Travellers Trax @ The Barley Corn Hotel Reviews

177 Johnston Street, Collingwood, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

You get what you pay for. Facilities were fine, wifi does not work at all but there are computers you can use free of charge. They do seem to be renovating it though. Major issue was my bed had bed bugs. Had to sleep head to toe with my sis as could never find anyone to tell. Horrible :(

"First thing i have to say is "Whoooaaa up there" "Bedbug" is a curse word in the accommodation industry and can get thrown around very liberally when in most cases is caused by people sweating in there sleep and not changing there sheets In regards to our hostel, we are checked and precautionary sprayed every 3 months and offer a 100% refund if we ever did have any Secondly, our reception is open 12 hours a day and a live in manager Thirdly ... I dont have a thirdly haha.Thanks for the review

These guys are great, had an amazing time, Great value for money, free wifi and the biggest common area i have ever seen!! I recommend to everyone

• 4th Apr 2014

Had a good time!!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Very good place to stay, your own locker and very clean new bathrooms Staff like family make you feel like family Great time

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Japan

:) Thanks guys, and whats a little confusion between friends, its the gel that binds us haha Have a great trip and thanks for the stay

Very good place, I think the only part that is not good maybe is the reception is separated from the place... though won't get much communicate with staffs...Actually hope it's gonna be able long term to stay in this place

Really nice and friendly place, its more a share house than a hostel! You can have a really nice time in this place :)

the main thing to say about this hostel is that it is above a pub that plays live music most nights - so u won't get to sleep very early as the whole place vibrates with the music - if u can cope with that then fine - it's very cheap and the trade-off is the noise.

Is good value for money, most other hostels in Melbourne are double the price but you get a bed, free wifi and hot shower (if your quick) nice friendly atmosphere

Stayed for three nights and didn't get sheets, wasn't sure who to ask to get them because I didn't know who actually worked there. Its difficult to check in when reception is closed and since the hours don't seem to be posted anywhere I found it impossible to pay (they ended up charging my credit card without telling me).

I would've loved to further review travelers trax if anybody had actually bothered to show up at check in. I had a week long reservation I showed up around 2 reception was closed that's fine my fault, I called the number downstairs no one picked up. A guest let me in upstairs there were room assignments right on the door but I had none. Called a few more times and waited till 7 for no one to show up, then I found another hostel. Not worth the stress.

• 18th Nov 2013

Everything was ok untill 3:30 AM when three Swedish girls where added to the two vacant beds.

• 21st Oct 2013