Tree House Hostel Reviews

Calle San Antonio 25 - 99, Cartagena, Colombia

Useless staff. Horrible manager who speaks to his staff like they're dogs. In turn the staff laze around as though they don't even realize they're working in a hostel that has paying guests and do their best to ignore you. I was overcharged, my deposit wasn´t recognized, put in a room with more beds to what I booked. The manager verbally abused me in front of his staff and other guests. Don't do it.

The staff here keep trying to overcharge everybody even though your hostelworld booking says exactly what you should be paying so it was false advertising. They also don't serve breakfast here which is advertised on the leaflets they hand out to you, and there was not enough lockers for everyone in the dorms. My bed sheet was also covered in dirty footprint marks when I arrived and the particians were too short in the bathrooms so you could see each other as you showered and did the toilet.

We arrived to Cartagena a day before we expected because our flight was canceled. We send an email in order to keep our reservation, but when we arrived at the hostel the owner told us that he had read the email but that we lost our reservation for the other 3 days we were staying there and the money, because he would not notify the website in order to give us the money back. He also told us the price was twice the one that appeared in Hostelworld.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Argentina

my recommendations 1. no smoking-bad for environment 2. dismantle cameras in dorm rooms or put big signs 3. put a lock on the patio bathroom 4. put doors on the entry way bathroom/showers