Trek Global Reviews

9 O'Reily Ave, Wellington, New Zealand

The location was excellent as it was right in the centre and a short walk to te papa. It was very clean and the staff on the desk were friendly. The only thing letting it down was the atmosphere as there were a lot of long term guests who were loud, drunk and smoking (wacky backy). We would recommend people to stay here if you can put up with the loud noise as such a good location.

Not one of the better hostels in NZ. Good location and friendly staff. But the hostel was not clean at all, the showers were disgusting. And very noisy, not helped by the fact that the hostel backs onto some flats and they were banging music out

Mostly longtermers there, so it is more laid back.

Small rooms that get very hot at night. Everyone very friendly within the hostel. A kitchen on every floor so never feels over crowded. Would recommend this place

Very nice staff, good location

There was a strong smell of rotting garbage on the second floor. The whole place was filthy and the rooms are too close to the common area.

Okey hostel, good rooms and kitchen, nice and clean.

I think the staff need to keep a closer watch over the people staying here. The floor we were on was very dirty, due to people not cleaning up after themselves (beer bottles left everywhere, half eaten bowls of food in the kitchen in the morning etc) The bathrooms should be cleaned more frequently as well thank you :-)

Very noisy with people and doors banging the beds rattled like there where about to collapse the room was filthy when I check in and stayed that way through my stay also there wasn't anough bathrooms

Both the dorm we stayed in and the 4-bunkbed room we slept in were dirty as hell and bathrooms pretty disgusting as well. Barely no windows to open so the air in the room was really poor. Not a nice kitchen, messy and to small. Only good thing about the hostel is the staff, they were great!

The staff were super nice, friendly, and helpful, but the pros end there. Our room was dirty, smelly, and had the worst roommates! We did our best to be quiet and considerate while they slept, but they had no problem having very loud conversations and flipping the light on and off all night. A large group of guys drank, yelled, and blasted music until about 2am which sucked considering we had a super early flight the next day. All seemed to be long term staying, so BEWARE!

Goos hostel!

Great working hostel, staff lovely, free tea and coffee.. Security best I've ever seen.. Multiple kitchens so never any issue cooking. Super duper clean! Only downside is bedrooms only hoovered once a week.. Gets messy with work boots etc! Thanks guys!

I was quite disappointed with the hostel, never seen such a labyrinth with stratified sections, multiple doors, separate kitchens and everything. Medium-big sized hostels already have troubles to have a good atmosphere, in this case architecture almost kills it at once. The common areas and bathroowere always very dirty and the walls in the rooms looked like cardboards. You could hear everything coming from the kitchen, corridors and next door neighbors. I wouldnt come back.

My only complaints are the lack of unlimited free wifi, the noise by other guests (it's a really big hostel with a lot of common rooms that border the dorms), and the slightly sub-par cleanliness due to it being such a big place. Great security and location though.

Great atmosphere, nice facilities and great location (just in the middle of the town center with all the services around). The staff is really cool and helpful.

Some gross guests really ruined this place - beer spilled all over the kitchen in the morning and spew in the hallway

I got a surprise upgrade from female dorm to single room, so I can say it was an awesome room :-) staff very friendly. As it's a big 24hr hostel the atmosphere and hygiene are a bit less than smaller places, but everything else goood!

Not recommendable! Very tiny and dark rooms, too less space in kitchen. When I was there about twenty teenage guests where lingering in front of the entrance door, some of them obviously drunken. One had to jump over empty beer and wine bottles to get in. The hostel staff tolerated that...

I'm not fussy where I sleep and never write bad reviews,but this place is a dump,I used to live in a squat that was in better condition than this.Its dirty,it stinks and the facilities are all broken,dirty or just inadequate,locks dont work and the pillows are as thin as an unfolded newspaper.Staff are more than happy to repremand you for sipping a beer quietly in the lobby (ok there are warnings about that bit)but do nothing to calm the night-long noise in the hallways. Cheap,but not value.

• 17th Nov 2014