Travellers Trax @ The Barley Corn Hotel Reviews

177 Johnston Street, Collingwood, Melbourne, Australia

The hostel was very cheap and you get what u pay for, which i'm okay with. Staff wasn't very friendly though, ignoring deposit being paid to hostelbookers and just ignoring me when i wanted to check out...

Really cool and relaxed hostel. friendly people, comfortable rooms, 2 kitchens and free wifi.

its no a hostel, its a drug lair... dirty, and i felt that people are not friendly at all... my experiance thats it.

Smell like feet...

• 10th Oct 2015

First of all I could find the place, they only have a small paper behind the window saying "Travellers Trax Hostel". My check-in was a drunk lady giving me an envelop with my key in it and some info about check out. A lot of people in the hostel drank and used drugs all day and night, there for walking around sober felt a bit strange. I put my stuff in the fridge, next day half of it was gone. Kitchen is dirty, not enough supplies (1 knife!). My check out was dropping my key in a box.

Good for the price. Paid 15 dollars per night for the largest dorm. Cheapest in Melbourne. Staff are good but the reception is not open much. The big dorm is right next to the TV room so can get a little noisy. Some nights there are some parties in the yard but cannot hear it in the dorms. Big clean every morning which and generally is clean through the day. Would recommend for budget travelers. Just down the road from Fitzroy so lots of bars, cafes and bottle shops around. Plenty of transport.

In room enter other people and steal objects...poor clean

• 2nd Sep 2015

Zero security. Never once entered a passcode because the back door was unlocked and never used my key to the room because no one ever locked it. Felt very unsafe leaving things around. The lockers provided are about as big as a shoe box. No reception area either... Arrived at 4:30pm (which was 'after hours') and had to call two different numbers to get my key in a lock box. No entrance sign, hard to find staff to help out with questions. Has a very "anything goes" feel... Great location tho...

This is not a hostel. This is a place for drug addicts and homeless people. It's disgusting, it's crowded, it's dirty. My pillow had blood on it. All the rooms smelled weed and everyone looks either drugged or drunk. Terrible vibe, terrible experience. Me and my friend only stayed there for a few hours, trying to find another decent place to stay. I really recommend anyone to NOT book this place, even if you're broke. It looks like a DANGEROUS place to sleep.

• 28th Jul 2015

Good value-for-money hostel if your budget is a high priority - especially if you need to stay for prolonged periods of time. There will be much nicer and cleaner hostels around Melbourne without doubt. But as a place of refuge for people who need a place to chill for a set period of time and not hurt the wallet too much, this is the one. That should be remembered. So don't expect the Ritz when you arrive and remember how much you are playing for a basic bed, hot shower and WiFi.

Cheap, nasty. First impressions were of a slum, though i stayed in a really cheap room. Once i moved room it was much better. Had a ladder as company in the room for some reason but apart from that i enjoyed my stay.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Scotland

May not be the cleanest hostel or in the best location, but it's close to Victoria Park station and is a bed to sleep in. The staff is nice and provides each person with a locker, and grocery bag with kitchen utensils.

THEIFS - Whilst sleeping someone went into my bag and stole my phone charger and travel adaptor!!! DIRTY - Showers are over the urinal it's dirty!!! STAFF - Don't help when you have a problem and are too busy getting high or off there face!!! I wouldn't let my dogs stay there to be honest and I would pay a little extra and stay in a more reputable hostel