Trianon Reviews

J.W. Brouwersstraat 3, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The cleaning conditions of the hostel is very poor or bad at all and they don't have a place to talk with your friends like a lobby and they don't have a kitchen what is very important because if you need to heat or cook something, as Amsterdam is so expensive they don't have anything like that, for me the worst part was the cleaning aspect, and also what I didn't like it is that in a room of 6 people very small the bathroom is inside!

• 15th Jul 2014

Hotel staff not very helpful and the door to our room opened up to the same balcony as a couple others which creeped us out, but amazing location and quiet at night so I would definitley reccomend staying here if you're willing to stick out a hot night without opening the windows.

• 11th Jul 2014

We chose Trianon because it was the cheapest available option left, so I guess we did not expect much. Pros: decent location, about a 25 minute walk from city center, 20 minute walk from Rembrant Square, towel and linens provided. Cons: luggage room was usually not locked, sort of sketchy to leave belongings there. Staff in no way helped you with the the city. Even if you asked questions, they would answer curtly and reluctantly. Overall, definitely not worth the money, but not the worst place.

• 11th Jul 2014

Awesome location. We were told there was free breakfast at the restaurant downstairs but the man in the restaurant only let one room of my friends have the breakfast and denied the rest of us because we had different room numbers....so we were pretty upset about that. Otherwise, the place was nice. The room was not ventilated very well though so it got warm very easily. But all in all I would stay there agin.

The room was dirty. The only lockers available were too small for a laptop. They presented no alternative and I had to sleep with my laptop. Wi-fi was not available in my room. I found a bug in my bed the first night. I complained and was told if I found other bugs I would be given another room. The next day I woke up with dozens of bedbug bites. Yes, bedbugs. I was given another room and only compensation for one night (25€). That was not even enough to pay for the treatment I had to have.

Good place to stay for the money and the location!! Although it is a 15 bike ride from central station, it is right by the museums and Vondel Park. Staff was ok. Website said free breakfast, but we got charged €5 each the second day!

The person that was on the reception July 1st in the afternoon it's so impolite. I tried to get some tram information, he was furious that I could not understand him. Therefore is bad my qualifications. The rest of the staff excellent

The hotel is clean and the location is excellent. It is convenient to have a tram station and a large supermarket nearby. Although the room is a bit too small, it is still recommendable

Worst bathroom ever. Mouldy curtains, dodgy lift. Way over priced and currently under construction so I hope you like being woken up at 7am by drills.

• 21st Jun 2014

The stay was perfect! We arrived and we didnt have our room... So they were so kind and gave us another one on time. Tje staff is very kind! The receptionist Sam is amazing! We loved...close to everything and tram,to everywhere! All great about there! The only thing is elevator too small... I almost didnt fit with my luggage...lol

Internet only worked at the reception, so whenever we had to use wifi, we had to go to the reception. Our room was really small, we almost didn't have enough space to open the luggage on the floor and the bathroom was really dirty and smelly. The fact that they don't have any living spaces also does not help. Would not stay there again...

Clean and convenient room. The location is great. But it is still VERY expensive for what it is.

• 29th May 2014

Nice hostel, a bit far from the city but overall a nice place to stay.

Worth the money. Comfortable and close to transit. Friendly and helpful staff.

• 15th Apr 2014

Great hostel near the Van Gogh Museum. The breakfast was very abundant.

First let me start from something and only thing positive about this hostel. The location was nice. Exactly opposite to Vangogh museum. Good connectivity. Now about the room except the bed nothing was good. The flush in the toilet didn't work well, the shower was broken (though was changed next day after we complained), and the big the was the room was highly suffocating as we could not open the window AT ALL.