water is heated.

Stayed here 3 times, best place to stay and chill in KL. Suzie is wonderful, and there is never a dull moment with Zsazsa around! Never good bye just see you again :)

• 11th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Very nice owner, good english a nice location and nice rooms

• 10th Mar 2015

stayed in the dorms and had a brilliant stay, Suzie and zsa zsa made us feel welcome and the outside common area worked a treat, would come again and recommend to all my friends

The owner was very friendly and helpful. It is also very close to the Bukit Bintang station which is easily connected to the central station.

The location is perfect. The staff was not really friendly and the guy from the house can barely speak English. It's a small hostel but it is a nice place to meet other people.

Suzy is an amazing host! Great location near train, food, shops, comfortable and clean rooms, quiet and safe despite being in a popular district. I definitely recommend this place.

Relaxed hostel, super pretty and great Location. Made to feel at home when I was there. Facilities could do with a bit of work, but the company and brekky and advice about the city more than makes up for it.

View all Kuala Lumpur Hostels