Trippers Carpe Diem Reviews

Shi Ban Qiao village nr 35, Yangshuo, China

Love it here!!!

Very nice hostel to stay at in Yangshuo! The staff are amazing! They work often with long hours but they always have a smile on their face and are ready to help you at any point. The location is also awesome although subjective to what you like. Its outside of town by about a 20 minute walk but you do get a nice, quiet little village to chill out in which is really nice after travelling China! I highly recommend this hostel

Nice room, clean and spacious with very comfy bed and good shower. Staff friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was a bit boring, not much chat, but nice if you like a quiet place to relax. Generally good value for money. Our only complaint was the food which had no love put into it and was bland or had too much salt or oil and it was over priced so not good value. It's 20 mins walk into town too so not always convenient for alternative food options. Other than that we had a pleasant stay.

I would've enjoyed my stay at Trippers very much if I was alone or with a friend - but instead, I was with my mom who can't cycle. I loved that the hostel is located just outside of town - very quiet as opposed to staying at the rowdy West Street. But that also meant it would take a 20-min walk to get to town or to simply to get food. Later on I had to move nearer to town as my mom wasn't able to take the 40-min walk (to & fro town).

Nice location a short walk away from the busy town centre. Staff are very helpful and friendly and extremely knwoledgable about things to do in the area. Rooms need a keycard in the door for the air con to work so don't leave yours in if you go out as mine went missing but otherwise a great place to stay

My room was comfortable though too close to the lobby with the computers, which some patrons used at 2 am! This noise woke me up which was not a good thing. The bathroom in my room had a bad odour all the time. I would have prefered a room on the second floor with a view, the one on the first floor was rather dark.

• 8th Jul 2015

A bit far from the center, it's located outside the city, but the scenery is really nice and it is well located as a starting point for bike tours. Bikes were available for free and the tour descriptions really nice. They gave us a little booklet which leads the way. We booked a tour on a bamboo boat which was really amazing! The bikes were taken on a car so we could instantly go on after the boat trip was over. The scenery during the bike tour and the boat trip was breathtaking!

I highly recommend Trippers Carpe Diem! The staff are really friendly and they can arrange everything for you (kayaking, rock climbing, etc.) It is a bit outside the city (5min by tuk tuk), but they can arrange transport so it's only 5 kuai, so the distance is no problem. The food is also amazing!

The hostel's staff was always very helpful, especially with hiking, biking or rafting tours in the area

Great hostel only 20 mins walk from bustling town Staff very helpful writing directions in chinese Only negative was matress was very thin

I loved staying at Trippers Carpe Diem. It is located right outside (15 min walk along the river) Yangshuo town. The highlights of visiting Yangshuo are the beautiful rivers, karst peaks, farms, villages and wonderful Chinese people. What is not appealing is the tourist trap that Yangshuo is- pedestrian shopping streets, shopping streets, shopping... If you are more of a bar-hopper/partier I think staying in town would be more appealing. Everyone I met that worked at Trippers was helpful!

Located in the countryside and far away from the town, bus stop, and restaurants. In a quite area, if that is what you like, but may not be conveinient if staying for more than a couple days. However, the staff will book a taxi for you; 20 RMB to go into the city one way, 30 RMB to the bis station. The hostel offers Asian and western food and drinks. My friend and I rented bikes and bikes around the countryside and to Moon Hill (45 minute ride one way to Moon Hill). Staff was very helpful.

• 18th May 2015

The BEST! If you want to experience the real, quiet and beautiful Yangshuo area...this is the place to stay! Very few cars nearby, sounds of frogs in the evening, and a 15-minute walk from the main streets of Yangshuo. The western food is AMAZING. The staff were the most friendly and helpful of all the (many) hostels I've stayed in in China. Bikes are easy and cheap to rent for half- or full-days.

I had à gréât stay, everybody so Nice and helpful. very Nice place to stay just outsider yangshuo, Wotherspoon béatifie view on mountains surroundings , I was very happy in crosby garden.

• 6th May 2015

Very nice staff, very good food, good advice for visiting, good services provided (taxi...), great barbecue organization

Ok, it is cheap. You get what you pay for. Moldy rooms with some paint over the fungus at the walls. Shower in the room was flooding the whole place. The aircon did not manage to get the room dry... A bit far out of town but within walking distance. Very nice and helpful staff!

• 1st May 2015

A lovely place and made all the better by the helpful and friendly staff.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Trippers Carpe Diem was a perfect refuge for me when I arrived hot, exhausted, and seeking an escape from the crush of tourists in Yangshuo. I loved the atmosphere and the location - though you should be aware that it is at least a 15-minute walk along riverside paths from Yangshuo itself (beautiful during the day, not as fun at night). I also met great people! Staff were a little shy but very nice. I would have stayed here longer had I not had a reservation elsewhere.

Great relaxed feel, nice rooms, friendly staff and real Western breakfasts. Ask the staff to cook you what they eat if you want some more interesting (and spicy) Chinese food. A nice retreat. The kids loved the pool table.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Dispite all the new buildings I hope it will stay a peacefull place!!!

• 11th Apr 2015