Trippers Carpe Diem Reviews

Shi Ban Qiao village nr 35, Yangshuo, China

Located in the countryside and far away from the town, bus stop, and restaurants. In a quite area, if that is what you like, but may not be conveinient if staying for more than a couple days. However, the staff will book a taxi for you; 20 RMB to go into the city one way, 30 RMB to the bis station. The hostel offers Asian and western food and drinks. My friend and I rented bikes and bikes around the countryside and to Moon Hill (45 minute ride one way to Moon Hill). Staff was very helpful.

• 18th May 2015

The BEST! If you want to experience the real, quiet and beautiful Yangshuo area...this is the place to stay! Very few cars nearby, sounds of frogs in the evening, and a 15-minute walk from the main streets of Yangshuo. The western food is AMAZING. The staff were the most friendly and helpful of all the (many) hostels I've stayed in in China. Bikes are easy and cheap to rent for half- or full-days.

Very nice staff, very good food, good advice for visiting, good services provided (taxi...), great barbecue organization

Ok, it is cheap. You get what you pay for. Moldy rooms with some paint over the fungus at the walls. Shower in the room was flooding the whole place. The aircon did not manage to get the room dry... A bit far out of town but within walking distance. Very nice and helpful staff!

• 1st May 2015

A lovely place and made all the better by the helpful and friendly staff.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Great relaxed feel, nice rooms, friendly staff and real Western breakfasts. Ask the staff to cook you what they eat if you want some more interesting (and spicy) Chinese food. A nice retreat. The kids loved the pool table.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Dispite all the new buildings I hope it will stay a peacefull place!!!

• 11th Apr 2015

I'm really glad I stayed at this hostel. The location is great and the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. It's in a quiet village just outside of the sometimes tourist heavy bustle of Yangshuo which made for a really relaxing stay. The food is good too! Recommended.

We had a very pleasent stay in the carpe diem, very friendly staff, very quite location, good food, good atmosphere...we are coming again:))

• 4th Apr 2015

I liked the location and the staff where helpful and nice. the private room I had was not good. It was constantly damp/wet for three nights. My clothes and bedding felt wet constantly and the floor was always wet. they said it was because the new building behind stopped the sun and wind. The bathroom smelled revolting even though it was cleaned everyday. other people I spoke to did not have this problem I think I just got the bad room (103)

Very nice Hostel which is about 20 minutes walk away from the city. For the first arrival, they offer a free pickup service, which is very nice. The stuff is very friendly and can help you planning your activities (we did a bike ride and a hike)

great hostel! loads of information about the area and great food coming from the kitchen.

The staff were really outstanding and went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay at the hostel. They spoke English well and gave great advice when helping us plan what to do during our time there. Would definitely stay there again!

We stayed in 9 hostels on our backpacking tour and this one was our favorite. It's in the countryside and it's absolutely gorgeous. It really is almost like a hotel. They have a great deck that you can hang out on and they even let us watch our movies on their projector. They serve really great Western food here as well. We loved having the free bikes after 16:00!

This hostel is very pretty and has a good quiet atmosphere. The location is not ideal if you want to be close to West Street. It's about a 25 min walk down paved forest paths that are pitch black at night. They have great food and free bikes after four. The private rooms are like a hotel and very nice.

The hostel was quite nice, but it's a bit far out of town. The staff will help you with everything though, including taxis and tours, but as a solo traveller a few things were off-limits to me due to the tour needing two people. Wasn't the biggest fan of the bathroom in the dorms.

A 1.5 km walk/ ride out of Yangshuo, this hostel is definitely worth it! The walk through the countryside by the river is just beautiful, even in February. Amazing village location, quiet and unspoilt. Outside communal area that would be great in summer, the indoor one closed a little early. However, staff very helpful and friendly. They offer good priced bike hire, but you can hire better bikes for the same price in Yangshuo. The bedside electrics let the dorms down, but clean and good ensuite.

Spent three days here with my girlfriend and we had a great time. The hostel staff are very helpful and the trips and activities were great value for money. The room was basic but comfy, although it would have been nice if the shower was slightly warmer. The location is a pleasant 15/20 minute walk from the town centre, or an easy taxi ride. The hostel food was excellent. A friendly hostel that is great value for money! 谢谢

• 13th Jan 2015

A fantastic hostel in a great location - it's quiet and beautiful and bike rides from here go straight into the countryside. The staff are friendly and helpful and the food is excellent value for money! We would recommend this hostel to everyone staying in Yangshuo, and would definitely love to return.

unique place distanced from main town, great staff and atmosphere!