Trekkers Home Reviews

Thamel, J.P Road, Kathmandu, Nepal

Stayed at Trekkers' Home in March and can say that the staff are amazing. They provide a variety of services including booking trips which I recommend taking advantage of. The accommodation although average is very cheap and perfect for budget travelers. Everyone that I traveled with enjoyed staying here and would stay here again if they traveled back to Nepal. would Definately back again

• 8th Dec 2014

The shower water was with strong rusty smell and the whole room was very humid.

I chose Trekkers Home based on the positive reviews left on the site. reception staff very friendly and helpful. Dip (manager) is very professional and honest in all the dealings I had with him. I booked a 4-day trekking with guide, a half day rafting session and a 1-day visit to Kathmandu. This is a backpackers place so some rooms may need a coat of paint but overall the rooms are nice and clean. No need to get into a hardcore bargaining session with Dip he always gave me the best price.

• 11th Oct 2014

Dip from the travel desk is a great guy, loves his job and because of his experience in the mountains he has a great network of people. We've booked our trekking with this desk and paragliding. The last part was cancelled because of monsoon and we got all the money back. Even in dollars because we were leaving Nepal and didn't want to exchange the money. Room was nice and clean, big bathroom and staff friendly and helpful. Middle of touristic Katmandu, close to good restaurants.

• 6th Oct 2014

Very Hard Bed, and I know this is Nepal. Almost no Water in the Sink and under the shower. Heavy smell of cooked food from the restaurant next to the hostel.

The beds were a little hard and the shower was a little primitive but everything else was awesome.

the staff was so helpful and accommodating, the location was exactly what we needed, the price was very reasonable, and we booked a trek/Chitwan/Pokhara stay through the owner who gave us further excellent prices and advice so we had nothing to worry or think about for the remainder of our trip. I got fantastic henna at the attached spa, and the restaurant in the building is also very reasonable and some of the best food we had while we were there, with good drinks too. Stay here.

I had an amazing experience at Trekkers Home. The staff was amazing and did everything in their power to ensure I had an enjoyable and unforgettable experience. Not only did they make me feel welcomed, but they made me feel at home. Led by the manager, Dip, Trekkers Home's staff helps every guest with the needs they seek in and out of Kathmandu. I can't recommend this place stronger, and I know I will be back to Trekkers Home in the future. Ryan, USA

Superb staff, really friendly and helpful. Overall great stay.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. It was rather noisy during our stay due to construction next door, but that was no fault of Trekkers Home. Good value for money. I'd stay here again!

• 31st Jul 2014

The hostel was very helpful in helping us to plan our trek and other activities whilst we were in Nepal. They were also incredibly helpful in ensuring that we had taxis to and from the airport. The staff were lovely and very polite and the rooms were comfortable.

• 27th Jul 2014

Staff are not honest. They offer a pick up service from the airport for 7USD when the going rate is probably 4-5 USD. Our flight was delayed and they gave our room away, forcing us to use a "superior apartment" (they claimed) 6 stories up that did not have running water, much less hot water, or flushing toilets. The door could not lock. Other hostels provided free water coolers and much better showers, as well as free breakfast, for the same price. Do yourself a favour- Please do not go here.

This hostel is truly a family run enterprise, and it feels like it... the brothers make you feel like a brother, too. The hostel is great, the staff is incredible, and the willingness of these guys to make your stay enjoyable and to work through any problems is fantastic. A great place from which to enjoy KTM and to plan your treks. Stay here!