Trippers Carpe Diem Reviews

Shi Ban Qiao village nr 35, Yangshuo, China

I would've enjoyed my stay at Trippers very much if I was alone or with a friend - but instead, I was with my mom who can't cycle. I loved that the hostel is located just outside of town - very quiet as opposed to staying at the rowdy West Street. But that also meant it would take a 20-min walk to get to town or to simply to get food. Later on I had to move nearer to town as my mom wasn't able to take the 40-min walk (to & fro town).

Nice location a short walk away from the busy town centre. Staff are very helpful and friendly and extremely knwoledgable about things to do in the area. Rooms need a keycard in the door for the air con to work so don't leave yours in if you go out as mine went missing but otherwise a great place to stay

My room was comfortable though too close to the lobby with the computers, which some patrons used at 2 am! This noise woke me up which was not a good thing. The bathroom in my room had a bad odour all the time. I would have prefered a room on the second floor with a view, the one on the first floor was rather dark.

• 8th Jul 2015

I highly recommend Trippers Carpe Diem! The staff are really friendly and they can arrange everything for you (kayaking, rock climbing, etc.) It is a bit outside the city (5min by tuk tuk), but they can arrange transport so it's only 5 kuai, so the distance is no problem. The food is also amazing!

The hostel's staff was always very helpful, especially with hiking, biking or rafting tours in the area

Great hostel only 20 mins walk from bustling town Staff very helpful writing directions in chinese Only negative was matress was very thin

I loved staying at Trippers Carpe Diem. It is located right outside (15 min walk along the river) Yangshuo town. The highlights of visiting Yangshuo are the beautiful rivers, karst peaks, farms, villages and wonderful Chinese people. What is not appealing is the tourist trap that Yangshuo is- pedestrian shopping streets, shopping streets, shopping... If you are more of a bar-hopper/partier I think staying in town would be more appealing. Everyone I met that worked at Trippers was helpful!

Located in the countryside and far away from the town, bus stop, and restaurants. In a quite area, if that is what you like, but may not be conveinient if staying for more than a couple days. However, the staff will book a taxi for you; 20 RMB to go into the city one way, 30 RMB to the bis station. The hostel offers Asian and western food and drinks. My friend and I rented bikes and bikes around the countryside and to Moon Hill (45 minute ride one way to Moon Hill). Staff was very helpful.

• 18th May 2015

The BEST! If you want to experience the real, quiet and beautiful Yangshuo area...this is the place to stay! Very few cars nearby, sounds of frogs in the evening, and a 15-minute walk from the main streets of Yangshuo. The western food is AMAZING. The staff were the most friendly and helpful of all the (many) hostels I've stayed in in China. Bikes are easy and cheap to rent for half- or full-days.

I had à gréât stay, everybody so Nice and helpful. very Nice place to stay just outsider yangshuo, Wotherspoon béatifie view on mountains surroundings , I was very happy in crosby garden.

• 6th May 2015

Very nice staff, very good food, good advice for visiting, good services provided (taxi...), great barbecue organization

Ok, it is cheap. You get what you pay for. Moldy rooms with some paint over the fungus at the walls. Shower in the room was flooding the whole place. The aircon did not manage to get the room dry... A bit far out of town but within walking distance. Very nice and helpful staff!

• 1st May 2015

A lovely place and made all the better by the helpful and friendly staff.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Trippers Carpe Diem was a perfect refuge for me when I arrived hot, exhausted, and seeking an escape from the crush of tourists in Yangshuo. I loved the atmosphere and the location - though you should be aware that it is at least a 15-minute walk along riverside paths from Yangshuo itself (beautiful during the day, not as fun at night). I also met great people! Staff were a little shy but very nice. I would have stayed here longer had I not had a reservation elsewhere.

Great relaxed feel, nice rooms, friendly staff and real Western breakfasts. Ask the staff to cook you what they eat if you want some more interesting (and spicy) Chinese food. A nice retreat. The kids loved the pool table.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Dispite all the new buildings I hope it will stay a peacefull place!!!

• 11th Apr 2015

I'm really glad I stayed at this hostel. The location is great and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. It's in a quiet village just outside of the sometimes tourist heavy bustle of Yangshuo which made for a really relaxing stay. The food is good too! Recommended.

We had a very pleasent stay in the carpe diem, very friendly staff, very quite location, good food, good atmosphere...we are coming again:))

• 4th Apr 2015

I liked the location and the staff where helpful and nice. the private room I had was not good. It was constantly damp/wet for three nights. My clothes and bedding felt wet constantly and the floor was always wet. they said it was because the new building behind stopped the sun and wind. The bathroom smelled revolting even though it was cleaned everyday. other people I spoke to did not have this problem I think I just got the bad room (103)

Very nice Hostel which is about 20 minutes walk away from the city. For the first arrival, they offer a free pickup service, which is very nice. The stuff is very friendly and can help you planning your activities (we did a bike ride and a hike)