Trekkers Home Reviews

Thamel, J.P Road, Kathmandu, Nepal

The staff was very very helpful as people generally are in Nepal. Obviously it´s not a luxury hotel but the room we had was clean, with all the necessary facilities and I really can´t complain, also the food at the restaurant is amazing!! That was before the earthquake though :( but I understand they are still open and receiving guests.

I hate to leave a bad review but I also want to prepare anyone who plans on staying here. I have stayed all over Nepal: from teahouses to Nagarkot to Pokhara and beyond and of all the places, this was the most expensive and the most dirty. I got an ensuite room with two beds. The room was dark, dingy and wet...wet as in the air was just moist. The paint was peeling off the walls. Not a little but all over. The worst was the bathroom which was filled with black mold. Stay elsewhere. Sorry.

I was staying at this hotel during the horrible earthquake that just occurred and even though every single member of the staff lost their own homes they were at work doing everything they could to help all of the scared travelers. I have never seen such kindness and selflessness. Even before the quake I was raving about the helpfulness of staff, but after that experience I am just amazed.