Trek Global Reviews

9 O'Reily Ave, Wellington, New Zealand

I'm not fussy where I sleep and never write bad reviews,but this place is a dump,I used to live in a squat that was in better condition than this.Its dirty,it stinks and the facilities are all broken,dirty or just inadequate,locks dont work and the pillows are as thin as an unfolded newspaper.Staff are more than happy to repremand you for sipping a beer quietly in the lobby (ok there are warnings about that bit)but do nothing to calm the night-long noise in the hallways. Cheap,but not value.

• 17th Nov 2014

Nice hostel. Clean and tidy. Great location - 10 mins walk from ferry-terminal or central railway station. Friendly stuff. Arrived at approx 1 a.m. and had no problem with check-in coz called in advance.

Nice hostel. Good atmosphere, though other guests were there for extended stays, giving the atmosphere an almost moved in feeling (docking cleanliness in the room a bit). But people were still quite welcoming and upbeat! Staff were friendly enough with guests but seemed to generally dislike working here, though that may have just been when I happened to be there. I would've like to have free wifi, since it is a key to travel, but I would stay there again if need be.

The staff were super helpful and nice, location was greeeat - even appreciated the wee hill up the driveway that gave my legs a little work out. The other guests were a little loud but I had an easy, relaxed stay, thanks!

Overall the hostel is a quite good one compared to some I've stayed in but I think there house keeping is not up to much. I was appalled by them saying because I wanted to changed beds to a bottom bunk when a person checked out that I had to make my own bed. I am paying for a service whilst staying here so I expect my bed to me made for me as part of the service I'm paying for. Other than this, the stay has been good.

• 23rd Oct 2014

We might have caught it on a particularly bad weekend, but the noise levels and ruckus was insane... the worst we had in five hostels on our trip. The day started with someone on our floor blasting 'Smack My B**ch Up' by Prodigy at NINE AM, and ended with drunk people literally screaming, slamming doors, and pounding on everyone else's door (including ours) at who knows what hour. Beds are the worst we'd had in five hostels too. Not enough bathrooms, had to wait for 45 minutes to pee.

1 2 Next » last »