Trindade Sea and Forest Hostel Reviews

Rua das Flores s/n, Trindade, Brazil

This Hostel was our favourite hostel we visited in our whole 3 months travelling of the Americas. The staff were amazing, so friendly and helpful and tranquil. The sort of people you wanted to be your friends! The Hostel rooms and buildings were absolutely beautiful, amazing little cabins up in the trees like swiss chalets. The beds were comfortable and were tall bunk beds so you could comfortably sit on the bottom bunk without hitting your head. The yoga lessons up in the trees- indescribable.

• 16th Mar 2014

Our stay in this hostel was really nice, I thought the location of the hostel is great, it the middle of the forest, you have to walk a few blocks to the beach but is not that far and is a nice walk! Osmar, the owner, is such a lovely person, he´s so interesting, we enjoyed a lot hearing his wonderful adventures. I´m so happy with my stay there, really... the only tiny thing I could ¨complain¨ about, is that the bed shits we´re a bit smelly, just a small but important detail ;)

One of the best hostels I've been to in a long time! The owner and the rest of the staff are great. The area is perfect. Definitely will be coming back to the hostel and Trindade. Literally paradise.

Sea and Forest is the most amazing place to stay, I have never felt so at home in a place so far away from everything I know. There are lots of beautiful walks and beaches and people. Os, the owner was very kind and helpful and puts on a good breakfast too. I booked 2 nights and stayed 5 and did amazing yoga with Shivram, which everyone should try. And now I am going back for the rest of my holiday, thank you very much Os and Shivram, see you again soon! Jakksy

• 8th Mar 2014

Owner was not honest,charged us more than agreed in the booking, done almost 5 months in advance. He came up with an excuse that it was carnival and the prices were not updated when we booked. NOT OUR PROBLEM,SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOLVED BETWEEN HOSTEL WORLD AND PROPERTY. We felt disrespected and frustrated, and our carnival was ruined,as we brought the right amount of money and town has no atm. I have nothing good to say about the hostel. Dirty,awful breakfast(shouldn't even be called breakfast)

• 28th Feb 2014

Awesome! One of best hostels I stayed. Staff is really helpful and the atmosphere is amazing. For sure I recommend Sea and Forest Yoga class was the top point!

The hostel is a little bit away from the beach, but it definitely has its own "foresty" appeal. The rooms are cozy and each set of 8 or so beds is in a cabin with its own bathroom (which is kept quite clean) and a deck/patio to hang out or hang clothes. Staff are very friendly and speak many languages. Highly recommend this hostel if you're looking for a more laid-back, relaxed vibe (they have yoga every day). If you're looking to party, Che Lagarto on the main road is probably a better choice.

Well where do I begin, By far the most incredible hostel I have ever stayed at!!! The most beautiful people are working at the hostel, who make you feel like one big family. Osmar the hostel owner is just fantastic. If you want to stay somewhere where you just want pure relaxation, to meet great people and to be in the middle of a forest waking up to the sound of hummingbirds then this is the perfect hostel for you! We had an unforgettable experience here! Love Emilia and scott

Really lovely staff! Cozy hostel. Relatively close to everything. Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment though, after reading the reviews, it was toast and jam, bananas and oranges, no fresh bread, cheese or ham. In our 6-bed dorm only 2 lockers worked at the moment when we stayed, which was not optimal. But all in all a nice place. And again, all staff was very helpful and nice.

It's worth to walk a little more to the beach and staying in Sea and Forest, instead of staying in the many impersonalized ugly hostels in town, closer to the beach. Osmar and Sivaram will welcome you as old friends. Was great to live a couple of days middle of the rainforest.

We had a great stay here. The yoga in the jungle is a must! Really chilled out, lovely people. Didn't want to leave here and would certainly stay again.

One of the best hostels i've ever been. Everything is great there, specially the staff. I really recommend it.

The hostel had the most amazing location, it felt like more of a retreat than a hostel. It was set back in the jungle but with easy walking distance to the town and beaches

This is a very beautiful hostel, in an amazing setting. A perfect place to find rest and peace from city life.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • South Africa

A brilliant hostel. Very clean, great tranquil ocation and awesome owners. I highly recommend staying at Sea and Forest, it is one of the best hostels we have stayed at after two months in Brazil.

Booked 2 nights and stayed for 10! Sea and Forest hostel is probably the best hostel we've stayed in. Beautiful cabins kept immaculately clean nestling in the forest above Trindade. The staff were brilliant, and so was the cake each morning. Would go back in a flash.

The staff was great! The owner gave good advice on where to go and also when to go, in order to avoid large crowds like at the natural pool, which can get crowded at certain hours of the day. The atmosphere at the hostel was unique and very original to any other hostel at Trindade. If you are going to visit Trindade, stay at the Sea and Forest.

Beautiful little cabin in the rainforest with excellent homemade cake everyday at breakfast! Yoga lessons in the forest were great and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. A really romantic setting, but be prepared to encounter backpackers at breakfast who haven't been to bed yet and are still drinking beer!! I would recommend this hostel to anyone...

• 16th Feb 2013

Most of it is very good. The staff is very friendly, the atmosphere was really cool between us backpackers. Though, it could have air conditioner and be a little cheaper. It is not the best location but everything is so close that this is not an issue.

This is a really lovely hostel in the rainforest, with beautiful location amongst nature and peace. The dorms are nice cabins, with the only screen windows I've seen in Brazil, which means can keep the windows open at night and hear the sounds of the forest. The owners are lovely people and the place attracts a nice crowd. If you want a loud and crazy party hostel, this isn't for you - but if you want to chill and chat with nice people with smiles and a warm welcome look no further.

• 13th Feb 2013