Trekkers Home Reviews

Thamel, J.P Road, Kathmandu, Nepal

The room was very good. The only problem was that the water flowing into the sink and out of the shower were very yellow and smelled rusty, like iron, which gave me the impression that it was unclean. Also, I'm not sure if the restaurant Spice Garden, in the hostel, is related to the hostel or not, but all the staff there charged 50 rupees for a bottle of water, except one shady guy who tried to charge 60 rupees. I'm sure he was planning on pocketing the extra 10 rupees. Very dishonest.

Lights seem to go off at different times, I know its not really at the discretion of the hotel when they go off but it would be useful if they could tell use when they were going off. Staff are friendly and accommodating. Food is nice but there is a wait for it in the restaurant

The most helpful and friendly host that we met in Nepal. Raz is always very helpful and tries his best to offer the best service. Toally recommended.! Perfect location. Great breakfast next door by the way. Even though the whole country has power supply issue but there's always WiFi at the hotel even when the power is off. How amazing! The tour that Raz organized was great and we really enjoy our time in Nepal. Better yet, Raz can customize any tour for all type of needs.

Outrageous was really the politeness and readiness for service. Very charming staff! we enjoyed the hot showers and being very central in Thamel, which is a very good location to start to almost every sight in Kathmandu, was very useful. The rooms were clean and everthing one needed was in there. Very practcial as well is the trekking office which is part of the hostel. So very recommendable place to stay!

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Austria

We stayed here twice at both the beginning and end of our trip. The manager Deep is a very nice and helpful man; he went above and beyond in securing our Mount Everest flight tickets and was honest and fair in his price quotes. The second time we stayed at this hotel our original price was honoured. The hotel is right in the heart of Thamel, close to many restaurants, shops, tour offices, etc. Despite the action during the day, the street is quiet at night. The beds were also very comfy :)

This is right in the middle of the action of Thamel. The manager Deep was very warm and inviting. Him and his staff took care of me and my boys.

• 5th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This hostel was fantastic. My friends and I arrived with no plans and within two hours we had a two week trek planned through the Himalayas. Dip the manager was incredibly helpful and planned everything for us. Highly highly highly recommend this hostel.

• 3rd Mar 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel because it's a very good value for the area (very close to every point of interest, bus station, airport). The staff is also very helpful and there is a restaurant in the building. There is also a post office, a travel agency and a cybercafe. Electricity is not available all the time, as everywhere in Kathmandu. Hot water is available almost all the time, as well as the wifi connection.