Trekker Camp Reviews

20 Paprow Road, Padaad, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

I did the dorm style, hostel living accommodation. The place seems cool, and the manager is EXCEPTIONALLY KIND, but it simply didn't make up for the cons. The wifi does not work, the location is too far from the city center and all the fun things, tuk tuks and taxis don't know how to get there, the beds are HARD, cockroaches in the bathroom, the dorms don't lock, my shoes and towel got stolen, and one of the workers tried to cheat us out of our money when we tried to check out. Not worth it.

This hostel really is incredibly far out. It took me 30 mins to walk to the touristic hell-hole night bazaar and another 20 from there to the city centre. Also the staff never seem to be there when you need them. Nothing was properly explained or made clear to me at all and I couldn't ask any questions. The nearest place to even buy water is 10 mins walk and this is definitely not the place for a lone traveller to make friends either! Also the fans in the rooms are very ineffective.

Very affordable hostel so don't expect more than the basics. Location is quite far away from most of the CM attractions but not too much of a bother if you're willing to catch a songtiao out. Biggest gripe is that we had a hole in our bathroom ceiling so our room was perpetually filled with mozzies. Buy mozzie coils if you're going!