Tribu Hostel Reviews

Av. Pedro Joaquin Coldwell, Holbox Island, Mexico

At first, they had messed up our reservation for a 6 bed dorm and told us we had to stay in a 10 bed dorm, which was a minor inconvenience. The owner felt so bad about it, she found us in the hostel bar that night, bought us drinks and upgraded us to a private room for our second night for the same price. There are awesome activities every night, a great community atmosphere, and it's 2 seconds from the beach. If you like hanging out with cool people and having drinks, you will like it here!

Great little hostel, only pity is that they don't include breakfast!!

• 1st Jul 2014

Incredible! Best hostel hands down we've stayed at! Best vibe, good beds, helpful nice staff and good events on every night! Me and my friend stayed in the suite there was really amazing!!!!! Highly recommend this place! Will definately be coming back! Thank you for having us tribu xx

Tribu is a wonderful place.Can I say more that I returned here again eventhough I live like 10000 kms away. It's like you move in to a colorful magic-castle for a while where you dont need shoes, you cook some food, all day just relaxing and chilling in the hammocks (I wish I had as good afternoon sleeps back at home as I had there in the hammocks!!) or on the beach, or on the roof terrace. Whale shark trips and the planton shining at night are again, sooo unique. The bar is excellent too!

Loved Tribu hostel. Perfect location. Helpful and friendly staff. Holbox Island is beautiful. Whale sharks are a must see.

The ventilator was reeeeally loud (for a pussy like me) :) We really enjoyed our stay and will come back

• 21st Jun 2014

Une des plus belles auberges de la région selon moi !

Auberge très bien aménagée avec notamment des hamacs. Endroit idéal pour se reposer et être au calme puisqu'à 23h plus personne ne peut rester dans les pièces communes. Cependant, le personnel n'est pas des plus sympathique, mais tout de même entièrement disponible pour vous aider.

very good hostel - nice peoples, a very friendly staff. The hostel is really very good with a nice design.

Hostel Tribu was great - relaxed and beautiful, with a great view of the sunsets from the rooftop!

• 25th Apr 2014

Tribu est un très bon hostel pour visiter holbox, très propre (top 3 de toutes les auberges que j'ai faite) très décoré, ambiance hyper conviviale et relaxante. le seul hic, c'est que les plus belles plages ne sont pas en face de l'hôtel (c'est quand même une petite île) cuisine ou on peut se faire à manger, bar, location vélo...Tout y est pour se sentir bien et décompresser ! Par contre attention, les distributeurs de billets sont rarement en fonction donc prenez vos précautions avant de venir

Excelent hostel, excellent atmosphere, the staff is really charming, the salsa lessons are an extra point, you can meet people in there ...

Ab. solutamente recomendado !!! Excelente hostal !!! Buenas fiestas

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Really a great placr to stay, the staff are awesome, the place, the rooms, close to the beach. I higly recommend the place. Excelelente lugar, el ambiente, el staff, el lugar, todo perfecto!!!

It was my second stay in Holbox at Tribu and there is a reason why I keep coming! Tribu is one of the best hostel I've stayed at in all my travels. It has a great vibe, super chill, close to the beach. These people understand travelers and they have basically created the perfect hostel for them. Their bar is fun and they always have something different every night. It attracts ppl from all over the island so great place to see new faces! Already looking forward for my next stay...

One of my favourite hostels, great kitchen, hammocks, big size comfortable mattresses, plenty of space & personal lockers in the dorms. Very close to the beach & town centre, friendly staff - it has it all,..... and more...

Supergeiles Hostel, waren 9 Tage da. Das Beste in dem wir (34,28 m/w) in Mexico waren.

We loved our stay at Tribu - everything was new, clean, felt safe, and it had a chill and nice athmosphere. The place is quite big actually with lots of people but very relaxed. Unfortunately a bit noisy during evenings from the bar - and also in the morning since our room was just beside the kitchen (opens at 7) There where both families w children and young people there and we loved the mix. Great location, near everything, and on this sweet, calm and lovely island. We warmly recommend this pl

Ein sehr tolles Hostel! Alles ist liebevoll gestaltet. Dorms mit eigenem Balkon und Bad, kleine Locker für Wertsachen. Saubere,große Küche (nur Öl,Salz etc. fehlen), Gemeinschaftsbereich

One of the best hostel I ever stayed in

View all Holbox Island Hostels