Trek Global Reviews

9 O'Reily Ave, Wellington, New Zealand

I'm sure the staff did the best they could, but no consequences for those that don't clean up after themselves in the kitchen/bathroom there fore it is gross. Dealt with two staff one was awesome the other one was useless. Maybe staff should be educated on the area in which they are working?

• 27th Jan 2016

This hostel is very well situated and has a great system in place for our security (locked doors, lockers, magnetic cards), but everything was pretty much disgusting. The showers, the kitchens were dirty. Tons of dishes in the sink and food everywhere. The showers were cleaned at 8:15 am and 8pm which was clearly not enough. The beds were very confortable and clean but the rooms (floors) were also dirty.

It may just be that, at 36, I'm too old for this kind of thing, but to be challenged (however politely) three times in four days as to whether ii was actually a guest in a hostel inescapably soured me on the place. Waking up to find someone else cleaning my private room at midnight wasn't very endearing either. It seems like a nice enough place, but as I say, I think I'm a bit old for quite this kind of accommodation.

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

This is a really great hostel. Staff are really friendly and helpful. Location is great, right in the centre of town. Kitchens are always kept clean and there is plenty of space as hostel is separated into different areas with a kitchen for each area. Nice chill out are in the lounge too and in the reception area. A tip for girls - def stay in the retreat if you can as it has it's own little roof terrace and is great if you're looking for a bit of peace and quiet.

Good well run large hostel. This is the second time I have stayed here in the last 2 years. Only complaint would be my mattress was a little thin and I could feel the bars though it.

this was our first time in a hostel with a mixed dorm & we both enjoyed ourselves :) the fire alarm went off one morning whilst we we're showering & we didn't kno what to do, we rushed downstairs and were told it was a false alarm & it happens all the time... I think this needs to be sorted as you won't kno if it's false or real...

• 17th Jan 2016

Für das W-LAN wollte das Hostel 4 Dollar am Tag. Sorry da geh ich lieber auf die Straße für free wifi.

Very average place, fairly clean and feels like an institution.

Hostel is in city and about 10 minutes from the main bars. Staff were helpful via email but messed up our car park booking, managed to locate us a different spot but it wasn't ideal and we had to move the next day to a different spot. Rooms were basic and fairly clean, you don't get a lot for your money but Wellington will be more expensive and the draw to this hostel was the car parking. Out of the city you might get much better for less money.

Too loud at night .. couldnt sleep

• 9th Jan 2016

Good,central location, clean with nice, big common areas as well as separate common areas for the different wings. Lots of long-term guests, probably good if you come on a working visa.

The hostel is designed to pack in as many people as possible, so expect to find dozens of people everywhere anytime, specially for high seasons I guess. Thus, noise is abundant at anytime (even after midnight) and sleeping can be a problem. The facilities are well maintained and cleaned daily. The staff was nice and some of them willing to help. Location is great, just at the middle of important attractions.

Compared to a backpackers lodge we stayed the night before in taupo this was pretty low grade for the cost.. We paid $74 a night for a room with a shower & toilet, the party area was away from the sleeping area which people partying wasn't a problem, in Wellington they partied in the kitchen area as well as outside right below the rooms.. The amount of noise was abit extreme especially for those traveling the next day? Cleanliness in the shared kitchen was poor..

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Trek Global is the cleanest hostel I have been so far. There is always staff cleaning up the place.

• 14th Dec 2015

Küche zu klein,Atmosphäre nicht gut!

The hostel is in a weird location and was rather hard to spot. It was quite loud as well, I only slept because I brought earplugs and a face mask. We stayed in a four bed dorm and it was tiny, the beds were thin and the walls thinner. There was a group below our window who were very loud well into the night. The showers are a joke, there's literally no hooks to hang anything from, no soap, and no divider between the floor and the shower, so water gets EVERYWHERE, including along the toilet.

I got a change of room after complaining and the new room was good. The staff cleans the rooms and kitchen very often and yes, it is definitely necessary! The bed mattress is old and so the middle part is thin. I could sleep in it. You can reach everything really easily, because it's located in the city center.

Loud (due to the fan), dirty and the whole Hostel feels like staying in a prison

Nice place in the middle of the town with great facilities and staff

Nice location. Fair prices and pretty clean. Staff were all good when approached with questions. Kitchen is kinda small and you need to pay for wifi is the only downsides.