Trianon Reviews

J.W. Brouwersstraat 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Only stayed one night. Little bit of mold in the shower but otherwise got the job done. Cute part of the city. Very close to bus that goes directly to airport.

I've been booking via hostelworld lots of years meaning that I've stayed at a number of hostels to date. I can assure you that Trianon hostel is the worst one that I experienced so far despite its high room prices. Only good thing about Trianon is the location. The room was so dirty even when we first checked in. The bathroom was also terrible with its yellow-ish bathtub. 5 nights of our stayings were all disasters thanks to the endless noises from other rooms and dirtiness around us.

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

It's in a great location, right next to the Van Gogh museum. There is also a supermarket across the street and a metro station near by. My only complaints would be they have no lockers, and the bag room didn't seem so secure. The pillow also smelled bad, but these things don't really bother me that much as I have a small bag I keep important things in and take everywhere.

crowded dorm rooms. 9 beds in a 8 bed dorm. bathroom getting filthy very quickly though was cleaned every morning. general hygiene was lacking in building however. staff were rude especially around breakfast with staff rushing up to guests while they are getting food to check they paid for breakfast. also i paid for breakfast at 9.45 (breakfast finishing at 10) and the staff, who i just paid 5€ to, took all food away before i had finished my slice of toast so not exactly a "buffet"

Hi, thank you for everything. But just one small thing, we had mouse in our room. Don't worry because of us, just another customers may have some problem with that.:)))

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

Hostel was one of the only ones we could find for a decent price last minute, so we were not expecting very much. The beds were very comfy, bathroom was slightly unclean but nothing we couldn't handle. It did get a bit hot in the room, but luckily we were on the 4th floor and could open the door onto the balcony in the night which made it a much more comfortable temperature. There is no kitchen or communal area which is annoying. Cheap supermarket nearby. Great location above everything though.

Great location and good rooms but it had no kitchen which was a it of a shock for the 'hostel' title.

• 20th Aug 2015

No plugs in the bedroom to recharge phone or camera. No private light for a bed on top.

• 20th Aug 2015

The worst experience I ever had. The room was dirty and smelled bad. There were 3 mouses in our room!!!! And it seems it was normal for the hostel manager. I will never come back.

The guy working during the night shift from Morocco was quite nice and helpful

Very lovely staff and great location

It was okay, nothing special close to a great supermarket and easy to get to after a night out

Good but got messed about with changing rooms and v expensive, plus no kitchen to cook - more of a hotel. Breakfast and safe good, and location.

Try to take cleaner the room and prepare visitors to a room small and simple

Clean, comfortable hostel in a fantastic location - easy to find and get to and from. Reasonable price for perfectly fine hostel.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Wales

Not very polite employes.

There were no lockers, the staff was rude and non-flexible. Far away from the city center, but luckily there was good public transport to the center. No kitchen to backpackers. I would choose another hostel next time.

Bathroom wasn't clean when we came in, but everything else was great.

nice place to stay in Amsterdam. The location is great since you are right next to the van gogh museum and you can walk to everything else or just hop on the tram. The hostel even provided us with a clean towel everyday.

Tranion was great for me, much quiter at night than other more central hostels but it is easy to access city centre by foot. They offer a very helpful city map, close to the park and Rijksmuseum. Some great food in the park, burgers for 5 euros, morning waffles for 2. Rooms were cleaned daily, one of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in, including bathroom, great water pressure, overall a good experience and would recommend