Treestyle Hostel Reviews

32 Wesselenyi street, 1st floor, Budapest, Hungary

The hostel was great, the location is perfect, it's in the middle of the ruin pub area and you can find everything you need in walking distance. Staff was always friendly and helpful. The kitchen was quite big, equipped with everything: fridges, stoves, oven, pots, plates, cutlery... They also have 2 guest computers and good wifi! I got more than I expected for this amount of money, would stay here again.

• 28th Aug 2015

The staff was very unwelcoming and hard to socialize with. Although the hostel was very clean and new, there was no real atmosphere. The hostel felt more like a hotel for families with many many rules, which i found strange since its location is right in the middle of the party scene in Budapest. All in all we were pretty disappointed by the coldness of the staff and emptiness of this hostel :\

My first time in Hungary, but for the price it was very good. It's near the center, cool pubs nearby, staff is friendly and helpful, I forgot my smart phone on the bed and someone hurried down the street to give it to me. Kitchen is well equipped, room and bed was ok. I recommend it!

• 25th Aug 2015

Nice interior and facilities. Location is square in the centre around many pubs, which comes with some noise at night but nothing I couldn't handle. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and above all: amazing staff members who were really friendly and always helpful. The only downside was that the hostel seemed fairly unoccupied. More roommates and people in the common spaces would've been nice to socialize with, but anyone I met was nice, and there is something to say for privacy. Would stay again

• 20th Aug 2015

Girl on the desk is really helpful

The only bad thing is that there is a restaurant/pub in the same building. Which make it difficult to sleep. It is noisy til 0400-0500 in the morning. The locations is great! All sights are within walking distance

Everything was perfect and everyone from the staff was really attentive.

• 14th Aug 2015

great location. decent rooms. nice staff but zero atmosphere! it felt like a ghost house. you hear people but never see them. it was a shame as on paper this hostel had all the things going for it

Rooms were clean, toilets were clean, showers were pretty gross

We rented the 'deluxe' 10 bedroom apartment. It was so hot we couldn't sleep. We had no choice but to keep the windows open for some air and the noise from the street was horrendous, 24/7. I knew we had booked a hostel in the party district, but an option to have the windows closed would have helped! I think we would have died of suffocation with them shut! The staff did nothing to help, said all the fans had been stolen and offered no apology/help. Kitchen disgusting. Room average at best.

• 10th Aug 2015

Overall, we had a good time at Treestyle. It's in a good location, within walking distance to the river and most major sites. Staff members were generally very helpful, and we had no major complaints. However, we stayed at the hostel during a heat wave and there were not enough fans for each room, making it very difficult to sleep at night. The street the hostel is on is also quite loud. I would still recommend the hostel, while noting that some guests may have trouble sleeping.

It was too hot and noisy to sleep. And it wasn't clean.

Plenty shops and restaurants/bars around hostel area. 15 min walk to river or train stations. 6 bed dorm with lockers available in the room. Bathroom and shower were shared with several other rooms. If busy use the ones on the other floors. Hostel was clean. Guest kitchen had plenty facilities. Staff were fine. Decently recommend booking the caving tour which can be done at the hostel reception.

20 minute from Keleti train station and a 15 minute walk to the centre of pest (another 10 to Buda), which is good considering Budapest is a large city. Close to Szimpla which is worth a visit! Good wifi and cooking facilities... but strangely our window smashed due to heavy winds which we were not blamed by the staff for however their clean up attempt was not very thorough. With our help they swept up the glass but they didn't wipe the floor so we stood on bits for the next two days. Not ok.

My stay at the hostel was perfect, I liked that fact that there are seperate toilets and showers for women. The room was also very spacious and clean. Also, the location is just so perfect if you are looking to explore the ruin pubs of Budapest!

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Austria

The staff are really nice but the facilities weren't that great! Had a dorm on a busy road so was super loud and popular at night time! Bathrooms were super small also! Kitchen was great however. Location great part of Budapest but again very loud!

Kitchen was great. Beds were great. Really good location, would stay again for longer.

All of your basic amenities.. Wifi was a bit spotty at times, but that's to be expected. One staff member (day time manager) was extremely helpful and resourceful, but the guy working at night sucks! If you want to book anything, or need tips and info, definitely wait until the morning to ask for help. They organize some pub crawls and events through other hostels, but (at least while we were there) there was little to no atmosphere. Decent stay for the price.

First i have too tell you that the cute Girl on the picture is real she works there and her smile made my day 😊 the hostel is nice and there is a big kitchen so you can make your own food. The wifi is good but a little slow but yeah its free 😜 the showers are a little smal but you cant have it all😏 go here you will like it 👍🏻

Could have really used a fan in the room since it was extremely hot. Everything else adequate enough for the low price.

• 18th Jul 2015