Trekker Camp Reviews

20 Paprow Road, Padaad, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

This hostel really is incredibly far out. It took me 30 mins to walk to the touristic hell-hole night bazaar and another 20 from there to the city centre. Also the staff never seem to be there when you need them. Nothing was properly explained or made clear to me at all and I couldn't ask any questions. The nearest place to even buy water is 10 mins walk and this is definitely not the place for a lone traveller to make friends either! Also the fans in the rooms are very ineffective.

Very affordable hostel so don't expect more than the basics. Location is quite far away from most of the CM attractions but not too much of a bother if you're willing to catch a songtiao out. Biggest gripe is that we had a hole in our bathroom ceiling so our room was perpetually filled with mozzies. Buy mozzie coils if you're going!

Top-notch hostel, for only 100 Baht a night you really get more for your money! Although the owners, actually a family, seem a bit disorganized sometimes, it's much better than it looks like. The rooms are basic, have hot showers, fans and most importantly lockers to put in your valuables. And even without them it would be already a very safe place! Of course it's a bit off the city centre, but when renting a bicycle or motorbike (which the hostel offer) it's really no problem. Excellent!

though it is a bit far from center,it is really nice !you can have a try!

staff is pretty friendly and helpful. location isn't the best though but it's good value for your money.

Lovely friendly staff

The stay at Trekker Camp was great! The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. I was always greeted by name and felt very much at home. The hostel is a little bit out of the old city which makes it a very peaceful place to relax and a quieter place to sleep. The taxi drivers often do not know where the hostel is, but if you tell them "Park Hotel" they'll drop you off a five minute walk away. My stay was excellent, and would totally stay there again! : )

• 6th Feb 2014

So far from anywhere that even the tuk tuk drivers don't know where it is. I had booked a private room but when I arrived on time was told I had to go into a shared room which was full of Mosquitos ! Next day I was moved to a private where the bathroom had no light and smelled so bad it made me gag. Staff were the only good thing about this place. Obviously it was set up as accommodation for a nearby trekking company that should be made clear on the website.

This was a good place. The staff is friendly and helpful, the place itself very clean and neat. There is breakfast for free every morning - which consists of fried eggs, butter, jam and toast as well as some tea -which is really good.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Moldova

All was great, but most taxis had no idea where it was. Made it hard to get back after a long day. Maybe more advertising?

There are no lockers and they don't give you the room's key, so it's very easy for someone to get inside and steal. Other than that, excellent value for money and very nice staff, although they didn't speak english very well

Very nice lady at the hostel and they supply great tours!

We stayed 2 nights at Trekker and was a really nice experience. It´s really close if u come from the airport, but it´s a little too far from City Centre (they have bikes for free anyway so you can travel easily around). The staff was amazing, and the breakfast was really good. The value for money (3 o 4 dollars) is ok; the place is really quite and clean. REAL thai hospitality.

though it's a little bit far from the city, you can get much more than you expect! Free breakfast, which include an egg. Free bicycle for use...

No in room security deposit boxes. They have some small lockers upstairs in the back, but none of the staff seem to know where it is. Only one person had any idea what I was talking about when I tried to retrieve my passport during checkout. Very affordable and good value for your money, but very far out of the way. About a 20 minute walk to the night market. We relocated to a hostel in old Chiang Mai to be more central. Only problem was that the family living there was very loud. Way too early.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Good place - free breakfast! We borrowed bikes from the hostel for no charge. The staff was quite friendly. Rooms are basic but have what travelers need. The only thing was that it was a bit far from the city center, where all the action is. It is no problem biking in but without bikes, you have to take a tuk tuk or jeep thingie - -

Nice and helpful staff. Location far from town. But we was able to get a SongTheaw for 30B each from Arcade bus station, TukTuk to Arcade costed 100B. Cute cat. Free breakfast, contents of breakfast depends on room type. We stayed in the cheapest big dorm and breakfast was coffee plus 2 pieces of bread with butter and jam. We saw other travellers have eggs. But for this price we're already surprised to have breakfast. So we're very happy about it. Recommended!

Nice quiet place to stay and the staff were great.

The staff just could not do enough for you! They were so helpful and welcoming. The rooms were clean and we were provided with a free breakfast each morning. Fantastic value for money! Best gaff in Chiangmai

• 4th Aug 2013

Trekker Camp is about a 45min walk from the Night Bazaar and the main square of Chiang Rai. Most tuk tuks and songteaws don't know where it is. The best price I got was 80 for a tuk tuk and 50 for a songteaw.

« first « Prev 1 2 3