Trekker Camp Reviews

20 Paprow Road, Padaad, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

This hostel really is incredibly far out. It took me 30 mins to walk to the touristic hell-hole night bazaar and another 20 from there to the city centre. Also the staff never seem to be there when you need them. Nothing was properly explained or made clear to me at all and I couldn't ask any questions. The nearest place to even buy water is 10 mins walk and this is definitely not the place for a lone traveller to make friends either! Also the fans in the rooms are very ineffective.

Very affordable hostel so don't expect more than the basics. Location is quite far away from most of the CM attractions but not too much of a bother if you're willing to catch a songtiao out. Biggest gripe is that we had a hole in our bathroom ceiling so our room was perpetually filled with mozzies. Buy mozzie coils if you're going!

Top-notch hostel, for only 100 Baht a night you really get more for your money! Although the owners, actually a family, seem a bit disorganized sometimes, it's much better than it looks like. The rooms are basic, have hot showers, fans and most importantly lockers to put in your valuables. And even without them it would be already a very safe place! Of course it's a bit off the city centre, but when renting a bicycle or motorbike (which the hostel offer) it's really no problem. Excellent!

though it is a bit far from center,it is really nice !you can have a try!

staff is pretty friendly and helpful. location isn't the best though but it's good value for your money.

Lovely friendly staff

The stay at Trekker Camp was great! The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. I was always greeted by name and felt very much at home. The hostel is a little bit out of the old city which makes it a very peaceful place to relax and a quieter place to sleep. The taxi drivers often do not know where the hostel is, but if you tell them "Park Hotel" they'll drop you off a five minute walk away. My stay was excellent, and would totally stay there again! : )

• 6th Feb 2014

So far from anywhere that even the tuk tuk drivers don't know where it is. I had booked a private room but when I arrived on time was told I had to go into a shared room which was full of Mosquitos ! Next day I was moved to a private where the bathroom had no light and smelled so bad it made me gag. Staff were the only good thing about this place. Obviously it was set up as accommodation for a nearby trekking company that should be made clear on the website.

This was a good place. The staff is friendly and helpful, the place itself very clean and neat. There is breakfast for free every morning - which consists of fried eggs, butter, jam and toast as well as some tea -which is really good.

• 30th Jan 2014