Trek Global Reviews

9 O'Reily Ave, Wellington, New Zealand

Hostel was great but it was very lively all night so couldn't get much sleep

dirty, uncomfortabel, expensive hostel! small rooms full of beds without any space to move, obviously just to make as much money as possible! totally overpriced carpark (ridiculous 20$ per night)! giant bins in the kitchen create the atmosphere of a dumping ground. mostly unfriendly guests (workers who stay there for months). the lockers were a joke as well (2 for 4 people and easy to open). this hostel clearly is about money, not about the comfort of the customers! NEVER AGAIN!

Staff very helpful and friendly. Internet is a little expensive (though it is cheaper than the library) but there is a Skynett lounge down the road, about a 3 minute walk from the hostel

• 9th Nov 2013

Facilities in the kitchen are too few. The kind of big hostel you stay one night and move on

Good stay, clean beds. Lots of long stay people makes it like a college dorm atmosphere, if that's what you are looking for. Parking is expensive but expected in city centre location. Wifi crazy expensive

Disgusting kitchen and room, Unfriendly and unwelcoming atmospher, Room next to the elevator so motor noise everytime it was used (night and day...), Most expensive internet of NZ (15$ for 24h!) Would never recommand it!

I booked a room with 4 people and I ended up sleeping in a room with 6 people. By the way my bunk mate was really annoying, he was snoring the whole night. Nightmare! But it's not your fault!

• 16th Sep 2013
  • Japan

everyone was so nice! i'll be back for sure

greta place to stay, nice and tidy the staff were helpful and the kitchen had all you needed! Only problem was i had to wait about an hour or so for a shower, not a big deal i just need to shower from time to time! thanks

• 24th Aug 2013

Lovely hostel, great location, free tea and coffee, the cleanest toilets I've ever seen in a hostel, if I had to nit pick I'd say that some of the rooms are a tad crampt, but that's just looking for something to complain about, wonderful place :)

• 21st Jul 2013
  • Wales

Hello! Thank you so much for your feedback, we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Kind regards, Trek Global Management.

This was a really great place to stay, with brilliant location and helpful staff. The facilities are good. Only downside is that the wifi is really expensive - but there are places in Wellington that you can get free wifi instead like we did.

It's not the hostel itself, but the live-ins that made my experience here less than great. I was there for 3 nights in a 4-person room- and 2 of my roommates where actually living there. It seems like a lot of the people staying there were international student workers. My roommates constantly left the door open when I wasn't there (there are no in-room lockers for your things!!) and the people on my floor partied late every night, very noisy. The kitchen area was filthy.

• 25th Jun 2013

The sound-proofing of the room is not good and the kitchen is very closed to the room. I stayed in this hostel for two nights, the people always had gathering at the kitchen, they talked, got drunk and yelling during the night time even mid-night. The noise made us can't sleep well. The room is quite clean but the toilets and kitchen is not clean.

• 14th Jun 2013
  • Hong Kong

Led by Erin and her team, we very much enjoyed our stay at Trek Global. The place was very accommodating, friendly and the service from check out to check in was immaculate..! Very much recommended. Thanks guys!

• 14th Jun 2013
  • New Zealand
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Courtney is amazing and Diane the Manager does an amazing Job. The other receptionist is awesome to. Clean rooms and a great atmosphere!! Very central and very happy to stay

The hostel is located at a really nice spot. However, the kitchen and bathroommfacilities are durty. Though the staff seems to be nice they have no chance of keeping the place clean. kitchen was so ugly that I couldn't think about cooking there and when I wanted to drink a tea I wasn't even able to find a cup for it (in 3 different kitchens!) Besides that I was in a room with only long stay guests. They didn't even react to my friendly "Hello". hostel extern people were partying in my room!

I stayed here for 6 months. Loads of hostels have an antiseptic feel with people you know for 5 seconds but this one is full of people who stay for a long time and love you like your mates from home. The only annoying thing is that there is not enough toilets for everyone on each floor, so expect to move a bit between areas within the busy hours. However, the toilets are being renovated so by the time you come here-everything will be fixed and we can all brush our teeth when we want to :)

• 28th May 2013
  • New Zealand

This is the worst hostel I have stayed at during my 4 months in New Zealand. It was not being cleaned properly, bathrooms and showers were constantly occupied and dirty, the kitchen near my room was always filled with empty beer bottles and dirty dishes and there are a lot of long term guests who occupied the common areas with noisy parties. I didn't get too much sleep during my week there. I believe this could be a much better place to stay if only staff would set up some rules.

Located just off the Main Street of Wellington this busy backpackers is a nice place to stay when in town. Everything is within walking distance and it is easy to reach via bus from the airport. They have several kitchens all over the hostel and the staff is generally friendly.

I liked the hostel quite a lot, but it worried me about how our (stayed with another person) constantly left the door open/unlocked. Looking back on it, we should've said something at the front desk, but still. There is a community of live-ins and this is obvious. It was still fun though.