Tree House Hostel

8.1
Fabulous 153 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
24th May 2017

nice little and budget hostel in historic center of cartagena, perfect location and great yard to meet people

14th Apr 2017
6.3

I have never left a bad review on hostel world but this hostel will be my first. I booked AND paid for the deposit for a room for two days here. When I arrived, the lady who was "running" the hostel would not get off the couch and simply told me that there are no rooms left. I asked her if I would be receiving my deposit back and she simply told me no and that she was irritated because the owner was not here & that the rooms on hostel world keep getting overbooked. That is absolutely ridiculous.

13th Apr 2017
3.7

Very poor staff & organizing. The hostel did not have our reservation when we arrived,we were not properly compensated for their mistake, & the HUGE inconvenience that late in the day. Once we arrived for our 2nd reserved night, the staff did not know how much we owned & insisted we pay much more. We went through the math numerous times & in the end they wanted it in our home currency which was a pain since we had Colombian pesos very available. There are MUCH better hostels for the same price.

4th Mar 2017
6.3

We reserved online about a month ahead of time only to be told they'd given our spot away by a group who wanted to over stay there booking. Cool... don't go here.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we constantly aligned our politics for be a better hostel

• Scotland, All Female Group, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
11th Feb 2017

Good hostel. Decent space in the middle to meet people, good showers and comfy beds. Breakfast wasn't great

• Spain, Female, 25-30
9th Feb 2017

nice medium size hostel, perfect to meet people in the backyard, its just tree steps to plaza la trinidad, the neiborhood its inside the historic area, you can walk to all the best places in cartagena, alfonso is a nice person, they dont speak a lot of english but he make the effort to explain all the thinks about the hostel and cartagena

7th Feb 2017
6.9

Pretty average overall. The best thing about this place were the newer bathrooms which were kept very clean. But the common areas were too cramped for my tastes and when people smoked it permeated everywhere. The included "breakfast" is 2 slices of white bread and a small piece if fruit, nothing really. AC in our room was broken and only came on full blast which left us shivering or had to be turned off. Verdict: I hung out in a few other local hostels which had better amenities for the same $$

• Chile, Female, 25-30
1st Feb 2017
4.3

Personal grosero y con mala disposición y huele muy mal la habitación, no es muy limpio el lugar

15th Jan 2017

The pictures were a little deceiving. There's a rule that the common area needs to be empty and silent by midnight, which I did not like since Cartagena boasts its nightlife. All in all it was a nice stay but a little more expensive than I had thought being on a backpackers budget. If money is tight, there are definitely cheaper options in the area.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
13th Jan 2017
8.0

Overall a very good although basic hostel. It's small but has a decent courtyard that makes for a relatively social environment. The wifi is pretty average and so is the kitchen. The staff are friendly however whilst I was there none spoke English, although I was told one of the other staff members that wasn't there at the time did speak English. I had trouble explaining some discrepancies in the charges however they were courteous and helpful.