Tribu Hostel Reviews

Av. Pedro Joaquin Coldwell, Holbox Island, Mexico

this hostel is truly one of the best, i stayed in a private room with my boyfriend and it was lovely. Isla Holbox is one of the most beautiful places on earth, and the hostel will set up a swimming with whale sharks tour for you which was amazing. The staff are super friendly and accommodating and there's always a different and awesome activity going on in the upstairs bar that kept the place interesting. it was also well worth the price. LOVED IT, can't recommend enough!

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed at (and I'm a frequent traveler). First of all, the atmosphere is just awesome - great people and brilliant staff. They have their own bar located at the hostel with descent prices and fun activities, the kitchen area is clean and have all necessary cookware. The suite was better than many hotels. Some of our stuff got stolen on the beach one nigh (not Tribu's fault) and the staff was so helpful throughout the process with the police and everything!

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

One of the best hostels of all time!! Amazing staff, location and facilities!!

Great hostel, great kichen, and chill out area. Staff were so helpfulll but found rooms very hot.

This place cannot be faulted! Extended my stay I loved it that much. And the STAFF ARE SO SO SO AMAZING! Got very ill and as a solo travellor from home isn't the best experience. But the staff made the experience so much more barable, they checked on me all the time, called the doctor, stayed with me and made sure I was never alone! I CANT RECCOMMEND THIS PLACE ENOUGH!! Whatever you do, STAY HERE YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED!

• 16th Jul 2014

At first, they had messed up our reservation for a 6 bed dorm and told us we had to stay in a 10 bed dorm, which was a minor inconvenience. The owner felt so bad about it, she found us in the hostel bar that night, bought us drinks and upgraded us to a private room for our second night for the same price. There are awesome activities every night, a great community atmosphere, and it's 2 seconds from the beach. If you like hanging out with cool people and having drinks, you will like it here!

Great little hostel, only pity is that they don't include breakfast!!

• 1st Jul 2014

Incredible! Best hostel hands down we've stayed at! Best vibe, good beds, helpful nice staff and good events on every night! Me and my friend stayed in the suite there was really amazing!!!!! Highly recommend this place! Will definately be coming back! Thank you for having us tribu xx

Great Hostel, great team, perfect place to stay !!

• 28th Jun 2014

Tribu is a wonderful place.Can I say more that I returned here again eventhough I live like 10000 kms away. It's like you move in to a colorful magic-castle for a while where you dont need shoes, you cook some food, all day just relaxing and chilling in the hammocks (I wish I had as good afternoon sleeps back at home as I had there in the hammocks!!) or on the beach, or on the roof terrace. Whale shark trips and the planton shining at night are again, sooo unique. The bar is excellent too!

Loved Tribu hostel. Perfect location. Helpful and friendly staff. Holbox Island is beautiful. Whale sharks are a must see.

The ventilator was reeeeally loud (for a pussy like me) :) We really enjoyed our stay and will come back

• 21st Jun 2014

Une des plus belles auberges de la région selon moi !

Auberge très bien aménagée avec notamment des hamacs. Endroit idéal pour se reposer et être au calme puisqu'à 23h plus personne ne peut rester dans les pièces communes. Cependant, le personnel n'est pas des plus sympathique, mais tout de même entièrement disponible pour vous aider.

very good hostel - nice peoples, a very friendly staff. The hostel is really very good with a nice design.

Hostel Tribu was great - relaxed and beautiful, with a great view of the sunsets from the rooftop!

• 25th Apr 2014

Tribu est un très bon hostel pour visiter holbox, très propre (top 3 de toutes les auberges que j'ai faite) très décoré, ambiance hyper conviviale et relaxante. le seul hic, c'est que les plus belles plages ne sont pas en face de l'hôtel (c'est quand même une petite île) cuisine ou on peut se faire à manger, bar, location vélo...Tout y est pour se sentir bien et décompresser ! Par contre attention, les distributeurs de billets sont rarement en fonction donc prenez vos précautions avant de venir

Excelent hostel, excellent atmosphere, the staff is really charming, the salsa lessons are an extra point, you can meet people in there ...

Ab. solutamente recomendado !!! Excelente hostal !!! Buenas fiestas

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Really a great placr to stay, the staff are awesome, the place, the rooms, close to the beach. I higly recommend the place. Excelelente lugar, el ambiente, el staff, el lugar, todo perfecto!!!

View all Holbox Island Hostels