Trianon Reviews

J.W. Brouwersstraat 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Such a really bad place to be!

• 14th Oct 2015

The price was higher than mentioned on the website. I don't like that!

• 8th Oct 2015

after we checked in and the manager assigned us a room, entered our room and moved our belongings WITHOUT our authorization staying that he needed the room. He bagged our stuff and when we came back from exploring the downtown we found out that our belongings were stored in a store room. we explained to the person who was in charged that this was unacceptable This place encourage smoking and all the rooms smell very bad

Stayed there with my girlfriend for 4 days. Hotels location is nice for those who want to visit museums and its also close to leidseplein. You can also walk to rembrandtplein. Except our rooms "hospital room" atmosphere, anti-smoker approach, stinky old bathroom, and the worker guy's weird "get out!" shout in the morning, neverending rattlings coming from upstairs and around our room, it was somehow managable. We rented double bed, but had to bring two single beds together.

Only stayed one night. Little bit of mold in the shower but otherwise got the job done. Cute part of the city. Very close to bus that goes directly to airport.

I've been booking via hostelworld lots of years meaning that I've stayed at a number of hostels to date. I can assure you that Trianon hostel is the worst one that I experienced so far despite its high room prices. Only good thing about Trianon is the location. The room was so dirty even when we first checked in. The bathroom was also terrible with its yellow-ish bathtub. 5 nights of our stayings were all disasters thanks to the endless noises from other rooms and dirtiness around us.

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

It's in a great location, right next to the Van Gogh museum. There is also a supermarket across the street and a metro station near by. My only complaints would be they have no lockers, and the bag room didn't seem so secure. The pillow also smelled bad, but these things don't really bother me that much as I have a small bag I keep important things in and take everywhere.

crowded dorm rooms. 9 beds in a 8 bed dorm. bathroom getting filthy very quickly though was cleaned every morning. general hygiene was lacking in building however. staff were rude especially around breakfast with staff rushing up to guests while they are getting food to check they paid for breakfast. also i paid for breakfast at 9.45 (breakfast finishing at 10) and the staff, who i just paid 5€ to, took all food away before i had finished my slice of toast so not exactly a "buffet"

Hi, thank you for everything. But just one small thing, we had mouse in our room. Don't worry because of us, just another customers may have some problem with that.:)))

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

Hostel was one of the only ones we could find for a decent price last minute, so we were not expecting very much. The beds were very comfy, bathroom was slightly unclean but nothing we couldn't handle. It did get a bit hot in the room, but luckily we were on the 4th floor and could open the door onto the balcony in the night which made it a much more comfortable temperature. There is no kitchen or communal area which is annoying. Cheap supermarket nearby. Great location above everything though.

Great location and good rooms but it had no kitchen which was a it of a shock for the 'hostel' title.

• 20th Aug 2015

No plugs in the bedroom to recharge phone or camera. No private light for a bed on top.

• 20th Aug 2015

The worst experience I ever had. The room was dirty and smelled bad. There were 3 mouses in our room!!!! And it seems it was normal for the hostel manager. I will never come back.