Trindade Yoga Sea and Forest Hostel Reviews

Rua das Flores s/n, Trindade, Brazil

Sea and forest hostel is less a hostel and more of a retreat. As soon as we arrived and shown to our log cabin we knew we'd like it. The surroundings are great and the fact there's no wifi allows you to really switch off. The real draw is the yoga classes, taken on a beautiful platform with breathtaking views of the jungle. Usman and Pete were really helpful; Pete not only took the yoga classes but helped plan our American road trip, what a hero. We can't recommend staying here highly enough.

Thanks for the great comments, and for seeing the value in disconnecting.

Just a beautiful place to stay, thank you so much.

Thanks for your comments and we look forward to your return. We hope the toucan didn't disrupt your sivasana!

Very silent, tranquil oasis surrounded by beautifull atlantic rainforest. It is only steps away from the beaches and the restaurants and bars of Trindade and the bus to Parati, but feels world away. You feel the peace immeditely you enter their grounds, BTW reserved for guests only and very well taken care of. I had my best sleep there in months. Perfect place to recharge your batteries after stay in loud, hectic, dusty Rio. Can't wait to return.

Janis- It was a pleasure to have you and your friends here. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you in April.

This Hostel was our favourite hostel we visited in our whole 3 months travelling of the Americas. The staff were amazing, so friendly and helpful and tranquil. The sort of people you wanted to be your friends! The Hostel rooms and buildings were absolutely beautiful, amazing little cabins up in the trees like swiss chalets. The beds were comfortable and were tall bunk beds so you could comfortably sit on the bottom bunk without hitting your head. The yoga lessons up in the trees- indescribable.

• 16th Mar 2014

Our stay in this hostel was really nice, I thought the location of the hostel is great, it the middle of the forest, you have to walk a few blocks to the beach but is not that far and is a nice walk! Osmar, the owner, is such a lovely person, he´s so interesting, we enjoyed a lot hearing his wonderful adventures. I´m so happy with my stay there, really... the only tiny thing I could ¨complain¨ about, is that the bed shits we´re a bit smelly, just a small but important detail ;)

One of the best hostels I've been to in a long time! The owner and the rest of the staff are great. The area is perfect. Definitely will be coming back to the hostel and Trindade. Literally paradise.

Sea and Forest is the most amazing place to stay, I have never felt so at home in a place so far away from everything I know. There are lots of beautiful walks and beaches and people. Os, the owner was very kind and helpful and puts on a good breakfast too. I booked 2 nights and stayed 5 and did amazing yoga with Shivram, which everyone should try. And now I am going back for the rest of my holiday, thank you very much Os and Shivram, see you again soon! Jakksy

• 8th Mar 2014

Owner was not honest,charged us more than agreed in the booking, done almost 5 months in advance. He came up with an excuse that it was carnival and the prices were not updated when we booked. NOT OUR PROBLEM,SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOLVED BETWEEN HOSTEL WORLD AND PROPERTY. We felt disrespected and frustrated, and our carnival was ruined,as we brought the right amount of money and town has no atm. I have nothing good to say about the hostel. Dirty,awful breakfast(shouldn't even be called breakfast)

• 28th Feb 2014

Awesome! One of best hostels I stayed. Staff is really helpful and the atmosphere is amazing. For sure I recommend Sea and Forest Yoga class was the top point!

The hostel is a little bit away from the beach, but it definitely has its own "foresty" appeal. The rooms are cozy and each set of 8 or so beds is in a cabin with its own bathroom (which is kept quite clean) and a deck/patio to hang out or hang clothes. Staff are very friendly and speak many languages. Highly recommend this hostel if you're looking for a more laid-back, relaxed vibe (they have yoga every day). If you're looking to party, Che Lagarto on the main road is probably a better choice.

Well where do I begin, By far the most incredible hostel I have ever stayed at!!! The most beautiful people are working at the hostel, who make you feel like one big family. Osmar the hostel owner is just fantastic. If you want to stay somewhere where you just want pure relaxation, to meet great people and to be in the middle of a forest waking up to the sound of hummingbirds then this is the perfect hostel for you! We had an unforgettable experience here! Love Emilia and scott

Really lovely staff! Cozy hostel. Relatively close to everything. Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment though, after reading the reviews, it was toast and jam, bananas and oranges, no fresh bread, cheese or ham. In our 6-bed dorm only 2 lockers worked at the moment when we stayed, which was not optimal. But all in all a nice place. And again, all staff was very helpful and nice.

It's worth to walk a little more to the beach and staying in Sea and Forest, instead of staying in the many impersonalized ugly hostels in town, closer to the beach. Osmar and Sivaram will welcome you as old friends. Was great to live a couple of days middle of the rainforest.

We had a great stay here. The yoga in the jungle is a must! Really chilled out, lovely people. Didn't want to leave here and would certainly stay again.

One of the best hostels i've ever been. Everything is great there, specially the staff. I really recommend it.

The hostel had the most amazing location, it felt like more of a retreat than a hostel. It was set back in the jungle but with easy walking distance to the town and beaches

This is a very beautiful hostel, in an amazing setting. A perfect place to find rest and peace from city life.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • South Africa

A brilliant hostel. Very clean, great tranquil ocation and awesome owners. I highly recommend staying at Sea and Forest, it is one of the best hostels we have stayed at after two months in Brazil.

Booked 2 nights and stayed for 10! Sea and Forest hostel is probably the best hostel we've stayed in. Beautiful cabins kept immaculately clean nestling in the forest above Trindade. The staff were brilliant, and so was the cake each morning. Would go back in a flash.

The staff was great! The owner gave good advice on where to go and also when to go, in order to avoid large crowds like at the natural pool, which can get crowded at certain hours of the day. The atmosphere at the hostel was unique and very original to any other hostel at Trindade. If you are going to visit Trindade, stay at the Sea and Forest.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7