8.1
Fabulous 99 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 99 Total Reviews
Tree House Hostel Located at Calle San Antonio 25 - 99, , Cartagena.
Colombia
Cartagena Bolivar 00000 Calle San Antonio 25 - 99
81% 99
10.4199265 -75.5461406
    Rooms available

15th Jan 2017

The pictures were a little deceiving. There's a rule that the common area needs to be empty and silent by midnight, which I did not like since Cartagena boasts its nightlife. All in all it was a nice stay but a little more expensive than I had thought being on a backpackers budget. If money is tight, there are definitely cheaper options in the area.

• masteryas4549
  • France, Male, 31-40
9th Jan 2017
6.6

I liked the atmosphere of the hostel. Great location... and enjoyed sitting the open lounge, small, but easy to talk to people. internet is good. quiet at night. The lady working in the morning was really rude, the breakfast is 2 slices of toasts n 2 papayas... coffee was never ready. it could be chilly at night bcoz of the air con. kitchen was dirty. when i had to pay for the room, the owner picked the highest exchange rate. i should have paid 150k, and asked for 170k... so we agreed on 160k.

• Venezuela, Female, 31-40
7th Jan 2017

Really nice people. I will definitely come back.

• Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
19th Dec 2016
5.1

When we arrived we were coerced into paying up front for a whole week even though other people staying at the hostel were paying after they stayed. After having to pay we had to leave for emergency reasons and we were flatly refused by the owner to have our money returned. To top this off they requested documentation to prove our need to leave. Out of the 6 people in our group, only 3 of us received change from our payment at the start. The guy at night was nice, woman during the day not so much

18th Dec 2016
8.0

Overall things were good, but lasting memory is their treatment of another group of travelers regarding a cancellation request. Their request was within policy, but the lady claimed she had no authority to refund the balance, which was reasonable. However, she refused to call the owner and insisted he would check in later as she hid the remaining cash. Of course, he never called (if he even exists). Eventually they got the police involved and eventually resolved. So unnecessary and petty.

• Canada, Male, 31-40
6th Dec 2016
6.6

This hostel is unique in Colombia as you can sleep when you want to sleep (unlike other hostels where drugged irresponsible tourists stay up late blasting their music and hostels aren't able to do anything). Kitchen was filthy for the whole three days we were there, but washrooms were awesome.

• USA, Female, 31-40
3rd Dec 2016
8.0

Little noisey due to people partying and a helicopter flying overhead during the morning hours.

21st Nov 2016
2.0

Had to change plans at the last minute. My phone doesn't work over seas so I read the policy sent to me by Hostel world, that if I no-showed I'd be charged for one day. So at ~$14 $8 which i'd already paid in the deposit, it was not worth the $6 to stop my trip to go somewhere and use a computer. The hostel charged me for four days. Refused a refund, stated it was in their policy. I sent them the policy I had reviewed from Hostel World in the email. Hostel world won't help or respond.

16th Nov 2016
8.0

Very nice owner, sadly no English skills at all. Lockers are missing in some rooms which makes it a bit less safe. Good wifi and nice common area. Overall a good hostel that I would stay in again, just nothing really special for the price.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
15th Nov 2016

Perfect place to stay in Cartagena