Trippers Carpe Diem
Here at our Carpe Diem seize the day - hostel we mainly focus on bringing you all together and connect with each other for highly memorable travel experiences!
Join us for Christmas for a big festive meal, great food, mulled wine and great company!
Recommended by Lonely Planet China (edition May 2011): 'This brand-new hostel run by a Chinese-Belgian family is highly recommended by travelers. In addition to stunning views of the rice fields and karst peaks, excellent staff and spotless rooms, the hostel has an MSG-free cafe with European highlights... It's out of town (1,5km north of Xijie) but close enough to walk to. Walk (or cycle) along the river (upstream) for 15 minutes to ShiBanQiao village.'
Enjoy our winter promotion: Book for 4 nights, stay a 5th night on us! (offer valid between 15/11/2013 - 31/3/2014, excl 9-15/2/2014)
Our Hostel Features & Services:
- Wide open terraces on 3 different levels with arguably the best communal balcony views of Yangshuo! Pool-table, lounge and electronic music, plenty of comfy seating areas and a bar nearby with a fridge full of cheap local beers and what might be a welcome change for the Chinese beers, a great selection of Belgian Beers with Duvel, Leffe, Hoegaarden, Stella, Chimay and Rochefort!
- Our bar provides comfy seating, with proper cooling and heating and large windows to enjoy the mountain views and valley views.
- Cheerful English speaking staff who enthusiastically contribute to our great hostel atmosphere!
- Our self-composed travel guide book will be your top source of information with all tours, sights and activities listed in and around Yangshuo, we provide our own detailed cycling maps and our reception and bar girls will add all additional information to it to suit your needs.
- We organize our own off-the-beaten-track activities such as kayaking trips on secluded parts of the Li-river, rock climbing and deep water soloing along Li-river cliffs, Longji Rice terrace tour, great off the beaten track cycling tours, scooter tours winding for miles into the hills, various bamboo-rafting tours (on both Li-river and Yulong river), tai chi on our rooftop terrace, Yangshuo local cooking classes, cave and Moon Hill hiking trips, light show and cormorant fishing tickets, etc
- A varied menu with countryside rates with an excellent chef, both in local & western food.
- DVD-room with flat-screen TV and integrated movies, books library, music, board games and cards, to keep you entertained non depending on weather conditions...
- Free internet and wifi-access in all areas, common and private.
- In-House bicycle and scooter rental. Flash-lights for nightly walks.
- Pick-up service from anywhere in Guilin or Yangshuo. Taxi service in and out of town.
- Yangshuo's best countryside rates with beds from 30-40Y!
- No curfew here, if you want to go party in town, our guard will let you in at anytime.
- Now we can also help you to arrange your visa for Vietnam. While staying in our hostel your visa will be sent to the embassy in Vietnam where you can pick it up either the next day or get it back in Yangshuo in 2 to 4 working days. We can also arrange a bus directly to Nanning where you can spend a night and will be picked up the next morning for the journey to Hanoi.
For flash-packers who favor a bit more luxury and comfort whilst enjoying a social hostel vibe, our Yangshuo Village Retreat next-doors (100m) might well be well what you are looking for with King sized beds, private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, rain showers, rooftop garden with jacuzzi, etc!
An oasis of relaxation and comfort, with lot's of information how to make the most out of your trip, and where a truly warm welcome awaits you!
The Carpe Diem Service Team.