Trinity College Dublin Reviews

Accommodation Office, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland

Spent two nights in Goldsmith Hall, house 64, at Trinity College this August. The location is excellent and was the main reason we choose to book. However, at 75 euro a night I was expecting a bit more comfort. The bed was dubbed a queen size but felt small for two people. The noise from the street was very loud meaning we couldn't leave the window open overnight. If you stay here I would certainly recommend requesting a room looking over the courtyard.

• 20th Aug 2014

Staying at the 'Trinity College' made you feel right amoungst the atmosphere of Dublin's history & culture. Beautiful ground, very helpfustaff/students and excellent breakfast! We stayed in the newer buildings that were located at the far end of the university. Although they were secure, clean and had the basics you require, they lacked the atmosphere of the rest of the university and did not have wifi reception. Next time I would stay in the older buildings.

Enjoyed our stay very much..wonderful lively atmosphere..quiet at night. Our bedroom lacked a wall mirror and this we found inconvenient.

• 14th Aug 2014

Great place to stay, but it's easy to get lost on this campus. You can to walk through many halls and doors to get toy our accommodations. As far as cleanliness and comfort, this was the best hostel we stayed in in Dublin. The shower was clean, but hard to get it to work-very strange setup.

• 13th Aug 2014

No free wifi in accomodation was disappointing given the price for a small room with shared bathroom. Also check out 10.00 on a Sunday is too early.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

We stayed at the Goldsmith Hall, which is at the far end of the campus - some 10 min walk to city center. It is more like a hotel stay in a student environment, rather than hostel - including towels changed daily and free toiletries. Not much socializing - we haven't seen a person in 3 days from our block of 4 rooms. Continental breakfast is included (upgrade to Irish costs 4 euros), fully-equipped kitchen available as well.

Loved being able to say "I stayed at Trinity College". I think it's an amazing experience to stay there and love that they have this opportunity during the Summer.

• 12th Jul 2014

The old campus is charming, ancient trees on the greens, beautiful, and the Georgian architecture fine. The simple aesthetic of the older residence is quaint. HOWEVER should you have the misfortune to stay at Goldsmiths residence the cement block interiors and complex access are reminiscent of a jail rather than a scholarly cell. No phone, tv, wi fi and ugly cement block interior, all too rudimentary and isolating. Impossible to sleep as sea birds scream all night. Horribly tiny showers stalls.

• 8th Jul 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Trinity College. It was in the Heart of the tourist area of Dublin and It was very easy to get around and convenient to get back.

No wifi in room or really anywhere on the campus is not great. For the cost of the room wifi should be available in all campus rooms. We were at the very back of the campus. Road noise was so loud and it took 15 min walk just to get out of the campus compound. My stay was good but I wouldn't stay again.

Great place to stay as an alternative to a hostel or hotel. Close to Temple Bar and central Dublin, but far enough to avoid e noise and traffic. Historic college, lots to see on the grounds, nice breakfast and some pubs very close away from the tourist areas. Great helpfull staff!

A nice minibus ride from booking in right to the door.

• 19th Jun 2014

Needs Wifi outside the University Facilities

• 11th Jun 2014

I stayed in Goldsmith and there was no internet connection there - an improvement would be internet access for those staying in that area of campus so that we don't need to go to a public location to have a connection.

• 6th Jun 2014

Amazing central location, very safe and clean. Stayed in a single room and it was great! Check out at 10am might be too early for some but no problem for me. Henry St and Grafton St are very nearby and Temple Bar is literally down the street. Definitely recommend, loved my stay here.

• 24th May 2014