Tree House Hostel

Very Good 169 Total Reviews

• Switzerland, Couple, 25-30
20th Aug 2017
4.3

We had a private room booked in advance, but when we arrive, the lady at the reception told us that the hostelworld reservation never came and that the room was already booked by other people. She refused to call the manager to give us the prepaiement back. Finally, we learned by a hostel nearby that the same situation had happened the day before. We never saw an ounce of regret nor heard a "sorry"!

26th Jul 2017
6.0

This place is in a good spot in Gestemani although there are many options near by. The bad things were that the ac wasnt working in my room, there are only 2 bathrooms for the 3 or 4 dorm rooms which means you have to wait. They were fairly clean but at certain times they were pretty gross. The breakfast is decent, eggs, toast, and fruit. The patio is small and cramped and there is little atmosphere. The staff when I was there were older Colombians, they were super kind but not very up to date.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
20th Jul 2017
6.3

Its was fine for a cheap hostel. But the atmosphere was nonexistent. If you're travelling on your own, like me I think you should stay in a busier hostel. This is just really small and there was no one around.

• Belgium, Female, 18-24
16th Jul 2017
4.0

Wouldn't recommend it at all. The lady of the hostel was very unhelpful, I had to wait 20 minutes before she helped me (she was drinking + having a private call). There was also a private party going on, which I had no problem with if she still helped her guests. The check-in I had to do myself 'cause she just gave me her registration book. I didn't get any blanket. The morning after we had to prepare our own breakfast.. two eggs each, a little bit of bread, no fruit or juice, bad coffee...

• England, Male, 18-24
21st Jun 2017

We had such a good time with Tree House Hostel staff and the kind of people that stayed here that me and my friends stayed for the entirety of our University placement. Doris and Alfonso are very accommodating, friendly and protective of the guests. Pluses include powerful cold (normal for Cartagena) showers, the new resident friendly squirrel, cheap big bottles of águila, the mango tree that drops delicious mangos when in season.

• England, Female, 18-24
24th May 2017

nice little and budget hostel in historic center of cartagena, perfect location and great yard to meet people

14th Apr 2017
6.3

I have never left a bad review on hostel world but this hostel will be my first. I booked AND paid for the deposit for a room for two days here. When I arrived, the lady who was "running" the hostel would not get off the couch and simply told me that there are no rooms left. I asked her if I would be receiving my deposit back and she simply told me no and that she was irritated because the owner was not here & that the rooms on hostel world keep getting overbooked. That is absolutely ridiculous.

13th Apr 2017
3.7

Very poor staff & organizing. The hostel did not have our reservation when we arrived,we were not properly compensated for their mistake, & the HUGE inconvenience that late in the day. Once we arrived for our 2nd reserved night, the staff did not know how much we owned & insisted we pay much more. We went through the math numerous times & in the end they wanted it in our home currency which was a pain since we had Colombian pesos very available. There are MUCH better hostels for the same price.

4th Mar 2017
6.3

We reserved online about a month ahead of time only to be told they'd given our spot away by a group who wanted to over stay there booking. Cool... don't go here.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we constantly aligned our politics for be a better hostel