Tribu Hostel Reviews

Av. Pedro Joaquin Coldwell, Holbox Island, Mexico

We booked there for 6 nights..arriving 15th December. . Within 2 nights we wanted to book until after Christmas day due to the friendly owners and staff.. but because it was high season we couldn't. . We ended up booking next door with the staff's help.. We won't be making that mistake again !!!! Book in advance :-) Great bar on the premises, wifi great for users, our room (private double) was cleaned every day and was spotless. . The staff were fantastic and always helpful

• 15th Dec 2014

Very good hostel with welcoming people! The kitchen is just perfect to cook anything you want. I recommend it deeply

Incredible building- like a colourful treehouse for adults! Every detail has been thought out.

• 12th Dec 2014

Far and above, one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Comfortable, congenial atmosphere, 20 seconds from the beach, a minute or so from the main square (nothing is very far on Holbox). Always something going on, but very easy to find a quiet space as well. Highly recommended.

Unfortunally I could only stay one night. Super nice stuff and super sympathic ambiente :)

Overall good hostel but I wish they swept the dorms daily or at least left a broom since there was a lot of sand on the floor. Could also use more fans in the dorm rooms. Also it is important to tell people that the kitchen has hours, especially for those leaving before 7am - I had to leave my food behind because the kitchen was closed.

Tribu Hostel is more a family than a hostel. Right next to the beach, activities every day, chilling areas, good facilities... All this plus the amazing staff/volunteers will make it tough to leave the place. Definitevely coming back! See you soon guys!

Very good hostel with great staff and a really nice vibe. I like many others stated longer than originally planned!

Great, modern, super clean hostel. But the Mosquitos are a killer with no indoor communal area to chill out in.

The security wasn't as tight as some hostels we've been to, but we had no problems. I think the staff should wear a little paper badge or a pin, because it was hard to tell who worked there and who was just hanging out. The island is amazing, but the bugs are voracious. I think it would be a good idea to screen in the upper or lower porch area, it would be a relief to hang out and not use bug spray for a part of the day. Even if the fans worked up top deck would help. Nice kitchen great staff.

One of the best/nicest Hostels I have ever been to. Thx a lot to the staff.

• 1st Nov 2014

An awesome hostel with a lot of love and colors... But what make this hostel an amazing place, is the staff and the plenty activities that are organized every single day to make our experience even better. Super recommended!!

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Serbia

Maybe i expected too much, but i didnt enjoy tribu. The "helpers" who were there for renovations were very closed off and didn't make anyone feel welcome. The bar was closed the entire time (without any compensation), the wifi is only in the common area so everyone is always online. There is no atmosphere which is sad because it has the makings of a fantastic hostel experience for travellers. I heard ida y vuelta is a better hostel, however i ended up leaving tribu to stay with a local friend x

1 2 Next » last »