Travellers Trax @ The Barley Corn Hotel Reviews

177 Johnston Street, Collingwood, Melbourne, Australia

Nice girls!

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Uruguay

It's great if your looking for very cheap accommodation but other than that it's horrible, it's quite far from cvs, the rooms are small and cramped, it's dirty and they give you keys for the rooms but hardly anyone used them during my stay and just forced the door open. I would definitely prefer spending a little more for a cleaner and more centralised location

• 15th Feb 2015

Some of the staff people was not friendly at all and neither the facilities in the kitchen (not much cooking equipment), WIFI (never work on my iPhone), toilets (2 or 3 for boys only but only one mix in the ground floor), showers (same as the toilets). The way to get the room in the ground floor is not secure, I think! The security is very poor! You have a code on the door on one side of the hostel, but you have a door always open on the other side! So anyone can come in the hostel as he wants!

• 12th Feb 2015

This hostel should be shut down. I am planning on complaining to hostelworld for advertising this and also to australian health and safety. This was appalling and out of the six nights we paid for, I styed there once because it was too filthy and the facilities were disgusting. Out of the three shower rooms, only one had a light but the door did not shut and there were cracked tiles all over the floor whichc cut my feet. I had to use the shower without a light one morning and slipped. Appaulling

• 2nd Feb 2015

We've been here for 4 month, very very great hostel ! Nice people, nice team, good vibes ! You never would like to leave this place ! Big kiss love love , see you there !!

• 1st Feb 2015

The only reason you'd go to that place it's because its price. Otherwise, it's a dirty, noisy and unsafe hostel.

• 27th Jan 2015

When we arrived, we heard that there were more people in the hostel than beds. So they were cleaning up a room to place beds there. We had to wait until 19.00 before we could get into our dorm. The beds were good but there wasn't much more worth mentioning other than that they provide lockers

Dirtiest hostel I have ever seen, very Rude manager. Bedding was dirty, kitchen was being used as a work station and had dirt that had obviously been there a while. Deputy manager agreed it was poor and looked nothing like pictures and was dirty but refused to refund money. Very disappointed should have health standards to have a look and should be penalised for false advertisement!!!

• 13th Dec 2014

The bathroom for the 12 doormroom stinks worse then a public toilett.Insside the room was a horrible smell cause some backpackers forget the invention of soap and deodorant.. I felt like in an indian slum.The security is very bad, everybody can come in from one outside door. The reception is closed for a long periode especially on sunday. The tabs and toilets are leaking....

Hello, I booked this hotel, and sent them email. I called up to their mobile number before and also after reaching there. No one repsonded. Further they had night manager mobile number, which I called but they told me that I have to wait until their boss returns by 9 AM (almost next day checkout time). I called them from night 1130 pm and had to stay out on road..it was raining. I sent to their email multiple times, no response. These guys are cheats. They charged me as well. Terrible.

if you like a clean and neat place to stay, this should be your very last choice. by investing only four dollars more you can do so much better..

Huge disappointment! I've stayed in better hostels in Asia. Me and my friend booked this accomodation for our first 2 night in Australia. We've arrived around midnight after long 24 hours flights from Europe and we couldn't check-in, moreover we couldn't even get in! Reception was closed already, even though I've send e-mail before about our late arrival and I was ensured that someone is going to wait for us. Nobody was picking up the phone as well! Thankfully some other guest help us out!

The cheapest place in Melbourne, but there's a reason. One back door has a code lock, but another remains unlocked and open. The 18 bed dorm isn't ever locked, so anyone can walk in from outside. Added to this, lockers for this dorm are through the courtyard, upstairs, and along a corridor, making it a hassle to safely store anything. Long term residents drink/smoke late into the night, making the rooms very noisy in the small hours. However, the Wifi was very good, compared to the competition.

ROBBING @@@@@@@!!!!!! PAID ON ARRIVAL THEN THEYVE CHARGED MY CARD!!!! ABSOLUTE HOLE OF A PLACE

its a good vibrant place to meet people

The feel was nice, if only the security was better. Our door was rickety and the room was dirty. The bed also fell apart when we sat on it!

So far the worst hostel I've ever been!the room was overcrowded, smelly, filthy and the door couldn't be locked!! They say the parking is available, but only if you're lucky enough to find a spare parking on the street and if you're willing to pay a fine the next day!terrible place terrible experience

• 23rd Sep 2014