Travellers Trax @ The Barley Corn Hotel Reviews

177 Johnston Street, Collingwood, Melbourne, Australia

Dirtiest hostel I have ever seen, very Rude manager. Bedding was dirty, kitchen was being used as a work station and had dirt that had obviously been there a while. Deputy manager agreed it was poor and looked nothing like pictures and was dirty but refused to refund money. Very disappointed should have health standards to have a look and should be penalised for false advertisement!!!

• 13th Dec 2014

The bathroom for the 12 doormroom stinks worse then a public toilett.Insside the room was a horrible smell cause some backpackers forget the invention of soap and deodorant.. I felt like in an indian slum.The security is very bad, everybody can come in from one outside door. The reception is closed for a long periode especially on sunday. The tabs and toilets are leaking....

• 18th Nov 2014

Hello, I booked this hotel, and sent them email. I called up to their mobile number before and also after reaching there. No one repsonded. Further they had night manager mobile number, which I called but they told me that I have to wait until their boss returns by 9 AM (almost next day checkout time). I called them from night 1130 pm and had to stay out on road..it was raining. I sent to their email multiple times, no response. These guys are cheats. They charged me as well. Terrible.

if you like a clean and neat place to stay, this should be your very last choice. by investing only four dollars more you can do so much better..

Huge disappointment! I've stayed in better hostels in Asia. Me and my friend booked this accomodation for our first 2 night in Australia. We've arrived around midnight after long 24 hours flights from Europe and we couldn't check-in, moreover we couldn't even get in! Reception was closed already, even though I've send e-mail before about our late arrival and I was ensured that someone is going to wait for us. Nobody was picking up the phone as well! Thankfully some other guest help us out!

The cheapest place in Melbourne, but there's a reason. One back door has a code lock, but another remains unlocked and open. The 18 bed dorm isn't ever locked, so anyone can walk in from outside. Added to this, lockers for this dorm are through the courtyard, upstairs, and along a corridor, making it a hassle to safely store anything. Long term residents drink/smoke late into the night, making the rooms very noisy in the small hours. However, the Wifi was very good, compared to the competition.

ROBBING @@@@@@@!!!!!! PAID ON ARRIVAL THEN THEYVE CHARGED MY CARD!!!! ABSOLUTE HOLE OF A PLACE

its a good vibrant place to meet people

The feel was nice, if only the security was better. Our door was rickety and the room was dirty. The bed also fell apart when we sat on it!

So far the worst hostel I've ever been!the room was overcrowded, smelly, filthy and the door couldn't be locked!! They say the parking is available, but only if you're lucky enough to find a spare parking on the street and if you're willing to pay a fine the next day!terrible place terrible experience

• 23rd Sep 2014

very simple hotel and the cheapest in Melbourne but is very correct , free wifi , free computer for internet , free locker for this price I recommends .

• 25th Aug 2014

The Staff were unhelpful and lazy. The location was very misleading when it said in the description that was a city based hostel its wasnt it took us over an hour and half to walk there from the city centre. The security was bad, the lockers provided were tiny no space at all. the walk way to upstairs was dangerously unsafe to walk along. The door to the dorm didnt close, the side door to the back yard was open all the time. The kitchen and bathroom facilities were so bad we didnt cook or shower

A place to spend the night or few days

dirty & lousy

Needs somewhere for guests to sit. The lounge is often closed during the day and all night. Other than outside there is nowhere to spend the time whilst the lounge is closed.

I was violently attacked and verbally abused by a man in the 18 bed dorm downstairs I was placed in, even though I had booked a smaller room upstairs. The staff were friends with this man and stuck up for him, sitting in a large group with him after the incident and laughing about it while I was left alone in extreme distress. I checked out 2 days early with no refund and no apology.The place was filthy, people were extremely rude and violent, and staff clearly are not concerned for your safety

• 22nd Jul 2014

Cant give a full comment cause the hotel hall was under maintenance, however the cleanliness has a lot can be improve eg. rooms a bit messy and smelly , windows frames having holes lake winds

• 11th Jul 2014