Trekkers Home Reviews

Thamel, J.P Road, Kathmandu, Nepal

I had an amazing experience at Trekkers Home. The staff was amazing and did everything in their power to ensure I had an enjoyable and unforgettable experience. Not only did they make me feel welcomed, but they made me feel at home. Led by the manager, Dip, Trekkers Home's staff helps every guest with the needs they seek in and out of Kathmandu. I can't recommend this place stronger, and I know I will be back to Trekkers Home in the future. Ryan, USA

Superb staff, really friendly and helpful. Overall great stay.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. It was rather noisy during our stay due to construction next door, but that was no fault of Trekkers Home. Good value for money. I'd stay here again!

• 31st Jul 2014

The hostel was very helpful in helping us to plan our trek and other activities whilst we were in Nepal. They were also incredibly helpful in ensuring that we had taxis to and from the airport. The staff were lovely and very polite and the rooms were comfortable.

• 27th Jul 2014

Staff are not honest. They offer a pick up service from the airport for 7USD when the going rate is probably 4-5 USD. Our flight was delayed and they gave our room away, forcing us to use a "superior apartment" (they claimed) 6 stories up that did not have running water, much less hot water, or flushing toilets. The door could not lock. Other hostels provided free water coolers and much better showers, as well as free breakfast, for the same price. Do yourself a favour- Please do not go here.

This hostel is truly a family run enterprise, and it feels like it... the brothers make you feel like a brother, too. The hostel is great, the staff is incredible, and the willingness of these guys to make your stay enjoyable and to work through any problems is fantastic. A great place from which to enjoy KTM and to plan your treks. Stay here!

This hostel is basic but well priced and the staff are very helpful, not to mention its good location and excellent facilities in the lobby; an I telnet cafe, cd/DVD burning, SiM cards, international phone, postage and massage parlour. Would definitely stay there again.

The room was very good. The only problem was that the water flowing into the sink and out of the shower were very yellow and smelled rusty, like iron, which gave me the impression that it was unclean. Also, I'm not sure if the restaurant Spice Garden, in the hostel, is related to the hostel or not, but all the staff there charged 50 rupees for a bottle of water, except one shady guy who tried to charge 60 rupees. I'm sure he was planning on pocketing the extra 10 rupees. Very dishonest.

Lights seem to go off at different times, I know its not really at the discretion of the hotel when they go off but it would be useful if they could tell use when they were going off. Staff are friendly and accommodating. Food is nice but there is a wait for it in the restaurant

Good value for money hotel in Thamel. Pretty basic, rooms are not flash, but they are clean and we had a balcony. Can get room service from the restaurant downstairs which is nice. Location is excellent.

The most helpful and friendly host that we met in Nepal. Raz is always very helpful and tries his best to offer the best service. Toally recommended.! Perfect location. Great breakfast next door by the way. Even though the whole country has power supply issue but there's always WiFi at the hotel even when the power is off. How amazing! The tour that Raz organized was great and we really enjoy our time in Nepal. Better yet, Raz can customize any tour for all type of needs.

Outrageous was really the politeness and readiness for service. Very charming staff! we enjoyed the hot showers and being very central in Thamel, which is a very good location to start to almost every sight in Kathmandu, was very useful. The rooms were clean and everthing one needed was in there. Very practcial as well is the trekking office which is part of the hostel. So very recommendable place to stay!

• 24th Mar 2014