Trek Global Reviews

9 O'Reily Ave, Wellington, New Zealand

You can hear people from other rooms but this hostel is very clean. The staff is also very nice and helpful.

We stayed here for four nights and had a horrible experience. Our room was full of long term stayers who were extremely rude and smelly. Three of the four nights, the residence of the hostel partied on a set of steps outside our dorm window until after 5am (on one night 7am). Would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 24th Jul 2014

The good - staff; location. The bad - a live-in hostel for long termers. No good if you are a casual traveller looking to get to sleep before 11.30pm. The live in's showed little to no respect for cleanliness or noise in communal areas.

Staff were absolutely lovely, they went out of their way to help us. I liked the separate kitchen areas. Floor in kitchen needed cleaning but there was a big group of people in our area and possibly they had made the mess. Would stay again.

good budget hostel. nice staffs, clean room. but there are lots of long stay ppl.

Convenient central location. Staff were very helpful in terms of giving directions and booking tours. Parking is expensive, and traffic to and from the hostel can be very bad; allow extra time to drive places if there's any construction, or during the day. Other hostel residence were very noisy until after midnight. Bathrooms were fairly clean but second floor kitchen was not great (main floor was better). Amount of bathrooms per floor was sufficient. Overall I probably would stay there again.

The bathrooms had a terrible smell. The floor of the kitchen had so much food scraps. I did not enjoy my stay at this hostel.

• 4th Jun 2014

Seemed like there are a lot long term recidents which means they have taken over the room and common areas -> not so clean

Lovely people and staff. just very cold in rooms and only one dryer working. Very nice hostel overall but a bit pricey and not many bathrooms on my floor.

That was a good value deal. I had fun And thats why Im going back there. I only wish there were more lockers available.

Good place But beds not super comfy and fridges not cold enough Also they could clean up the mess after Saturday night. Empty bottles and cups were everywhere

We were on the ground floor which was a bit noisy with doors banging all the time as people came and went. Despite that we were comfortable and well looked after by the staff. Facilities were clean and the common areas - fuseball, pool table, air hockey and tv lounge - were great.

• 27th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

I wish I could give this a lower rating, solely due to the fact that this isn't as much of a hostel as it is a college dormitory. No one seems to really care about anything. Further, no alcohol is allowed to be consumed after 11pm (what if I just want to casually have a beer? I'm I'm not disturbing anyone?). Staff are friendly and helpful. Kitchens are small, a bit dirty. Again, just a very college atmosphere.

the beds are noisy, the room smelled like feet, the kitchen was very dirty

I like this hostel, but I did not like to share a room with people who lives there. They have their stuff everywhere. But the hostel was nice, I loved the chill room with TV and couches. And the staff helped me when I had questions. I will recommend this will recommend this hostel if you are looking for a cheep and simple hostel with great location.

Really great hostel and good value.

Big hostel in a big city. I prefer smaller places and find the atmosphere tends to suffer the larger the place gets. Location is excellent and it was a good base to explore the city from.

We enjoyed our stay at Trek Global. The staff was very, very helpful and friendly! The room and bathrooms were clean and the hostel is close to the city center. Would definitely stay there again.

• 28th Mar 2014

The staff was really friendly and helpful. The room was awful, but not because of the Hostel. It was because of the people staying in the room. A total mess with clothes, food etc. and it smelled really bad. We were glad, that we could leave the next day.

Best hostel i ever been...super clean,very friendly and well organized...staff friendly and helpul,internet cheap and work well...and they do weekly rates...i loved it!!